To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- Executive Brief
- Fact Sheet
- Industry Overview
- Product Brief
- Overview Brochure
- Solution Brief
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- Webinar Mastering Decisioning to Stay in the CX GameLearn how to achieve real-time data collection and analysis to proactively meet and exceed customer requirements.
- Webinar Content Marketing in the Age of UncertaintyLearn how marketers can combine empathy, agility and technology to create meaningful customer interactions.
- Webinar Master agility and automation for lasting CX advantageLearn why brands that succeed in the coming decade will be the ones that rethink their approach to technology and consumers.
- Analyst Report The Total Economic Impact Of SAS Customer Intelligence 360
- Customer Story Using Customer Intelligence to optimise advertising salesREA Group uses SAS to get a clearer view of its digital advertising.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (Document Focused), Q2 2020Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (Document Focused), Q2 2020.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (People Focused), Q2 2020Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (People Focused), Q2 2020
- Article Customer data platform: What it is and why it’s important The recent rise in popularity for CDPs has led to a considerable amount of market confusion. Here's everything you need to know about how a CDP works, challenges to consider -- and how to go beyond the CDP with seamless integration.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Multichannel Marketing HubsSAS is a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Multichannel Marketing Hubs.
- Customer Story Workplace solutions retailer creates compelling customer experience via data-driven marketingOffice Depot Europe drives change by putting SAS Customer Intelligence 360 at the center of its digital transformation.
- Article Your customers aren’t afraid of new technologies. Are you? New research uncovered some interesting themes for the next decade of customer engagement. Surprisingly, consumers are embracing technology at a faster rate than brands might expect or admit.
- Article Tread carefully with customer data platformsThe potential benefits of customer data platforms are significant, but CDPs are by no means a silver bullet. Follow these three steps to avoid disillusionment.
- Article Marketers and privacyCompanies that break new privacy laws get fined heavily, but there may be an even greater cost: A damaged reputation.
- Customer Story Customer engagement blooms with analytics and AIInnovative marketing campaigns lead to improved customer retention and loyalty at 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc.
- Article Digital transformation for SMBsFor small and midsize businesses, delivering a better. customer experience is key to digital transformation
- Customer Story Hybrid approach ensures seamless experience for insurance customersInsurance company Topdanmark gains a true omnichannel marketing approach and better workflows with SAS® Customer Intelligence 360.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (EMSS Modules), Q3 2019.Forrester names SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (EMSS Modules), Q3 2019.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Marketing Software Suites, Q3 2019Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Marketing Management Suites, Q3 2019
- Article Five trends that will reshape customer experienceApplying the latest research from HBR gives a new twist on this surprisingly relevant 2015 list of CX do’s and don’ts.
- Article Under siege: Improving customer experience in bankingBanks are ranking low in customer satisfaction, but improvement is possible says Digital Banking Report owner and publisher Jim Marous.
- Customer Story Telecom calls on automation to improve market position Vodafone Ukraine reduces customer churn by 30 percent with SAS Customer Intelligence.
- Customer Story AI-driven personalization gives electronics retailer a boostConrad Electronic uses customer intelligence solutions from SAS to craft relevant offers in real time.
- Customer Story Targeted offers give hockey fans the royal treatmentLA Kings extend hot streak off the ice with analytics-grounded customer intelligence.
- Customer Story Finding your best customers with machine learningSeacoast Bank enhances customer value using AI and SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya.
- Article IoT: The customer experience accelerator you can't afford to ignoreIoT represents a powerful source of data that, when combined with analytics, can yield insights on everything from behavior to emotions to health. And that's why it's key to improving customer experience.
The Real-Time and Predictive Commerce Playbook for CMOs
Find out how the shift toward real-time and predictive analytics is empowering retailers, and learn the top 10 actions you should take to become a successful retailer in the age of digital Darwinism.
- Article What big data has brought to the privacy discussionHow does big data impact your privacy? There are ways to balance privacy and security in an increasingly transparent and dangerous world.
- Customer Story Fast-growing bank wins market share with cloud solutionICA Banken cut marketing campaign design from six weeks to one day and increased conversions tenfold.
Six Keys to Credit Risk Modeling for the Digital Age
Modernizing and automating the end-to-end process for origination and servicing – from data management to model development to credit decisions – can reduce credit losses and boost performance. This paper explores how infusing machine learning into this process supports more effective credit decisions for individuals, products or portfolios.
- Customer Story Using Artificial Intelligence to better engage with customersDaiwa Securities uses analytics and machine learning from SAS to better meet customer needs.
- Article Effective real-time marketingEffective real-time marketing is about engaging with customers whenever and wherever they are in their buying journey. Organizations should also be focused on knowing what the customer wants (product, pricing, experience, etc.) based on real-time analytics and predictive modeling.
Real-Time Analytics: The Key to Unlocking Customer Insights & Driving the Customer Experience
This Harvard Business Review Analytic Services report looks at how businesses are using advanced customer data analytics, along with real-time analytics and real-time marketing, to enhance their customers’ experiences.
Using Hybrid Cloud Capabilities for True Omnichannel Marketing
Seamless, agile customer interactions require a marketing system that can collect data about a customer’s interactions and behavior across all touch points, regardless of underlying technology. Learn how SAS Customer Intelligence 360 lets you use both cloud and on-site channels and data to create an omnichannel marketing solution.
Managing the Analytics Life Cycle for Decisions at Scale
Let the SAS Analytics Life Cycle guide you through the iterative process of going from raw data to predictive modeling to automated decisions, faster. This paper tells you how.
Data and the customer experience
For true customer engagement, marketers have moved beyond transactional interactions such as coupons and traditional tactics that do not offer an engaging experience. Using data and analytics for a deeper understanding of the customer, marketers are more successful in building the relationship.
- Article Three ways to improve real time marketing resultsReal-time marketing enables you to reach customers during purchase deliberations to provide the push a campaign needs be wildly successful.
Using SAS Marketing Optimization to improve credit-line optimization
Learn how SAS Marketing Optimization enables credit line optimization to balance the needs of managing risk exposure and achieving an acceptable rate of return at the portfolio level, as well as to devise a structured approach and advanced methodology that supports credit line strategy.
Analytics Accelerates Monetization Opportunities for Connected Vehicle and Mobility Services
Learn how automakers and their partners are using IoT data and analytics to help them reshape business models, seize new sources of revenue and develop inventive ways to better serve customers.
Digital Intelligence: The Heart of Successful Digital Transformation
This paper explores how digital transformation is changing marketing and customer experience throughout industries, including banking, retail and telecommunications. It also covers the importance of data in digital intelligence and discusses strategic ways to build a digital intelligence platform.
Beyond The Campaign
Marketing leaders are constantly trying to build profitable customer relationships by delivering innovative marketing strategies that reach and energize the audience. At the same time, initiatives like customer experience management are driving the need for a marketing makeover. This paper shows how leading companies are repositioning their marketing efforts to prepare for a more data- and results-driven environment.
Journey to the Core of Customer Centricity
Many communications service providers (CSPs) have begun their digital transformations, but the big question remains – how can operators improve the overall customer experience and still increase revenue? To accomplish digital transformation and be truly customer focused, CSPs need to understand the customer journey.
Using Data to Create Outcome-Based Customer Experiences
A framework for moving from a transactional, static data framework (think traditional customer experience management) to a more fluid, analytically driven approach where the data and analytics are fused into the process rather than being siloed.
The Internet of Things: Marketing’s Opportunities and Challenges
Learn how marketers can apply event-based marketing and real-time marketing capabilities to capitalize on IoT data in the moment by pinpointing significant customer events, which then trigger real-time customer decisions. The result? Best offers delivered in real time, given the consumer’s current context.
Power your digital transformation with guided analytics
Marketers today must deploy a wide range of advanced analytics with total transparency and without needing to be a data scientist to evaluate the results. SAS provides the most complete analytics solutions for marketers.
How Customer Intelligence Is Energizing the Utilities Industry
In these times of empowered customers – who are more demanding than ever and increasingly vocal on social media – it is important for utilities to shift their attention outward. Today, being a customer-centric, information-driven organization has become a business imperative for utility providers. We’ve compiled this e-book to explain how to use customer analytics to move from mass marketing that often misses your targeted customers (or comes at the wrong time) to more right-timed and contextual offers based on the data you already have.
Using Big Data to Enable the Omnichannel Retail Experience
As trends in consumer buying patterns continue to evolve, retailers need solutions that can derive deep data analytic insights to provide a more sophisticated, centralized view of their customers’ preferences and buying journeys.
- Article Real-time customer engagement is the future of experience managementReal-time customer engagement delivers contextual recommendations and decisions to your interactive customer channels at every possible touch point.
- Customer Story A new banking philosophy for enhanced customer loyaltyData-driven decisions help Royal Bank of Scotland transform its organizational processes, improve employee engagement and deliver excellent customer service.
- E-Book Your guide to becoming a modern marketerWhat skills do you need to become a modern marketer, and how can you use those skills to transform your marketing organization? This e-book provides a plan of action, starting with your data.
- Customer Story Telstra calls on SAS to keep customers engagedAustralia’s largest telecommunications company relies on SAS Analytics to better understand customers’ needs and develop the products and services they want.
Marketing Analytics Meets Artificial Intelligence: Six Strategies for Success
This paper explores six ways that AI can help marketers improve their marketing effectiveness, including increasing digital intelligence by integrating web analytics data with multichannel data to gain a comprehensive view of the customer for better personalization and engagement.
Getting to Why in Omnichannel Marketing Attribution
This paper explores the role of advanced analytical tools in understanding customers, driving marketing effectiveness and optimizing strategies and tactics to maximize business results.
Marketing attribution: Giving credit where credit is due
Discover how marketing attribution helps you analyze the impact and business value of company-generated marketing interactions to help make the best marketing investment decisions.
Improve Customer Experience with Actionable Artificial Intelligence
While more marketers turn to artificial intelligence technologies, this new territory also raises more questions. This paper offers a detailed look into how AI works, and explores the opportunities and challenges it presents.
Your guide to modernizing the marketing organization
Best practices to guide your analytical transformation – and help you reinvent your marketing organization for the digital age.
Redefining Brand Performance for the 21st Century
Use analytics and technology platforms to become genuinely customer-centric, and make the right connections with customers at the right time, on the right device.
Customer Analytics: Taking the First Step
Take the first step toward creating a valuable customer analytics program – understanding the customer using data visualization capabilities.
- White Paper Maximizing Moments of Truth: Creating Meaningful Real-Time Customer InteractionsThe digital marketplace presents new challenges for marketers, yet provides the perfect canvas for creating personalized, relevant communications and developing deep relationships with customers based on ongoing interactions.
- White Paper Analytics and the Customer JourneyRead about seven best practices that will help you become better at understanding the customer journey, delivering a more balanced journey and, ultimately, improving each customer experience in the process.
Keep them coming back
How can you use data and analytics to recognize your best customers across channels and know exactly where they are in their customer journey? In this e-book, we provide the latest research on customer loyalty, along with a three-pronged approach for securing it.
Data Elevates the Customer Experience
Delivering exceptional customer experiences has become a key differentiator for top organizations today. Now you can see where your peers and competitors stand in the new Forbes Insights report Data Elevates the Customer Experience.
Mobility, Vulnerability and the State of Data Privacy
We live in a mobile, digital world. Consumers expect and demand that they can connect every aspect of their daily lives to their smartphones and tablets. To live up to this expectation requires organizations to be more intimately aware of consumers’ wants and preferences. How are views changing as we become less attached to our technology and it literally is becoming more attached to us? Read our third annual survey to see how consumer sentiment is adapting to these changes.
- Customer Story The right offer every timeMigros individualizes its marketing with SAS Customer Intelligence, sees response rates and revenue increase.
- White Paper Blazing the Trail from Data to Insight to ActionThis report presents results of a survey of 105 marketing executives of large global organizations, conducted by Forbes Insights in partnership with SAS. Learn how much these organizations have integrated customer data analytics into their key processes, which areas are still works in progress, and how your organization compares.
- Customer Story Fewer coupons, more sales Belgium grocer Colruyt uses predictive analytics to tailor promotions, boost customer spending.
- Article A/B testing: A peek behind our curtainSAS makes extensive use of A/B testing methods to improve our products and our customers' experiences. Here's a case study in web page design where you can see the results for yourself.
The Architecture and Security of SAS® Marketing Operations Management
The architecture of the SAS Marketing Operations Management solution and various aspects of its deployment.
How Analytics Reveals New Utility Customer Value
Find out how to become a trusted energy partner, learning from current trends and best practices in customer analytics.
Customer Engagement Analytics: How to Use Data to Create (and Keep) Happy Customers
At a time when technology is woven into just about every aspect of our lives, your organization has probably gotten really good at collecting customer behavioral and feedback data. But how effective is your plan for putting that data into action? In this Aberdeen report, you’ll learn why personalization is critical for today’s marketers and the steps you can take to successfully incorporate analytics into a customer experience management program to deliver personalized, timely and consistent messages throughout the customer journey.
Demand-Driven Forecasting and Planning: Take Demand Responsiveness to the Next Level
This research report, produced in partnership with IndustryWeek, explores the way manufacturers currently use demand-driven forecasting and planning, as well as what future technology investments and methodologies will yield even more accuracy – and more revenue.
Shopper Insights to Improve Retail Loyalty Programs
Leveraging Kellogg’s experiential learning initiative, SAS worked with a group of MBA marketing research students to find out what drives retailer loyalty. The findings offer guidance on how retailers can improve their loyalty programs.
Unleashing the Power of Text Analytics for Travel
Discover how text analytics can improve the way your travel organization runs its business – from marketing to operations to revenue management.
Unleashing the Power of Text Analytics for Hotels
Discover how text analytics can improve the way your hotel runs its business – from marketing to operations to revenue management.
- Customer Story New Zealand Ministry of Social DevelopmentThe New Zealand Ministry of Social Development uses big data to profoundly improve the lives of citizens.
- Article Four ways Vail Resorts creates epic experiencesVail Resorts is a coveted vacation spot, sure. But did you know the resort is also a social media titan? Find out how Vail Resort gained 35 million social media impressions and turned happy guests into brand ambassadors.
- Article A lesson in customer service from Chick-fil-A President Dan CathyDoes Chick-fil-A’s commitment to be kind to employees and provide heartfelt hospitality to customers make the food taste better? President and COO Dan Cathy says it does, and the numbers back him up. He recently shared the secret behind the family-owned company's success.
- White Paper Testing, TestingA/B testing can give marketers more confidence in their marketing because it provides an analytical way to choose the right message for the right customers at the right time using the right channels. This Point of View paper explains what A/B testing is, why it matters and how it works.
- White Paper Five Steps to Analytical Maturity
- Customer Story Get better insights about your customers Sanoma's campaigns are targeted more optimally to customers - resulting in a high response rate, an increase in revenue per customer and enhanced customer value.
- Analyst Report White Paper Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer InsightsBusiness Intelligence
Get Started With Big Data: Tie Strategy to Performance
Many organizations have turned to large-scale data gathering and analytics to differentiate their business and compete on a higher level. While it may seem like everyone is doing “big data”, not all organizations have approached the initiative with a strategy that will ultimately succeed. This Harvard Business Review paper explores the very real and difficult challenges that C-level executives face in setting a sound strategy around data and analytics and provides four principles that your organization can put in place to guide a successful big data initiative.
- Customer Story Data visualization: Pathway to better customer insightUsing visual analytics, a major retail group pinpoints key trends in customer data to boost merchandizing and loyalty efforts.
The Art of Decisive Merchandising
This research report discusses which changes in merchandising offer the most painful obstacles to overcome and which ones open doors to the most promising opportunities.
- Customer Story Dutch commerce site gives eBay a competitive edge in the NetherlandsFind out how understanding customers keeps the Dutch arm of eBay on top.
- Customer Story Building customer satisfaction with better network monitoringSAS Analytics helps a major telecom organization analyze traffic, anticipate problems and improve customer service.
- White Paper Six Ways to Use Subscriber Data to Build a Stronger Business
- Customer Story Staying ahead of retail trendsSouth Korean retailer cut the time it took to produce critical marketing reports from 15 hours to just 40 minutes, allowing it to stay ahead of market trends and competitors.
ANA Magazine: Measures for Success
This report is part of ANA Magazines Thought Leadership Series sponsored by SAS.
- White Paper SAS for Media
- Webinar Real-Time Decision Manager Join us for this complimentary webinar exploring the challenges that marketers face today building a customer experience (CX) strategy that can adapt in real time to meet customers’ needs.
- Webinar Banking Under Siege: Avoiding the Trust and Customer Experience Collision CourseLearn why protecting data privacy is critical to earning customers’ trust – and what banks must do to meet the latest regulations.
- Webinar Creating a Culture That’s Ready for Real-TimeJoin us for a webinar featuring experts from SAS and Futurum and learn how marketers can put real-time analytics into action.
- Webinar Breaking through common barriers to digital marketing success (Part II)Join us for part two of our two-part webinar series with partner Iris Concise to learn how to proactively address data readiness challenges that can impede marketing performance.
- Webinar Data and AI: Accelerators of Banking CXJoin us for this webinar featuring experts in financial services, digital marketing and customer experience as we discuss ways to use analytics to your advantage in banking.
- Webinar Data Management and Real-Time Customer ExperienceLearn how to make peace with your data and take advantage of the unsung hero in your company – data management. Get tips for unifying your customer experience and data management teams and improving CX initiatives.
- Webinar Retail Reality: New Rules for Building Brand Loyalty in Times of CrisisRetail and customer experience leaders share highlights from recent global research, including strategies for creating the critical connections that turn customers into brand boosters in this new environment.
- Webinar Unlocking Customer Insights and Driving Customer Experience in RetailJoin experts from SAS, Intel and Accenture to find out how retailers are successfully using real-time integrated data analytics to improve customer experience.
- Webinar Trends in Marketing Analytics: Intro to Artificial Intelligence & Machine LearningFind out what you need to know about these new technologies and how they can help you make data- and metrics-driven marketing decisions.
- Webinar Is Customer-Centric Data Privacy an Oxymoron? Your Customers Don’t Think So.Learn how brands can meet and even exceed their goals in the age of data privacy.
- Webinar Banking on AI for Customer Experience Join us for a webinar featuring experts in financial services and customer experience to learn how AI and machine learning are being used in banking to improve CX.
- Webinar CX to the Power of AI: How to Use AI for Maximum Loyalty Learn how AI can help marketers create more personalized digital experiences, reduce churn and quickly capitalize on upsell opportunities.
- Webinar Privacy + Trust: The New Measures of CXWant to achieve a competitive edge? Learn why being customer-centric also means being privacy-obsessed.
- Webinar Loyalty Programs are Out. Loyalty Brands are In.Learn how brands can turn moments of truth into long-term customer loyalty.
- Webinar Digital Transformation Session 3: The Data Factory ApproachJoin SAS and Accenture for Part 3 of our webinar series as we explore the foundational layer of digital transformation – the data.
- Webinar Breaking through common barriers to digital marketing success Join us for part one of our two-part webinar series with partner Iris Concise to learn how to proactively address data readiness challenges that can impede marketing performance.
- Webinar The Modern-Day Boardroom Conversation: The Evolving Nature of TrustLearn why it’s essential to treat data privacy as not only a key aspect of the customer experience – but a competitive differentiator.
- Webinar Alignment: The Harmonic Convergence of Banking CXLearn how banks can use data and analytics to adapt and act in real time and provide better customer experiences.
- Webinar Digital Transformation Session 1: Putting Customer Experience Front and CenterJoin SAS and Accenture to learn about the architecture needed to enable digital transformation and deliver an improved customer experience.
- Webinar Real-Time Analytics in Banking: Deeper Customer Insights. Better Customer ExperienceLearn how to create real-time, contextualized interactions and analyze all data to gain a holistic view of customers.
- Webinar Real-Time Analytics in Retail: Deeper Customer Insights. Better Customer Experience. Learn how to create real-time, contextualized interactions and analyze all data to gain a holistic view of customers.
- Webinar Empathy and Understanding: Driving Loyalty Through Data and AnalyticsLearn how to go beyond loyalty programs and instead create personalized interactions throughout every step of the customer journey.
- Webinar Digital Transformation Session 2: Giving People What They Need to SucceedJoin SAS and Accenture for Part 2 of our webinar series as we explore how to empower people to work smarter, develop new skills and be catalysts for change.
- Webinar Experience 2030: Future-Proof Your Customer StrategyWhat will the future of customer experience look like? How will technology change the way we engage with content, customers, brands and each other?
- Webinar Trend Report: Retail Omnichannel Analytics for MarketingMake CX decisions that satisfy customers who can shop anywhere, anytime
- Webinar Real-Time Analytics in Communications: Deeper Customer Insights. Better Customer Experience.Learn how to create real-time, contextualized interactions and analyze all data to gain a holistic view of customers.
- Webinar AI-Enriched IoT Analytics: Shaping the Future of Customer ExperienceJoin us for this webinar to learn how combining advanced IoT analytics with AI can unlock the value of IoT data and craft a better customer experience.
- Webinar Transform CX to stand the test of timeLearn how to evaluate the cost and ROI of an enterprisewide CX transformation – and set up your brand for future success.
- Webinar Holistic CX Measurement: How to Reflect Loyalty and Business Value Metrics Learn how you can accurately quantify the results and ROI of your customer strategy and marketing efforts.
- White Paper Experience 2030. The Future of Customer Experience is... NOW!Futurum and SAS conducted a global survey including more than 1,700 consumers and brands from the United States, Canada and Mexico to understand what defines customer experience today and how it’s evolving through the year 2030.
TDWI Checklist Report | Six Best Practices to Ignite the Customer Experience with IoT
The IoT extends digital customer experience to physical customer experience and customer journeys for ultimate brand distinction. This TDWI Checklist Report, sponsored by SAS, outlines six best practices for data professionals and practitioners when using IoT to improve customer experience.
- E-Book Customer experience - now and into the futureExperience 2030: Research reveals 5 key themes driving customer experience. Build a forward-looking customer experience framework.
Today’s consumers not only expect a lot from brands, they also capitalize on AI, IoT, mixed reality and other immersive and emerging tech. This puts tremendous pressure on marketing organizations to reinvent their operating models so they can act in the moment.
This global report identifies the various relationships between brands and consumers that shape customer engagements today, uncovering where they are aligned and where they are not. It provides insights to help brands bridge those gaps to build a forward-looking customer experience framework to help move their companies into the future.
Third-party paper sponsored by SAS and conducted by Futurum Research.