Stay current on the latest topics.
- SAS’ capabilities help Ulta Beauty navigate highly personalized customer journeys January 17, 2022
- SAS helps retailers and consumer goods manufacturers anticipate shipping disruptions and shopper demand January 17, 2022
- SAS shares virtual NRF22 stage with Ulta Beauty, Sleep Number, Waitrose, Coppel and C.H. Robinson January 17, 2022
- Cary, N.C., to Build IoT Center to Test New Applications StateTech January 5, 2022
- Biggest credit card scams to look out for in 2022 Bankrate December 31, 2021
- SAS extends recognition streak to 16 years in RiskTech 100 list WRAL TechWire December 29, 2021
SAS engages industry analysts for their recommendations on our software, messaging and other market and competitive information. Analyst firms offer advice and research, through their publications, events and consulting projects, to companies that are evaluating technology purchases.
Insights & Trends
- Article Payment fraud evolves fast – can we stay ahead? November 12, 2021Payment fraud happens when a criminal steals a person’s private payment information, then uses it for an illegal transaction. As payment trends evolve, so do the fraudsters. Banks and PSPs can fight back with advanced analytics techniques that adapt quickly to spot anomalies in behavior.
- Article What is a data lake and why does it matter? October 22, 2021A data lake is a storage repository that quickly ingests large amounts of raw data in its native format. As containers for multiple collections of data in one convenient location, data lakes allow for self-service access, exploration and visualization. In turn, businesses can see and respond to new information faster.
- Article Public health infrastructure desperately needs modernization September 3, 2021Public health agencies must flex to longitudinal health crises and acute emergencies – from natural disasters like hurricanes to events like a pandemic. To be prepared, public health infrastructure must be modernized to support connectivity, real-time data exchanges, analytics and visualization.
- Article Online payment fraud stops here July 9, 2021Billions of dollars each year are lost to online payment fraud through channels that provide convenient – yet vulnerable – ways to shop and bank. See how to fight back and win with advanced analytics.
- Article The 5 new rules of retail March 8, 2021Why did the rules of retail need to be rewritten? Because 2020 happened and shopping patterns changed overnight. There were product shortages, store closures and long lines to get in the few stores that were open. Consumers moved to online shopping in droves and expected a seamless experience in-store and online: Curbside pickup; same-day delivery; contactless delivery; buy online, pick up in store. The list goes on.
- Article SAS CIO: Why leaders must cultivate curiosity in 2021 February 19, 2021With the change we’re all facing this year, CIOs should be counting on curiosity to play a crucial role in how we’re going to meet the challenges that lie ahead. From the moment COVID-19 hit, our IT organization has relied on curiosity – that strong desire to explore, learn, know - to fuel the urgent changes required. And it’s curiosity that will enable us to meet the needs of the future of work post-pandemic.
- Article 3 ways to rethink retail forecasting and demand planning December 22, 2020The pandemic has profoundly changed consumer shopping behaviors and experiences and the increasing pressure has retailers scrambling to improve their ability to precisely predict and plan for demand. If you don’t know where to start, here are three questions to ask as you rethink your forecasting and demand planning.
- Article Beyond IFRS 17 – what's next? September 18, 2020IFRS 17 is not just a new accounting standard. Its fundamental objective is to provide transparency and insight to the insurance business while identifying strengths and areas for improvement. Learn how to keep a long-term vision and achieve broader business value beyond the immediate demands of IFRS 17.
Visit our Insights Center, for the latest thinking on topics you care about – analytics, big data, data management, marketing, risk and fraud – published by and curated from experts around the world.