Modern, real-time marketing grew membership and incremental sales for leading grocery retailer
Personalized customer interactions boost loyalty program membership.
40% incremental sales increase
Migros uses SAS® MarTech solutions to personalize customer journeys, optimize campaign strategies and enhance customer engagement
Migros, Turkey's leading supermarket chain, is a household name for millions of customers, boasting an impressive 100% market penetration rate. Its highly successful Money loyalty program, with 20 million members, illustrates Migros’ dedication to customer experience and its vision of becoming “the most beloved and valuable new-generation retailer in Turkey.”
Before SAS Customer Intelligence 360, Migros had a commitment to customer experience, digital delivery was good, yet not flawless. The company faced challenges effectively managing customer communications, achieving mobile and web personalization and targeting, mapping customer journeys, and accessing real-time insights. This posed some challenges in delivering seamless, personalized customer experiences across all channels. So Migros completely transformed its Money loyalty program with a focus on five areas:
- Strengthening customer journey activation by streamlining customer journey activities, ensuring a more rapid and agile execution of interconnected, personalized interactions.
- Enhancing personalized communications using real-time digital customer data. Now customer communications are tailored to individual preferences and behaviors. This change has enabled deeper customer engagement and fostered stronger brand loyalty.
- Simple and flexible customer journey design with accessible insights from SAS Customer Intelligence 360. Migros’ marketers can now identify key touch points to deliver seamless, consistent experiences throughout the customer journey, enhancing overall satisfaction and engagement.
- Leveraging data-driven insights to create more targeted and engaging campaigns that resonate with customers and drive better results.
- Streamlining customer journey planning by removing guesswork. Migros’ data-driven campaigns are well informed, targeted and aligned with business objectives.
World-class loyalty program
With the help of SAS Customer Intelligence 360, Migros Money is now providing members with world-class loyalty program capabilities including:
- Collecting user data immediately after implementation
- Data ownership using 1st party data
- Using of push, mobile in app, web spot and furniture spot, web popup channels
- Taking real-time actions according to the customer's digital movements
- Manage registered user data with anonymous visit
- Creating analytical models and scenarios related to analysis
- Ability to use predefined target audiences
- Personalization on the web page and mobile application
- Creating segments based on criteria in different dimensions such as card type, gender, TBG (“Tam Bana Göre (TBG)” is a campaign of Migros’ loyalty card program Money) utilization, etc.
- Defining the digital journey
- Communicating with customers through different channels and taking action based on responses
- Ability to take special actions for customer purchases and communicate one-on-one with selected audiences
- Ability to schedule communications
- A/B Testing
The platform’s user-friendly interface and intuitive features allowed Migros to create personalized customer journeys, resulting in more effective and targeted campaigns with the experienced Migros CRM team and Partner Republic team. Two examples of this strategy in action include the Money Gold registration and the Money Commercial Card campaigns.
Migros – Facts & Figures
members enrolled in the Migros Money loyalty program
Money Gold registration program
Once a customer is enrolled in Migros Money, their next milestone is to join Migros Money Gold. Migros set out to design a customer journey to invite existing loyalty members to join Money Gold registration in a personalized and compelling way.
Migros employed SAS Customer Intelligence 360’s advanced analytics to automate and streamline the creation of personalized customer journeys, ensuring timely and targeted push notifications for each customer audience. With this solution, Migros was able to target the audience most likely to register for Migros Money Gold and send a series of timely and targeted push notifications.
- Memberships increased 33%.
- Incremental sales grew 40%.
- 90,000 active members.
Money Commercial Cards program
Migros wanted to take personalization even further for their customers and built it into product offerings. It introduced three targeted commercial cards, each designed to give unique benefits to specific types of consumers. The first is the Yacht Card, granted to individuals with a seaworthiness certificate. The second is the Hotel & Restaurant Card for businesses operating hotels or restaurants. Finally, the Service Card was created for individuals in building management.
Money rewards are automatically awarded to cardholders who spend above their monthly limits, and Migros wanted to create a personalized program to help a customer take advantage of all the unique benefits of their specific card.
To solve this, Migros began sending targeted multi-channel communication with real-time spending limits after each purchase to encourage its commercial customers to spend toward rewards. With SAS Customer Intelligence 360, Migros could build weekly journeys featuring enticing rewards to motivate customers who hadn’t made purchases since the beginning of the month.
- 23% of cardholders made first purchase because of campaign.
- Incremental sales grew 35%.
Continuing into the future
These programs are merely a glimpse into Migros’ strategy to create more targeted messaging, more meaningful customer engagement and sustained revenue growth.
Moving forward, Migros and the Partner Republic team will continue enhancing the digital customer experience with the tools in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 and a well-crafted customer engagement roadmap. Together, they plan to incorporate more personalized journeys for current Migros Money members that harness the wealth of data from past purchases, preferences and behavioral patterns. The programs will also include engaging web and app features and targeted acquisition journeys.
With these tools at its disposal, Migros is ready to continue its mission of being a beloved household brand with a new-generation approach to engaging its customers.