SAS Analytics Pro and
SAS Analytics Pro Advanced Programming
Easy-to-use, yet powerful capabilities for accessing, manipulating, analyzing and presenting information – for cloud and on-site deployment. Plus available advanced statistical techniques.
Improve productivity with SAS Analytics Pro – all the data analysis tools you need in one package. And get additional capabilities with SAS Analytics Pro Advanced Programming.
Get analysis, reporting and easy-to-understand visualizations from one vendor.
Why piece together niche software packages from different vendors? A consolidated portfolio that includes three of our most popular products – Base SAS, SAS/STAT® and SAS/GRAPH® – reduces the cost of licensing, maintenance, training and support, while ensuring that consistent information is available across your enterprise.
Use innovative statistical techniques.
SAS statistical procedures are constantly being updated to reflect the latest advances in statistical methodology. And technical support is provided by experienced master's- and doctorate-level statisticians who deliver a level of service and knowledge not often found with other software vendors. SAS has more than four decades of experience developing statistical analysis software that organizations around the world rely on to provide accurate answers to data questions.
Integrate data and meet compliance mandates.
SAS software integrates into virtually any computing environment, so you can unify your computing efforts and get a single view of your data. You can produce repeatable code that's easily documented and verified for compliance. And analysts are freed to focus on analysis rather than data issues.
Easily create and share graphics and reports.
Build analytical-style graphs, maps and charts with any style of output that's needed. It's easy to create reports in standard office formats such as RTFs, PDFs, PowerPoint, HTML and e-books that can be read on the iPad® and iPhone®, so you can deliver analytic results where they're needed most.
Intuitive, fourth-generation programming language
Highly flexible, extensible 4GL with easy-to-learn syntax includes hundreds of language elements and functions that support programming – from data extraction, formatting and cleansing to data analysis, reporting and information storage.
Advanced statistical analysis with powerful SAS Analytics
Provides a wide range of statistical methods – including geolocation analysis with built-in mapping capabilities – that are updated frequently to reflect the latest methodologies.
Prebuilt library of ready-to-use procedures in a web-based environment
Streamlines programming, analysis and reporting – and improves programmer productivity and efficiency – by delivering significant functionality executed with a few simple commands.
Data visualization, presentation & delivery
Enables visual presentation of ideas and findings using a wide variety of business maps, charts, plots and 3-D relationship graphs.
Easy, cloud-based access to advanced statistical analysis & reporting
Provides instant access to powerful statistical analysis and reporting applications, delivered in a container for easy deployment in the cloud and on-site, to quickly turn your models into business value. Now with faster than ever installation for desktop users.
Advanced programming features for statisticians
SAS Analytics Pro Advanced Programming offers a wide range of additional advanced statistical techniques for assessing quality, processing time-series data, and developing linear and non-linear optimization.
SAS Analytics Pro
Get advanced statistical analysis and reporting capabilities – along with high-impact visuals – in one package that includes:
SAS has the functionality to do what we need now and what we anticipate needing in the future. Jamie Hall Senior Operations Research Analyst Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative
SAS Analytics Pro Blog Posts
Get the latest information on new features and functionality in SAS Analytics Pro and related offerings from our collection of SAS Analytics Pro blog posts.
SAS Support Communities
Whether you're new to SAS or are a longtime user, SAS Support Communities are the perfect gathering place for those looking to solve problems, share insights and learn best practices for using SAS software. You'll find communities suitable for novices and statistical experts alike. Join today. The community of SAS experts is there to help you succeed.
Would you like to program with SAS anywhere?
Access data anywhere with new SAS/ACCESS engines designed for the latest modern data repositories.
Explore More on SAS Analytics Pro & Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- White Paper
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- Customer Story Identifying potential trouble spotsFlorida DOC turns to SAS Analytics to help improve citizen safety.
- Article A guide to machine learning algorithms and their applicationsDo you know the difference between supervised and unsupervised learning? How about the difference between decision trees and forests? Or when to use a support vector algorithm? Get all the answers here.
- Customer Story Better reporting yields better understanding of risk managementSAS Visual Analytics helps Erste Bank Croatia tackle diverse data for accurate analysis.
- Article Inside sports analytics: Ten lessons for business leadersPost "Moneyball" many sports teams take a highly analytical approach to winning, and there are several important lessons that businesses can learn. These 10 tips come from research Thomas H. Davenport conducted on more than 25 professional teams.
- E-Book Enrich Your Data With Location AnalyticsLocation is more than a point on a map. It is a pathway to growth and better service. Matching up location information with big and little data can revolutionize business practices. Learn more in this e-book.
- Customer Story University uses analytics to ensure student successWestern Kentucky University uses data visualization and advanced analytics to make informed decisions.
- Customer Story Prison violence dramatically drops with analytics-based risk assessmentThe Indiana Department of Correction uses real-time data and predictive analytics from SAS to reduce violent attacks on staff by 50%.
- Customer Story Making buildings – and business – more secure with analytics and AIIndustrial company Comelit Group harnesses the power of SAS Viya 4 to modernize how decisions are made, combining the most successful analytics and AI platform with the flexibility and scalability of the cloud.
- Article ModelOps: How to operationalize the model life cycleModelOps is where analytical models are cycled from the data science team to the IT production team in a regular cadence of deployment and updates. In the race to realizing value from AI models, it’s a winning ingredient that only a few companies are using.
- Customer Story Transforming the consumer banking experience through advanced analyticsCIMB Singapore uses SAS Viya to enhance business operations and keep pace with changing customer needs.
- E-Book 5 Steps to Accelerate Value From Your Industrial IoT Data This e-book features five steps industrial leaders can follow to get more value from IIoT data. It describes how to craft a comprehensive IIoT strategy, what to look for in an edge-to-enterprise analytics solution, and how to evaluate IIoT solutions.
- Customer Story Building reliability in riskBanca Mediolanum uses SAS Viya to develop high-performing, reliable credit scoring models.
- Customer Story Managing mergers and analytics: Ensuring reliable energy by eliminating riskWhen the Belgian grid operators Eandis, Infrax and Integan merged into Fluvius, the new company turned to SAS for an analytics solution to screen its procurement systems and identify risks at an early stage.
- Customer Story Taking the guesswork out of production planningEuramax uses SAS to prevent production delays
- E-Book Governments leading through changeIn this e-book, SAS has collected the wisdom and stories of the government agencies that are rising to the challenges of our times and applying analytics to drive evidence-based decision making. These stories are pulled from every sector of government and are relevant across all sectors because they each share innovative new ways to respond to a changing landscape.
- Analyst Report Aite Matrix: Leading Fraud & AML Machine Learning PlatformsSAS is a best-in-class vendor in the most recent AiteNovarica report, Aite Matrix: Leading Fraud & AML Machine Learning Platforms.
- Customer Story Automated laboratories improve uptime with analyticsPredictive service and maintenance keeps Siemens Healthineers lab tests running on time.
- Customer Story Making connections through high-quality data to enhance public safetyThe West Virginia Fusion Center uses SAS Law Enforcement Intelligence on Microsoft Azure to manage data, share information and help agencies solve and prevent crimes.
- Article Keeping an open mind about open analyticsSome of the smartest data science teams are using SAS alongside open source analytics. Find out how you can use both and deploy all models consistently.
- E-Book Building your data and analytics strategyLaunch successful data analytics projects, improve data prep and go beyond conventional data governance. Read on to help your organization become truly data-driven.
- Article Analytics enable companies to provide superior customer experience in telco businessToday in a smartphone driven world telecoms need to develop new business strategies and solutions that answer customer demand and support tech innovation.
- Article Contact tracing investigations for public health: Technology enhances epidemic investigationWhat was once a cumbersome process that relied on an individual’s often incomplete or inaccurate memory, contact tracing investigations for public health has entered the digital era thanks to advanced analytics and data visualization.
- Article Components of an information management strategyBefore starting a data management strategy for your business, you need to understand each component. Data expert David Loshin breaks them down.
- Article The advanatges of an analytics cultureGen. Colin Powell and SAS experts focus on the topic of culture and how to change an organization’s DNA to meet the challenges of this brave, new analytics world.
- Article A police force of our timeLike many countries, the crime and threats that Denmark faces are developing at a rapid pace. The police have to do more with fewer resources, just like the rest of the public sector. The police’s strong professional culture, which focuses on team spirit and on acting in dangerous situations, must be supplemented with new competences.
- E-Book Innovation: From data to businessReport on findings from a global expert interview study on the topic of analytics driven innovation; Peer insights to help navigate the journey from data to innovation.
- Article Situational awareness guides our responses – routine to crisisMany circumstances call for situational awareness – that is, being mindful of what’s present and happening around you. The COVID-19 pandemic heightened this need, as leaders across industries used analytics and visualization to gain real-time situational awareness and respond with fast, critical decisions.
- Customer Story Telstra calls on SAS to keep customers engagedAustralia’s largest telecommunications company relies on SAS Analytics to better understand customers’ needs and develop the products and services they want.
- Customer Story Transforming steelmaking through IoT analyticsSSAB improves production efficiency, product quality and maintenance strategies using sensor data, artificial intelligence and advanced analytics.
- Analyst Report Maximizing Innovation in Digitally Maturing Process ManufacturingThis report outlines the roadmap that digitally maturing process manufacturers must follow to identify and build the core competencies needed to use transformation as a competitive advantage.
- Customer Story Artificial intelligence yields breakthrough innovation in crop scienceBoragen partners with SAS to fight plant disease, protect crops and boost agricultural production sustainably.
- Customer Story Building a culture of analytics empowers university to lead as an educational enterpriseFrom enrollment to graduation, the University of Texas at Arlington uses SAS Analytics for Education on Amazon Web Services to aid in analysis supporting student success and campus strategic decision making.
- E-Book Make Every Voice Heard with Natural Language ProcessingNatural language processing: The communication link between human and machine intelligence.
- Article Public health infrastructure desperately needs modernizationPublic health agencies must flex to longitudinal health crises and acute emergencies – from natural disasters like hurricanes to events like a pandemic. To be prepared, public health infrastructure must be modernized to support connectivity, real-time data exchanges, analytics and visualization.
- Customer Story A customer connection is the special ingredientItalian olive oil company Fratelli Carli uses SAS Customer Intelligence 360 to create an integrated, personalized customer experience.
- Article How health care leaders deployed analytics when crisis hitDuring the COVID-19 pandemic, some health care providers were well-positioned to respond to rapid changes in demand. The factor that most distinguished them was that they already had a strong capacity in place for using data to inform decisions. Read about three key takeaways from their experiences.
- Article 10 ways analytics can make your city smarter From child welfare to transportation, read 10 examples of analytics being used to solve problems or simplify tasks for government organizations.
- Customer Story Integrated marketing improves results for marketers and customersDigital insurance company InShared uses SAS Customer Intelligence 360 to improve services and extend personalized offers.
- Customer Story Maximizing the reach and impact of an eHealth hubMedical research facility Black Dog Institute partners with SAS to support health care workers’ mental well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Customer Story Conservation efforts take flight with analyticsThe Royal Society for the Protection of Birds uses SAS to help safeguard wildlife.
- Article 5 ways to measure beehive health with analytics and hive-streaming dataThis analytical approach to understanding bee hive health can automatically alert beekeepers to changes in hive weights, temperatures, flight activity and more.
- Customer Story Personalization is key in telecommunications. And analytics the natural solution.Telenor Norway uses SAS Analytics to enhance business decisions and continuously adapt to customers’ needs.
- Article The Humanity in Artificial IntelligenceCould artificial intelligence be the change agent we need to solve many problems around the globe? Read how AI could accelerate our ability to have a a positive, lasting impact.
- Customer Story Using artificial intelligence to decode dance patterns of beesAmesto NextBridge and Beefutures use visual analytics and machine learning to help protect and support healthy bee populations.
- Article Learning the art of analytical storytellingCrafting and pitching enticing data-driven stories is a vital skill to master. Here are a few tips to help you get started with storytelling visualizations.
- Customer Story Fusion center’s fast access to quality intelligence helps combat crime, safeguard communities and protect national securityCross-agency collaboration and data sharing at the Northern California Regional Intelligence Center assist in detecting and preventing criminal and terrorist activity.
- Article Five AI TechnologiesDo you know the difference between artificial intelligence and machine learning? And can you explain why computer vision is an AI technology? Find out in this short explainer.
- Customer Story Community outreach and support for COPD patients enhanced through natural language processing and machine learningText analytics and sentiment analysis from SAS help the COPD Foundation provide health resources and emotional support for patients and caregivers.
- Article Machine learning and artificial intelligence in a brave new worldWhat is the interplay between man and machine in a brave new world with AI?
- Series Use education dashboards to publicize the value of analyticsHow can education institutions show the effectiveness of their analytics and visualizations? Think about publicizing your key dashboards.
- Customer Story Recovering millions of dollars in fraudulent insurance claims via advanced analyticsThe North Carolina Department of Insurance runs its Insurance Crimes Investigation System in the SAS Cloud to better detect fraud and track investigations from intake through prosecution.
- E-Book Making Sense of AIThis e-book explores the current boundaries of AI, as well as the many ways that modern AI applications can improve our understanding of the world and enable us to make better, faster decisions.
- Customer Story Achieving academic and operational excellence through business intelligenceCurtin University uses SAS Visual Analytics to provide reporting across the organization.
- Customer Story Making faster, better lending decisionsLocal Government Federal Credit Union sees efficiency gains with SAS.
- Article How researchers are fighting cancer with analyticsThanks partly to analytics, cancer survival rates are higher, treatments are more personalized and cancer research continues to expand.
- Series Women in Analytics: Susan Weidner, IntrinsiQ Specialty SolutionsPractical advice for women interested in pursuing a career in analytics. Mentors were key for Weidner, now a Senior VP at IntrinsiQ Specialty Solutions.
- Customer Story Pharmacy benefit manager slashes fraud, waste and abuse using artificial intelligencePrime Therapeutics saves its clients $355 million in 18 months with AI-powered SAS Detection and Investigation for Health Care.
- Customer Story Ulta Beauty glams up its marketing with personalized offersThe largest US beauty retailer uses SAS Customer Intelligence 360 to create world-class customer experiences online and in stores.
- Customer Story Putting IoT data from connected vehicles to workIveco Group uses SAS Viya on Amazon Web Services to improve vehicle design and remote diagnostics for its trucks.
- Article Seven tips for creating a self-service BI governance strategySelf-service BI and IT governance – sometimes the two seem at odds. Can they coexist peacefully? Live happily ever after? TDWI thinks so. They offer seven tips for creating a strategy that works for both.
- Customer Story Advanced analytics in the cloud helps international biopharmaceutical group enhance operations and efficiencyChiesi Group uses SAS Viya on SAS Cloud hosted on Microsoft Azure to analyze information in a collaborative platform, streamline processes and efficiently deliver trial results to regulatory authorities.
- Customer Story Cancer treatment enters a new era with artificial intelligenceAmsterdam UMC uses analytics and AI solutions from SAS to increase speed and accuracy of tumor evaluations.
- Customer Story Building materials leader optimizes production using analyticsUSG Corporation relies on SAS to improve its manufacturing process and reduce downtime, costs and energy consumption.
- Customer Story Enhancing road safety with advanced analyticsBelgium’s FPS Justice uses insights from SAS Visual Analytics to crack down on excessive speeding and take more effective action against traffic violators.
- Article Why you should care about episode analyticsThe future of value-based health care requires a better understanding of how patients are treated for thousands of conditions. Only episode analytics can uncover the insights payers and providers need.
- Webinar What Are Current Challenges and Opportunities in Analytics?Learn about the analytics process model.
- Article SAS CIO: Why leaders must cultivate curiosity in 2021With the change we’re all facing this year, CIOs should be counting on curiosity to play a crucial role in how we’re going to meet the challenges that lie ahead. From the moment COVID-19 hit, our IT organization has relied on curiosity – that strong desire to explore, learn, know - to fuel the urgent changes required. And it’s curiosity that will enable us to meet the needs of the future of work post-pandemic.
- Customer Story Norway’s largest telecommunications, media and technology provider adapts to rapidly changing customer expectations using a hybrid cloud approachTelenor relies on SAS Viya on Azure and SAS Customer Intelligence 360 to provide fast, personalized customer service based on real-time analytics.
- Article What coaching a new driver and developing an analytics culture have in commonEight lessons that apply equally to nurturing an organization's analytics culture and instructing a young driver how to safely navigate the open road.
- Article Load Forecasting: Ensuring supply meets energy demandLoad forecasting helps energy suppliers meet demand for residential and commercial customers. As renewable energy resources increase, the necessity for a technology platform that adapts to load forecasting requirements becomes crucial.
- Customer Story Hospitals save time and money with real-time medical device tracking Jan Yperman Hospital uses Blyott and SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya to monitor hospital asset locations and ensure optimal purchasing decisions.
- Customer Story Advanced analytics empowers businesses with data-driven decisionsThe Hang Seng University of Hong Kong uses SAS Viya to nurture next-generation analytical talent and aid small to mid-size businesses.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Multimodal Predictive Analytics & Machine Learning, Q3 2020.Forrester report states that products evaluated are SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning and SAS® Model Manager.
- Article A data scientist’s views on data literacyGet a data scientist and teacher's perspective on the value of having foundational knowledge so you can more easily tell data fact from data fiction.
- Article Smart cities, smart energy solutions – thanks to the IoTFind out how Envision America and CPS Energy are using the IoT and analytics to make cities smarter and transform energy programs.
- Customer Story Ensuring public transparency and one-stop access to crime data and analysisThe North Carolina Criminal Justice Analysis Center uses SAS Viya on SAS Cloud to improve data accessibility and efficiencies in gathering and reporting state and county criminal justice statistics to stakeholders, policymakers and citizens.
- Customer Story Nudging students and school districts toward unimagined successMichigan’s Anchor Bay and Armada Area school districts use SAS EVAAS for K-12 to encourage students and educators to dream bigger and achieve higher.
- Customer Story Knowing the who, informs the whatThe New Zealand Ministry of Health established the Virtual Data Registry to more accurately identify diabetes sufferers and citizens likely to contract diabetes. They'll use the database to inform policy and spending decisions that will ensure better care for those patients.
- Customer Story University aces data strategy to retain more studentsBetter student outcomes, million-dollar savings just the beginning for the University of North Texas.
- Article Wanted: AI leadersDo you have what it takes to be an AI leader? In this growing field, people skills, innovation and ethics are more important than expertise in artificial intelligence technologies.
- Article Are you good at scoring?Credit scoring is the foundation for evaluating clients who apply for a loan (or other types of exposure for the bank). It is not unusual for it to take up to 12 months to build and deploy a new credit scoring model. Reforming the process will help minimize losses, increase earnings and reduce operational risk.
- Customer Story Next-day deliveries in hand with analyticsParcel delivery company Relais Colis adapts to online shopping revolution by using SAS Visual Analytics to automate reporting, shorten delivery times.
- Customer Story How streaming IoT data and advanced analytics help maintain COVID-19 vaccine integrityThe North Carolina Collaboratory relies on SAS Analytics for IoT on Azure to harness the complex system of cold chain logistics, ensuring safe transport, storage and availability of COVID-19 vaccines statewide.
- Article Student growth measures show the way to educational successStudent test scores don’t tell the whole story about how students are performing. Educators are finding new ways to measure progress.
- E-Book Mastering Model Lifecycle OrchestrationThis interactive guide describes the stages of the model life cycle and explains why organizations should embrace different programming languages, tools, techniques and runtime environments when developing and deploying models.
- Article Finding COVID-19 answers with data and analyticsLearn how data plays a role in optimizing hospital resources, understanding disease spread, supply chain forecasting and scientific discoveries.
- Analyst Report The Total Economic Impact™ Of SAS Viya On AzureMicrosoft and SAS commissioned Forrester Consulting to conduct a Total Economic Impact™ study and examine the potential return on investment enterprises may realize by deploying SAS Viya on Azure.
- Customer Story Analytics helps major public health system run efficient programs and improve patient careThe Los Angeles County Department of Health Services relies on advanced analytics from SAS to meet federal regulations, ensure financial viability and better serve a diverse population of more than 10 million people.
- Customer Story Boosting institutional research with data governance and self-service reportingThe University of Idaho invests in SAS to give administrators access to trusted, insight-rich data.
- Article How Walmart makes data work for its customersTips from the world's largest retailer on building an infrastructure that makes data work for its 240 million customers a week.
- Customer Story Analytics turns service repair data into cost savingsAmerican Honda turns to SAS to help make sense of warranty and service data.
- Customer Story Forecasting helps Wescom Credit Union save millions of dollarsWescom Credit Union increases lending decision accuracy by at least 50%.
- Customer Story Finland’s top retail bank applies AI to improve customer service and credit scoringS-Bank provides better customer service and faster, more accurate loan processing time using SAS Viya on Azure.
- Customer Story Advanced analytics can detect and prevent insurance fraud before losses occurYdrogios Insurance limits damage, reduces costs and shields its competitive advantage with SAS® Detection and Investigation for Insurance.
- Analyst Report IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Responsible Artificial Intelligence for Integrated Financial Crime Management Platforms 2022 Vendor AssessmentLearn why SAS is positioned in the Leaders category in the 2022 IDC MarketScape for worldwide responsible artificial intelligence for integrated financial crime management platforms.
- Article How to drill a better hole with analyticsFrom drilling holes to preventing health care fraud, learn about some of the new technologies SAS has patented with IoT and machine learning technologies.
- Customer Story Workplace solutions retailer creates compelling customer experience via data-driven marketingViking Europe drives change by putting SAS Customer Intelligence 360 at the center of its digital transformation.
- Series Data drives destinyUS community colleges need to train 11 million more skilled workers by 2025. Karen Stout, CEO, Achieving the Dream, explains how data can make it happen.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in the 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Multichannel Marketing HubsSAS is a Leader in the 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Multichannel Marketing Hubs.
- Article Establishing a roadmap for government data analytics takes less time than you think Public sector groups need a strategy before taking on government data analytics. Learn how to get the most from your data.
- Article Internet of things applications across multiple industriesLearn about existing Internet of Things applications in five industries, and get advice on how to develop your own Internet of Things applications.
- Customer Story Fintech company’s rapid growth leads to consistent cloud strategyauxmoney saves resources, gains flexibility and scalability with risk management in the SAS Cloud hosted on Microsoft Azure.
- Article Analytics for all, all in one placeFrom Python to R and SAS to Spark, bring all of your analytics packages together with one trusted platform for analytics governance.
- Customer Story Analytics helps ensure fair and balanced pay structures across Sweden’s public sectorTietoEVRY and SAS partner to help Sweden's largest employer organization, Adda, offer a nationally aggregated salary planning tool for municipalities and regions across the country.
- E-Book Augmented Analytics: The secret ingredient to better business intelligenceAugmented analytics breaks down the limitations of business intelligence (BI) and brings forward insights from data using AI and machine learning.
- Article 9 questions on in-memory analyticsWith in-memory analytics, data is stored on the disk but read into memory for faster analytical processing. What does this mean for your business? And how can you benefit? Find out the answers to these and other questions.
- Webinar Getting Started With Geo Analysis in SAS® Visual AnalyticsSeeing is believing. Learn the geo analysis capabilities available in SAS Visual Analytics, available out of the box and through Esri integration.
- Customer Story Protecting Endangered Species with AI SolutionsCan artificial intelligence protect endangered species from extinction? The answer may lie in their footprints. WildTrack researchers are exploring the possibilities of using AI to augment the process of animal tracking used by indigenous tribes and redefine what conservation efforts look like in the future.
- Customer Story Improving loss ratios and profitabilityTriad Analytic Solutions helps insurers benefit from advanced analytics.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Digital Intelligence Platforms, Q4 2022SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Digital Intelligence Platforms, Q4 2022.
- Article Stopping the Zika virus: The potential of big data, analyticsHow do you stop global outbreaks? The answer may be in the data about the disease and how it spreads.
- Customer Story Artificial intelligence and IoT analytics keep aircraft operational for crucial missionsLockheed Martin revolutionizes aircraft maintenance with the SAS Platform.
- Article Analytics startup focuses on health care optimizationAnalyzing vast amounts of data is key to optimizing health care outcomes, improving patient satisfaction and lowering total costs.
- Article Operationalizing analytics: 4 ways banks are conquering the infamous ‘last mile’Here are four examples across the banking industry that show how these leading organizations followed a clearly defined path to conquer the infamous 'last mile' of analytics.
- Customer Story How to arm graduate students with real-world skillsSAS aids Oklahoma State University in educating the business analysts of the future.
- E-Book Your data scientist hiring guideThis ebook provides a brief guide for data scientist hiring. It offers 20 interview questions, 3 data scientist profiles and tips on building a data science program. The book provides a call-to-action to the data scientist primer page.
- Article The intersection of modern IT and advanced analyticsThornton May explains how IT groups are helping the business use analytics to adapt to the C-suite's need for a modern, agile and results-focused IT function.
- Customer Story Improving data collection and modeling to accelerate predictive medicine effortsDompé farmaceutici uses SAS for predictive analytics and quantitative disease modeling.
- Article Five ways to approach analytics differentlyGo beyond the conventional, the insane and the dabbling. Here are 5 ways to rethink how you do analytics.
- Article Analytics leads to lifesaving cancer therapiesA long-shot treatment offers hope to 10-year-old Harrison after he learns the DNA profile of his cancer is resistant to chemo. Find out how data and analytics play a role in cancer research and cancer treatments that are saving lives.
- Article What are chatbots?Chatbots are a form of conversational AI designed to simplify human interaction with computers. Learn how chatbots are used in business and how they can be incorporated into analytics applications.
- Research Nerd in the herd: protecting elephants with data scienceA passionate SAS data scientist uses machine learning to detect tuberculosis in elephants. Find out how her research can help prevent the spread of the disease.
- Customer Story Providing a smooth transition for military veteransThe Institute for Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University uses data and analytics to serve those who have served their country.
- Webinar Bring AI Capabilities to Life with Natural Language Processing and Text AnalyticsDiscover steps you can take to realize the promise of AI.
- Customer Story Advanced simulations and ‘stress-proof’ models help digital bank successfully navigate uncertain scenariosBanca Progetto relies on predictive analytics and a cloud-first approach to mitigate risk, better serve clients and plan for the future.
- Customer Story Using Hadoop and SAS for network analytics to build a customer-centric telecom serviceOTE Cosmote analyzes vast amounts of data to enhance customer experience, service and loyalty.
- Article Understanding data in motionLearn how to analyze fast-moving data streams on the fly with event stream processing.
- Customer Story Nationwide reduces fraud losses by 75%The world's largest building society chose SAS to lower its fraud losses - it realized a reduction of 75%.
- Article The transformational power of evidence-based decision making in health policyState health agencies are under pressure to deliver better health outcomes while minimizing costs. Read how data and analytics are being used to confront our biggest health care challenges head on.
- Customer Story Real-time analytics helps telecom provider adapt to changing customer needs during global pandemic and beyondTelefónica Ecuador accelerates digital transformation, improves campaigns and achieves growth via intelligent decisioning powered by SAS.
- Webinar Five Imperatives for the Analytic ExecutiveLearn what it takes to capitalize on the analytics economy and generate substantial business value.
- Customer Story Customer engagement enhanced with cloud-based analytics and AI1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. helps customers express, connect and celebrate with SAS Viya on Azure.
- Article What do drones, AI and proactive policing have in common?Law enforcement and public safety agencies must wrangle diverse data sets – such as data from drones – in their proactive policing operations. To be most effective, they need modern tools that support AI techniques like machine learning, computer vision and natural language processing.
- Customer Story Award-winning fraud surveillance system helps largest bank in Singapore recover millions of dollarsOCBC Bank works with SAS to proactively detect and prevent fraud, using network analytics and cutting-edge surveillance techniques to monitor customer activities and transactions in real time.
- Customer Story Creating value for customers via data-driven marketingWith analytics at the center of its marketing, Turkcell Superonline enhanced its competitive edge, and improved customer retention and loyalty.
- Article Respond, recover and reimagineDisruptions to our lives happen regularly, though most are not as far-reaching as the COVID-19 pandemic. Whatever their nature, it’s helpful to have a plan for how to exit disruption still on your feet and in the game. Learn about the three-phase approach SAS recommends for mitigating widespread disturbances.
- Article How to work like a disrupterFind out what companies like Netflix, Airbnb, Spotify and Lyft know about analytics that you don't know. Learn how to become technologically and analytically mature just like them.
- Customer Story Municipality puts wireless water meter-reading data to workTown of Cary, North Carolina uses SAS Analytics to analyze data from wireless water meters, assess demand, detect problems and engage customers.
- Customer Story Analytic models spotlight risky loansItaly’s Ministry of Economy and Finance uses advanced analytics on SAS Viya to quickly calculate risk on financial guarantees.
- Customer Story Predictive analytics and AI deliver a winning fan experience The Orlando Magic uses mobile app data and machine learning to personalize marketing campaigns and analyze game data.
- Customer Story Optimizing the supply chain with analytics and IoTGeorgia-Pacific relies on SAS Viya on Amazon Web Services to improve equipment efficiency, reduce downtime, optimize shipping logistics and predict customer churn.
- Article Making sense of streaming data in the Internet of ThingsThe Internet of Things has changed our lives forever. Read about how streaming data in IoT works, and why it has caused such a shift in the analytics world.
- Customer Story Building supplier nails inventory managementTravis Perkins uses supply chain analytics from SAS to optimize inventory across its 2,000 stores.
- E-Book Innovation driven by strategyFrom curing diseases to studying the sun, innovative uses of analytics are changing the world. Download this e-book to see where tomorrow’s technologies are happening today. You’ll find out how analytics technologies are being used for cybersecurity, machine learning, the Internet of Things and more. If you’re looking for inspiration, see where this e-book takes you.
- Customer Story Predictive analytics empowers bank to act quickly with confidenceOTP Bank Romania can better assess risk, meet profitability targets and enhance customer satisfaction through a streamlined data mining process from SAS.
- Article Twelve questions to ask your data visualization software vendorIdentify which data visualization vendor’s applications, support models, deployment options and technology platforms align with the goals of your project.
- E-Book Why choose a career in analytics?Why are analytics careers so hot? A few years ago, a Harvard Business Review article by Thomas Davenport, “Data Scientist: The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century” brought analytics as a career choice into the mainstream. Then there was a recent McKinsey study that predicts 3 million big data jobs will need to be filled in the US alone. Businesses, governments and nonprofits all use analytics every single day. To make decisions. Make a difference. And do more with less. Read this e-book to see where a career in analytics could take you. Your dream job awaits.
- Article Big data in government: How data and analytics power public programsBig data generated by government and private sources coupled with analytics has become a crucial component for a lot of public-sector work. Why? Because using analytics can improve outcomes of public programs.
- Analyst Report Data-Driven Grid Reliability: IoT Sensing and Analytics to Enable Predictive Maintenance and Improve ResiliencyLearn how the emergence of artificial intelligence, IoT sensors, advanced analytics and predictive maintenance within utility distribution systems can significantly improve reliability and build resiliency in the power grid.
- Article Five questions to help bridge the analytics gapEveryone is turning to analytics for a competitive edge. But the real advantage is in using analytics as a tool for exploration and innovation.
- E-Book Government and education: Leading through changeExplore the collected wisdom and stories of government and education leaders who are rising to the challenges of our times and applying analytics to drive evidence-based decision making.
- E-Book How Can Retailers Satisfy Today's Customers? With omnichannel analytics, you can use all the data you’re collecting on multiple channels, combine it with product data to improve all retail operations, while also improving the customer experience.
- Customer Story Strengthening the fight against antimicrobial resistance via data visualizationGlobal in vitro diagnostics leader bioMérieux, Inc. uses SAS Viya to revolutionize antimicrobial stewardship and empower informed clinical decision making.
- Series Women in analytics: Elisa Gois, MGM ResortsElisa Gois, Chief Analytics Officer for MGM Resorts, went from social work to the C-suite. Here are her top four tips for a successful career in analytics.
- Article Governed analytics and discovery: Balancing business user and IT needsTDWI provides seven steps for balancing IT governance needs with the expanding use of self-service BI and data discovery tools.
- Customer Story Filling the business analytics skills gapThe University of Alabama graduates students capable of solving big, messy, real-world business challenges
- Article Why pharmaceutical firms are investing in real-world evidenceTo get a compound or device to market – bench to bedside – may be an eight- ,12- or even 15-year process. Real-world evidence has a critical role at every step, particularly in the clinical trials process.
- Analyst Report SAS Explore 2022 Review and AnalysisThis IDC Link focuses on several SAS announcements supporting faster time-to-value for AI/ML model-driven businesses.
- Article What is omnichannel analytics?Omnichannel analytics used to mean recognizing and marketing to customers across all channels. Now, smart retailers know it can, and must, mean so much more.
- Customer Story SAS Viya and open source: Innovation through collaborationHealth insurer Techniker Krankenkasse works with SAS to build innovative pattern recognition capabilities.
- Article Fraud detection and machine learning: What you need to knowMachine learning and fraud analytics are critical components of a fraud detection toolkit. Here’s what you’ll need to get started – from integrating supervised and unsupervised machine learning in operations to maintaining customer service while defending against fraud.
- Article Analytics: A must-have tool for leading the fight on prescription and illicit drug addictionStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- E-Book White Paper Tomorrow's telcoCSPs spend more than 50 percent of their budgets on growing their networks, but few use analytics to guide capacity-planning decisions. Studies and surveys show that churn is a direct result of CSPs not knowing their customers well. How can CSPs learn to do more with less? The answer is advanced analytics.
- Customer Story Transforming mental health care in California, turning data into insight California's Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission uses analytics and data management to better serve residents and increase community well-being.
- Article Improve child welfare through analyticsWith tremendous potential for child welfare agencies to use data and analytics to prevent child abuse and improve outcomes for children and families, child welfare advocates discuss the benefits of using data and establishing a data-driven culture to advance practice and policy.
- Webinar How Do I Migrate SAS® Event Stream Processing Workloads to Microsoft Azure?Learn how SAS and Microsoft work together to seamlessly migrate SAS Event Stream Processing workloads to Microsoft Azure.
- Article Practical advice for better business forecastingCheck out three short videos with simple, practical advice for improving business forecasting at your organization.
- Interview Data visualization: A wise investment in your big data futureData visualization technologies can help the practice of data-driven decision making really take hold. But putting data visualization software in the hands of business users? Is it crazy – or crazy smart?
- Customer Story Ensuring mental health patient safety during a global pandemicSAS delivers dashboard to monitor COVID-19 in the Copenhagen Regional Psychiatric Centers.
- Customer Story Finding your best customers with machine learningSeacoast Bank enhances customer value using AI and SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya.
- Article Applying technology to ensure voter integrity in electionsVoter integrity is becoming a serious concern for many elections. Recent disclosures of foreign influence campaigns using social media highlight the potential impact on the integrity of the democratic process. In monitoring your systems, technology can identify both legitimate and fraudulent activity; the balancing act is to minimize the impact on legitimate activity while preventing acts of cyber-criminals and fraudsters.
- Series Women in analytics: Susan Thomas, GM FinancialWhen Susan Thomas graduated with a technical degree in the 80s, everyone assumed she'd teach. Instead, she became a coder and programmer.
- Analyst Report Gartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms, Q1 2021Gartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms for the eighth consecutive year.
- Customer Story Hitting the jackpot with a new analytics strategyFoxwoods Resort Casino relies on SAS Viya to determine optimal staffing, enhance the guest experience and maximize profits.
- Case Study Thwarting disruption with strategic investments in innovationNational Australia Bank turns to innovative strategies, like hackathons, to find new solutions to emerging challenges.
- Customer Story The right fit in all the right waysLevi Strauss & Co. crafts better customer experiences through big data and analytics.
- Webinar Have Your Cake and Eat It Too – With R, Python + SASJoin us for a webinar and demo and learn how SAS works with R and Python to easily scale your data science efforts for enterprise analytics deployment.
- Customer Story Manufacturing smarter, safer vehicles with analyticsKia Motors America relies on advanced analytics and artificial intelligence solutions from SAS to improve its products, services and customer satisfaction.
- Customer Story A healthier planet through bioscience innovationThe world’s most sustainable biotech company, Chr. Hansen, uses SAS Analytics to develop effective, natural probiotics for animal health, enabling farmers to produce high-quality, safe food for global consumers.
- Customer Story Revolutionizing marketing campaigns with AIAlliant relies on machine learning to create qualified marketing audiences for its clients.
- Article Three C’s of the connected customer in the IoTTo optimize the connected customer experience, Blue Hill Research says organizations should build an IoT model based on three key features.
- Video How machine learning can provide customers with more relevant offersIn this video, industry influencer Daniel Newman offers his perspective on ways machine learning can be used to enhance customer experiences.
- Article Shut the front door on insurance application fraud!Fraudsters love the ease of plying their trade over digital channels. Smart insurance companies are using data from those channels (device fingerprint, IP address, geolocation, etc.) coupled with analytics and machine learning to detect insurance application fraud perpetrated by agents, customers and fraud rings.
- Customer Story A model of institutional research champions the value of analytics for allOklahoma State University uses SAS to create an analytics culture and increase student success.
- Series Evolving your institutional insightBig data in education can help administrators understand college applicants and students – including which ones will struggle and why.
- Customer Story Digital retailer bags record sales with analyticsShop Direct delivers award-winning, personalized customer experiences with SAS.
- Article IoT in health care: Unlocking true, value-based careGiven the potential of IoT – and the challenges of already overburdened health care systems around the world – we can’t afford not to integrate IoT in health care.
- E-Book Formidable ForecastsWith artificial intelligence capabilities and traditional forecasting processes, it’s possible to create efficiencies by automating the production of large-scale time-series analyses and hierarchical forecasts.
- Customer Story Protecting nature with dollars and senseThe Nature Conservancy uses SAS Customer Intelligence 360 to modernize its marketing strategy and maximize donations for a more sustainable planet.
- Customer Story Advancing mental health care with predictive analyticsCanada’s Centre for Addiction and Mental Health uses SAS Analytics to improve care and streamline hospital operations.
- Webinar The promise of data fabrics for analytics and better decisionsDiscover how to make analytically driven decisions and realize the value of data assets.
- Article From lab to lifeOnce you've created your analytical model, you need to put it to use. Here are tips from finance industry experts to get your models in the hands of users.
- Article Amplify your data career with analyticsIf you're interested in a career in analytics, you'll need to consider if you have the temperament to match. Discover the questions you need to ask yourself, the first steps to set you on the right path and obstacles to avoid.
- E-Book The Mechanics of StorytellingAnalogies are a powerful tool that can help an audience grasp complex ideas. This ebook uses the technique by comparing a mechanic’s journey to a storyteller’s assembly process defined by the acronym, “PARTS”: people, analytics, requirements, tools and success factors.
- Article Optimizing well placement to eliminate water poverty How data visualization is helping Water for Good bring fresh water to the Central African Republic.
- E-Book Storytelling in Business: The plot, the players and the path to dynamic customer engagementTake an interactive look at how a newly appointed Customer Experience Manager (CEM) navigates his quest to create an omnichannel experience. This ebook walks through steps for building a team focused on a common goal and creation of a customer journey map. You’ll see how the CEM learns about the power of story as a communication tool to share the progress and success of the omnichannel project. It includes an interactive checklist you can use to see how storytelling is working for you.
- Article When it matters: Safeguarding your organization from the insideWith evolving threats, fraud detection technologies have to be flexible and nimble, and automated risk detection is a crucial component of decision advantage.
- Customer Story One of the largest multi-sport clubs in Portugal aims to win big with analyticsSport Lisboa e Benfica modernizes its operations with SAS Analytics, as it looks to expand internationally.
- Customer Story DNA analysis unlocks better health for communitiesPopulation genetics data delivers health breakthroughs using SAS® machine learning and advanced analytics.
- Article Using data to change the worldApplying data science for social good has led to new and creative ways to address issues related to education, poverty, health, human rights, the environment and more.
- Article The opportunity of smart grid analyticsWith smart grid analytics, utility companies can control operating costs, improve grid reliability and deliver personalized energy services.
- Customer Story Fishing for the freshest data: Leading the global seafood market with analyticsThe Norwegian Seafood Council uses SAS to give Norwegian fish exporters a competitive advantage.
- Article The OODA LoopApplying the military’s OODA Loop (observation, orientation, decision and action) to data helps organizations decide and act more quickly. That equals victory in today’s business wars.
- Customer Story Analytics provides valuable and trustworthy insights for FinTechs to seize future opportunitiesSAS helps Nova Credit efficiently develop core business bureau scorecards and models, while minimizing lending risk and improving governance.
- Customer Story Transformation of the National Bank of Greece with SAS Viya on AzureLeading Greek financial institution pursues digital transformation backed by advanced analytics to become the bank of choice for businesses and private individuals.
- Customer Story Predictive analytics helps save lives during COVID-19 pandemicFPS Public Health uses SAS to forecast hospital bed occupancy, predict infection rates and ensure sufficient medical staffing during global health crisis.
- Customer Story Funding for ground-breaking childhood cancer research fueled by analyticsThe Kids’ Cancer Project uses SAS to improve fundraising efforts for vital cancer research.
- Article IIA research identifies barriers to business intelligence and analytics adoptionFind out what the biggest barriers are to business intelligence and analytics adoption and how to overcome them.
- Article Lessons from the trackDoes your organization have an analytics DNA? Here's a baker's dozen of tips for building a healthy, happy data-driven enterprise that can go the distance.
- Analyst Report Bloor InBrief: SAS Streaming AnalyticsLearn why Bloor considers SAS a major contender in the market for streaming analytics platforms due to SAS’ differentiating analytic capabilities, notable performance and continuous improvement of in-stream models using machine learning.
- E-Book The New Analytics EcosystemMany organizations are struggling to evolve their current analytics ecosystem, with disparate groups working across multiple technologies and tools. We surveyed more than 1,000 organizations to determine their level of adoption of technology to evolve their analytics ecosystem. In this e-book, you’ll learn the results of our survey and the three approaches to analytics that deserve your attention
- Analyst Report IDC MarketScape: Worldwide MLOPs Platforms 2022 Vendor AssessmentSAS is positioned in the Leader's category in the 2022 IDC MarketScape for worldwide machine learning operations platforms.
- Customer Story Brazil tackles insurance fraud with AI and analyticsCNseg relies on SAS to thwart fraud, improves alert accuracy by 67%.
- Analyst Report IDC Spotlight: Looking Beyond the AI Model to Improve the Value of Computer Vision in Manufacturing OperationsThis IDC Spotlight explores the increasing adoption of computer vision (CV) by manufacturers, and how in order to succeed, they must focus on more than just model development, validation and deployment. SAS delivers a comprehensive portfolio of tools, software and resources – integrated into SAS Viya – to develop and deploy CV solutions.
- Article From Apollo to AI: A new era of American explorationAs we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, what’s the next frontier for American Innovation? It’s available now, from our desks and waits for us to unlock its potential.
- Customer Story Providing the best medical care via analyticsCrouse Hospital improves patient outcomes with data-driven approach.
- Customer Story Making podcasts more personalized for users and profitable for producersSAS Analytics helps Podimo match listeners to the content they love.
- E-Book Resilience: The best way to beat coronavirusTo be truly resilient means proactively seeking ways to ensure operational and financial stability no matter the circumstances. In this e-book, we explore digital transformation’s role in reimagining the world beyond COVID-19; how operational agility builds resilience; the five pillars of organizational resilience and more.
- Article Saving lives during a global pandemic through medical resource optimizationCleveland Clinic is operationalizing analytics to combat COVID-19, creating innovative models that help forecast patient volume, bed capacity, medical equipment availability and more.
- Series Lessons learned, looking forwardHow can community colleges train the next generation of skilled workers? Karen Stout, CEO, Achieving the Dream, discusses the role of analytics.
- Customer Story Using artificial intelligence to better engage with customersDaiwa Securities uses analytics and machine learning from SAS to better meet customer needs.
- Customer Story Advanced analytics fuels virtual banking with data-driven decisionsAirstar Bank relies on SAS for risk-based customer due diligence, money laundering detection and comprehensive credit risk management.
- Article Can data sharing lead to cancer discoveries?Clinical trials can bring new drugs – and new hope – to the market for cancer patients. Now, a new data sharing platform for clinical trial data brings even more hope.
- Customer Story AIA Group collaborates with SAS to embark on the IFRS 17 JourneySAS Solution for IFRS 17 rolled out for AIA in parallel run across major Asian markets.
- E-Book What's Next for Life Sciences?The unique challenges of the coronavirus pandemic forced life sciences companies to respond to change more rapidly than ever before. Only the companies that are nimble, innovative and able to act quickly – while maintaining regulatory and scientific standards – will succeed in addressing the immediate needs of the crisis and beyond.
- E-Book The Machine Learning Primer This e-book provides a primer on machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing and cognitive computing, as well as 10 best practices and a checklist for machine learning readiness.
- Series Data drives destinyUS community colleges need to train 11 million more skilled workers by 2025. Karen Stout, CEO, Achieving the Dream, explains how data can make it happen.
- Customer Story Travel and tourism forecasts become more accurate with analyticsDER Touristik builds web-based planning tool with SAS to better predict future demand and quickly react to changes in the market.
- Article Location intelligence: Adding geospatial context to BI Get tips for implementing a location intelligence data strategy from industry thought leader and data explorer, Jen Underwood.
- Customer Story Solving crime in less time with analyticsDelaware State Police use law enforcement solutions from SAS to help identify suspects, crack cases and protect communities.
- Customer Story Reducing hospital-acquired infections with artificial intelligence Hospitals in the Region of Southern Denmark aim to increase patient safety using analytics and AI solutions from SAS.
- Article From living on the streets to owning a profitable businessZoe Empowers, a ministry for vulnerable children living in life-threatening poverty in Africa and India, finally found a way to measure and reveal its incredible impact. Using SAS, they developed an "empowerment index" that measures improvements in housing, health, education and more for program participants.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Streaming Analytics, Q2 2021Forrester says, "SAS Event Stream Processing (ESP) stands out in this evaluation as the platform with the most built-in analytics for machine learning and other advanced analytics."
- E-Book Using data to change the worldIt’s clear that data has the power to transform businesses and entire industries, but can it also change the world? When you combine passion and curiosity with analytics – the answer is yes.
- E-Book Data scientists use SAS Viya on Microsoft Azure to develop big innovationsThis e-book features top solutions showcasing how global Hackathon teams used SAS Viya on Microsoft Azure to develop innovative approaches that save time, money, and entire ecosystems, such as the world's coral reefs.
- Customer Story IoT data with artificial intelligence reduces downtime, helps truckers keep on truckingVolvo Trucks and Mack Trucks use sensor data and SAS AI solutions to minimize unplanned downtime.
- Article Five ways your organization can enhance resilience for years to comeInnovation, agility and customer-centricity frequently top the list of companies’ strategic objectives, and now the most urgent priority is resilience. Given this new urgency, it’s worth taking a close look at the underpinnings of resilience and how they could be applied in any industry. This article explores how analytics can help boost resilience and includes key elements to keep your organization resilient.
- Webinar Analytics Value Training - A FrameworkJoin this webinar to learn about Analytics Value Training and if it’s a worthwhile investment of your time and company’s resources.
- Article Streaming data: The ins and outs of this technology buzzwordLearn what streaming data is, why it matters to your business and how it relates to big data, event stream processing, data management and the IoT.
- Customer Story A new banking philosophy for enhanced customer loyaltyData-driven decisions help Royal Bank of Scotland transform its organizational processes, improve employee engagement and deliver excellent customer service.
- Webinar SAS® Viya® and the cloud: How SAS is changing the game it inventedJoin this webinar to learn how to make the most of cloud migration with SAS Viya.
- Article Viking transforms its analytics strategy using SAS® Viya® on AzureViking is going all-in on cloud-based analytics to stay competitive and meet customer needs. The retailer's digital transformation are designed to optimize processes and boost customer loyalty and revenue across channels.
- E-Book What’s the new normal in health care?Even before the COVID-19 crisis, health care was changing. But the urgency of the pandemic accelerated change in health care delivery, resource optimization, data-driven thinking and decision making, and much more.
- Article Three steps for conquering the last mile of analyticsPutting your analytical models into production can be the most difficult part of the analytics journey. It’s no surprise that this last mile of analytics – bringing models into deployment – is the hardest part of digital transformation initiatives for organizations to master, yet it’s the most crucial.
- Customer Story Zeroing in on property values with machine learningArtificial intelligence improves assessment accuracy and productivity in Wake County.
- Customer Story Italy’s second-largest hospital uses advanced analytics for effective pandemic responseGemelli University Hospital uses SAS solutions to predict admissions of patients in the intensive care units and impacts on the organization, from staffing hospital wards to effectively scheduling and managing COVID-19 vaccine administration.
- E-Book Out in the open with analyticsLearn how businesses in multiple industries are combining the benefits of SAS and open source analytics, integrating disparate code and information to deploy models and deliver critical results.
- E-Book Streaming analytics: Life happens fast. Are your analytics keeping up?Download this free e-book to find out what streaming analytics is, the unique opportunities it can address and five key success factors for planning your streaming analytics program.
- Article Bringing data to the streamHow much do we know about fresh water systems and the dynamic nature of streams and rivers? Find out how one data scientist turned his fascination with streams and rivers into a career.
- E-Book Rationalizing Risk in AIOrganizations that wait for AI perfection tomorrow will invariably miss out on its great potential today. Because while risk can’t be avoided entirely, it can be rationalized.
- Customer Story Property experts open analytics to new marketsNVM enhances real estate analytics with SAS Viya open architecture.
- Article Analytics tackles the scourge of human traffickingVictims of human trafficking are all around us. From forced labor to sex work, modern-day slavery thrives in the shadows. Learn why organizations are turning to AI and big data analytics to unveil these crimes and change future trajectories.
- Customer Story Building customer satisfaction with better network monitoringSAS Analytics helps a major telecom organization analyze traffic, anticipate problems and improve customer service.
- Article Detect and prevent banking application fraudCredit fraud often starts with a falsified application. That’s why it’s important to use analytics starting at the entrance point. Learn how analytics and machine learning can detect fraud at the point of application by recognizing the biggest challenge – synthetic identities.
- Article Homelessness data holds insights to a hidden problemSAS partnered with The Carying Place, an organization that supports working homeless families, to find new ways to measure indicators of participant success and provide families the help they deserve.
- Customer Story A data-driven approach to whole person careRiverside County relies on data integration and analytics from SAS to improve the health and well-being of vulnerable Californians.
- Article 3 steps for AI ethicsWill artificial intelligence benefit humanity or usher in a series of unintended consequences? AI ethics may be one way to ensure artificial intelligence is used for good.
- Article Will health care be fundamentally changed post-COVID-19?Many market forces are supporting the transformation to virtual digital health programs -- the COVID-19 pandemic is just the latest compelling event.
- Series Tips for making the most of your analytics softwareEducators need insights from their data. Learn how to harness big data in education using analytics software.
- Customer Story Financial lender cuts third-party fraud by more than 80% with layered detectionAxcess Financial uses SAS Identity 360 to dramatically reduce fraud losses and boost customer satisfaction.
- Article Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- E-Book Doing good with government dataFrom child welfare and public health to combating prescription abuse and improving education, analytics is improving government programs around the world.
- Article Using analytics to prevent deadly infections Dignity Health’s Bio-Surveillance Program predicts new sepsis cases, allowing early intervention and saving lives.
- Customer Story Delivery company relies on analytics to optimize logistics and swiftly meet changing marketplace dynamicsRelais Colis reinvents itself during global pandemic using SAS Visual Analytics to ensure continuity of business and quality of service.
- Customer Story Smart data exploration advances K-12 public education programsThe South Carolina Department of Education depends on SAS to analyze data and properly fund and serve its school districts.
- Customer Story Self-service analytics advances higher educationThe University of Central Florida depends on analytics and data visualization to uncover insights for increased student success.
- Customer Story Analytics Center of Excellence στην καρδιά του μετασχηματισμού της Εθνικής Τράπεζας σε ένα analytics driven οργανισμόAnalytics Center of Excellence στην καρδιά του μετασχηματισμού της Εθνικής Τράπεζας σε ένα analytics driven οργανισμό
- Article Exploring the sun with big dataResearchers working for NASA are using automatic, exploratory and visual analysis of big data to help understand the mysteries of our universe.
- Analyst Report Advanced Analytics Excellence In Discrete ManufacturingThis paper explains how advanced analytics helps discrete manufacturing achieve operational excellence, including potential benefits, the capabilities an organization needs, and how the organization can align with this approach.
- Customer Story Forecasting accuracy brings ‘new energy’ to CameroonEnergy supplier Eneo balances supply and demand to boost efficiency, save millions and improve reliability with SAS Energy Forecasting.
- Customer Story Child support agency uses analytics to provide better options for parentsCalifornia’s Orange County Child Support Services uses analytics from SAS to empower caseworkers to help parents make decisions that benefit their children.
- Customer Story Smart city uses analytics and IoT to predict and manage flood eventsThe Town of Cary, NC teams up with SAS and Microsoft Azure to protect citizens from flooding, safeguard watersheds and support environmentally sound development.
- Customer Story Making prisons and communities safer with data visualizationIowa Department of Corrections uses SAS Viya on SAS Cloud to better manage supervised populations, make informed decisions and improve public safety.
- Customer Story Partnership delivers powerful lessons for energy retailerRed Energy uses SAS Results to help launch its battery and solar operation.
- E-Book Your guide to bridging the analytics skills gap This e-book pulls together five customer interviews to explain where analytics skills are needed in different industries (from journalism to insurance to government). The customers explain how to provide training and cultural changes to support analytics careers.
- Customer Story World’s largest sports and humanitarian event builds legacy of inclusion with data-driven technologySpecial Olympics World Games Abu Dhabi uses SAS® Analytics and AI solutions to keep athletes safe and fans engaged.
- Series How to get the most value from your data scientistsHiring data scientists isn’t enough. This excerpt from an MIT Sloan report offers advice on how to best manage these analytic professionals.
- Article Resilience in the face of unpredictabilityUnpredictability can “shatter and reshape” a society. And in these unpredictable times, it is important to remain resilient and be prepared to bounce back. This article explores what it truly means to be resilient, how to build it, and how analytics can help you act when your resilience is tested.
- Article Analytics for prescription drug monitoring: How to better identify opioid abusePrescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) are a great start in combating abuse of prescription drugs, but they could be doing much more. Better data and analytics can inform better treatment protocols, provider education and policy decisions – and save lives.
- Customer Story Electric co-op forecasts demand and transmission needs NOVEC, a regional electricity cooperative, relies on SAS to forecast demand for power as well as for future infrastructure needs.
- Customer Story Strengthening communities with analytics in the cloudNonprofit consulting firm CNM uses SAS Visual Analytics on Amazon Web Services to help other nonprofit organizations measure and communicate the impact of their work.
- Analyst Report dbInsight: SAS Viya is living large on AzureLearn how Azure provides the onramp to a new customer base to take advantage of SAS capabilities without having to make big enterprise software commitments.
- Customer Story Hope, armed with answers, can overcome hardshipWhen their world was shaken, the people of Nepal turned to IOM. And IOM turned to SAS. With SAS Visual Analytics, shelter was provided to displaced families.
- Article Is your data too big to visualize?Use these tips to find new ways to look at big data, so you can quickly collapse and condense the results in an intuitive fashion.
- Series Meet the data scientist: Steve EinbenderFind out how Steve Einbender lobbied his analytics skills into a data scientist gig at Home Depot and launched the company’s Advanced Analytics Center of Excellence.
- Customer Story Just add data: How data and technology — paired with a human touch — create a sustainable and quality culinary experienceBarilla, the world’s largest pasta manufacturer, uses advanced analytics and AI to track global inventory and optimize orders and deliveries to meet surging demand.
- E-Book How to Maximize the Impact of your AnalyticsFind out the results of our latest research, which revealed that the use of analytics is continuing to evolve in most organizations and that many organizations are on the path to using analytics strategically.