To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- Executive Brief
- Fact Sheet
- Industry Overview
- Product Brief
- Overview Brochure
- Solution Brief
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- Analyst Report IDC Perspective: Highlights from the 2018 European SAS Conference for Industry Analysts
- Webinar Retail Reality: New Rules for Building Brand Loyalty in Times of CrisisRetail and customer experience leaders share highlights from recent global research, including strategies for creating the critical connections that turn customers into brand boosters in this new environment.
RSR Merchandising & The Omnichannel Impact
This RSR custom research report explores the impact of omnichannel methods on merchandising, marketing and the supply chain; specifically, what analytical capabilities address the challenges that omnichannel selling and fulfillment pose for retailers.
- Webinar Future of Supply Chain Virtual Toolkit This virtual toolkit includes on-demand video insights from supply chain expert Lora Cecere to teach you how modernizing your supply chain can help you save resources, time and money.
- Customer Story Taming the data beastThe largest home shopping outlet in Korea used SAS to improve data quality, speed up deployment, gain business efficiency and improve service.
Demand Signal Analytics
There are challenges to becoming a demand-driven organization. Many of the data sources are new for most companies, so ownership, expertise and governance are important. Many executives say that their organizations are still in the early stages of data integration and cleansing due to poor data quality and lack of internal skills for maximizing analytic benefits. What does it take to move toward becoming an organization that can take full advantage of its data using predictive analytics? In this paper, industry expert Charles Chase explains the tools you will need to become a demand-sensing master.
- Webinar Real-Time Analytics in Retail: Deeper Customer Insights. Better Customer Experience. Learn how to create real-time, contextualized interactions and analyze all data to gain a holistic view of customers.
Four Use Cases Show Real-World Impact of IoT
This TDWI e-book explores in detail what IoT means and does for retailers, the automotive industry, state and local governments working with utilities firms, and the manufacturing industry. Common themes include connectedness, data-driven insights, predictive capabilities and transformation.
- Webinar Building Data-Driven Supply Chain Resilience for 2020 and BeyondLearn how companies of all sizes are using improved capture and analysis of demand data to build more resilient supply chains.
- Webinar Cloud-Based Retail Analytics for Next-Gen Merchandise PlanningLearn how top brands are using new technology to make intelligent decisions and automation seamless across their data.
Assisted Demand Planning Using Machine Learning for CPG and Retail
Intelligent automation techniques can be applied to all kinds of activities across your organization to reduce the everyday repetitive work while uncovering key insights to improve the effectiveness of your processes, as well as your workforce.
- E-Book Brilliant decision? In the battle for consumers’ hearts and minds, retailers have typically focused their digital transformation initiatives on customer experience and engagement. However, in these challenging times, it’s not enough to just get the customer’s attention — you need to convert impressions and site or store visits into sales and fulfilled orders.
Digital Intelligence: The Heart of Successful Digital Transformation
This paper explores how digital transformation is changing marketing and customer experience throughout industries, including banking, retail and telecommunications. It also covers the importance of data in digital intelligence and discusses strategic ways to build a digital intelligence platform.
Size Optimization Made Easy With Machine Learning and Analytics
Discover how size optimization can help you meet the challenges of assortment management by enabling you to estimate actual customer size demand. There is an answer to these problems – size optimization.
Analytically Driven Pricing
Traditional, cost-based pricing for transportation services can lead to less-than-optimal profits and revenues. In contrast, using analytics-driven pricing, companies can bring together relevant internal and external data and harness analytics for accurate customer segmentation, price-demand estimation, forecasting and price optimization. This approach allows them to consistently optimize pricing decisions for better business performance
- Article A lesson in customer service from Chick-fil-A President Dan CathyDoes Chick-fil-A’s commitment to be kind to employees and provide heartfelt hospitality to customers make the food taste better? President and COO Dan Cathy says it does, and the numbers back him up. He recently shared the secret behind the family-owned company's success.
Sales & Marketing Report 2017 - The Digital Experience
CGT’s Sales & Marketing Report 2017, sponsored by SAS, looks at progress on several key topics, including supply chain, trade promotion, direct-to-consumer marketing, data and analytics, security and the digital enterprise.
A Practical View of New Product Forecasting
In this paper, SAS and Virginia Commonwealth University School of Business examine the current state of new product forecasting and provide a clear, current look at how your peers are using analytics and technology to improve their new product forecasting capabilities.
Demand shaping is commonly thought of in terms of demand manipulation. This paper provides an extended version of demand shaping that helps organizations understand the dynamics of both supply and demand.
- White Paper Life Cycle Price OptimizationThis paper illustrates how SAS Markdown Optimization can help customers develop well-thought-out markdown plans. Make critical markdown decisions quickly. And maximize margins and inventory sell-through and revenue.
Improving Inventory Replenishment for Retail Product Promotions
This paper describes how inventory optimization solutions must better mimic real-world conditions to accommodate promotional demands in order to truly optimize the replenishment process.
Shopper Insights to Improve Retail Loyalty Programs
Leveraging Kellogg’s experiential learning initiative, SAS worked with a group of MBA marketing research students to find out what drives retailer loyalty. The findings offer guidance on how retailers can improve their loyalty programs.
- White Paper Using Advanced Analytics to Model, Predict, and Adapt to Changing Consumer Demand Patterns Affected by COVID-19SAS advanced analytics and predictive modeling tools can help businesses understand demand, adjust strategies, and emerge stronger and more agile than ever.
- Webinar How Top Brands Are Embracing Next-Gen Markdown OptimizationLearn how top retailers are using new technology to make intelligent decisions and automation seamless across their data.
- Webinar Unlocking Customer Insights and Driving Customer Experience in RetailJoin experts from SAS, Intel and Accenture to find out how retailers are successfully using real-time integrated data analytics to improve customer experience.
- Customer Story Customer engagement blooms with analytics and AIInnovative marketing campaigns lead to improved customer retention and loyalty at 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc.
- Webinar Let’s Get Visual: Are You Ready for Next-Gen Demand Planning?Learn how top brands are reinventing demand planning to make intelligent decisions and automation seamless across their data.
- Webinar Big Data and the Retail RevolutionLearn how retail pioneers around the world are turning to data and analytics to design customer experiences and unlock a new world of opportunity.
The Evolution of Analytics
Learn about modern applications for machine learning, including recommendation systems, streaming analytics, deep learning and cognitive computing. And learn from the experiences of two companies that have successfully navigated organizational and technological challenges to adopt machine learning and embark on their own analytics evolution.
- Webinar Breaking through common barriers to digital marketing success Join us for part one of our two-part webinar series with partner Iris Concise to learn how to proactively address data readiness challenges that can impede marketing performance.
- Customer Story Digital retailer bags record sales with analyticsShop Direct delivers award-winning, personalized customer experiences with SAS.
Using Big Data to Enable the Omnichannel Retail Experience
As trends in consumer buying patterns continue to evolve, retailers need solutions that can derive deep data analytic insights to provide a more sophisticated, centralized view of their customers’ preferences and buying journeys.
- Webinar Trend Report: Retail Omnichannel Analytics for MarketingMake CX decisions that satisfy customers who can shop anywhere, anytime
- Customer Story Workplace solutions retailer creates compelling customer experience via data-driven marketingOffice Depot Europe drives change by putting SAS Customer Intelligence 360 at the center of its digital transformation.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Real-Time Interaction Management, Q4 2020Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Real-Time Interaction Management, Q4 2020.
- White Paper Understanding Data Streams in IoTThis paper explains how streaming analytics helps you acquire, understand and use real-time, streaming data to make fact-based, automated decisions – and instantaneously react to new information.
- Webinar Successful Demand Forecasting During the Uncertainty of COVID-19Learn how Quantworks and SAS helped a national consumer goods client adapt to swift changes in demand and create actionable forecasts in a time of unprecedented flux.
- Customer Story Building supplier nails inventory managementTravis Perkins uses supply chain analytics from SAS to optimize inventory across its 2,000 stores.
- Customer Story Staying ahead of retail trendsSouth Korean retailer cut the time it took to produce critical marketing reports from 15 hours to just 40 minutes, allowing it to stay ahead of market trends and competitors.
- Customer Story Fewer coupons, more sales Belgium grocer Colruyt uses predictive analytics to tailor promotions, boost customer spending.
- Customer Story AI-driven personalization gives electronics retailer a boostConrad Electronic uses customer intelligence solutions from SAS to craft relevant offers in real time.
Combining Analytics and Structured Judgment: A Step-By-Step Guide for New Product Forecasting
New product launches are the most difficult to forecast. The uncertainty associated with a new product is much greater than that of forecasting older, more mature products. This uncertainty and the lack of historical data make traditional time series techniques unreliable. But using historical data associated with similar, previously launched products, combined with your domain knowledge in a structured process, can be an effective approach to forecast the demand for new products.
- Article How Walmart makes data work for its customersTips from the world's largest retailer on building an infrastructure that makes data work for its 240 million customers a week.
- E-Book Internet of Things: Understanding the JourneyWhether your focus is business outcomes or technology challenges, this guide provides the insights to accelerate your IoT journey.
The Art of Decisive Merchandising
This research report discusses which changes in merchandising offer the most painful obstacles to overcome and which ones open doors to the most promising opportunities.
- Article Situational awareness guides our responses – routine to crisisMany circumstances call for situational awareness – that is, being mindful of what’s present and happening around you. The COVID-19 pandemic heightened this need, as leaders across industries used analytics and visualization to gain real-time situational awareness and respond with fast, critical decisions.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Retail Planning, Q1 2020
Modernize Merchandise Planning With Retail Analytics
Discover the top five strategies for modernizing merchandise planning with retail analytics.
- Customer Story Data visualization: Pathway to better customer insightUsing visual analytics, a major retail group pinpoints key trends in customer data to boost merchandizing and loyalty efforts.
- Customer Story The right fit in all the right waysLevi Strauss & Co. crafts better customer experiences through big data and analytics.
- Customer Story Dutch commerce site gives eBay a competitive edge in the NetherlandsFind out how understanding customers keeps the Dutch arm of eBay on top.
The Internet of Things
This report from the International Institute for Analytics explores the many business opportunities IoT presents, details its implementation challenges and describes how organizations can accelerate progress so they don’t fall behind.
- Webinar Retail & COVID-19: Charting a Path Forward With AnalyticsHear how customers are navigating retail’s new challenges and charting a new path forward with analytics.
EKN Report: Big Data in Retail
This research report outlines how retailers can get started with a pragmatic approach to big data, once their need and readiness is established.
Better Forecasting With Next-Generation Demand Management
The multitude of forces affecting the relationship between demand and supply are set to expand their influence. Smart leaders will take advantage of the flood of digital data to better understand those forces to make more accurate and predictive supply chain decisions.
- Webinar SAS on Google Cloud Platform and Big QueryInnovative retail companies are moving analytics to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Big Query. How can you modernize SAS with a GCP cloud migration?
- Customer Story Driving customer loyalty with faster analyticsSAS Grid Manager helps Catalina Marketing future-proof its organization with a fast, flexible and scalable analytics environment.
- White Paper Building Data-Driven Supply-Chain Resilience for 2020 - and BeyondThis paper explores the many ways implementing next-generation best practices and technologies can improve supply chain performance today and tomorrow.
- Customer Story Analytics bears fruitGourmet food is usually one of the first products to suffer in a down economy. Harry & David used segmentation and campaign personalization to turn it around.
How can retailers satisfy today’s customers?
With omnichannel analytics, you can use all the data you’re collecting on multiple channels, combine it with product data to improve all retail operations, while also improving the customer experience.
3 Building Blocks Of Optimized Price & Promotion Strategies
This e-book examines the key factors affecting merchants’ plans for improved pricing and promotions, with a focus on how to consolidate and analyze disparate data sources.
The Analytics Arms Race: May the Best Insights Win
Industry leaders CGT and RIS have joined forces for this annual check on the analytics maturity level in CPG and retail.
The Analytics Mandate: Helping Retailers Evolve
Find out why 77 percent of retailers who participated in an MIT Sloan survey believe analytics provides a competitive advantage compared with 64 percent of respondents from other industries.
Using Multitiered Causal Analysis to Improve Demand Forecasts and Optimize Marketing Strategy
Multitiered causal analysis (MTCA) enables consumer packaged goods (CPG) manufacturers to measure the impact of marketing on retail consumer demand and perform what-if analysis to predict and maximize future demand. This case study excerpted from the book Demand-Driven Forecasting, by Charles Chase of SAS, shows how one beverage manufacturer employed MTCA to improve its demand forecasts and optimize marketing strategy.
- Webinar Breaking through common barriers to digital marketing success (Part II)Join us for part two of our two-part webinar series with partner Iris Concise to learn how to proactively address data readiness challenges that can impede marketing performance.
- Customer Story The right offer every timeMigros individualizes its marketing with SAS Customer Intelligence, sees response rates and revenue increase.
- White Paper The Impact of Machine Learning on Demand Planning PrecisionAdvanced analytics and intelligent automation are laying the foundation for a powerful new model that can improve demand planning processes and increase forecast accuracy, leading to significant cost savings for consumer goods organizations
IoT in Retail: Engaging the Connected Customer
How do you make your brick-and-mortar stores as smart as your website so when customers walk in the door, you recognize them and cater to their individual tastes? Learn the key to making in-store shopping as frictionless for your customer as online shopping.
- Webinar Machine Learning and SAS Viya Deliver Next-Generation Retail Assortment Optimization When it comes to optimizing localized assortments, innovative approaches using machine learning forecasts, basket analysis and transferable demand are essential.
- Customer Story DSW gets the right fit with SAS® Size OptimizationRetail size profiles and demand forecasts help reduce stock-outs and markdowns.
- Customer Story Electric cooperative sharpens forecasts, reduces energy costsNCEMC decreases forecast generation time from six weeks to just a few hours.
- Customer Story DSW supplies a shoe that fitsDSW keeps ahead of the style curve with a merchandise planning solution that easily integrates into its buying and allocation systems.
The Real-Time and Predictive Commerce Playbook for CMOs
Find out how the shift toward real-time and predictive analytics is empowering retailers, and learn the top 10 actions you should take to become a successful retailer in the age of digital Darwinism.
- White Paper Industry Overview Using Machine Learning and Demand Sensing to Enhance Short-Term ForecastingEffective supply chain management is critical to ensure the timely replenishment of products by properly managing the movement and storage of raw materials and finished goods from the point-of-origin to the point-of-consumption.