To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- Executive Brief
- Fact Sheet
- Industry Overview
- Product Brief
- Overview Brochure
- Solution Brief
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- Customer Story Just add data: How data and technology — paired with a human touch — create a sustainable and quality culinary experienceBarilla, the world’s largest pasta manufacturer, uses advanced analytics and AI to track global inventory and optimize orders and deliveries to meet surging demand.
- White Paper Making the case: The ROI of demand managementThis paper shows how to determine the value of improving the credibility of the demand plan. Several templates are included to help in quantifying and documenting the return on investment.
- White Paper Improving Inventory Replenishment for Retail Product PromotionsThis paper describes how inventory optimization solutions must better mimic real-world conditions to accommodate promotional demands in order to truly optimize the replenishment process.
- White Paper IoT in Retail: Engaging the Connected Customer How do you make your brick-and-mortar stores as smart as your website so when customers walk in the door, you recognize them and cater to their individual tastes? Learn the key to making in-store shopping as frictionless for your customer as online shopping.
- White Paper Digital Intelligence: The Heart of Successful Digital TransformationThis paper explores how digital transformation is changing marketing and customer experience throughout industries, including banking, retail and telecommunications. It also covers the importance of data in digital intelligence and discusses strategic ways to build a digital intelligence platform.
- White Paper Better Forecasting With Next-Generation Demand ManagementThe multitude of forces affecting the relationship between demand and supply are set to expand their influence. Smart leaders will take advantage of the flood of digital data to better understand those forces to make more accurate and predictive supply chain decisions.
- E-Book The Path to a Single Customer ViewLearn how CDPs are evolving as marketing technology modernizes, possibilities for CDP use cases, how to define use cases, retailers that successfully use CDPs and what organizations should consider before selecting the CDP that's right for them.
- White Paper The Evolution of AnalyticsLearn about modern applications for machine learning, including recommendation systems, streaming analytics, deep learning and cognitive computing. And learn from the experiences of two companies that have successfully navigated organizational and technological challenges to adopt machine learning and embark on their own analytics evolution.
- White Paper Demand ShapingDemand shaping is commonly thought of in terms of demand manipulation. This paper provides an extended version of demand shaping that helps organizations understand the dynamics of both supply and demand.
- Article Situational awareness guides our responses – routine to crisisMany circumstances call for situational awareness – that is, being mindful of what’s present and happening around you. The COVID-19 pandemic heightened this need, as leaders across industries used analytics and visualization to gain real-time situational awareness and respond with fast, critical decisions.
- White Paper Sales & Marketing Report 2017 - The Digital ExperienceCGT’s Sales & Marketing Report 2017, sponsored by SAS, looks at progress on several key topics, including supply chain, trade promotion, direct-to-consumer marketing, data and analytics, security and the digital enterprise.
- Analyst Report Artificial Intelligence In Retail: What Now?This RSR Benchmark Report examines retailers’ attitudes about AI/ML technology and whether it can be used to turn data into insights and help retailers better understand the environments they operate in.
- Webinar Rapidly Shifting Consumer Demand and Supply Chain Uncertainty: How Retailers Can Adapt With Analytic AgilityJoin our experts as they explain how retailers can use analytics to adjust to changes in shopping behavior and more.
- E-Book Build Supply Chain Agility Through DigitizationLearn four key strategies organizations can use to perceive, measure and mitigate supply chain risks while improving overall resiliency.
- Webinar The Future of Retail in the New Era of Supply Chain RiskIn just 20 minutes, experts examine shifting global supply chain risks and recommend strategies smart leaders should use to navigate them.
- White Paper AI and analytics are powering a demand planning and customer experience revolutionToday, thanks to next-day shipping, product shortages and transportation disruptions, availability and delivery speed have become the deciding factor for consumers, making inventory availability the ultimate competitive advantage for retailers.
- White Paper Using SAS® for aggregate-level, driver-based demand planning This paper outlines methods to derive detailed shipment plans based upon point-of-sale (POS or consumption) data -- all while reducing forecasting errors and planner workloads in the process.
- E-Book Retail Experimentation: The New FundamentalsFacing growing pressure to compete for customers on the quality of their customer experience, many retailers are taking an even more rigorous, scientific approach to improving that experience through experimentation.
- E-Book Achieve Data-Driven Digital Transformation in Retail and Consumer GoodsTo increase profitability, teams must be able to quickly transform raw data into operational insights that support every kind of decision they make.
- E-Book Data scientists use SAS Viya on Microsoft Azure to develop big innovationsThis e-book features top solutions showcasing how global Hackathon teams used SAS Viya on Microsoft Azure to develop innovative approaches that save time, money, and entire ecosystems, such as the world's coral reefs.
- White Paper SAS and C.H. Robinson: Rewriting the Rules of Demand Planning, Forecasting and Transportation ManagementCOVID-19's significant and lasting disruptions to the global economy and supply chains have revealed costly vulnerabilities in global supply chains, as well as the need for new, forward-looking planning capabilities that anticipate and account for disruptions.
- E-Book Cracking the Code on Demand Planning: A 4-stage path to successAn interactive guide to planning during times of supply chain disruption.
- E-Book Four Use Cases Show Real-World Impact of IoT This TDWI e-book explores in detail what IoT means and how different industries are taking advantage of it.
- White Paper Using Big Data to Enable the Omnichannel Retail ExperienceAs trends in consumer buying patterns continue to evolve, retailers need solutions that can derive deep data analytic insights to provide a more sophisticated, centralized view of their customers’ preferences and buying journeys.
- White Paper The Real-Time and Predictive Commerce Playbook for CMOsFind out how the shift toward real-time and predictive analytics is empowering retailers, and learn the top 10 actions you should take to become a successful retailer in the age of digital Darwinism.
- White Paper Building Data-Driven Supply-Chain Resilience for 2020 - and BeyondThis paper explores the many ways implementing next-generation best practices and technologies can improve supply chain performance today and tomorrow.
- White Paper The Impact of Machine Learning on Demand Planning PrecisionAdvanced analytics and intelligent automation are laying the foundation for a powerful new model that can improve demand planning processes and increase forecast accuracy, leading to significant cost savings for consumer goods organizations
- E-Book Internet of Things: Understanding the JourneyWhether your focus is business outcomes or technology challenges, this guide provides the insights to accelerate your IoT journey.
- White Paper Industry Overview Using Machine Learning and Demand Sensing to Enhance Short-Term ForecastingEffective supply chain management is critical to ensure the timely replenishment of products by properly managing the movement and storage of raw materials and finished goods from the point-of-origin to the point-of-consumption.
- White Paper Four Elements of Sustainability AnalyticsDirectors at consumer-packaged goods manufacturers who embrace sustainability grow their revenue while improving lives and environmental outcomes.
- E-Book Brilliant decision? In the battle for consumers’ hearts and minds, retailers have typically focused their digital transformation initiatives on customer experience and engagement. However, in these challenging times, it’s not enough to just get the customer’s attention — you need to convert impressions and site or store visits into sales and fulfilled orders.
- White Paper Understanding Data Streams in IoTThis paper explains how streaming analytics helps you acquire, understand and use real-time, streaming data to make fact-based, automated decisions – and instantaneously react to new information.
- White Paper Using Advanced Analytics to Model, Predict, and Adapt to Changing Consumer Demand Patterns Affected by COVID-19SAS advanced analytics and predictive modeling tools can help businesses understand demand, adjust strategies, and emerge stronger and more agile than ever.
- White Paper Shopper Insights to Improve Retail Loyalty ProgramsLeveraging Kellogg’s experiential learning initiative, SAS worked with a group of MBA marketing research students to find out what drives retailer loyalty. The findings offer guidance on how retailers can improve their loyalty programs.
- White Paper Size Optimization Made Easy With Machine Learning and AnalyticsDiscover how size optimization can help you meet the challenges of assortment management by enabling you to estimate actual customer size demand. There is an answer to these problems – size optimization.
- White Paper A Practical View of New Product Forecasting In this paper, SAS and Virginia Commonwealth University School of Business examine the current state of new product forecasting and provide a clear, current look at how your peers are using analytics and technology to improve their new product forecasting capabilities.
- White Paper Life Cycle Price OptimizationThis paper illustrates how SAS Markdown Optimization can help customers develop well-thought-out markdown plans. Make critical markdown decisions quickly. And maximize margins and inventory sell-through and revenue.
- White Paper Modernize Merchandise Planning With Retail AnalyticsDiscover the top five strategies for modernizing merchandise planning with retail analytics.
- E-Book How Can Retailers Satisfy Today's Customers? With omnichannel analytics, you can use all the data you’re collecting on multiple channels, combine it with product data to improve all retail operations, while also improving the customer experience.
- White Paper Assisted Demand Planning Using Machine Learning for CPG and RetailIntelligent automation techniques can be applied to all kinds of activities across your organization to reduce the everyday repetitive work while uncovering key insights to improve the effectiveness of your processes, as well as your workforce.
- Article The 5 new rules of retailThere is good news for retailers. Analytics can help overcome some of the effects of disruption, allowing retailers to move from long-term seasonal forecasting to more agile planning.
- Webinar Optimizing the Experience for the Hybrid ShopperIn just 20 minutes, you will learn how to craft the seamless brand experiences shoppers crave.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Real-Time Interaction Management, Q2 2022Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Real-Time Interaction Management, Q2 2022.
- Webinar Maximizing Production Efficiency With Production Quality AnalyticsIn just 20 minutes, we will show how data-driven insights can support every stage of food and CPG manufacturing. Here’s what you need to know.
- Customer Story Workplace solutions retailer creates compelling customer experience via data-driven marketingViking Europe drives change by putting SAS Customer Intelligence 360 at the center of its digital transformation.
- Analyst Report dbInsight: SAS Viya is living large on AzureLearn how Azure provides the onramp to a new customer base to take advantage of SAS capabilities without having to make big enterprise software commitments.
- Customer Story A customer connection is the special ingredientItalian olive oil company Fratelli Carli uses SAS Customer Intelligence 360 to create an integrated, personalized customer experience.
- Customer Story A healthier planet through bioscience innovationThe world’s most sustainable biotech company, Chr. Hansen, uses SAS Analytics to develop effective, natural probiotics for animal health, enabling farmers to produce high-quality, safe food for global consumers.
- Webinar What Brands Get Wrong About Demand Planning – and 3 Ways to Make It RightBetter predictions of consumer demand signals drive more accurate demand forecasting and planning. Find out how it works.
- Webinar Now, Next, Future: What Consumer Brands Need to Unleash Profitable CreativityIn just 20 minutes, experts explain how successful consumer goods companies use digital technologies to create meaningful (and profitable!) relationships with shoppers.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Fraud Management, Q3 2021Due to faster changing patterns in payment and nonpayment fraud, risk modeling has transitioned from an annual or semiannual campaign to a continuous activity that financial institutions cannot ignore.
- Webinar Making the Case: The ROI of Demand ManagementLearn how to evaluate and communicate the value of improving the credibility of the demand plan, complete with expert tips on quantifying and documenting ROI.
- Webinar Getting Past the Hype: What Can AI Analytics Really Accomplish for Retailers?Experts explore retail and consumer goods firms’ readiness to use AI and machine learning.
- Webinar Unlocking Customer Insights and Driving Customer Experience in RetailJoin experts from SAS, Intel and Accenture to find out how retailers are successfully using real-time integrated data analytics to improve customer experience.
- Webinar Successful Demand Forecasting During the Uncertainty of COVID-19Learn how Quantworks and SAS helped a national consumer goods client adapt to swift changes in demand and create actionable forecasts in a time of unprecedented flux.
- Webinar Breaking through common barriers to digital marketing success (Part II)Join us for part two of our two-part webinar series with partner Iris Concise to learn how to proactively address data readiness challenges that can impede marketing performance.
- Webinar Breaking through common barriers to digital marketing success Join us for part one of our two-part webinar series with partner Iris Concise to learn how to proactively address data readiness challenges that can impede marketing performance.
- Article How Walmart makes data work for its customersTips from the world's largest retailer on building an infrastructure that makes data work for its 240 million customers a week.
- Article 3 ways to rethink retail forecasting and demand planning The pandemic has profoundly changed consumer shopping behaviors and experiences and the increasing pressure has retailers scrambling to improve their ability to precisely predict and plan for demand. If you don’t know where to start, here are three questions to ask as you rethink your forecasting and demand planning.
- Article A lesson in customer service from Chick-fil-A President Dan CathyDoes Chick-fil-A’s commitment to be kind to employees and provide heartfelt hospitality to customers make the food taste better? President and COO Dan Cathy says it does, and the numbers back him up. He recently shared the secret behind the family-owned company's success.
- Webinar Retail Reality: New Rules for Building Brand Loyalty in Times of CrisisRetail and customer experience leaders share highlights from recent global research, including strategies for creating the critical connections that turn customers into brand boosters in this new environment.
- Webinar Machine Learning and SAS Viya Deliver Next-Generation Retail Assortment Optimization When it comes to optimizing localized assortments, innovative approaches using machine learning forecasts, basket analysis and transferable demand are essential.
- Webinar Building Data-Driven Supply Chain Resilience for 2020 and BeyondLearn how companies of all sizes are using improved capture and analysis of demand data to build more resilient supply chains.
- Webinar Retail & COVID-19: Charting a Path Forward With AnalyticsHear how customers are navigating retail’s new challenges and charting a new path forward with analytics.
- Webinar Optimizing Manufacturing Quality and Yield With SAS Analytics Join us to learn how SAS advanced analytics can help manufacturers identify leading causes of unwanted variation and recommend optimal set points to maximize quality.
- Webinar How Top Brands Are Embracing Next-Gen Markdown OptimizationLearn how top retailers are using new technology to make intelligent decisions and automation seamless across their data.
- Webinar Real-Time Analytics in Retail: Deeper Customer Insights. Better Customer Experience. Learn how to create real-time, contextualized interactions and analyze all data to gain a holistic view of customers.
- Webinar Let’s Get Visual: Are You Ready for Next-Gen Demand Planning?Learn how top brands are reinventing demand planning to make intelligent decisions and automation seamless across their data.
- Webinar Cloud-Based Retail Analytics for Next-Gen Merchandise PlanningLearn how top brands are using new technology to make intelligent decisions and automation seamless across their data.
- Webinar Big Data and the Retail RevolutionLearn how retail pioneers around the world are turning to data and analytics to design customer experiences and unlock a new world of opportunity.
- Customer Story Electric cooperative sharpens forecasts, reduces energy costsNCEMC decreases forecast generation time from six weeks to just a few hours.
- Customer Story Staying ahead of retail trendsSouth Korean retailer cut the time it took to produce critical marketing reports from 15 hours to just 40 minutes, allowing it to stay ahead of market trends and competitors.
- Webinar SAS on Google Cloud Platform and Big QueryInnovative retail companies are moving analytics to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Big Query. How can you modernize SAS with a GCP cloud migration?
- Customer Story The right offer every timeMigros individualizes its marketing with SAS Customer Intelligence, sees response rates and revenue increase.