Load your data into or out of Hadoop and data lakes. Prep it so it's ready for reports, visualizations or advanced analytics – all inside the data lakes. And do it all yourself, quickly and easily.
Take control of your data – and free up IT – with self-service data preparation.
Manage data – no special skills needed.
Perform data integration, data quality and data preparation tasks yourself, without having to write code or ask for specialized help. SAS Data Loader for Hadoop bridges the skills gap, giving all users access to their data regardless of technical ability.
Boost scalability and performance.
Business users find it easy to use. Data scientists and SAS coders like its speed, efficiency and agility. A code accelerator harnesses the power of Hadoop, and data quality functions run in memory on Spark for better performance. And by minimizing data movement, you increase your data's security.
Ensure big data quality.
Take control of the data within data lake environments. SAS Data Loader for Hadoop allows you to profile data to understand its overall quality. Then you can standardize, parse, match and perform other core data quality functions, resulting in quality data for business needs inside of the data lakes.
Speed data management processes with Spark.
Data quality functions run in memory in Apache Spark for improved performance. Matching and best record creation enables master data management for big data. In addition, you can read and write to Spark data sets as needed.
Explore More on SAS® Data Loader for Hadoop and Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Interview Hadoop is the new boardroom buzzwordIn this Q&A, two Hadoop experts share what every executive needs to know.
- Interview The scoop on HadoopCloudera co-founder Mike Olson talks trends, changes and outlines the formula for success with Hadoop.
- Interview How do you know if you’re ready for Hadoop?Ask an early adopter. Epsilon VP of Products answers our Hadoop questions about implementation, preparation and scalability.
- Article Using Hadoop as an Analytics CatalystLearn how to get the most out of Hadoop by developing a sound strategy for analyzing data in this new storage environment.
- Article Hadoop survey results reveal use cases, needs and trendsHow are companies using Hadoop? Why are adoption rates still low? And why is it so important? Data professionals’ candid answers may surprise you.
- Article A Getting Started With Hadoop ChecklistFrom low-cost storage to distributed processing, Hadoop offers many promises. But there’s an expanding analytics ecosystem evolving around this big data platform that’s worth some study. Read our checklist and make sure you’re not overlooking anything important in your rush to get value from Hadoop.
- Article Hadoop in the boardroom?The Hadoop technology trend is still on the rise, with Hadoop uses moving from IT to the business units. But what about Hadoop in the boardroom? Learn why executives are discussing this disruptive technology and what they expect it to provide.
- Article Data lake and data warehouse – know the differenceData lake – is it just marketing hype or a new name for a data warehouse? Find out what a data lake is, how it works and when you might need one.
- Article How do recommendation systems know what you might like?How do recommendation systems know what you’re likely to want and offer it up while you’re shopping? That’s a computationally intensive question that used to take hours or days to answer. With distributed computing and in-memory analytics, it’s done in minutes.
- Article Getting the right people on the big data busLaunching a big data initiative requires rethinking not only data and systems, but people. And it's about time, says Jill Dyché.
Check out these products related to SAS Data Loader for Hadoop, built on the powerful SAS® Platform.