SAS Visual Forecasting provides an open forecasting ecosystem, letting you better plan for the future by quickly and automatically producing a large number of reliable forecasts.
Streamline and automate your forecasting process.
Automatically produce large-scale time series analyses and hierarchical forecasts – without human involvement. Reduced manual intervention means there's less chance of personal bias in the forecasting process. Fewer resources are required, and because forecast analysts don't have to build and monitor forecasting models for every time series, they can focus on more strategic, high-value forecasts or problems that aren't suitable for automation.
Plan better for the future.
Manage your organizational planning challenges by generating forecasts on an enterprise scale – quickly, automatically and as accurately as you can reasonably expect, given the nature of the behavior being forecast. The software delivers results for millions of forecasts at breakthrough speeds, enabling you to plan more efficiently and effectively for the future.
Produce forecasts that reflect reality.
Business drivers, holidays or events that affect the forecasting process are selected automatically from variables supplied to the system in the visual modeling process. You also have the flexibility to manually override forecasts based on groups that are defined using attributes instead of hierarchical variables. The resulting forecasts better reflect the intricacies of the situation.
Explore the capabilities of SAS® Visual Forecasting.
SAS Visual Forecasting provides a resilient, distributed and optimized time series analysis scripting environment for automatic model generation, automatic variable and event selection, and automatic model selection. Learn about the software's powerful features, including the latest updates in SAS Visual Forecasting 8.2 – such as a new user interface, flexible override capabilities and the ability to work with open source languages.
- Scripting language that enables distributed processing. A resilient, distributed and optimized generic time series analysis scripting environment supports fast, in-memory time series analysis. The scripting language is optimized and compiled for the machine it is running on, so there's no need to rewrite code for different machines.
- Automatic time series analysis and forecasting. The TSMODEL procedure includes several function packages, each designed to perform a particular task in the time series analysis process. You can execute user-defined programs to convert time-stamped transactional data into a time series format, then generate forecast models automatically.
- Highly flexible forecast override. A powerful manual override capability lets you make customized adjustments to specific filters or groups of time series defined by attributes, not just by hierarchical variables.
- Support for APIs and other programming languages. The software includes a broad range of built-in forecasting models, while also allowing you to customize models that work well with your data. Use public REST APIs to add SAS Analytics to other applications.
- Hierarchical reconciliation. Each series in a hierarchy is modeled and forecast individually, then reconciled at multiple levels in a top-down fashion. You can adjust a forecast at any level and apportion it to lower levels so the hierarchy maintains consistency, and individual forecasts (by products, locations, etc.) roll up to the top number.
- Additional forecasting procedures. SAS Visual Forecasting includes access to SAS/ETS® procedures and SAS® Forecast Server Procedures, enabling you to address virtually any forecasting and time series analysis challenge.
Read the SAS Visual Forecasting fact sheet for more details.
Ask questions, share tips and more in the SAS Forecasting and Econometrics Community.
Learn why SAS was named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning Solutions, Q1 2017.