Podstawą podejścia jest innowacyjność.
Bierzemy wspaniałe pomysły kształtujące przyszłość i jeszcze je ulepszamy.
SAS nie zadowala się zwykłą innowacyjnością. Przemyślenia i badania przekształcamy w użyteczne pomysły, a następnie tworzymy rozwiązania analityczne, które usprawniają funkcjonowanie Twojej firmy.
We take big ideas that shape the future and make them bigger.
SAS doesn't settle for ordinary innovation. We put thought and research into ideas that matter – and then create analytics solutions that improve your business.
Technologia jutra dostępna już dziś.
W codziennie używanych przedmiotach - od maszyn przemysłowych po urządzenia ubieralne - wykorzystywane są wybudowane czujniki, które gromadzą dane, na podstawie których urządzenia te wykonują określone działania. Narzędzia analityczne SAS pomagają zbierać wiedzę zawartą w tych danych w celu natychmiastowego uzyskania przydatnych informacji.
Dowiedz się więcej
The Internet of Things
Everyday objects – from industrial machines to wearable devices – use built-in sensors to gather data and take action on it. SAS Analytics helps glean knowledge from that data for instant insights.
Learn more about IoT
Nie jest to nowa koncepcja, ale dzięki wielkim zbiorom danych właśnie wkroczyła w fazę dynamicznego rozwoju. Algorytmy uczą się wzorców zawartych w danych, a następnie przewidują podobne wzorce w nowych partiach danych. Rozwiązania SAS w zakresie uczenia maszynowego automatyzują proces, umożliwiając podejmowanie spójnych i precyzyjnych decyzji.
Dowiedz się więcej
Dane są wrażliwe i... cenne. Cyberataki zdarzają się coraz częściej, ale rozwija się również technologia obrony przed nimi. Oferowane przez SAS narzędzia z zakresu analityki bezpieczeństwa mogą przewidywać podejrzaną aktywność w sieci, aby można było podjąć działania zanim dojdzie do problemów.
Dowiedz się więcej
IoT i inteligentne pojazdy połączone z Internetem
A gdyby tak samochody potrafiły komunikować się ze sobą, aby zapobiegać wypadkom? Witamy na skrzyżowaniu dróg inteligentnych samochodów i Internetu rzeczy.
Innowacje w data science
Patrick Hall, czołowy specjalista data science w SAS, przewiduje przełomy w data science, które jego zdaniem rysują się na horyzoncie.
Explore More on This Topic
- Interview Is open data the next step in digitization?Norwegian Tax Director Hans Christian Holte has seen how the state benefits from opening data sources to public analysis. How could it benefit you?
- Article A police force of our timeLike many countries, the crime and threats that Denmark faces are developing at a rapid pace. The police have to do more with fewer resources, just like the rest of the public sector. The police’s strong professional culture, which focuses on team spirit and on acting in dangerous situations, must be supplemented with new competences.
- Interview How does a center of excellence really work?At the Cincinnati Insurance Companies, analytics is bridging the gulf between IT and business units and leading by example to form common measures and objectives.
- Marketing for Omnichannel Analytics ExcellenceLearn how SAS® Analytics optimizes omnichannel marketing and drives a better retail business strategy
TDWI Checklist Report | Six Best Practices to Ignite the Customer Experience with IoT
The IoT extends digital customer experience to physical customer experience and customer journeys for ultimate brand distinction. This TDWI Checklist Report, sponsored by SAS, outlines six best practices for data professionals and practitioners when using IoT to improve customer experience.
The Autonomous Grid in the Age of the Artificial Intelligence of Things
Explore how AI and IoT work together to deliver everything from improved threat detection to better customer engagement for utilities.
- E-Book Operationalizing AnalyticsExplore how to overcome difficulties related to data and operationalizing analytics. We’ll also look at how one industry – banking – has been able to realize the full benefit of its analytics investment.
Operationalizing Analytics for Business Value
Although organizations put considerable emphasis, investment and resources into the model development stage of the analytics life cycle, operationalizing the model is often overlooked. That can lead to project failure or increase the amount of time needed to deploy a model.
This TDWI Pulse Report focuses on operationalizing analytics models in order to help organizations take action and gain value.
- White Paper Using a Hybrid Open Source and Commercial Analytics EcosystemAs more companies make the move to advanced analytics such as machine learning, they will need to decide whether to use open source, commercial products, or a combination of the two. An analysis in this TDWI report shows there are benefits to utilizing both.
- E-Book The new analytics ecosystemMany organizations are struggling to evolve their current analytics ecosystem, with disparate groups working across multiple technologies and tools. We surveyed more than 1,000 organizations to determine their level of adoption of technology to evolve their analytics ecosystem. In this e-book, you’ll learn the results of our survey and the three approaches to analytics that deserve your attention
- White Paper Faster Insights from Faster DataExamines where organizations are facing barriers to getting relevant data into the right condition for analytics, for developing artificial intelligence (AI) programs, and for delivery to users who need insights in time to solve business problems.
- White Paper ModelOps: Maximizing Value Across the Analytics Life CycleLearn how “ModelOps,” an emerging analytics methodology, can help organizations operationalize the full analytics life cycle at scale.
Data Analytics at the Edge
451 Research explores the value of diverse IoT data that is processed and analyzed at the edge in environments like T&D facilities, oil fields and manufacturing shop floors.
- E-Book Streaming analytics: Life happens fast. Are your analytics keeping up?Download this free e-book to find out what streaming analytics is, the unique opportunities it can address and five key success factors for planning your streaming analytics program.
- E-Book Formidable ForecastsWith artificial intelligence capabilities and traditional forecasting processes, it’s possible to create efficiencies by automating the production of large-scale time-series analyses and hierarchical forecasts.
Make every voice heard with natural language processing
Natural language processing: The communication link between human and machine intelligence.
- E-Book Accelerate and improve business outcomes with AIoTOrganizations across multiple industries are using AIoT to improve quality, maximize equipment performance, improve efficiencies and more. Download this e-book to find out how you can reap the same benefits.
- White Paper Accelerate Open Source Forecasting With SAS®By running open source forecast models with SAS, organizations can build upon their existing open source strategies in an agile, efficient and highly scalable way.
Other – Third Party
Industrial Transformation: Architecture and Analytics Just the Beginning
According to industry analyst firm LNS Research, industrial transformation means something different for every manufacturing organization. But it always incorporates essential concepts, including cross-disciplinary collaboration and alignment of processes, managing data from device to cloud, extensive sharing of enterprise data and the ability to use it, advanced analytics and app development, and more.
Data, Analytics & AI: How Trust Delivers Value
The annual Data and Analytics Global Executive Study with MIT Sloan Management Review looks at how 2,400 global business leaders make decisions based on analytics insights.
- White Paper Artificial Intelligence in Banking and Risk ManagementGlobal Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) and SAS survey drew more than 2,000 responses from across the financial services industry to answer questions about the current and future state of AI in risk.
- White Paper How AI Changes the RulesReaping the benefits of AI will require changes in workplace structures, technology strategies and technology governance. Read on to learn more about the changes that leaders must prepare for to successfully implement trusted AI.
Refactoring Analytics for the Cloud
Fast-track selected analytics into the could by leveraging expertise, using the latest methods, and focusing on the end state. Find ways to create more business value with analytics in the cloud – and ways to get there faster.
- E-Book Getting started with ModelOpsDeployment – the infamous "last mile" of analytics – is a challenge, with many development projects never being deployed at all. Explore how ModelOps can help by redefining how you deploy models.
- White Paper Building the Data-Intelligent Enterprise: Tap the Power of Technology and PartnersThe value of an intelligent enterprise is clear, but operationalizing analytics can be a long and complex journey. There is no magic bullet or singular solution. Rather, it takes the support of strategic partnerships to create a cohesive strategy and deployment road map that will accelerate deployment and maximize value from analytics investments.
- White Paper What You Need to Know About Data & Digital TransformationCompanies need to know how to use data to meet client needs, hire the right talent, measure performance and communicate their brand’s promise. This collection will cover how to adopt and analyze data and use it as part of your digital transformation.
- E-Book Internet of Things: Understanding the JourneyWhether your focus is business outcomes or technology challenges, this guide provides the insights to accelerate your IoT journey.
- White Paper Computer vision for product qualityExplore how manufacturers can address product quality challenges with the latest advances in computer vision by using analytics-driven intelligence wherever it’s needed – from the edge to the cloud.
- White Paper Analytics That Matter: A New WorldThis much-anticipated study examines industrial companies’ progress in analytics over the past two years, including the recent impact of COVID-19. The report is based on an LNS Research survey of nearly 6,200 plants.
- E-Book Boosting Production Quality with Advanced AnalyticsThe relationship between production quality and profitability is clear, and modern technology provides more, and better, data for understanding and optimizing that relationship. Ventana Research explores the types of analytics possible on today’s higher volumes of production data.
Combining Robotic Process Automation and Machine Learning
Want to know how to make robotic process automation (RPA) smart? Add machine learning to it. While both technologies are components of artificial intelligence (AI), we tend to view them separately. Each adds business value on its own, but their combination is particularly useful.
How to Take AI Projects From Start to Win
The four pillars of starting a successful AI program and examples of how other organizations have taken their AI projects from start to finish.
- White Paper AI for the CIO: 10 Tips for SuccessSAS Whitepaper: 10 tips for the CIO who is knee-deep in digital transformation projects that require deploying AI models at an enterprise scale.
- White Paper AI Momentum, Maturity & Models for Success: Focus on SingaporeAdvances in data and analytics have enabled early adopters of AI to grow beyond experiments and quick hits and provide examples for paths to success with AI.
- E-Book Fearless Decision? The most successful banks of the future will be those who can see their customers as individuals, appreciate their unique journeys and make decisions accordingly — across all associated business functions.
- E-Book Transformational decision?Governments can incorporate AI-driven decisioning into existing business processes to take advantage of digital transformation benefits. Through automated processes, deeper insights and the ability to act quickly, governments can innovate service delivery, drive efficiency and help build a better future.
The secret to IT success? Enabling choice and control
SAS can support an organziation's journey toward becoming a data- and analytics-driven organization. We can help unlock the value by enabling with choices that make sense. Plus, we can show organizations how to get the most out of technology investments.
Data, analytics and machine learning: The new frontier of fraud prevention
The Economist explores how global financial institutions are using advanced technologies such as machine learning to support fraud and security intelligence.
Seven trends that will transform banking
Advanced analytics and big data are enabling smarter decisions and more efficient processes, from credit to compliance and risk management.
Building your data and analytics strategy
Launch successful data analytics projects, improve data prep and go beyond conventional data governance. Read on to help your organization become truly
A history of hacking
The Economist explores the history of hacking and the evolution into today’s cybersecurity and fraud disruptions.
Risk Adjustment in Health Care Government Programs
With advanced analytics and machine learning, health care organizations can be more timely and confident in their risk adjustment programs, more effectively managing the cost of care and building a stable annual financial portfolio.
Operationalizing Analytics: What Is State-of-the-Art in Health Care and Life Sciences?
The potential for analytics to transform health care – to make it more personalized, intelligent, cost-efficient and effective – is immense. The question is, how will you move your organization forward to exploit the power of analytics?
How to Maximize the Impact of Your Analytics
Find out the results of our latest research, which revealed that the use of analytics is continuing to evolve in most organizations and that many organizations are on the path to using analytics strategically.
- E-Book Government and education: Leading through changeIn this e-book, SAS has collected the wisdom and stories of government and education leaders who are rising to the challenges of our times and applying analytics to drive evidence-based decision making. These stories are relevant across all sectors because they each share innovative new ways to respond to a changing landscape.
- E-Book What's Next for Life Sciences?The unique challenges of the coronavirus pandemic forced life sciences companies to respond to change more rapidly than ever before. Only the companies that are nimble, innovative and able to act quickly – while maintaining regulatory and scientific standards – will succeed in addressing the immediate needs of the crisis and beyond.
- White Paper Four Elements of Sustainability AnalyticsDirectors at consumer-packaged goods manufacturers who embrace sustainability grow their revenue while improving lives and environmental outcomes.
- E-Book Resilience: The best way to beat coronavirusTo be truly resilient means proactively seeking ways to ensure operational and financial stability no matter the circumstances. In this e-book, we explore digital transformation’s role in reimagining the world beyond COVID-19; how operational agility builds resilience; the five pillars of organizational resilience and more.
- White Paper Analytics for Everyone: Seven Tips for Promoting Analytics AdoptionChecklist Report on democratizing analytics.
- E-Book Governments leading through changeIn this e-book, SAS has collected the wisdom and stories of the government agencies that are rising to the challenges of our times and applying analytics to drive evidence-based decision making. These stories are pulled from every sector of government and are relevant across all sectors because they each share innovative new ways to respond to a changing landscape.
- E-Book Innovation: From data to businessReport on findings from a global expert interview study on the topic of analytics driven innovation; Peer insights to help navigate the journey from data to innovation.
- White Paper How the first mile of consumer goods can fight climate changeInnovation via digital transformation in agriculture and consumer packaged goods presents a unique opportunity to capture sustainability and move toward scalable, market-driven improvements in the air, soil and water.
- White Paper Making the Case: The ROI of Demand ManagementThis paper shows how to determine the value of improving the credibility of the demand plan. Several templates are included to help in quantifying and documenting the return on investment.
- Protecting Endangered Species with AI SolutionsCan artificial intelligence protect endangered species from extinction? The answer may lie in their footprints. WildTrack researchers are exploring the possibilities of using AI to augment the process of animal tracking used by indigenous tribes and redefine what conservation efforts look like in the future.
- IOM uses analytics in Nepal earthquake relief
- Double the processing speed and greater analytic depthWith new SAS infrastructure, German bank doubles the speed of its analytics and simplifies its processes.
- Project Odyssey Uses SAS® Data Mining Software to Investigate European Gun CrimeProject Odyssey, a EU-funded research and development project, uses SAS to build a ballistic crime data sharing system.
- White Paper Business Analytics -- Six Questions to Ask About Information and Competition
- More taste through technologyOne of Italy's largest manufacturers of cold cuts uses software from SAS to produce accurate budgets and sales forecasts.
- White Paper Demand Planning Maturity Model
- DUNSRight™ gets scoring rightDun & Bradstreet can now prepare and analyze data for more than 3 million Czech and Slovak companies locally and in near-real time.
- Helping employees make smarter business decisions This major manufacturer in Japan reports cost savings and an uptick in business quality using SAS to unify various business intelligence systems.
- Can you run marketing campaigns cheaper, better and faster?Using advanced analytics that are now available through a point-and-click environment, Česká spořitelna's campaign managers can now perform the entire campaign process.
- ODEC energizes utility demand forecastsODEC keeps electricity costs to a minimum, thanks to accurate demand forecasts generated with SAS Analytics.
- The right inventory at the right timeDirect-selling giant improves replenishment time by 20 percent while customer satisfaction soars to 97 percent.
- Improving Utilities Collections Through Predictive Analytics
- Large metro county improves indigent adult services; supports policy changes and protects privacy with SASWith SAS, a large metropolitan county measures the costs and benefits of providing services and avoids duplicating services without compromising privacy.
- Transforming banking with near-real time risk calculationsUnited Overseas Bank CRO explains interplay between risk classes and better risk controls through high-performance computing.
- North Carolina gets tougher on crimeLaw enforcement and criminal justice officials in North Carolina improved data access with an annual savings of $12 million.
- Customer Story Q&A: Achieving big financial gains - quicklyInsurance companies uses SAS to help business partners generate revenue increases and maintain competitive edge.
- A better way to measure student achievementUsing SAS, school district exceeds achievement and growth benchmarks, with many schools in 90th percentile for academic performance.
- A skillful career moveThe University of Missouri is offering SAS Certification and MBA-level analytics courses to help meet the market's growing demand for skilled SAS users.
- The wild side of analyticsStatewide government agency enhanced the effectiveness of its conversation programs and activities using SAS.
- Leaving nothing to chance with SAS® AnalyticsAsia's leading gaming and entertainment resort increased response rate and decreased time spent creating reports from 166.5 hours per month to just 16 hours.
- Reduce report generation from weeks to secondsWith reporting times reduced to seconds, the bank keeps credit risk exposure at a minimum.
- Understand the propensity of your customers to defectSAS® Analytics helps EDF Energy know who will churn and why. The insights help this energy giant implement a highly successful marketing strategy to reduce churn.
- Building a more searchable librarySRA re-indexed collection in hours rather than months or years, categorized accurately 90 percent of the time versus 75 percent for human indexers.
- Winning hearts and mindsSobeys, a national grocer operating in Canada, uses grocery analytics to take a local neighborhood approach to customer service.
- Analytic Strategies for the Customer-Centric Utility
- Meeting customer expectationsChubb Group increased marketing lift and gained a better understanding of which insurance niches to target by using SAS.
- Painting a national portrait with analyticsUsing analytics and business intelligence solutions, a government agency for a newly emerging country was able to process and analyze data to gain a more complete picture of the nation.
- Ensuring immediate, unhindered access to dataEurope's leading insurer gets a step ahead of competitors in Greece amidst significant change and reorganization.
- White Paper Three's Company: The Benefits of Forecasting, Optimization and Simulation
- Customer Story Building customer satisfaction with better network monitoringSAS Analytics helps a major telecom organization analyze traffic, anticipate problems and improve customer service.
- Manage municipal budgets with greater transparency, efficiencyBack to the future: The City of Wiesbaden, Germany, gets forward-looking budget management with SAS.
- Getting analysts up to speedWith this IT consultant's on-boarding plan, new SAS analysts complete their first live projects within three weeks and have a map for long-term success.
- Using technology to keep the community safeWest Midlands Police uses SAS Data Management to get cleaner data, which means cleaner streets.
- High-Performance Analytics for The Smart Grid
- The Future Of Retail Analytics | EKN Benchmark Study | SAS
- Customer Story Data visualization: Pathway to better customer insightUsing visual analytics, a major retail group pinpoints key trends in customer data to boost merchandizing and loyalty efforts.
- Churn prediction, segmentation analysis boost marketing campaigns Churn prediction, segmentation analysis boost campaign take-up rates at Bangladesh's leading mobile provider.
- How to arm graduate students with real-world skillsSAS aids Oklahoma State University in educating the business analysts of the future.
- SAS Visual Analytics motivates Euramax Coated Products to explore data for new insights.Euramax employees have instant access to critical data anytime, anywhere with SAS Visual Analytics.
- Providing free access to valuable census dataGovernment agency in Abu Dhabi streamlines census collection and increases availability.
- Turn unstructured content into business valueCreditreform uses text analytics to turn unstructured content into valuable business insights.
- Get more precision and detail on costs and business processesCESCE uses SAS® Activity-Based Management for greater precision and detail on costs and business processes.
- ERGO Insurance Group centralizes CRM with SAS for campaign management.Marketing from a customer perspective using SAS for campaign management.
Big Data in Big Companies
Analytics thought-leader Tom Davenport and Jill Dyché from SAS conducted an independent research study in early 2013 on Big Data Analytics Strategies for big companies. Their research (via multiple interviews) examined and described the big data analytics strategies of large SAS organizations that are early adopters of big data within their industries. During their 4 month study, Tom and Jill interviewed 20 companies which span across multiple industries.
- Knowing the who, informs the whatThe New Zealand Ministry of Health established the Virtual Data Registry to more accurately identify diabetes sufferers and citizens likely to contract diabetes. They'll use the database to inform policy and spending decisions that will ensure better care for those patients.
- Video UPS loves logistics and analyticsEver thought about what backs the intricate sorting, delivery and route process behind your receipt of a UPS package? See how the package delivery company moves from descriptive to predictive to prescriptive analytics in this video.
- Article Supercharging capital markets with real-time data and visualizationBy performing deeper analyses on data captured in-stream, and then injecting the results back into the business in real time, firms can better manage market risk, liquidity and counterparty credit risk during the trading day.
- Interview Data visualization: A wise investment in your big data futureData visualization technologies can help the practice of data-driven decision making really take hold. But putting data visualization software in the hands of business users? Is it crazy – or crazy smart?
- Big Data Drives Partnership
- Demand forecasts keep readers engagedUsing SAS demand-driven planning and optimization, library stocks enough copies of the right titles on its shelves.
- Article 3 building blocks that bring analytics from the tech business to the insights businessThere are huge opportunities for companies committed to evolving their analytics teams into business drivers. If that's your goal, consider these points.
- White Paper From Value to Vision: Reimagining the Possible with Data Analytics
- Self-service reporting, better decision making Analytics provide faster, easier way to use data for everyday decision making.
- Article Educating informed “intuitants"Today’s knowledge worker and future senior leader should be an “informed intuitant,” says Dr. Jay Liebowitz of the University of Maryland University College. Read more about a skill set that combines analytics and intuition – and how you can better develop it.
- Article How to create your own organizational think tank Analytics today is about looking to the future for answers. Two retail analytics leaders share their ideas for creating a smart team of diverse experts to shape your strategic focus.
- Article The role for big data in health care’s triple aimIndustry consultant Carolina Wallenius explains the future of health care and the role of analytics.
- White Paper Text Analytics in GovernmentHow can federal, state and local government agencies capture, manage, and use the massive volumes of unstructured text data available to them? This paper explores how agencies can invest in technologies such as text analysis to help them unlock insights hidden in their "big data."
- White Paper Desktop Forecasting for Small and Midsize Businesses
- White Paper Analytics in Sports: The New Science of Winning
- White Paper Heavy Reading: Advanced Predictive Network AnalyticsHeavy Reading reveals how predictive analytics gives service providers real-time visibility into their networks – boosting revenue potential and ensuring more satisfied customers, better targeted marketing, fine-tuned capacity planning and top-notch service assurance.
Eight Considerations for Utilizing Big Data Analytics with Hadoop
This paper focuses on eight considerations when it comes to applying big data analytics to extract value from Hadoop. Readers will learn about the importance of in-memory analytics, how to optimize the data preparation processes and the skill sets needed to derive benefits from Hadoop.
- Article Understanding data in motionLearn how to analyze fast-moving data streams on the fly with event stream processing.
- Article Amplify your data career with analyticsIf you're interested in a career in analytics, you'll need to consider if you have the temperament to match. Discover the questions you need to ask yourself, the first steps to set you on the right path and obstacles to avoid.
Demand shaping is commonly thought of in terms of demand manipulation. This paper provides an extended version of demand shaping that helps organizations understand the dynamics of both supply and demand.
- Article Skip the fire drillsStop reinventing the wheel each time someone in your organization rings an alarm bell. Think people, process, technology and culture if you want to create repeatable models.
- Article What coaching a new driver and developing an analytics culture have in commonEight lessons that apply equally to nurturing an organization's analytics culture and instructing a young driver how to safely navigate the open road.
- Article The advanatges of an analytics cultureGen. Colin Powell and SAS experts focus on the topic of culture and how to change an organization’s DNA to meet the challenges of this brave, new analytics world.
- Article 10 tips for analytics successDo some crystal-ball gazing with Thornton May, a futurist with some bright ideas on how you and your organization can succeed in all your analytics endeavors.
- Article Components of an information management strategyBefore starting a data management strategy for your business, you need to understand each component. Data expert David Loshin breaks them down.
- Article How police forces can use data to prevent crimePolice need to be given better access to data that will drive actionable intelligence and free up time to concentrate on investigating crime on the front line rather than dealing with time-consuming administrative tasks behind the scenes
Big Data at Work
This Harvard Business Review Key Learning Summary explains how to capitalize on the data you already have and how to integrate big data into everyday business operations.
- White Paper How Analytics Improves Decision Making at the Department of Defense
- Article Why your brain needs data visualizationData visualization software gives you fast answers to your toughest question. In just minutes or seconds. On the fly. Find out how.
- Interview Real-world techniques for analyzing big dataWhat are the top two analytics techniques you should know for big data? And how are businesses modernizing for big data analytics? Find out in this interview with author and professor Bart Baesens.
- Article 10 design elements to consider before building an analytical modelWhen building a new analytical model, rushing headlong into construction is not a good idea. Careful planning and design will result in analytics you can trust.
- White Paper The Analytics Mandate
- White Paper Anatomy of an Analytic Enterprise
- Interview The big effects of big dataHow is big data affecting consumers? Is it making positive change in the public sector? What do younger generations think of big data? Find the answers in this interview with author and professor Bart Baesens.
- Article From lab to lifeOnce you've created your analytical model, you need to put it to use. Here are tips from finance industry experts to get your models in the hands of users.
- White Paper Eight Steps for Using Analytics to Gain Value from Text and Unstructured ContentThis TDWI Checklist Report discusses the relevance of text analytics for improving user experiences with the semi-structured and unstructured textual big data now at their disposal.
- White Paper Big Data, Analytics and HadoopSAS and Hadoop are natural partners. Hadoop provides distributed storage and processing power. SAS treats Hadoop as just another data source and complements it with data management, data discovery and advanced analytics. This conclusions paper highlights two ways you can work with Hadoop data from within a familiar and interactive SAS Analytics environment – either with the graphical user interface of SAS® Visual Statistics or streamlined programming via SAS In-Memory Statistics for Hadoop.
- Article Using Hadoop as an Analytics CatalystLearn how to get the most out of Hadoop by developing a sound strategy for analyzing data in this new storage environment.
- White Paper Getting There From Here: Moving Data Science Into the BoardroomStudy after study confirms the obvious: Companies that invest in big data analytics perform at a higher level and are more profitable than their not-so-data-driven counterparts. What data scientists can do to help instill a data-driven culture at the top leadership ranks of the company.
- Article Analytics drives innovationLearn the three distinct analytics maturity stages that an organization must reach before true innovation can become part of its culture.
Fast and Furious: Big Data Analytics Meets Hadoop
Conclusions paper from a presentation at the 2014 Strata Santa Clara big data conference, in which two SAS data experts demonstrated new ways of gaining insights from big data at speeds that will redefine how organizations solve complex problems
- Article Analytics at the edgeStreaming data from automobiles, medical devices, location apps and other "things" lives at the edge of the network, where it can be used to monitor existing conditions and evaluate future scenarios. Learn how organizations in multiple industries are finding opportunity in analyzing this data from the Internet of Things.
- Article Industrialize your analytics todayLearn how to use an analytics factory approach to incorporate more data into your systems and increase predictive analysis across your organization.
- Article Lessons from the trackDoes your organization have an analytics DNA? Here's a baker's dozen of tips for building a healthy, happy data-driven enterprise that can go the distance.
- White Paper Choosing New Slots? Here’s a Game-Changer.This conclusions paper presents highlights of a SAS webinar showing how a unique combination of data profiling, statistical forecasting and optimization can improve slot floor performance, utilization and patron satisfaction.
From Data to Action
This Harvard Business Review Insight Center report examines what your data may or may not be telling you. Featuring 30 articles from researchers and practitioners in data science, marketing, and other fields, the report offer guidelines on making good use of information and turning it into profitable behaviors.
- Article Forecasting in the pocketLearn how to design better forecasting apps for smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices with tips from a renowned user-interface expert.
SAS Analytics and Open Source
Explore how organizations balance open source solutions along with commercial software to meet the requirements for statistical analysis, both within their organizations and externally with regulatory bodies.
Text Analytics 2014: User Perspectives on Solutions and Providers
This report looks at why and how text analytics has found success in industries such as consumer-facing businesses, public administration and government, life sciences and scientific research. It also shares the findings of a comprehensive market study focused on user experiences with the technology.
Inside Sports Analytics
10 lessons that Thomas H. Davenport, Independent Senior Advisor for Deloitte Analytics, uncovered in research conducted on more than 25 professional teams effectively using analytics to improve performance and decision-making.
- Customer Story New Zealand Ministry of Social DevelopmentThe New Zealand Ministry of Social Development uses big data to profoundly improve the lives of citizens.
Unleashing the Power of Text Analytics for Hotels
Discover how text analytics can improve the way your hotel runs its business – from marketing to operations to revenue management.
Watching out for Worst Practices
Based on results from an IDG Research Services study, this paper explores how organizations are leveraging unstructured data – and what they must avoid.
- Analyst Report Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a Business Intelligence Solution, 2014–15
The Analytic Enterprise
Making sense of enterprise data takes the right people with the right skills - and a solid strategy. This paper outlines what successful organizations do to make data work for them.
Unleashing the Power of Text Analytics for Travel
Discover how text analytics can improve the way your travel organization runs its business – from marketing to operations to revenue management.
SAS Grid Computing – What They Didn’t Tell You
Join Austria’s Erste Group Bank on their journey from a monolithic SAS processing environment to a more flexible infrastructure using SAS Grid Manager software.
- Article Data-driven health careLearn how five health care providers are tackling global health issues with big data analytics.
Discovering What You Want: Using Custom Entities in Text Mining
Discovering the value from data can be complex – and that’s even more complicated when you focus on documents and other text information. While text analytics is an emerging field, applying advanced analytics technique to text data is a powerful means to uncover information concealed in document collections.
- Article Coming soon: The Internet of CarsFind out how personal transportation will change as the Internet of Things becomes a reality. At the Premier Business Leadership Series, Andreas Mai, Director of Smart Connected Vehicles for Cisco will preview what's coming next.
- Article The municipality’s analytical journeyOdense – one of Denmark’s largest municipalities – is working toward becoming more analytical, with a goal of integrating analytical thinking on every level. Learn how their efforts are improving welfare and other programs in the region.
- White Paper Getting Value From Your Data ScientistsSimply hiring expensive data scientists isn’t enough. To create real business value with data scientists, top management must learn how to manage them effectively.
- Article Are you ready for your smart car?The Internet of Things presents a multitude of opportunities for the smart, connected car. And it has changed personal transportation forever.
Other – Third Party
Let Your Data Do The Talking
This article provides insight into how technology can help bridge the gap created by the impending retirement of large numbers of experienced personnel in the oil and gas industry. Find out the differences between the generations (X, Y and baby boomers) and their perceptions and expectations of technology. The authors explain the opportunities and challenges those expectations create for the industry as a whole.
Prepare Your Organization to Capitalize on Predictive Analytics
High-performing organizations take advantage of the power of analytics by channeling their efforts in four areas: focus, adopt, adapt and activate. This Harvard Business Review paper describes how to succeed in those areas, and overcome the barriers that get in the way of an ROI in analytics.
Using Next-Generation Advanced Analytics to Harness Big Data
Discover why Heavy Reading recommends using advanced analytics from proven vendors to obtain real-time intelligence from all your big data.
Predictive Analytics: Revolutionizing Business Decision Making
This TDWI e-book explores predictive analytics from several perspectives. First, it offers Q and A on the value, use and requirements of predictive analytics. Then, it explores three safeguards to help you avoid model-building problems.
The Art and Science of Reinsurance
This white paper explains how reinsurers can gain a competitive advantage by turning to technology for catastrophe modeling, data analytics and geospatial information systems (GIS) to better understand the data and their risk exposure.
Structured, Large-Scale Statistical Forecasting Using SAS® Forecast Server
As forecast accuracy continues to be a key focus area in organizations today. SAS Forecast Server is designed to automatically deliver high-quality statistical forecasts quickly and efficiently. However, in some cases the size and complexity of the business problem requires some tweaking of the settings available in SAS Forecast Server to cater for the specific characteristics of different parts of the data. This paper presents a structured approach to statistical forecasting that is both flexible and uses the full power of SAS® Forecast Server without compromising user friendliness and manageability.
The Use of Open Source is Growing. So Why Do Organizations Still Turn to SAS?
This conclusions paper summarizes a session at the 2014 Hadoop Summit presented by Brian Garrett, Principal Solutions Architect at SAS Institute Inc. titled, “With the Rise of Open Source, Why Organizations Still Turn to SAS.” In it, he explains why corporate analytics requirements are best served when companies run both SAS enterprise-class analytics solutions and open source solutions together. Garrett explains how these technologies meet different needs and co-exist well. He also highlights recent SAS software enhancements that allow analysts to incorporate R algorithms into analytic processes as part of a comprehensive, enterprise-class SAS analytics platform.
Closing the OODA Loop: Using Big Data and Analytics to Improve Decision Making
Compress decision cycles and operate proactively by assessing and clearly defining goals and timelines before applying analytics to your most valuable data.
- Trial, not errorClinical trials contribute heavily to the cost of bringing new medicines to market. INC Research is helping its customers control those costs by using analytics to forecast patient enrollment in trials.
Looking Inside SAS® Forecast Studio
Organizations depend on statistical forecasting to provide a solid foundation for many important planning and decision-making processes. SAS Forecast Server, which comprises a graphical user interface (SAS Forecast Studio) and the statistical forecasting engine (SAS Forecast Server Procedures), facilitates and speeds the forecasting process by providing a convenient, user-friendly interface to the large-scale automatic forecasting, model building and time series exploration capabilities available in SAS.
In this paper, Wayne Thompson, PhD, Manager of Data Sciences Technologies at SAS answers common questions about the types of recommendation systems used today, who uses them and why, and the advantages of using them for businesses today. He also delves into how the underlying technology typically works, with a special focus on SAS capabilities and benefits.
- Article Can sensing cities become thinking and responsive cities?In the vision of the sensing city, sensors will gather data to monitor everything from noise levels to water use, in real time and at a very granular level. Can the resulting data be analyzed to improve the lives of citizens?
Next-Generation Analytics and Platforms
What if you could move from data visualization to big data visualization? From slicing and dicing data to using analytics to predict outcomes? From using more than just structured data for analysis? This TDWI Best Practices Report focuses on how organizations use next-generation analytics to achieve this and more.
- Article Making sense of streaming data in the Internet of ThingsThe Internet of Things has changed our lives forever. Read about how streaming data in IoT works, and why it has caused such a shift in the analytics world.
- Article Big data and the Internet of Things: Two sides of the same coin?Big data and the Internet of Things are converging. Tamara Dull explains the relationship between the two terms and how they differ.
Predictive Analytics in Practice
This Harvard Business Review Insight Center report features 25 articles focusing on how to use predictive analytics in decision making and planning. Look at emerging best practices in the field, as well as examples of companies that use analytics in particularly innovative ways.
- Article Three reasons reporting and analytics projects fail and how to avoid the pitfallsLearn how to deal with three potential risk areas before you dive into a reporting and analytics project.
In-Memory Analytics: Get Faster, Better Insights from Big Data
This QA with Tapan Patel, Global Product Marketing Manager at SAS, provides a great overview of in-memory analytics.
TDWI Checklist Report: Seven Steps for Executing a Successful Data Science Strategy
This TDWI Checklist Report describes seven steps to get started on the path to a successful data science strategy. Data science is a hot topic among business and IT leaders. However, excitement about its potential benefits is tempered by the difficulty of finding, hiring and training data science personnel – not to mention defining the term within the context of your organization
The Analytics Mandate: The Best Products Are Made With Insights
To be successful, CPG companies must work with their retailer partners to maximize online awareness while minimizing its impact on other channels. As global consumption increases, investments must be managed in emerging markets while maintaining market share in mature markets. For CPG companies, it’s a constant balancing act and more than ever analytics is needed to gain business advantage.
How To Use Analytics to Create Health Care Value: An Executive Primer
US health care reform has digitized health care. Analytics holds promise in creating value from the growing stores of health care data but what are the critical executive considerations for applying analytics strategically? This paper presents how to tap into the great potential to use analytics to fish for insight from your growing data lakes.
- Intelligence for actionFind out how three different government agencies are using analytics to deter threats, combat crime and protect the public.
- Analyst Report Gartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms
- Series How to get the most value from your data scientistsHiring data scientists isn’t enough. This excerpt from an MIT Sloan report offers advice on how to best manage these analytic professionals.
- Research 6 Big Data Dos and Don’ts Social data. Streaming data. Unstructured data. What are the dos and don’ts for dealing with all these new big data sources? Find out from SAS experts and recent IDG research.
- Article Best practices report: Business-driven BI and AnalyticsEasy-to-use BI tools are causing business users to bypass IT, but there are pitfalls. Collaboration is needed to make effective use of resources and data says David Stodder in this best practices report from TDWI.
Forecast Value Added Analysis: Step-by-Step
This paper discusses how the forecast value added (FVA) metric can be used to identify waste in forecasting processes and expose factors that diminish accuracy. The author provides detailed instruction on using FVA: from gathering data, to conducting analysis, to effectively reporting the results to management. He also discusses the real-world results of FVA analysis at companies from a variety of industries.
The Analytics Mandate: Path to Innovation in the Hospitality, Travel and Transportation Industry
While price is certainly a critical factor in the consumer’s buying decision, pricing alone does not guarantee purchase. Other factors such as convenience, past experiences, amenities, social media comments (ratings and reviews), and loyalty and reward points play a part. For continued success, the industry needs to expand analytic usage for a deeper understanding of customers, preferences, brand perception and digital behavior.
The Analytics Mandate: Helping Retailers Evolve
Find out why 77 percent of retailers who participated in an MIT Sloan survey believe analytics provides a competitive advantage compared with 64 percent of respondents from other industries.
- Series Meet the data scientist: Manuel David GarciaWhile he did study statistics, operations research and relational marketing, Data Scientist Manuel-David Garcia's "real school" came from on-the-job-training.
- Article Empty shelves: The retail analytical talent deficitIf you already have an analytics team, you know how hard it is to attract and retain top talent. If you're trying to build a team, here are some ways to find (and keep) the analytical experts you need.
Analytics and the Modern IT Organization
Learn how forward-thinking CIOs and other C-level executives are planning to create a more modern IT designed to take advantage of big data.
- Article 9 questions on in-memory analyticsWith in-memory analytics, data is stored on the disk but read into memory for faster analytical processing. What does this mean for your business? And how can you benefit? Find out the answers to these and other questions.
- Getting the price rightSAS advanced analytics helps RSA Canada price premiums for profitability and identify new growth opportunities.
The Talent Dividend
Today’s organizations understand the value of competing with analytics. But this understanding has triggered a demand for analytics talent that far exceeds supply. Many companies are struggling to attract and retain the talent needed to build competitive advantage. This research report explores the success factors of data-oriented companies who are cashing in on their talent dividends. Discover the hallmarks of analytical maturity and see how your plan for developing, cultivating and retaining analytical talent stacks up.
- Series 7 steps for executing a successful data science strategyGet tips from TDWI for making your foray into data science a success.
The Analytics Mandate: Generating profits in difficult economic and regulatory times
Learn how and why banks need to apply more analytics for real-time decision making and multichannel marketing as consumers continue to migrate to digital channels and generate more data.
How Streaming Data Analytics Enables Real-Time Decisions
Learn how SAS provides extremely high-throughput, low-latency technology to meet whatever streaming analytics your company might want to pursue.
- Article Sensing a disturbance in the dataAs IoT data unites with event stream processing (ESP), these combined forces will automatically sense data pattern deviations and trigger immediate response.
Center of Analytics: What It Is and Why It Matters
Design a center of analytics that overcomes roadblocks and makes analytics integral to operations.
Analytical Execution for Today's Mid-Sized Enterprise
An Aberdeen Group research report
- Analyst Report SAS improves usability of Event Stream Processing
- Best Practices: Enterprise Reporting and Analytics | SASHear best practices and lessons learned while modernizing and implementing enterprise reporting and analytics systems at academic institutions.
- Article Hiring? We have the data scientist interview questions you needUse these data scientist interview questions to recruit someone with a range technology skills and a knack for communicating complex subjects to a variety of audiences.
The New Approach to Big, Complex and Always-On Data
Organizations struggling with bigger, more complicated data are finding new ways to turn this information into results. This paper provides a framework to embrace the technological and cultural shifts driving the way we consume and use information.
- Article The intersection of modern IT and advanced analyticsThornton May explains how IT groups are helping the business use analytics to adapt to the C-suite's need for a modern, agile and results-focused IT function.
The Connected Vehicle. Big Data, Big Opportunities
The opportunities for the automotive industry are enormous as the number of connected vehicles is projected to outpace global population growth for the next 10 years. The data collected from these vehicles, up to 30 terabytes each day, will have wide-reaching implications for drivers and manufacturers alike.
- Forecasting crime to save moneyCAP Index uses SAS Analytics to help companies and agencies choose the right amount of security.
- Creating value for customers via data-driven marketingWith analytics at the center of its marketing, Turkcell Superonline enhanced its competitive edge, and improved customer retention and loyalty.
- Article Why you should care about episode analyticsThe future of value-based health care requires a better understanding of how patients are treated for thousands of conditions. Only episode analytics can uncover the insights payers and providers need.
- Series Meet the data scientist: Steve EinbenderFind out how Steve Einbender lobbied his analytics skills into a data scientist gig at Home Depot and launched the company’s Advanced Analytics Center of Excellence.
- Article 3 things you need to know about event stream processingAs more data is generated from the Internet of Things, more of it will be analyzed as it is streaming. Learn how to analyze streaming data – and how it differs from traditional analysis.
- Series Tracking down answers to your questions about data scientistsDo you need a data scientist? Want to be a data scientist, or improve the skills you already have? Check out our Insights series.
- Combating energy theft with analyticsCemig saves US$420,000 a month by identifying commercial losses related to the misuse of power and technical failures.
- Article Why pharmaceutical firms are investing in real-world evidenceTo get a compound or device to market – bench to bedside – may be an eight- ,12- or even 15-year process. Real-world evidence has a critical role at every step, particularly in the clinical trials process.
- Customer Story Municipality puts wireless water meter-reading data to workTown of Cary, North Carolina uses SAS Analytics to analyze data from wireless water meters, assess demand, detect problems and engage customers.
- Customer-centricity makes sense to drive sales With SAS Campaign Management in place, UniCredit Bank Serbia boosted marketing campaign conversion rates and increased sales by 53 percent.
IoT Analytics in Practice
this paper will help business decision makers make informed investment decisions about the future of their own IoT analytics projects
- Article Top 10 best practices for next-gen analytics TDWI's Fern Halper shares 10 ways to graduate from reports and dashboards and advance to big data visualization and predictive analytics.
- Forecasting helps Wescom Credit Union save millions of dollarsFinancial institution increases lending decision accuracy by at least 50 percent.
- Article Introduction to machine learning: Five things the quants wish we knewMachine learning is gaining momentum thanks to bigger, more complex data sets. How does it work? Kimberly Nevala from SAS Best Practices explains what it is by focusing on what it isn't.
- Visual analytics helps energy supplier make better connectionsElectrabel uses interactive reporting and data exploration to develop customer insight, competitiveness and operational efficiency.
- White Paper What Makes a Data Scientist Great?A collection of interviews with top data scientists, who talk about problem solving, creative approaches to data, tenacity and the surprising importance of relationships.
- Article Turning the analytical talent gap into an analytical talent dividendHow important is analytical talent to your organization? If you’re aiming to become data-driven and turn data into insights, make it a top priority.
Optimize Your Launch Sequence Strategies
This white paper explores how the SAS® solution for launch revenue optimization enables global pricing teams to simulate and optimize launch timing and pricing decisions based on the predicted effect on global revenue.
Minding the Analytics Gap
This MIT Sloan Management Review explores the gap between an organization’s capacity to produce analytical results and its ability to apply them effectively to business issues. The research highlights how managers can become more comfortable making decisions based on complex analytical insights that they do not yet fully understand. It also explores the difficulty this complexity poses for analytical innovators, who must continue to elicit business value from analytics in order to maintain competitive advantage.
- Fighting fraud in near real timeHungary’s OTP Bank gains competitive advantage via data visualization, fraud detection and social network analysis from SAS.
- Article 10 ways analytics can make your city smarter From child welfare to transportation, read 10 examples of analytics being used to solve problems or simplify tasks for government organizations.
- Article Unlocking the real value of the IoTWhen you hear Internet of Things, you think connected cars and wearable devices -- but the IoT's greatest impact will likely come on the factory floor. Shahram Mehraban, a Director in Intel's Internet of Things group explains.
- Article Streaming data: The ins and outs of this technology buzzwordLearn what streaming data is, why it matters to your business and how it relates to big data, event stream processing, data management and the IoT.
- Interview Using data to control unruly hotel pricingKelly McGuire of SAS has packaged everything hoteliers need to optimize pricing and maximize revenue into one neat book.
- White Paper Holiday shopping secrets: Prices matter and pets are importantAttention retailers! It's time to celebrate. According to SAS Analytics, the holiday shopping season is shaping up to be a jolly one.
Data Mining From A to Z
This paper shows how you can use predictive analytics and data mining to reveal new insights from data, as well as get all the pieces and parts moving together for maximum value.
- Video Tips for hiring and managing data scientistsIs it time to hire a data scientist? What skills should you look for? John Taylor leads a team of data scientists and shares his top tips in this short video.
- Conservation efforts take flight with analyticsThe Royal Society for the Protection of Birds uses SAS to help safeguard wildlife.
- Research 3 Internet of Things examples from 3 industriesRead detailed Internet of Things examples from a manufacturer, a government agency, and an oil and gas company. You’ll learn how much data is being streamed and find out the documented ROI for each application.
- Article A framework for analytics governanceFind out why governance is the critical last mile for analytics – and learn what you can do to make sure all your analytics projects are accurate, aligned and worthwhile.
- Using Hadoop and SAS for network analytics to build a customer-centric telecom serviceOTE Cosmote analyzes vast amounts of data to enhance customer experience, service and loyalty.
- Better reporting yields better understanding of risk managementSAS Visual Analytics helps Erste Bank Croatia tackle diverse data for accurate analysis.
- Article Your personal data scientistImagine pushing a button on your desk and asking for the latest sales forecasts the same way you might ask Siri for the weather forecast. Find out what else is possible with a combination of natural language processing and machine learning.
- Article Applying machine learning to IoT dataLet’s move beyond theoretical discussions about machine learning and the Internet of Things – and talk about practical business applications instead.
- Article How Walmart makes data work for its customersTips from the world's largest retailer on building an infrastructure that makes data work for its 240 million customers a week.
The Democratization of Analytics
International Institute for Analytics summarizes key questions and answers about grass-roots analytics and the business opportunities and challenges that go with this phenomenon.
- Article How to find and equip the citizen data scientists in your midstCitizen data scientists are challenging the status quo and looking at data in new ways. Learn how to recognize, reward and train these analytical minds to benefit the business.
- Series Data drives destinyUS community colleges need to train 11 million more skilled workers by 2025. Karen Stout, CEO, Achieving the Dream, explains how data can make it happen.
- Series Data drives destinyUS community colleges need to train 11 million more skilled workers by 2025. Karen Stout, CEO, Achieving the Dream, explains how data can make it happen.
- Series Data drives destinyUS community colleges need to train 11 million more skilled workers by 2025. Karen Stout, CEO, Achieving the Dream, explains how data can make it happen.
How Hadoop Helps Realize Big Data Value
Leveraging a big-picture approach to Hadoop opens up a world of
- Article Stop guessing and try data-driven business decisions insteadHere's some advice from TWDI's David Stodder on how to use visual analytics for data-driven business decisions.
Beyond the Hype: The Hard Work Behind Analytics Success
Why competitive advantage from analytics is declining and what to do about it
- Article Establishing a roadmap for government data analytics takes less time than you think Public sector groups need a strategy before taking on government data analytics. Learn how to get the most from your data.
- Article Internet of things applications across multiple industriesLearn about existing Internet of Things applications in five industries, and get advice on how to develop your own Internet of Things applications.
- Article Stopping the Zika virus: The potential of big data, analyticsHow do you stop global outbreaks? The answer may be in the data about the disease and how it spreads.
Achieve Business Agility and Realize Big Data Value with Cloud Analytics
When coupled with a solid strategy, cloud analytics can play an
instrumental role in helping organizations realize big returns on big
- Article Five ways to approach analytics differentlyGo beyond the conventional, the insane and the dabbling. Here are 5 ways to rethink how you do analytics.
The Autonomous Grid: Machine Learning and IoT for Utilities
Machine learning and the IoT have the power to create an increasingly autonomous grid that can eventually handle billions of endpoints on utility networks. But is the industry truly maximizing the benefits of either technology? Find out in this report.
- Interview A brave new world of analyticsMike Frost from SAS explains how a modern analytics platform can help make sense of the new, complex data reality.
IoT in Retail: Engaging the Connected Customer
How do you make your brick-and-mortar stores as smart as your website so when customers walk in the door, you recognize them and cater to their individual tastes? Learn the key to making in-store shopping as frictionless for your customer as online shopping.
- Article Analytics. Fighting cancer for more than 40 years. Thanks partly to analytics, cancer survival rates are higher, treatments are more personalized and cancer research continues to expand.
- White Paper The Evolution of AnalyticsLearn about modern applications for machine learning, including recommendation systems, streaming analytics, deep learning and cognitive computing. And learn from the experiences of two companies that have successfully navigated organizational and technological challenges to adopt machine learning and embark on their own analytics evolution.
- Series A culture of evidenceTransforming US community colleges starts with analyzing the data that you have. Learn how leading schools are building an analytics ecosystem.
- Article Exploring the sun with big dataResearchers working for NASA are using automatic, exploratory and visual analysis of big data to help understand the mysteries of our universe.
- Article Become a strategic business partner using analytics in financeCollecting, validating and reporting information is no longer enough for finance professionals – it’s time to transform your role using analytics in finance.
- Article Become a strategic business partner using analytics in financeCollecting, validating and reporting information is no longer enough for finance professionals – it’s time to transform your role using analytics in finance.
Your guide to bridging the analytics skills gap
This e-book pulls together five customer interviews to explain where analytics skills are needed in different industries (from journalism to insurance to government). The customers explain how to provide training and cultural changes to support analytics careers.
- Article Could APIs provide advanced analytics for the masses?Find out how APIs could make advanced analytics more prevalent and open up entire new markets to using the predictive capabilities of analytics.
Four Use Cases Show Real-World Impact of IoT
This TDWI e-book explores in detail what IoT means and does for retailers, the automotive industry, state and local governments working with utilities firms, and the manufacturing industry. Common themes include connectedness, data-driven insights, predictive capabilities and transformation.
- Changing the conversation about behavioral healthSan Bernardino County uses data management and advanced analytics to improve care and address misconceptions.
- Article Coming soon: The Industrial Internet and IoT standardsFrom smart farms to connected water meters, the IIoT party is happening – with consensus around IoT standards playing host.
- Article Broken promises? Avoid IoT traps with an analytics platformHow can you realize the promise of the Internet of Thing? By using an analytics platform to sense, understand and act on streaming data.
- Article Smart cities, smart energy solutions – thanks to the IoTFind out how Envision America and CPS Energy are using the IoT and analytics to make cities smarter and transform energy programs.
- Series Women in analytics: Susan Thomas, GM FinancialWhen Susan Thomas graduated with a technical degree in the 80s, everyone assumed she'd teach. Instead, she became a coder and programmer.
- Article Practical advice for better business forecastingCheck out three short videos with simple, practical advice for improving business forecasting at your organization.
- Article An executive’s guide to cognitive computingCognitive computing is the latest buzzworthy term that everyone seems to be talking about in the technology industry. But can machines really think?
- Video See IoT industry examples in actionHow can analytics unlock the limitless possibilities in the Internet of Things?
- Article 5 IoT applications retailers are using today The Internet of Things can bring big benefits, but what is IoT and how are retailers taking advantage of it?
- Article Analytics for all, all in one placeFrom Python to R and SAS to Spark, bring all of your analytics packages together with one trusted platform for analytics governance.
- Interview Connected consumers, IoT and what retailers need to do nowThe IoT is impacting retail, with more to come. Experts from Cisco, Intel and SAS discuss what's happening now, and what retailers need to do next.
- Article Better alignment of incentives: Helping cure data analytics in health careHealth care organizations are beginning to use analytics to make better decisions. Learn how better incentives can make the process work faster.
- E-Book Innovation driven by strategyFrom curing diseases to studying the sun, innovative uses of analytics are changing the world. Download this e-book to see where tomorrow’s technologies are happening today.
- Article Analytics for prescription drug monitoring: How to better identify opioid abusePrescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) are a great start in combating abuse of prescription drugs, but they could be doing much more. Better data and analytics can inform better treatment protocols, provider education and policy decisions – and save lives.
- Article IoT: The next best thing to reading your customer’s mindConstant streams of data from myriad devices and sensors is what IoT is all about. But how are organizations using it to better customer experiences?
- Series Use of data visualization and analytics in education is growingEducators use analytics for education to make better decisions on programs, student outcomes and more. Learn how you can, too.
Text Analytics: Unlocking the Value of Unstructured Data
This research brief from the International Institute for Analytics and SAS outlines the challenges of implementing text analytics solutions and explores what makes this technology unique and exciting.
- Series Evolving your institutional insightBig data in education can help administrators understand college applicants and students – including which ones will struggle and why.
- Series Best practices to ensure a successful reporting and education analytics initiativeWhat's the best way to get started generating the right information to inform better education decisions? Start with a foundation of education analytics.
- Series Lessons learned, looking forwardHow can community colleges train the next generation of skilled workers? Karen Stout, CEO, Achieving the Dream, discusses the role of analytics.
- Series Women in Analytics: Susan Weidner, IntrinsiQ Specialty SolutionsPractical advice for women interested in pursuing a career in analytics. Mentors were key for Weidner, now a Senior VP at IntrinsiQ Specialty Solutions.
- Article Equifax uses trended data to better qualify loan applicantsMachine learning for credit scoring has helped Equifax analyze consumer data over time to determine which borrowers are trending in a positive direction and develop a more accurate measure than credit scores.
When One Size No Longer Fits All - Electric Load Forecasting with a Geographic Hierarchy
Illustrate step-by-step how utilities forecasters can take advantage of hourly or sub-hourly data from millions of smart meters by using new types of forecasting methodologies
- Interview Analytics in the driver’s seat at Ford Ford Chief Data and Analytics Officer Paul Ballew on how Ford is using analytics for everything from sales and marketing to mobility and connected cars.
- White Paper Workforce AnalyticsThis paper explores how government HR functions can use advanced analytics, machine learning and AI to develop effective plans to meet hiring, retention and performance goals.
- Article #Data4Good: Treating cancer, one patient at a timeDrawing on her experience as a cancer patient, Susan Weidner devotes her career to helping oncologists identify personalized treatments based on massive amounts of data.
- Article 5 Challenges for IoT in the insurance industryIoT promises to substantially reduce losses in the insurance industry, but adoption is low. That will change when the industry overcomes these five challenges.
- Case Study Banco Galicia launches an analytical journey: Five steps to transforming an organizationBanco Galicia needed to upgrade analytics program to respond to a new business landscape. Learn how SAS helped deliver a strategy to make it work.
Improve Customer Experience with Actionable Artificial Intelligence
While more marketers turn to artificial intelligence technologies, this new territory also raises more questions. This paper offers a detailed look into how AI works, and explores the opportunities and challenges it presents.
- Protecting fragile species through improved conservation funding World Wildlife Fund turns to SAS Data Management to improve data on donors and help increase donations from outreach efforts.
- Keeping the lights on and power grids stable in BelgiumEandis turns to SAS Visual Analytics for a self-service BI environment enabling advanced smart grid analytics.
- Article When it matters: Safeguarding your organization from the insideWith evolving threats, fraud detection technologies have to be flexible and nimble, and automated risk detection is a crucial component of decision advantage.
- Article Student lands dream job with help from SASA strong partnership between the University of Alabama and SAS put Cameron Jagoe on a path that led to his dream job with US Bank.
- Article How to add analytics to your application development pipelineHow can you improve time to market for apps, improve analytics inside apps and let app developers focus on what they do best? With an open analytics platform.
Data-Driven: Going from all gut to analytically inspired glory
This e-book shares in simple terms what it means to develop and cultivate a data-driven or analytic culture. It identifies key principles and practices that help an organization become more data-driven and provides a simple framework for managing that change.
- Interview 5 questions about open analytics Learn how one analytics team uses a combination of open source and enterprise analytics to find innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Article Analytic simulations: Using big data to protect the tiniest patientsAnalytic models help researchers discover the best way to care for babies in the NICU, saving lives (and millions of dollars) in the process.
Business Intelligence and Analytics Capabilities Report
This report, written by the International Institute for Analytics and sponsored by SAS, examines the relationship between business intelligence (BI) and advanced analytics (AA) in large organizations. The report is based on a survey of midmarket and enterprise businesses about their current BI environments and AA capabilities, including analytics skills and self-service options. Read this report to learn more about the biggest barriers to adoption for BI and AA, the best investments for both, common pitfalls, and how to increase analytics maturity and adoption in your company.
Analytics and IT
A Harvard Business Review Key Learning Summary
- Article 5 leadership tips from a four-star generalGeneral Michael Hayden, former Director of the CIA, shares what he's learned about managing organizations in times of stress, risk and complexity.
- White Paper IoT success depends on data governance, security and privacyThe IoT puts intense demands on the data management life cycle. Learn from 10 common mistakes organizations have made with IoT endeavors.
BI, Analytics, and the Cloud: Strategies for Business Agility
This TDWI Research report examines organizations’ experiences with, and plans for, cloud BI and analytics, new cloud models, and what should be considered when moving to the cloud.
- Article Governed analytics and discovery: Balancing business user and IT needsTDWI provides seven steps for balancing IT governance needs with the expanding use of self-service BI and data discovery tools.
- Customer Story Telstra calls on SAS to keep customers engagedAustralia’s largest telecommunications company relies on SAS Analytics to better understand customers’ needs and develop the products and services they want.
The Connected Insurer
Explore the opportunities IoT creates, the barriers to its adoption within the insurance industry, and what’s needed to fully exploit the potential of IoT for competitive advantage and growth.
- White Paper SAS® Results Delivers ValueSAS Results combines the expertise of SAS experts with the company's leading analytics platform to give you deeper insights into your data landscape.
- Article How openness can supercharge event stream analyticsWhat does openness do for event stream analytics? David Loshin shows how it helps you speed and govern the full streaming analytics life cycle.
Leadership and Big Data Innovation
A Harvard Business Review Key Learning Summary
Approachable Analytics With SAS® Web Solutions
See how SAS Web solutions enable rapid prototyping of new analytic solutions.
The Connected Customer: The Why Behind the Internet of Things
Blue Hill explores the key traits associated with supporting the connected customer through the internet of things, and provides guidance on why the internet of things will be essential across the general business landscape.
Portrait of a CAO
Our latest eBook is an interview and blended profile of a government agency’s first Chief Analytics Officer. While the profiled CAO is fictitious, the ideas, processes and strategies within the book are real and proven. And although the industry focus is government, the eBook offers insights on the challenges and experiences of the CAO in any industry.
- Article IoT securityThe internet of things, with about 6.4 billion external (and vulnerable) devices on networks, calls for a more rigorous approach to cybersecurity.
- Series Women in analytics: Katherine Sanborn, Kellogg CompanyA recent college graduate who mentors and coaches incoming interns shares her advice for the newest generation of analytics professionals.
- Article Student growth measures show the way to educational successStudent test scores don’t tell the whole story about how students are performing. Educators are finding new ways to measure progress.
Channeling Streaming Data for Competitive Advantage
Discover how and why innovative companies are transforming business operations by using streaming analytics to extract meaning from live data streams as data is created, and automate reactions to it with millisecond response times.
- Series Women in analytics: Elisa Gois, MGM ResortsElisa Gois, Chief Analytics Officer for MGM Resorts, went from social work to the C-suite. Here are her top four tips for a successful career in analytics.
- Serving each customer rightEnergy company Eni uses analytics to estimate customers’ long-term value on an individual basis.
Analytics as a Source of Business Innovation
Competitive advantage from analytics is changing, and for the better. For the first time in four years, MIT Sloan Management Review found an increasing ability to strategically innovate with analytics based on interviews with more than 2,600 practitioners and scholars globally.
- Article Can data sharing lead to cancer discoveries?Clinical trials can bring new drugs – and new hope – to the market for cancer patients. Now, a new data sharing platform for clinical trial data brings even more hope.
- Customer Story A new banking philosophy for enhanced customer loyaltyData-driven decisions help Royal Bank of Scotland transform its organizational processes, improve employee engagement and deliver excellent customer service.
- Analyst Report SAS takes Event Stream Processing to Cisco's edge for Internet of Things stackSAS and Cisco work together to enable IOT type analytics from the edge of the network to the data center to the cloud, according to 451 Research.
Data Visualization Techniques
A picture is worth a thousand words – especially when you are trying to find relationships and understand your data – which could include thousands or even millions of variables. This paper takes you from the basics of charts and graphs to visualizing big data using SAS Visual Analytics.
Better Forecasting With Next-Generation Demand Management
The multitude of forces affecting the relationship between demand and supply are set to expand their influence. Smart leaders will take advantage of the flood of digital data to better understand those forces to make more accurate and predictive supply chain decisions.
IoT and Transportation: How Analytics Makes Travel Faster and Safer
Discover how new sources of data provide an opportunity to improve the efficiency of transportation systems while providing new services and optimizing transportation investments.