Explore resources related to insurance analytics.
In the Spotlight
How to compete in the new era of customer-centric insurance
Better compete in the new era of customer-centric insurance and respond quickly to market changes by reducing the time needed to build hand-coded models and accommodate a range of programming languages.
Explore more insurance-related white papers, customer stories, webinars and more.
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select resource type
- Analyst Report
- Executive Brief
- Fact Sheet
- Industry Overview
- Product Brief
- Overview Brochure
- Solution Brief
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- Webinar Time to Accelerate the Finance TransformationLDTI: Achieve Business Value Beyond Regulatory Compliance
- Webinar LDTI: The Journey Toward Compliance and Beyond LDTI is viewed as the biggest insurance change in FASB accounting in decades. CNO, Deloitte and SAS discuss the steps you can take now to achieve compliance and modernize business processes.
- Webinar IFRS 17 implementation: A view from the front linesJoin Deloitte, SAS and global credit insurer Atradius as they discuss their IFRS 17 implementation journey and the effects of COVID-19.
- Webinar Banking Breakdown: Are P&C Insurers’ Early Warning Systems Good Enough?Join us as we discuss the uncertainty insurance companies are feeling in the current economic climate and how analytics and early-warning systems can help improve their financial footing.
- White Paper LDTI: Finding a solution for today and tomorrowSAS can help insurers address the data and technology complexities of LDTI with a solution that solves the problems of today while looking ahead to obstacles of the future.
- White Paper How to compete in the new era of customer-centric insuranceLearn how to quickly respond to market changes by reducing the time needed to build hand-coded models and accommodating a range of programming languages.
- White Paper Fraudsters love digitalBy incorporating fraud analytics as a first line of defense, insurers can build in safeguards for all of their digital programs. In turn, they can spot emerging fraud rings, emerging fraud trends, and make real-time decisions on claims recovery to reduce leakage.
- White Paper Using Digital Identity To Unleash Organizational DataCustomer experience focuses on speed and ease of access, lowering friction where possible. However, this approach has the potential to open up an organization to fraudulent attacks.
- White Paper Advanced Analytics For Dissolving Data SilosThe growing need for data storage has heightened the proliferation of data silos. Readers will learn how organizations can apply machine learning and artificial intelligence to battle fraud, confirm customer identities and build data systems to avoid potential silos.
- Customer Story Q&A: Risk and yield in the era of Solvency IILeading Italian insurer transforms Solvency II compliance into strategy, aligning capital management with business performance and optimizing production factors.
- White Paper Return on Information: The New ROIThis paper explores the techniques and technology available for taking advantage of big data so insurers can price better, expand markets and improve the business of underwriting risk and handling claims.
- White Paper Data is KingLearn about the benefits of building an analytical data warehouse based on an insurance-specific data model so insurance companies can gain the most out of their investment in business analytics.
- E-Book Four Use Cases Show Real-World Impact of IoT This TDWI e-book explores in detail what IoT means and how different industries are taking advantage of it.
- Article 5 Challenges for IoT in the insurance industryIoT promises to substantially reduce losses in the insurance industry, but adoption is low. That will change when the industry overcomes these five challenges.
- White Paper Solvency II Compliance and beyond: The essential steps for insurance firmsLearn about the essential steps that insurance companies need to complete to ensure Solvency II compliance – and beyond – with the ability to support enterprise risk management.
- Article IFRS 17 and Solvency II: Insurance regulation meets insurance accounting standardsIFRS and Solvency II encourage comparability and transparency from a regulatory and accounting perspective for insurers, but there are important differences.
- White Paper The Connected InsurerExplore the opportunities IoT creates, the barriers to its adoption within the insurance industry, and what’s needed to fully exploit the potential of IoT for competitive advantage and growth.
- White Paper Insurers: Are You Ready for IFRS 17?This white paper tells you what to look for in an IFRS 17 solution and explains why insurers should be taking action now to prepare for the new requirements.
- Customer Story Turkish insurer achieves real-time fraud detectionAksigorta uses advanced analytics to increase fraud detection rate by 66 percent.
- E-Book Becoming a data-driven organizationLearn about the three foundations of becoming data-driven – data management, analytics and visualization – and how they can increase profitability, boost performance, raise market share and improve operations.
- White Paper Fighting Insurance Application Fraud Learn about the advantages of using analytics-driven methods for authenticating applicants to reveal customer gaming, agent gaming and potential future claims fraud.
- Article Shut the front door on insurance application fraud!Fraudsters love the ease of plying their trade over digital channels. Smart insurance companies are using data from those channels (device fingerprint, IP address, geolocation, etc.) coupled with analytics and machine learning to detect insurance application fraud perpetrated by agents, customers and fraud rings.
- White Paper Understanding Data Streams in IoTThis paper explains how streaming analytics helps you acquire, understand and use real-time, streaming data to make fact-based, automated decisions – and instantaneously react to new information.
- Customer Story Advanced analytics can detect and prevent insurance fraud before losses occurYdrogios Insurance limits damage, reduces costs and shields its competitive advantage with SAS® Detection and Investigation for Insurance.
- Customer Story Improving loss ratios and profitabilityTriad Analytic Solutions helps insurers benefit from advanced analytics.
- White Paper 2021 State of Insurance Fraud Technology StudyAs fraud continues to frustrate survey respondents, it's not surprising that the adoption of insurance anti-fraud technologies among respondents grew since the 2018 survey.
- Customer Story A risk-based approach to combat money laundering in IsraelSAS Anti-Money Laundering helps Ayalon Insurance monitor suspicious activity and meet challenging regulatory requirements.
- Article Beyond IFRS 17 – what's next?IFRS 17 is not just a new accounting standard. Its fundamental objective is to provide transparency and insight to the insurance business while identifying strengths and areas for improvement. Learn how to keep a long-term vision and achieve broader business value beyond the immediate demands of IFRS 17.
- Article IFRS 9 and CECL: The challenges of loss accounting standardsThe loss accounting standards, CECL and IFRS 9, change how credit losses are recognized and reported by financial institutions. Although there are key differences in the standards for CECL (US) and IFRS 9 (international), both require a more forward-looking approach to credit loss estimation.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Fraud Management, Q3 2021Due to faster changing patterns in payment and nonpayment fraud, risk modeling has transitioned from an annual or semiannual campaign to a continuous activity that financial institutions cannot ignore.
- Customer Story Integrated marketing improves results for marketers and customersDigital insurance company InShared uses SAS Customer Intelligence 360 to improve services and extend personalized offers.
- Analyst Report Chartis names SAS a Leader in Actuarial Modeling and Financial Planning Systems, 2022
- Analyst Report Celent Insurance Fraud Detection Solutions: Property and Casualty Insurance, 2022 EditionSAS is a Luminary in Celent's Insurance Fraud Detection Solutions: Property and Casualty Insurance, 2022 Edition.
- Analyst Report Celent: Insurance Fraud Detection Solutions: Health Insurance, 2022 EditionSAS was named a Luminary in Celent's Insurance Fraud Detection Solutions: Health Insurance, 2022 Edition, excelling in both Advanced Technology and Breadth of Functionality.
- Article Are you covering who you think you’re covering? Payers often don't focus enough on healthcare beneficiary fraud in public and private healthcare plans. Before paying a claim, payers need to ensure beneficiaries are eligible. Advanced analytics applied to a broad range of data can help them accurately detect and prevent beneficiary fraud.
- Article Insights Page Why banks need to evolve their approach to climate and ESG riskManaging environmental, social and governance (ESG) risk is important to banks, regulators, investors and consumers – yet there are many interpretations of how to do it. To thrive, organizations must evolve their risk management practices – including those affected by ESG risk.
- Customer Story Achieving regionwide IFRS 17 compliance for insurance reporting Tokio Marine Asia uses cloud-based SAS solution to attain complete, consistent compliance for insurance contracts across eight regional markets.