Sustainability Management for Higher Education
Track, communicate and educate on sustainability
Duke University's Sustainability Office, in partnership with SAS, is assisting in the development of a solution for its GHG inventory and AASHE STARS assessment so that sustainability staff members can focus more of their time on achieving sustainability successes.
How SAS® Can Help
Institutional performance now requires sustainability measures across educational, research, curriculum and administrative factors, which in turn requires the vital steps of integrating and analyzing data. Through the insight achieved from SAS data integration and advanced analytics, the ability to take decisive action is how educational stakeholders can make an immediate impact on this global imperative:
- Measure institutional sustainability activities using education-oriented methodologies and protocols (AASHE, ACUPCC, GRI). You can trust the quality of data and resulting analysis from SAS' award-winning data integration and analytics capabilities, which leverage your existing investments in operational systems and databases.
- Report ongoing performance to ensure transparency with institutional constituents and with organizations such as the ACUPCC. By establishing an integrated, consistent source of quality information, you can bind initiatives to a common sustainability framework that allows alignment across all areas of the institution from student engagement and education to institutional administration and local communities.
- Improve performance and reduce costs by identifying the metrics that have the greatest impact on goal attainment so you can make the most informed strategic decisions. Apply the power of SAS optimization, forecasting and data mining capabilities to analyze scenarios and run simulations to pinpoint the best strategies for your institutions.
- Manage and forecast the finances and resources needed to achieve the desired outcomes across the enterprise and within each department. Prioritize institutional strategies and align funding for innovation, environmental program development and faculty and students accordingly. Establish scorecards and strategy maps driven by the sustainability goals of the institution.
How SAS® Is Different
As the leader in business analytics, SAS is the critical enabler that allows you to meet your environmental and social objectives:
- SAS modeling capabilities go beyond traditional carbon accounting with predictive analytics.
- SAS for Sustainability Management is the broadest application of solutions in the market.
- SAS provides embedded data integration to connect to building management systems, environmental data systems or utility flat files.
- Only SAS offers an integrated platform for business analytics that provides performance management initiatives.
- SAS offers predefined sustainability performance management frameworks.
- SAS' analytic capabilities give insight into costs and cost drivers, as well as the financial impacts of green initiatives.
At SAS, we recognize that environmental sustainability is a continuous effort that requires prudent use and preservation of our natural resources. Please view our Corporate Social Responsibility site for more information on SAS' commitment to sustainability.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® OnDemand for Education: Sustainability Management
For institutions struggling to calculate and report on their energy footprint, SAS offers a hosted and Web-based solution, SAS OnDemand for Education: Sustainability Management, to give higher education institutions the ability to easily track, manage and communicate their sustainability efforts and strategies.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.