A single application for reporting, data exploration and analytics.
See the big picture – and underlying connections.
Quickly spot important relationships in your data using suggestions and clearly identified related measures. Use machine learning and natural language explanations to find, visualize and narrate stories and insights that are easy to understand and explain. Find out why something happened, examine all options and uncover opportunities hidden deep in your data. Automatically highlight key relationships, outliers, clusters and more to reveal vital insights that inspire action.
Turn seeing into understanding with dynamic visuals.
Create stunning interactive reports and dashboards. Quickly summarize key performance metrics and share them via the web and mobile devices. Executives and front-line staff can quickly interact with and collaborate on insights, slice and dice them to find their own answers, and better understand business performance.
Get answers backed by data, results driven by insight.
Easy-to-use predictive analytics enables even business analysts to assess possible outcomes and make smarter, data-driven decisions – no programming required. Smart algorithms reduce the need for manual experimentation. And you can work collaboratively with experts to focus on what’s most relevant.
Add the 'where' to the 'what.'
Add geographical context to your analyses and visualizations by combining traditional data with location data. Location analysis brings the “where” dimension to the forefront so you can analyze data in new ways to get the full picture before making decisions while identifying location-specific opportunities.
Streamline the discovery process.
Self-service data preparation gives business users the ability to import their own data, join tables, apply data quality functions, create calculated columns and more – all with drag-and-drop ease. By empowering users to access, combine, clean and prepare their own data in an agile – and trusted – way, SAS Visual Analytics facilitates faster, broader adoption of analytics for your entire organization.
Gain chat-enabled insights.
An intuitive, low-code visual interface enables you to create and deploy custom, natural language chatbots. Get text responses, access data, reports and visualizations, and even apply analytics and AI through a natural language, conversational interface. Configure bots within the SAS environment for easier access to insights, or connect to external services to roll them out to the world. Now getting insights from data is as easy as sending a message.
Leverage the best of both platforms.
Use Microsoft productivity tools from Microsoft 365 for seamless access to analytics from SAS. Drill down into your data, access and interact with reports in SAS Visual Analytics and embed insights in your Microsoft applications like Excel and Outlook. Then share them with your closest collaborators.
SAS Visual Analytics wins 'Users Love Us' badge from G2.
Interactive reporting. Visual discovery. Self-service analytics. Scalability and governance. All from a single, powerful in-memory environment.
Check out these SAS Visual Analytics interactive demos to see how quickly and easily you can explore and understand data to resolve a variety of industry and business issues.
- Utilities Water Consumption & QualityMonitor the quality and consumption of this critical natural resource.
- Retail Retail InsightsAnalyze regional store performance, and make data-driven decisions about retail business functions.
- Communications Network PerformanceMonitor customer experience and cell tower performance to safeguard brand reputation and customer loyalty.
- Banking Banking & Risk InsightsGet a holistic view of risk and performance across regions, down to the individual counterparty level.
Explore More on SAS Visual Analytics and Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- White Paper
- Customer Story Improving data collection and modeling to accelerate predictive medicine effortsDompé farmaceutici uses SAS for predictive analytics and quantitative disease modeling.
- Customer Story Enhancing road safety with advanced analyticsBelgium’s FPS Justice uses insights from SAS Visual Analytics to crack down on excessive speeding and take more effective action against traffic violators.
- Customer Story Ensuring public transparency and one-stop access to crime data and analysisThe North Carolina Criminal Justice Analysis Center uses SAS Viya on SAS Cloud to improve data accessibility and efficiencies in gathering and reporting state and county criminal justice statistics to stakeholders, policymakers and citizens.
- Customer Story Making prisons and communities safer with data visualizationIowa Department of Corrections uses SAS Viya on SAS Cloud to better manage supervised populations, make informed decisions and improve public safety.
- Article Are you good at scoring?Credit scoring is the foundation for evaluating clients who apply for a loan (or other types of exposure for the bank). It is not unusual for it to take up to 12 months to build and deploy a new credit scoring model. Reforming the process will help minimize losses, increase earnings and reduce operational risk.
- Customer Story Hitting the jackpot with a new analytics strategyFoxwoods Resort Casino relies on SAS Viya to determine optimal staffing, enhance the guest experience and maximize profits.
- Customer Story One of the largest multi-sport clubs in Portugal aims to win big with analyticsSport Lisboa e Benfica modernizes its operations with SAS Analytics, as it looks to expand internationally.
- Customer Story Norway’s largest telecommunications, media and technology provider adapts to rapidly changing customer expectations using a hybrid cloud approachTelenor relies on SAS Viya on Azure and SAS Customer Intelligence 360 to provide fast, personalized customer service based on real-time analytics.
- Customer Story Analytics helps major public health system run efficient programs and improve patient careThe Los Angeles County Department of Health Services relies on advanced analytics from SAS to meet federal regulations, ensure financial viability and better serve a diverse population of more than 10 million people.
- Customer Story AIA Group collaborates with SAS to embark on the IFRS 17 JourneySAS Solution for IFRS 17 rolled out for AIA in parallel run across major Asian markets.
- Customer Story It’s all in the research: Using AI to solve issues in health careWith the University of Alberta's new health data management and analysis platform, DARC, it can now increase research capacity and provide high-performance computing and data storage in a secure environment. SAS provided the university software to help make its platform thrive amidst a global pandemic.
- Customer Story Fishing for the freshest data: Leading the global seafood market with analyticsThe Norwegian Seafood Council uses SAS to give Norwegian fish exporters a competitive advantage.
- Customer Story Analytic models spotlight risky loansItaly’s Ministry of Economy and Finance uses advanced analytics on SAS Viya to quickly calculate risk on financial guarantees.
- Customer Story Italy’s second-largest hospital uses advanced analytics for effective pandemic responseGemelli University Hospital uses SAS solutions to predict admissions of patients in the intensive care units and impacts on the organization, from staffing hospital wards to effectively scheduling and managing COVID-19 vaccine administration.
- Customer Story Finland’s top retail bank applies AI to improve customer service and credit scoringS-Bank provides better customer service and faster, more accurate loan processing time using SAS Viya on Azure.
- Customer Story Real-time analytics helps telecom provider adapt to changing customer needs during global pandemic and beyondTelefónica Ecuador accelerates digital transformation, improves campaigns and achieves growth via intelligent decisioning powered by SAS.
- Customer Story Recovering millions of dollars in fraudulent insurance claims via advanced analyticsThe North Carolina Department of Insurance runs its Insurance Crimes Investigation System in the SAS Cloud to better detect fraud and track investigations from intake through prosecution.
- Customer Story Transforming the consumer banking experience through advanced analyticsCIMB Singapore uses SAS Viya to enhance business operations and keep pace with changing customer needs.
- Customer Story Delivery company relies on analytics to optimize logistics and swiftly meet changing marketplace dynamicsRelais Colis reinvents itself during global pandemic using SAS Visual Analytics to ensure continuity of business and quality of service.
- Customer Story Providing a smooth transition for military veteransThe Institute for Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University uses data and analytics to serve those who have served their country.
- Customer Story Reaching 3.6 million football fans via comprehensive marketing analyticsThe Royal Dutch Football Federation relies on SAS Customer Intelligence 360 to better understand what motivates players and fans, engage audiences with personalized communications, and promote the love of the game.
- Customer Story Analytics helps ensure fair and balanced pay structures across Sweden’s public sectorTietoEVRY and SAS partner to help Sweden's largest employer organization, Adda, offer a nationally aggregated salary planning tool for municipalities and regions across the country.
- Customer Story Travel and tourism forecasts become more accurate with analyticsDER Touristik builds web-based planning tool with SAS to better predict future demand and quickly react to changes in the market.
- Customer Story Community outreach and support for COPD patients enhanced through natural language processing and machine learningText analytics and sentiment analysis from SAS help the COPD Foundation provide health resources and emotional support for patients and caregivers.
- Customer Story A data-driven approach to whole person careRiverside County relies on data integration and analytics from SAS to improve the health and well-being of vulnerable Californians.
- Customer Story Smart city uses analytics and IoT to predict and manage flood eventsThe Town of Cary, NC teams up with SAS and Microsoft Azure to protect citizens from flooding, safeguard watersheds and support environmentally sound development.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Multimodal Predictive Analytics & Machine Learning, Q3 2020.Forrester report states that products evaluated are SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning and SAS® Model Manager.
- Customer Story Using artificial intelligence to decode dance patterns of beesAmesto NextBridge and Beefutures use visual analytics and machine learning to help protect and support healthy bee populations.
- Customer Story Ensuring mental health patient safety during a global pandemicSAS delivers dashboard to monitor COVID-19 in the Copenhagen Regional Psychiatric Centers.
- Article From living on the streets to owning a profitable businessZoe Empowers, a ministry for vulnerable children living in life-threatening poverty in Africa and India, finally found a way to measure and reveal its incredible impact. Using SAS, they developed an "empowerment index" that measures improvements in housing, health, education and more for program participants.
- Customer Story Prison violence dramatically drops with analytics-based risk assessmentThe Indiana Department of Correction uses real-time data and predictive analytics from SAS to reduce violent attacks on staff by 50%.
- Customer Story Funding for ground-breaking childhood cancer research fueled by analyticsThe Kids’ Cancer Project uses SAS to improve fundraising efforts for vital cancer research.
- Customer Story Building materials leader optimizes production using analyticsUSG Corporation relies on SAS to improve its manufacturing process and reduce downtime, costs and energy consumption.
- Customer Story Cancer treatment enters a new era with artificial intelligenceAmsterdam UMC uses analytics and AI solutions from SAS to increase speed and accuracy of tumor evaluations.
- Customer Story A model of institutional research champions the value of analytics for allOklahoma State University uses SAS to create an analytics culture and increase student success.
- Customer Story Strengthening communities with analytics in the cloudNonprofit consulting firm CNM uses SAS Visual Analytics on Amazon Web Services to help other nonprofit organizations measure and communicate the impact of their work.
- Customer Story Predictive analytics and AI deliver a winning fan experience The Orlando Magic uses mobile app data and machine learning to personalize marketing campaigns and analyze game data.
- Customer Story Forecasting accuracy brings ‘new energy’ to CameroonEnergy supplier Eneo balances supply and demand to boost efficiency, save millions and improve reliability with SAS Energy Forecasting.
- Customer Story Artificial intelligence and IoT analytics keep aircraft operational for crucial missionsLockheed Martin revolutionizes aircraft maintenance with SAS Analytics and AI solutions.
- Customer Story Property experts open analytics to new marketsNVM enhances real estate analytics with SAS Viya open architecture.
- Customer Story Boosting institutional research with data governance and self-service reportingThe University of Idaho invests in SAS to give administrators access to trusted, insight-rich data.
- Customer Story Next-day deliveries in hand with analyticsParcel delivery company Relais Colis adapts to online shopping revolution by using SAS Visual Analytics to automate reporting, shorten delivery times.
- Customer Story Finding your best customers with machine learningSeacoast Bank enhances customer value using AI and SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya.
- Customer Story Automated laboratories improve uptime with analyticsPredictive service and maintenance keeps Siemens Healthineers lab tests running on time.
- Customer Story University aces data strategy to retain more studentsBetter student outcomes, million-dollar savings just the beginning for the University of North Texas.
- Customer Story Making faster, better lending decisionsLocal Government Federal Credit Union sees efficiency gains with SAS.
- Customer Story Zeroing in on property values with machine learningArtificial intelligence improves assessment accuracy and productivity in Wake County.
- Customer Story Digital retailer bags record sales with analyticsShop Direct delivers award-winning, personalized customer experiences with SAS.
- Customer Story Building supplier nails inventory managementTravis Perkins uses supply chain analytics from SAS to optimize inventory across its 2,000 stores.
- Customer Story Hope, armed with answers, can overcome hardshipWhen their world was shaken, the people of Nepal turned to IOM. And IOM turned to SAS. With SAS Visual Analytics, shelter was provided to displaced families.
- Customer Story Hands-on analytics training prepares students for real worldSAS powers analytics lab at the University of Alabama to connect students with potential employers.
- Customer Story Self-service analytics advances higher educationThe University of Central Florida depends on analytics and data visualization to uncover insights for increased student success.
- Customer Story Smart data exploration advances K-12 public education programsThe South Carolina Department of Education depends on SAS to analyze data and properly fund and serve its school districts.
- Customer Story Analytics powers anti-money laundering effortsSAS helps Landsbankinn reduce false positives and streamline investigation.
- Customer Story Achieving academic and operational excellence through business intelligenceCurtin University uses SAS Visual Analytics to provide reporting across the organization.
- Customer Story A new banking philosophy for enhanced customer loyaltyData-driven decisions help Royal Bank of Scotland transform its organizational processes, improve employee engagement and deliver excellent customer service.
- E-Book Improving Customer ExperienceEveryone makes better decisions with easy access to powerful, interactive analytics – no matter the size of the business. This e-book profiles seven organizations that are using self-service data visualization and exploration to make big improvements in the way they work.
- Customer Story University uses analytics to ensure student successWestern Kentucky University uses data visualization and advanced analytics to make informed decisions.
- Customer Story Making debt collection less painfulData visualization and analytics help DirectPay improve client relationships, better manage risk and maximize repayment potential.
- Customer Story Improving patient care and reducing costs with visual analyticsGelderse Vallei Hospital brings data analysis directly to medical staff.
- Customer Story Using Hadoop and SAS for network analytics to build a customer-centric telecom serviceOTE Cosmote analyzes vast amounts of data to enhance customer experience, service and loyalty.
- Customer Story Better reporting yields better understanding of risk managementSAS Visual Analytics helps Erste Bank Croatia tackle diverse data for accurate analysis.
- Customer Story Valencia College uses data-driven approach to improve outcomes in higher educationSAS Visual Analytics empowers administrators to easily manage enrollment, and adjust class availability and resources to help students succeed.
- E-Book Augmented Analytics: The secret ingredient to better business intelligenceAugmented analytics breaks down the limitations of business intelligence (BI) and brings forward insights from data using AI and machine learning.
- Webinar What Does It Mean to Administer SAS Visual Analytics?In this webinar, you’ll learn how to cover the SAS Platform and SAS Visual Analytics administration at a foundational level.
- Webinar Dashboarding in SAS Visual Analytics with Data Science in Mind If you want to fully take advantage of SAS® Visual Analytics – and provide a compelling visual data story for your audience – embrace what data science can do.
- Webinar Getting Started With Geo Analysis in SAS® Visual AnalyticsSeeing is believing. Learn the geo analysis capabilities available in SAS Visual Analytics, available out of the box and through Esri integration.
- Webinar How Do I Get the Most From AI-Enhanced BI With SAS Visual Analytics for SAS Viya?Join SAS expert Ted Stolarczyk as he demonstrates the AI-enhanced business intelligence features – baked right in the latest release of SAS Visual Analytics for SAS Viya.
- Webinar SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya: Getting StartedIt offers data discovery and reporting through a single, easy-to-use interface.
- Webinar SAS Visual Statistics on Viya: Getting Started Quickly create predictive models through the visual point-and-click interface or through programming using SAS Studio or other programming interfaces.
- Webinar How Do I Prepare My SAS Visual Analytics Deployment on SAS 9 for Adobe Flash End of Life?Learn how to prepare your SAS Visual Analytics deployment on SAS®9 for the Flash end of life on Dec. 31.
- Webinar How Can I Visualize Global COVID-19 Survey Data?Analytics can be a tool in the fight against COVID-19. Learn to prepare data for analysis and how to create reports from your data using SAS® Visual Analytics.
- Webinar Take Your SAS® Visualizations to the Next LevelJoin this webinar to learn how to create visualizations in a low code/no code manner and how you can share them via different channels.
Check out these products and solutions related to SAS Visual Analytics.
- Data Science With SAS® Viya®Take advantage of self-service AI and machine learning capabilities within a flexible, centralized environment that spans the analytics life cycle.
- SAS® Conversation DesignerBuild custom natural language chatbots through an intuitive, visual interface – low/no coding needed.
- SAS® for Microsoft 365Get seamless access to analytical insights by using Microsoft 365 applications alongside SAS Viya.
- SAS® Visual ForecastingGenerate large numbers of reliable forecasts – quickly and automatically – in an open environment.
- SAS® Visual InvestigatorAddress a wide variety of intelligence analysis and investigation management needs with speed and precision.
- SAS® Visual StatisticsCreate and modify predictive models faster than ever using a visual interface and in-memory processing.