A business-oriented approach to drive measurable value rapidly from machine learning and artificial intelligence.
What do you like most?
Click to reveal the response
Time to realized value.
What do you dislike most?
Click to reveal the response
The biggest problem we've faced is the perception of SAS products being legacy vs. the cloud native offerings. This perception is not grounded in reality based on our experience.
Quotes from a Director of Data Insights in the Finance Industry
Explore More SAS Resources
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select resource type
- Analyst Report
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- Customer Story Customer engagement blooms with analytics and AIInnovative marketing campaigns lead to improved customer retention and loyalty at 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc.
- Article Discover a secret resource for working with cloud providersAre you overwhelmed by the hundreds of options and offers in the cloud? Are you finding it hard to select the best cloud services from the different cloud providers? Why not ask a neutral and informed third party for help?
- Customer Story A data-driven approach to whole person careRiverside County relies on data integration and analytics from SAS to improve the health and well-being of vulnerable Californians.
- Customer Story Advanced simulations and ‘stress-proof’ models help digital bank successfully navigate uncertain scenariosBanca Progetto relies on predictive analytics and a cloud-first approach to mitigate risk, better serve clients and plan for the future.
- Customer Story Analytics helps ensure fair and balanced pay structures across Sweden’s public sectorTietoEVRY and SAS partner to help Sweden's largest employer organization, Adda, offer a nationally aggregated salary planning tool for municipalities and regions across the country.
- Article Can data sharing lead to cancer discoveries?Clinical trials can bring new drugs – and new hope – to the market for cancer patients. Now, a new data sharing platform for clinical trial data brings even more hope.
- Article Streaming data: The ins and outs of this technology buzzwordLearn what streaming data is, why it matters to your business and how it relates to big data, event stream processing, data management and the IoT.
- Article Inside sports analytics: Ten lessons for business leadersPost "Moneyball" many sports teams take a highly analytical approach to winning, and there are several important lessons that businesses can learn. These 10 tips come from research Thomas H. Davenport conducted on more than 25 professional teams.
The Machine Learning Primer
This e-book provides a primer on machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing and cognitive computing, as well as 10 best practices and a checklist for machine learning readiness.
- Customer Story Artificial intelligence yields breakthrough innovation in crop scienceBoragen partners with SAS to fight plant disease, protect crops and boost agricultural production sustainably.
- E-Book Transformational decision?Governments can incorporate AI-driven decisioning into existing business processes to take advantage of digital transformation benefits. Through automated processes, deeper insights and the ability to act quickly, governments can innovate service delivery, drive efficiency and help build a better future.
- Customer Story Building a culture of analytics empowers university to lead as an educational enterpriseFrom enrollment to graduation, the University of Texas at Arlington uses SAS Analytics for Education on Amazon Web Services to aid in analysis supporting student success and campus strategic decision making.
- Customer Story Predicting energy production with advanced analyticsSPG Dry Cooling uses advanced analytics from SAS to analyze the performance of its air-cooled condensers, enabling power plants to run more efficiently, improve maintenance planning and better forecast energy production.
- Customer Story Transforming mental health care in California, turning data into insight California's Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission uses analytics and data management to better serve residents and increase community well-being.
- White Paper Making the Case: The ROI of Demand ManagementThis paper shows how to determine the value of improving the credibility of the demand plan. Several templates are included to help in quantifying and documenting the return on investment.
- Article Seven tips for creating a self-service BI governance strategySelf-service BI and IT governance – sometimes the two seem at odds. Can they coexist peacefully? Live happily ever after? TDWI thinks so. They offer seven tips for creating a strategy that works for both.
- Interview How does a center of excellence really work?At the Cincinnati Insurance Companies, analytics is bridging the gulf between IT and business units and leading by example to form common measures and objectives.
- Article Amplify your data career with analyticsIf you're interested in a career in analytics, you'll need to consider if you have the temperament to match. Discover the questions you need to ask yourself, the first steps to set you on the right path and obstacles to avoid.
- Series Women in Analytics: Susan Weidner, IntrinsiQ Specialty SolutionsPractical advice for women interested in pursuing a career in analytics. Mentors were key for Weidner, now a Senior VP at IntrinsiQ Specialty Solutions.
- Series Women in analytics: Susan Thomas, GM FinancialWhen Susan Thomas graduated with a technical degree in the 80s, everyone assumed she'd teach. Instead, she became a coder and programmer.
- Video How machine learning can provide customers with more relevant offersIn this video, industry influencer Daniel Newman offers his perspective on ways machine learning can be used to enhance customer experiences.
- E-Book Innovation driven by strategyFrom curing diseases to studying the sun, innovative uses of analytics are changing the world. Download this e-book to see where tomorrow’s technologies are happening today.
- E-Book Fearless Decision? The most successful banks of the future will be those who can see their customers as individuals, appreciate their unique journeys and make decisions accordingly — across all associated business functions.
- Customer Story Using artificial intelligence to better engage with customersDaiwa Securities uses analytics and machine learning from SAS to better meet customer needs.
- Customer Story Finding your best customers with machine learningSeacoast Bank enhances customer value using AI and SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya.
- Customer Story Improving the fan experience with machine learningAEG Sports uses SAS® advanced analytics on Microsoft Azure to remain agile during uncertain times and plan for the ‘new normal’ of spectator sports.
- Customer Story Personalization is key in telecommunications. And analytics the natural solution.Telenor Norway uses SAS Analytics to enhance business decisions and continuously adapt to customers’ needs.
- White Paper How the first mile of consumer goods can fight climate changeInnovation via digital transformation in agriculture and consumer packaged goods presents a unique opportunity to capture sustainability and move toward scalable, market-driven improvements in the air, soil and water.
- Customer Story Vorausschauende technische Diagnosen
- Customer Story Ensuring mental health patient safety during a global pandemicSAS delivers dashboard to monitor COVID-19 in the Copenhagen Regional Psychiatric Centers.
- Customer Story A model of institutional research champions the value of analytics for allOklahoma State University uses SAS to create an analytics culture and increase student success.
- Customer Story Smart city uses analytics and IoT to predict and manage flood eventsThe Town of Cary, NC teams up with SAS and Microsoft to protect citizens from flooding, safeguard watersheds and support environmentally sound development.
- Customer Story SAS meets Web-App: Das Planungstool der DER TouristikSAS meets Web-App: Das Planungstool der DER Touristik
- Article SAS CIO: Why leaders must cultivate curiosity in 2021With the change we’re all facing this year, CIOs should be counting on curiosity to play a crucial role in how we’re going to meet the challenges that lie ahead. From the moment COVID-19 hit, our IT organization has relied on curiosity – that strong desire to explore, learn, know - to fuel the urgent changes required. And it’s curiosity that will enable us to meet the needs of the future of work post-pandemic.
- Interview Data visualization: A wise investment in your big data futureData visualization technologies can help the practice of data-driven decision making really take hold. But putting data visualization software in the hands of business users? Is it crazy – or crazy smart?
- Customer Story Travel and tourism forecasts become more accurate with analyticsDER Touristik builds web-based planning tool with SAS to better predict future demand and quickly react to changes in the market.
- White Paper Accelerate Open Source Forecasting With SAS®By running open source forecast models with SAS, organizations can build upon their existing open source strategies in an agile, efficient and highly scalable way.
- Article Student growth measures show the way to educational successStudent test scores don’t tell the whole story about how students are performing. Educators are finding new ways to measure progress.
- Article The opportunity of smart grid analyticsWith smart grid analytics, utility companies can control operating costs, improve grid reliability and deliver personalized energy services.
What Are You Hiring For?
Midsize companies have a lot to offer that large companies don’t, but misconceptions, resource and time constraints unique to midsize businesses make the acquisition of analytic talent more difficult. Could the problem be with your talent management practices?
- White Paper How AI Changes the RulesReaping the benefits of AI will require changes in workplace structures, technology strategies and technology governance. Read on to learn more about the changes that leaders must prepare for to successfully implement trusted AI.
- White Paper ModelOps: Maximizing Value Across the Analytics Life CycleLearn how “ModelOps,” an emerging analytics methodology, can help organizations operationalize the full analytics life cycle at scale.
- White Paper Using a Hybrid Open Source and Commercial Analytics EcosystemAs more companies make the move to advanced analytics such as machine learning, they will need to decide whether to use open source, commercial products, or a combination of the two. An analysis in this TDWI report shows there are benefits to utilizing both.
- White Paper Faster Insights from Faster DataExamines where organizations are facing barriers to getting relevant data into the right condition for analytics, for developing artificial intelligence (AI) programs, and for delivery to users who need insights in time to solve business problems.
- E-Book Innovation: From data to businessReport on findings from a global expert interview study on the topic of analytics driven innovation; Peer insights to help navigate the journey from data to innovation.
How To Use Analytics to Create Health Care Value: An Executive Primer
US health care reform has digitized health care. Analytics holds promise in creating value from the growing stores of health care data but what are the critical executive considerations for applying analytics strategically? This paper presents how to tap into the great potential to use analytics to fish for insight from your growing data lakes.
Analytics Across the Student Life Cycle
Why higher education institutions need to implement data integration, data visualization and analytics solutions. It then shares best practices for applying these technologies across the student life cycle and examples of how schools are using these technologies to improve decision making.
Text Analytics 2014: User Perspectives on Solutions and Providers
This report looks at why and how text analytics has found success in industries such as consumer-facing businesses, public administration and government, life sciences and scientific research. It also shares the findings of a comprehensive market study focused on user experiences with the technology.
How to Take AI Projects From Start to Win
The four pillars of starting a successful AI program and examples of how other organizations have taken their AI projects from start to finish.
- White Paper AI Momentum, Maturity & Models for Success: Focus on SingaporeAdvances in data and analytics have enabled early adopters of AI to grow beyond experiments and quick hits and provide examples for paths to success with AI.
- White Paper AI Momentum, Maturity and Models for SuccessSAS, Intel and Accenture, working with Forbes Insights, surveyed business leaders and interviewed thought leaders around the world to identify early adopters and uncover emerging best practices for AI. Find out what they had to say.
The 3 R’s of AI Adoption: Refactor, Reinvent, Reimagine
Learn how organizations are using AI to refactor, reimage and reinvent business as usual. Understand the relative impacts on business process, analytics and data practices, and DevOps at each level of adoption.
- White Paper AI for the CIO: 10 Tips for SuccessSAS Whitepaper: 10 tips for the CIO who is knee-deep in digital transformation projects that require deploying AI models at an enterprise scale.
Ahead of the game
Learn how professional sports teams win fans and games with analytics.
- White Paper Heavy Reading: Advanced Predictive Network AnalyticsHeavy Reading reveals how predictive analytics gives service providers real-time visibility into their networks – boosting revenue potential and ensuring more satisfied customers, better targeted marketing, fine-tuned capacity planning and top-notch service assurance.
Assessing Your Business Analytics Maturity: Eight Metrics That Matter
SAS conducted a benchmark survey of more than 260 US companies across all industries to determine each organization’s proficiency across the key metrics. The results of this survey are presented in this paper to provide guidance for short- and long-term efforts needed to enhance analytical effectiveness.
Analytical Execution for Today's Mid-Sized Enterprise
An Aberdeen Group research report
- Article Bringing data to the streamHow much do we know about fresh water systems and the dynamic nature of streams and rivers? Find out how one data scientist turned his fascination with streams and rivers into a career.
- Article Detect and prevent banking application fraudSince credit fraud often starts with a falsified application, it makes sense to have analytics-driven tools in place to detect fraud from the earliest point and across the life of the account.
- Article Understanding data in motionLearn how to analyze fast-moving data streams on the fly with event stream processing.
- Article Making sense of streaming data in the Internet of ThingsThe Internet of Things has changed our lives forever. Read about how streaming data in IoT works, and why it has caused such a shift in the analytics world.
- Article The untapped potential in unstructured textText is the largest human-generated data source. It grows every day as we post on social media, interact with chatbots and digital assistants, send emails, conduct business online, generate reports and essentially document our daily thoughts and activities using computers and mobile devices.
- Article Analytics for all, all in one placeFrom Python to R and SAS to Spark, bring all of your analytics packages together with one trusted platform for analytics governance.
- Article Governed analytics and discovery: Balancing business user and IT needsTDWI provides seven steps for balancing IT governance needs with the expanding use of self-service BI and data discovery tools.
- Article How Walmart makes data work for its customersTips from the world's largest retailer on building an infrastructure that makes data work for its 240 million customers a week.
- Article What is omnichannel analytics?Omnichannel analytics used to mean recognizing and marketing to customers across all channels. Now, smart retailers know it can, and must, mean so much more.
- Article How openness can supercharge event stream analyticsWhat does openness do for event stream analytics? David Loshin shows how it helps you speed and govern the full streaming analytics life cycle.
- Article An executive’s guide to cognitive computingCognitive computing is the latest buzzworthy term that everyone seems to be talking about in the technology industry. But can machines really think?
- Article Five questions to help bridge the analytics gapEveryone is turning to analytics for a competitive edge. But the real advantage is in using analytics as a tool for exploration and innovation.
- Article Big data in educationA recent MIT Sloan Management report highlights how businesses are using analytics as a source of innovation – so are universities, says SAS' Georgia Mariani.
- Article The advanatges of an analytics cultureGen. Colin Powell and SAS experts focus on the topic of culture and how to change an organization’s DNA to meet the challenges of this brave, new analytics world.
- Article Operationalizing analytics: 4 ways banks are conquering the infamous ‘last mile’Here are four examples across the banking industry that show how these leading organizations followed a clearly defined path to conquer the infamous 'last mile' of analytics.
- Article Exploring the sun with big dataResearchers working for NASA are using automatic, exploratory and visual analysis of big data to help understand the mysteries of our universe.
- Article A guide to machine learning algorithms and their applicationsDo you know the difference between supervised and unsupervised learning? How about the difference between decision trees and forests? Or when to use a support vector algorithm? Get all the answers here.
- Article From Apollo to AI: A new era of American explorationAs we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, what’s the next frontier for American Innovation? It’s available now, from our desks and waits for us to unlock its potential.
- Article Applying technology to ensure voter integrity in electionsVoter integrity is becoming a serious concern for many elections. Recent disclosures of foreign influence campaigns using social media highlight the potential impact on the integrity of the democratic process. In monitoring your systems, technology can identify both legitimate and fraudulent activity; the balancing act is to minimize the impact on legitimate activity while preventing acts of cyber-criminals and fraudsters.
- Article How to drill a better hole with analyticsFrom drilling holes to preventing health care fraud, learn about some of the new technologies SAS has patented with IoT and machine learning technologies.
- Webinar How Do I Migrate SAS® Event Stream Processing Workloads to Microsoft Azure?Learn how SAS and Microsoft work together to seamlessly migrate SAS Event Stream Processing workloads to Microsoft Azure.
- Webinar SAS® Viya® and the cloud: How SAS is changing the game it inventedJoin this webinar to learn how to make the most of cloud migration with SAS Viya.
- Article Super-charge your fraud detection techniquesPreview a white paper by the International Institute for Analytics on how to evolve the fraud function from a set of fraud detection techniques to a cohesive, continuously improving system.
- Article 9 questions on in-memory analyticsWith in-memory analytics, data is stored on the disk but read into memory for faster analytical processing. What does this mean for your business? And how can you benefit? Find out the answers to these and other questions.
- Article Analytics for prescription drug monitoring: How to better identify opioid abusePrescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) are a great start in combating abuse of prescription drugs, but they could be doing much more. Better data and analytics can inform better treatment protocols, provider education and policy decisions – and save lives.
- Article Improve child welfare through analyticsWith tremendous potential for child welfare agencies to use data and analytics to prevent child abuse and improve outcomes for children and families, child welfare advocates discuss the benefits of using data and establishing a data-driven culture to advance practice and policy.
- Series Women in analytics: Elisa Gois, MGM ResortsElisa Gois, Chief Analytics Officer for MGM Resorts, went from social work to the C-suite. Here are her top four tips for a successful career in analytics.
- Case Study Thwarting disruption with strategic investments in innovationNational Australia Bank turns to innovative strategies, like hackathons, to find new solutions to emerging challenges.
- White Paper What Makes a Data Scientist Great?A collection of interviews with top data scientists, who talk about problem solving, creative approaches to data, tenacity and the surprising importance of relationships.
- White Paper Advanced Analytics: Moving Toward AI, Machine Learning, and Natural Language Processingadvanced analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing
- White Paper The Evolution of AnalyticsLearn about modern applications for machine learning, including recommendation systems, streaming analytics, deep learning and cognitive computing. And learn from the experiences of two companies that have successfully navigated organizational and technological challenges to adopt machine learning and embark on their own analytics evolution.
- Article Big data in government: How data and analytics power public programsBig data generated by government and private sources coupled with analytics has become a crucial component for a lot of public-sector work. Why? Because using analytics can improve outcomes of public programs.
- Series Use education dashboards to publicize the value of analyticsHow can education institutions show the effectiveness of their analytics and visualizations? Think about publicizing your key dashboards.
- Article Data lineage: Making artificial intelligence smarterFor AI to reach its full potential, the data feeding its algorithms and models needs to be well-understood. Data lineage plays a vital role in understanding data, making it a foundational principle of AI.
- Article Stopping the Zika virus: The potential of big data, analyticsHow do you stop global outbreaks? The answer may be in the data about the disease and how it spreads.
- Article Three C’s of the connected customer in the IoTTo optimize the connected customer experience, Blue Hill Research says organizations should build an IoT model based on three key features.
- Article 10 ways analytics can make your city smarter From child welfare to transportation, read 10 examples of analytics being used to solve problems or simplify tasks for government organizations.
- Article Smart cities, smart energy solutions – thanks to the IoTFind out how Envision America and CPS Energy are using the IoT and analytics to make cities smarter and transform energy programs.
- Article Machine learning and artificial intelligence in a brave new worldWhat is the interplay between man and machine in a brave new world with AI?
- Article Wanted: AI leadersDo you have what it takes to be an AI leader? In this growing field, people skills, innovation and ethics are more important than expertise in artificial intelligence technologies.
- Series A culture of evidenceTransforming US community colleges starts with analyzing the data that you have. Learn how leading schools are building an analytics ecosystem.
- Article From lab to lifeOnce you've created your analytical model, you need to put it to use. Here are tips from finance industry experts to get your models in the hands of users.
- Article Lessons from the trackDoes your organization have an analytics DNA? Here's a baker's dozen of tips for building a healthy, happy data-driven enterprise that can go the distance.
- Article What coaching a new driver and developing an analytics culture have in commonEight lessons that apply equally to nurturing an organization's analytics culture and instructing a young driver how to safely navigate the open road.
- Article The intersection of modern IT and advanced analyticsThornton May explains how IT groups are helping the business use analytics to adapt to the C-suite's need for a modern, agile and results-focused IT function.
- Article Analytics startup focuses on health care optimizationAnalyzing vast amounts of data is key to optimizing health care outcomes, improving patient satisfaction and lowering total costs.
- Series Data drives destinyUS community colleges need to train 11 million more skilled workers by 2025. Karen Stout, CEO, Achieving the Dream, explains how data can make it happen.
- Series Data drives destinyUS community colleges need to train 11 million more skilled workers by 2025. Karen Stout, CEO, Achieving the Dream, explains how data can make it happen.
- Series Data drives destinyUS community colleges need to train 11 million more skilled workers by 2025. Karen Stout, CEO, Achieving the Dream, explains how data can make it happen.
- Article Demand forecasting and the 7 habits of effective retailersWhy do some retailers consistently outperform others? Retail Systems Research reveals some key reasons and offers essential advice for those who want to become (or continue to be) winners.
- Article Why you should care about episode analyticsThe future of value-based health care requires a better understanding of how patients are treated for thousands of conditions. Only episode analytics can uncover the insights payers and providers need.
- Analyst Report Gartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Quality SolutionsSAS believes product innovation and trusted support are key to market growth for data quality solutions.
- Customer Story In der Pandemie den Überblick behaltenDas Robert Koch-Institut realisiert mit SAS eine Echtzeit-Übersicht zur Versorgungslage in der Intensivmedizin – in Zusammenarbeit mit der DIVI – der Deutsche Interdisziplinäre Vereinigung für Intensiv- und Notfallmedizin e.V. - und unterstützt durch PRODYNA SE.
- Article How health care leaders deployed analytics when crisis hitDuring the COVID-19 pandemic, some health care providers were well-positioned to respond to rapid changes in demand. The factor that most distinguished them was that they already had a strong capacity in place for using data to inform decisions. Read about three key takeaways from their experiences.
- Webinar Go-To List of SAS® Support ResourcesCut to the chase with our list of the most helpful SAS support resources.
- Webinar How Do You Promote Content Between Your SAS® Platforms?Learn the steps of moving content within SAS® Viya® and from SAS 9.4 to SAS Viya using promotion tools.
- Webinar PROC SQL or PROC FedSQL: Which Should a Programmer Use?Learn when and how to use PROC FedSQL and when it offers benefits over PROC SQL.
- Webinar Intro to Machine LearningAsk the Expert: Learn the definition of machine learning and see examples of specific machine learning techniques in SAS Enterprise Miner and SAS Viya.
- Webinar SAS® Quickstarts on Microsoft Azure for SAS® 9.4 and SAS® Viya®Learn how to quickly deploy SAS Viya alongside SAS®9 or SAS Grid in Microsoft Azure.
- Webinar What Makes a Successful Vehicle-to-Everything Data Exchange Platform Efficient and Effective?This webinar examines how to best harness advances in technology, sensors, IoT and big data to make connected and autonomous vehicles a reality
- Webinar What Are Best Practices for Using SAS® Survey Procedures?Learn how to utilize the power of SAS survey tools to design and analyze big survey data scientifically
- Webinar How Can I Save Time and Build Trust With My Data Preparation?Learn how to use AI and machine learning to save time and build trust in your data preparation techniques.
- Webinar Beyond Coronavirus: How Can the Government Do More With Less?Learn how government agencies stretch budgets and resources using data-driven technologies, including AI and machine learning
- Webinar Solving the Dilemma of Smart Things for IT LeadersDiscover the similarities between AI and IoT – and how together they help make organizations smarter, more innovative and more agile.
- Webinar How Do You Use SAS® to Access Data and APIs From the Web?Learn how to access data and APIs from internet sources, all from within your SAS programs.
- Webinar How Can I Visualize Global COVID-19 Survey Data?Analytics can be a tool in the fight against COVID-19. Learn to prepare data for analysis and how to create reports from your data using SAS® Visual Analytics.
- Webinar To Trust AI, Understand AITo successfully deploy AI, you must first become familiar with the lexicon and learn about the role of foundational concepts such as trust and ethics.
- Webinar Model Explainability Discover how you can see into the black box and explain what is happening with your algorithms.
- Webinar To Err is Human. So is AI.Learn how to manage uncertainty in AI by improving transparency and accountability.
- Webinar Why Do I Have Missing Data and How Do I Fix it?Learn how to handle missing values in your data.
- Webinar What’s New in SAS® Studio 5.2?Get an in-depth view of the SAS Studio 5.2 interface and utilities.
- Webinar How Do I Move SAS Applications to a Public Cloud?Learn how to get the best performance from SAS®9 and SAS® Viya® when hosted in any of the available public clouds.
- Webinar Q&A: Understanding the Spread of COVID-19 With Analytics and Data ScienceThis webinar features a conversation on contact tracing and population movement for better public health and policy decision making.
- Webinar Successful Demand Forecasting During the Uncertainty of COVID-19Learn how Quantworks and SAS helped a national consumer goods client adapt to swift changes in demand and create actionable forecasts in a time of unprecedented flux.
- Webinar How Do You Use Events to Improve Your Forecasts in SAS Viya Visual Forecasting?Learn how to use Events in SAS Visual Forecasting to have a simple but powerful tool to improve the accuracy of your forecasting models.
- Webinar Do your homework for a successful SAS9 to SAS Viya MigrationJoin experts from SAS, IBM Power Systems and Boemska and learn how to prepare for a successful migration on an architecture that meets your current and future needs.
- Webinar What Are the Top 10 Tips for SAS® Viya® Administrators?Learn the ins and outs of SAS Viya and make the most of the platform to help you do your best work.
- Webinar How Do I Integrate SAS® Viya® and Open Source?Use your programming skills to get the most out of SAS® Viya® in an open source interface that works for you
- Webinar Confidently Reopen Campus: Contact Tracing Strategies for Higher EducationThis webinar features a use case and discusses the role of data management and data visualization in reopening university campuses in the age of COVID-19.
- Webinar How Can I Run My DATA Step Programs in SAS Viya?Learn to use all your valuable programming skills in Viya.
- Webinar Beyond Grid and Random Search: Tuning Deep Learning Pipelines With Genetic AlgorithmsExpand access to the essential black-box optimization technique and the range of its potential applications.
- Webinar Beyond the Coronavirus: Technology’s Role in Building Resilient Health Care SystemsJoin us for this Economist Events webinar to examine ways policymakers can use AI and machine learning to help health care systems prepare for global emergencies.
- Webinar Data-Driven: Public Sector Fights COVID-19 With Data and Analytics This webinar focuses on the key roles data and analytics play in governments’ pandemic decision making, including creating real impact through contact tracing.
- Webinar How Can SAS Make Me a Premier Data Scientist?Join seasoned data scientists as they discuss lessons they've learned and skills they've perfected.
- Webinar How Cleveland Clinic Uses Medical Resource Optimization to Fight Pandemics Join experts from SAS and Teradata to learn how the Cleveland Clinic is using analytics to make insight-driven decisions to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Webinar Securing Growth for SMBs: How Analytics Makes a DifferenceJoin experts from SAS, Quantworks and the National Center for the Middle Market as they share insights on how SMBs can use analytics to drive business growth in any economy.
- Webinar Analytics to Fight Public Health ThreatsThis webinar discusses how data, analytics, epidemiological models and modernized contact tracing techniques can help safeguard public health.
- Webinar AI for Supporting Vaccine Adverse Event ReportingThis webinar is focused on using artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms to tackle big data related to vaccine development.
- Webinar How Communications & Media Brands Use AI to Thrive in the Never-NormalLearn how AI and automation can help communications providers and media companies adapt swiftly to major changes in demand, needs and market conditions.
- Webinar How Do I Get Started With SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning?Learn the components with a live demonstration.
- Webinar How Do I Get the Most From AI-Enhanced BI With SAS Visual Analytics for SAS Viya?Join SAS expert Ted Stolarczyk as he demonstrates the AI-enhanced business intelligence features – baked right in the latest release of SAS Visual Analytics for SAS Viya.
- Webinar Retail & COVID-19: Charting a Path Forward With AnalyticsHear how customers are navigating retail’s new challenges and charting a new path forward with analytics.
- Webinar Transportation Forecasting in the Age of Disruptive TechnologyThis webinar is focused on how disruptive technologies are affecting the transportation industry and how forecasting can improve operational efficiencies.
- Webinar Using New Tech to Break Down SilosLearn what companies are doing to communicate more effectively and make better decisions.
- Webinar Big Benefits, Scalable Price: The SAS Cloud-Based Clinical Platform for SMBs Learn how small-to-midsize pharmas, biotechs, medical device manufacturers and CROs can benefit from a compliant cloud-based solution to facilitate clinical trials.
- Webinar Building the AI-Powered OrganizationLearn how to make the most of the promise of AI across your entire organization.
- Webinar SAS Cloud – Supercharge Your SAS Development in MinutesJoin us for this webinar to learn how SAS developers can use SAS Cloud to provide exceptional value to their organizations faster and more easily than ever before.
- Webinar Creating PDF Reports That Meet Accessibility Compliance StandardsJoin us for this webinar to see how SAS® 9.4M6 lets programmers create PDF reports that fully meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 requirements.
- Webinar Creating Accessible Reports With SAS Visual Analytics in SAS ViyaJoin us for this webinar to learn how you design modern, interactive reports that meet the standards for digital accessibility.
- Webinar The Last (and Arguably Most Important) Mile of Machine Learning: Operationalizing Analytical ModelsLearn why integrating analytics as part of an operational business process is a critical step
- Webinar Breaking Down AI Capabilities for IT: What to Know About NLPLearn about the technical requirements of natural language processing through the lens of IT management.
- Webinar Solving the Analytics Puzzle From BI to AI: Illustrated SolutionsSee clear illustrations of how to combine analytics capabilities to solve any data-driven challenge.
- Webinar Prime the Pump: An approach for better assessment of risk issues and unstructured data Learn how AI capabilities can help you organize and analyze unstructured data to better assess – and avoid – risks facing your business.
- Webinar AI Snapshot: Three Key Developments Shaping AI Strategies Right NowTune in to hear AI experts unpack recent developments in AI and what they mean for software investments, resource allocation, talent recruitment and more.
- Webinar Breaking Down AI Capabilities for IT: What to Know About ForecastingLearn about the technical requirements of forecasting through the lens of IT management.
- Webinar Starting Your Cloud Analytics JourneyTake your analytics skills to new heights with this introduction to cloud analytics. Learn directly from expert Manish Jain of Stratacent.
- Webinar Artificial Intelligence With a Human TouchLearn how to use chatbots with artificial intelligence to create greater human resources efficiency and insight.
- Webinar Breaking Down AI Capabilities for IT: What to Know About Machine LearningLearn about the technical requirements of machine learning through the lens of IT management.
- Webinar 5 Ways to Maximize Your Analytics ROILearn how to effectively communicate the value of your analytics investments to ensure they get full credit for their positive affect on ROI.
- Webinar Analytics 101 – Part 3Join us for part three of our webinar series focused on the best practices for the application and deployment of predictive modeling.
- Webinar Machine Learning Models in SAS Event Stream Processing Discover how to use machine learning and streaming analytics to uncover insights and make real-time decisions.
- Webinar Breaking Down AI Capabilities for IT: What to Know About OptimizationHear from an IT Director about the technical requirements and major considerations for deploying optimization in your computing environment.
- Webinar Breaking Down AI Capabilities for IT: What to Know About Computer Vision and GPUsHear from an IT director about the technical requirements and major considerations for deploying and supporting computer vision.
- Webinar Let’s Get Visual: Are You Ready for Next-Gen Demand Planning?Learn how top brands are reinventing demand planning to make intelligent decisions and automation seamless across their data.
- Webinar How Top Brands Are Embracing Next-Gen Markdown OptimizationLearn how top retailers are using new technology to make intelligent decisions and automation seamless across their data.
- Webinar Determining the FATE of AIJoin us as we explore ways to consider AI fairness, accountability, transparency and ethics (FATE) and how to address these issues as you grow your AI strategy.
- Webinar Cluster Analysis: Introduction to Best PracticesJoin a SAS expert to learn some of the best practices to consider when doing cluster analysis, particularly when applied to customer relationship management.
- Webinar Cloud-Based Retail Analytics for Next-Gen Merchandise PlanningLearn how top brands are using new technology to make intelligent decisions and automation seamless across their data.
- Webinar Evidence-Based Decision Making With AnalyticsThis webinar, part of our "Analytics in 20" series, will take a look at how analytics helps health care agencies make the types of rapid, data-driven decisions needed to manage increasingly complex programs.
- Webinar Model Deployment and Management: What You Didn’t Learn About Machine Learning in SchoolCreate the most value from machine learning by establishing automated and collaborative model management and governance processes.
- Webinar Best Practices for Data Scientists and Analysts: Communicating Your ResultsThis webinar will introduce some of the best practices to consider when presenting your analytics findings to colleagues and decision makers.
- Webinar A Tour of SAS® Viya® Programming and Application Interfaces: A Forest Modeling Example Join us to learn how to accomplish the same forest modeling in SAS Viya using a variety of programming and application interface methods.
- Webinar Zeroing in on property values with machine learningJoin us for a webinar focused on how Wake County and SAS built cloud-based machine learning models to accurately forecast the housing market and property values.
- Webinar Solving the Analytics Puzzle From BI to AILearn how you can put together a picture of analytics that enables you to uncover deeper insights and deliver more value.
- Webinar Dashboarding in SAS Visual Analytics with Data Science in Mind If you want to fully take advantage of SAS® Visual Analytics – and provide a compelling visual data story for your audience – embrace what data science can do.
- Webinar Model Selection Techniques Into SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Enterprise MinerThis presentation will answer the what, why and how on model selection. We will take a look at the criteria and techniques used for model selection.
- Webinar Big Data and the Retail RevolutionLearn how retail pioneers around the world are turning to data and analytics to design customer experiences and unlock a new world of opportunity.
- Webinar Introduction to Hierarchical Linear Models Using PROC MIXEDThis presentation provides a conceptual understanding of hierarchical linear models and their appropriate use in the analysis of hierarchical data structures.
- Webinar Make Your Models Move OutJoin experts from SAS and Accenture to learn how to augment your own intelligence and improve uptime using scalable data integration and advanced analytics.
- Webinar SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya: Getting StartedIt offers data discovery and reporting through a single, easy-to-use interface.
- Webinar From Data Complexity to Data Cohesion: The Evolving Role of the Chief Data OfficerLearn how the CDO can lead the transition from merely collecting data to capitalizing on it
- Webinar SAS Optimization on SAS Viya: Getting StartedIn this presentation, you’ll get coding examples for linear programming, mixed integer linear programming, nonlinear programming and network optimization.
- Webinar Predicting Customer Value Using Advanced Analytics Learn how advanced analytics and predictive models give you a clear view of your customer’s lifetime value.
- Webinar Certification: AI and Machine Learning Professional Credential Overview Learn tips for success in earning the SAS® Certified AI and Machine Learning Professional credential.
- Webinar Finding the Sweet Spot: The Nexus of Data, Analytics and Business StrategyLearn how to clearly outline your data and analytics strategies – and then put them into action.
- Webinar IoT Analytics at the Edge: Faster, Cheaper and SmarterJoin experts from 451 Research, Dell Technologies and SAS to learn how to unlock the significant advantages of processing and analyzing data at the edge.
- Webinar An Artificial Intelligence Framework to Combat Human Trafficking How text analytics and visualization can shine a light on one of the most pressing human rights issues of our time.
- Webinar Synergize Your Tech Stack to Realize AI’s Full Potential Learn how organizations get exponential impact through a layered AI technology stack.
- Webinar Building the Foundation for Analytic SuccessLearn about organizational best practices for analytics and what it takes to build a thriving analytics culture.
- Webinar Analytics 101: Part 1Curious about how your small to midsize business could benefit from analytics but not sure where to start? This is the perfect webinar for you!
- Webinar Taking Microsoft Office From Good to GreatLearn how to use SAS to enhance the security, reporting and analytical capabilities of Office while eliminating data size restrictions.
- Webinar Taking IoT to the edge with the Analytics of ThingsTaking advantage of the Internet of Things means thinking about your analytics approach in a whole new way. This on-demand webinar explains how.
- Webinar Data Preparation Best Practice Approaches for Deriving Better Insights From AnalyticsExplore data preparation ideas to help drive better insights from analytics. This webinar is for data scientists, data engineers, data stewards and analysts.
- Webinar The promise of data fabrics for analytics and better decisionsDiscover how to make analytically driven decisions and realize the value of data assets.
- Webinar The Do’s and Don’ts of People AnalyticsJoin our experts as they share best practices and practical advice gleaned from helping hundreds of clients succeed with people analytics.
- Webinar SAS Viya Architecture and Data Movement: A SAS Programmer’s OverviewLearn about SAS Viya architecture and the benefits of in-memory data and scalable distributed computing.
- Webinar How AI and IoT Are Transforming ManufacturingJoin experts from SAS and mayato to learn how manufacturing operations can benefit from today's technologies, including artificial intelligence and the IoT.
- Webinar Leveraging APIs and DevOps With SASJoin us for a webinar and learn more about integrating data science into applications to improve your organizational effectiveness.
- Webinar Beyond Dashboards: Analytics in Action WebinarYou’ve got dashboards. So many dashboards. Some are even smart. What next?
- Webinar SAS Visual Forecasting on SAS Viya: Getting StartedJoin us for this webinar and learn how SAS Visual Forecasting on SAS Viya supports high-performance automated forecasting and how to start using it.
- Webinar Building Trust in Data and AI: How IT and Analytics Leaders Can Partner to Drive InnovationWhy cross-functional collaboration – especially between CIOs and analytics leaders – is key to maximizing the value of AI and analytics.
- Webinar Partner with SAS IoT: What’s In It for YouJoin experts from SAS and Advanced Information Management to learn how SAS works with other leading companies to deliver edge-to-enterprise value from your IoT data.
- Webinar Causal Inferences: An IntroductionData analysts and statisticians can learn how causal inference helps explain whether results can be attributed to a given cause in varied situations.
- Webinar The Importance of a Unified Decisioning Platform for Midmarket BanksLearn more about key industry trends and the shifting analytics landscape as midmarket banks seek to compete on digital transformation and customer experience.
- Webinar SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning: Getting StartedNew users will learn what SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning is, and what it can do.
- Webinar AI and Banking: Survey Reveals Success FactorsWhether you are a business or technology leader in banking, this must-attend webinar will give you a clearer, current, data-driven picture of the state of AI in banking and where it’s heading.
- Webinar SAS Certified Professional: AI & Machine LearningGet tips on AI technologies, from computer vision to forecasting and optimization.
- Webinar The Robots Are HereJoin us to learn how Deloitte and SAS can help empower public servants and drive mission success with robotic and intelligent automation.
- Webinar Introduction to Survival Data MiningThis webinar will discuss topics such as building models for time-dependent outcomes derived from customer event histories, accounting for competing risks and incorporating time-dependent covariates.
- Webinar Supercharge Your SAS: Moving From Desktops to ServersJoin us for a one-hour webinar and demo to find out how to amp up your SAS® solutions by moving from a desktop to servers for better performance, new features and improved functionality.
- Webinar Five Imperatives for the Analytic ExecutiveLearn what it takes to capitalize on the analytics economy and generate substantial business value.
- Webinar SAS Viya: Working With APIsExperienced and novice SAS users can join us to learn how and when to use APIs to run machine learning models in SAS Viya.
- Webinar Exploring the Evolution of Data Transparency and Its Impact on Patient Outcomes Join us as our expert guests explore the evolution of data transparency, the maturity and challenges of the movement today, and what’s in store for the future.
- Webinar The SAS Platform: The Power of Choice and Control Learn how the SAS Platform empowers you with choice and control, helping you uncover insights from any data for better, faster decisions.
- Webinar SAS Visual Statistics on Viya: Getting Started Quickly create predictive models through the visual point-and-click interface or through programming using SAS Studio or other programming interfaces.
- Webinar Get an integrated analytics platform for your midsized company in weeks with SAS Unified InsightsExperts from IDC, Core Compete and SAS will discuss best practices for the effective use of analytics and demo a fast, affordable and complete cloud deployment solution for midsize organizations.
- Webinar How the Brain of an AI/IoT System Processes Industrial IntelligencePeek inside the mind of the machine to learn how artificial intelligence and IoT technologies think.
- Webinar SAS Modeling Best Practices This session provides general guidelines for accessing and determining the best modeling methodology or methodologies for a given business issue.
- Webinar Optimizing Manufacturing Quality and Yield With SAS Analytics Join us to learn how SAS advanced analytics can help manufacturers identify leading causes of unwanted variation and recommend optimal set points to maximize quality.
- Webinar Machine Learning and SAS Viya Deliver Next-Generation Retail Assortment Optimization When it comes to optimizing localized assortments, innovative approaches using machine learning forecasts, basket analysis and transferable demand are essential.
- Webinar The Impact Series: Bringing AI to Life in Health and Life SciencesLearn about the latest breakthroughs and hear industry use cases where data and analytics are driving innovation and evolution in health and life sciences.
- Webinar Investigating Adverse Weather Effects on Electric Power DemandJoin experts from SAS and Solution Design Team to investigate the costs and benefits of traditional benchmarking weather normalization processes versus load normalization against the effects of weather.
- Webinar Have Your Cake and Eat It Too – With R, Python + SASJoin us for a webinar and demo and learn how SAS works with R and Python to easily scale your data science efforts for enterprise analytics deployment.
- Webinar SAS on Google Cloud Platform and Big QueryInnovative retail companies are moving analytics to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Big Query. How can you modernize SAS with a GCP cloud migration?
- Webinar 3 Ways Midmarket Banks Can Win Big With AnalyticsJoin us for this webinar and learn how midmarket banks can successfully apply customer analytics, marketing automation and predictive modeling at scale.
- Webinar Five AI Insights – And How Executives Can Use Them for Their AdvantageLearn insights, tips and proven practices from top leaders on the very front lines of the AI revolution.
- Webinar Artificial Intelligence of ThingsIn a world that has more connected devices than humans, see how AI amplifies the value and potential of the Internet of Things.
- Webinar Charging Ahead With EV AnalyticsExperts from SAS, Navigant and prominent energy firms discuss data’s role in unlocking value and managing risk in the future global EV market.
- Webinar Bridging the IoT Perception Gap: Information Technology vs. Operational TechnologyIn this primer on IT/OT, experts from HPE, SAS and Futurum Research will discuss the relationship, whether real or perceived, between these two collaborative groups in IoT.
- Webinar Real-Time Connected Customer Experiences – Easier Than You ThinkGrowth in today’s hyper competitive marketplace is driving intense focus on digitally transforming the customer experience – and for good reason.
- Webinar IoT: From the Enterprise to the Edge and BackJoin IoT experts from Cisco, Futurum Research and SAS as they discuss how to create an edge-to-enterprise IoT strategy in this 30-minute webcast.
- Webinar Improving Manufacturing Quality and Asset Performance With Industrial IoTDiscover how new real-time analytics approaches are driving next-generation manufacturing performance.
- Webinar Bring AI Capabilities to Life with Natural Language Processing and Text AnalyticsDiscover steps you can take to realize the promise of AI.
- Webinar Manufacturing Innovation Through AnalyticsA recent, multiyear study by the MIT Sloan Management Review uncovered new insights into the way innovation through analytics is changing manufacturing. From creating unprecedented efficiency and growth through real-time data analysis, to the development of new algorithms that augment processes and create innovative new business strategies.
- Webinar Analytics 101 – Part 2Join us for a deeper dive into analytics and learn how to use AI and machine learning techniques to gain meaningful insights from unstructured text.
- Webinar Trends in Marketing Analytics: Intro to Artificial Intelligence & Machine LearningFind out what you need to know about these new technologies and how they can help you make data- and metrics-driven marketing decisions.
- Article Analytics leads to lifesaving cancer therapiesA long-shot treatment offers hope to 10-year-old Harrison after he learns the DNA profile of his cancer is resistant to chemo. Find out how data and analytics play a role in cancer research and cancer treatments that are saving lives.
- Customer Story Community outreach and support for COPD patients enhanced through natural language processing and machine learningText analytics and sentiment analysis from SAS help the COPD Foundation provide health resources and emotional support for patients and caregivers.
- Article Internet of things applications across multiple industriesLearn about existing Internet of Things applications in five industries, and get advice on how to develop your own Internet of Things applications.
- Customer Story Solving crime in less time with analyticsDelaware State Police use law enforcement solutions from SAS to help identify suspects, crack cases and protect communities.
- E-Book What's Next for Life Sciences?The unique challenges of the coronavirus pandemic forced life sciences companies to respond to change more rapidly than ever before. Only the companies that are nimble, innovative and able to act quickly – while maintaining regulatory and scientific standards – will succeed in addressing the immediate needs of the crisis and beyond.
- E-Book Government and education: Leading through changeIn this e-book, SAS has collected the wisdom and stories of government and education leaders who are rising to the challenges of our times and applying analytics to drive evidence-based decision making. These stories are relevant across all sectors because they each share innovative new ways to respond to a changing landscape.
- Customer Story Partnership delivers powerful lessons for energy retailerRed Energy uses SAS Results to help launch its battery and solar operation.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Multichannel Marketing HubsSAS is a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Multichannel Marketing Hubs.
- Article Why pharmaceutical firms are investing in real-world evidenceTo get a compound or device to market – bench to bedside – may be an eight- ,12- or even 15-year process. Real-world evidence has a critical role at every step, particularly in the clinical trials process.
- Article Load Forecasting: Ensuring supply meets energy demandLoad forecasting helps energy suppliers meet demand for residential and commercial customers. As renewable energy resources increase, the necessity for a technology platform that adapts to load forecasting requirements becomes crucial.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Multimodal Predictive Analytics & Machine Learning, Q3 2020.Forrester report states that products evaluated are SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning and SAS® Model Manager.
- Customer Story Strengthening communities with analytics in the cloudNonprofit consulting firm CNM uses SAS Visual Analytics on Amazon Web Services to help other nonprofit organizations measure and communicate the impact of their work.
- Analyst Report Worldwide Big Data and Analytics Software Market Shares, 2019: Investment in Data Continues In this compilation of IDC reports, SAS is ranked No.1 in worldwide revenue in Advanced and Predictive Analytics Software, and in the top five for Artificial Intelligence Software Platforms, Analytic Data Integration and Intelligence Software, Services Operations Analytic Applications and Customer Relationship Analytic Applications.
- White Paper Four Elements of Sustainability AnalyticsDirectors at consumer-packaged goods manufacturers who embrace sustainability grow their revenue while improving lives and environmental outcomes.
- Analyst Report IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Advanced Machine Learning Platforms 2020 Vendor AssessmentSAS is a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Advanced Machine Learning Platforms 2020 Vendor Assessment.
- Customer Story The right fit in all the right waysLevi Strauss & Co. crafts better customer experiences through big data and analytics.
- Article Saving lives during a global pandemic through medical resource optimizationCleveland Clinic is operationalizing analytics to combat COVID-19, creating innovative models that help forecast patient volume, bed capacity, medical equipment availability and more.
- Article Finding COVID-19 answers with data and analyticsLearn how data plays a role in optimizing hospital resources, understanding disease spread, supply chain forecasting and scientific discoveries.
- Article Five ways your organization can enhance resilience for years to comeInnovation, agility and customer-centricity frequently top the list of companies’ strategic objectives, and now the most urgent priority is resilience. Given this new urgency, it’s worth taking a close look at the underpinnings of resilience and how they could be applied in any industry. This article explores how analytics can help boost resilience and includes key elements to keep your organization resilient.
- Article Resilience in the face of unpredictabilityUnpredictability can “shatter and reshape” a society. And in these unpredictable times, it is important to remain resilient and be prepared to bounce back. This article explores what it truly means to be resilient, how to build it, and how analytics can help you act when your resilience is tested.
- Customer Story Building materials leader optimizes production using analyticsUSG Corporation relies on SAS to improve its manufacturing process and reduce downtime, costs and energy consumption.
- Customer Story Cancer treatment enters a new era with artificial intelligenceAmsterdam UMC uses the SAS Platform and AI solutions to increase speed and accuracy of tumor evaluations.
- E-Book Formidable ForecastsWith artificial intelligence capabilities and traditional forecasting processes, it’s possible to create efficiencies by automating the production of large-scale time-series analyses and hierarchical forecasts.
- White Paper Analytics for Everyone: Seven Tips for Promoting Analytics AdoptionChecklist Report on democratizing analytics.
- E-Book Resilience: The best way to beat coronavirusTo be truly resilient means proactively seeking ways to ensure operational and financial stability no matter the circumstances. In this e-book, we explore digital transformation’s role in reimagining the world beyond COVID-19; how operational agility builds resilience; the five pillars of organizational resilience and more.
- Customer Story IoT data with artificial intelligence reduces downtime, helps truckers keep on truckingVolvo Trucks and Mack Trucks use sensor data and SAS AI solutions to minimize unplanned downtime.
- Customer Story Better customer service via machine learningAdvanced analytics helps Rogers Communications become more customer-centric, cutting customer complaints in half.
- Article Analytics. Fighting cancer for more than 40 years. Thanks partly to analytics, cancer survival rates are higher, treatments are more personalized and cancer research continues to expand.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Customer Analytics Technologies, Q3 2020.SAS® Customer Intelligence 360, which helps craft compelling next-best experiences tailored to wherever customers are in their journeys, is named a Leader in The Forrester Wave.
- Article Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- Article IoT in health care: Unlocking true, value-based careGiven the potential of IoT – and the challenges of already overburdened health care systems around the world – we can’t afford not to integrate IoT in health care.
- Article AI in banking: Survey reveals factors for successWhat do banking executives report about their experiences with AI? Where are they focusing today? What’s working? What are their plans for the future?
- E-Book Becoming a data-driven organizationLearn about the three foundations of becoming data-driven – data management, analytics and visualization – and how they can increase profitability, boost performance, raise market share and improve operations.
- Article A police force of our timeLike many countries, the crime and threats that Denmark faces are developing at a rapid pace. The police have to do more with fewer resources, just like the rest of the public sector. The police’s strong professional culture, which focuses on team spirit and on acting in dangerous situations, must be supplemented with new competences.
- Article Optimizing well placement to eliminate water poverty How data visualization is helping Water for Good bring fresh water to the Central African Republic.
- White Paper Holiday shopping secrets: Prices matter and pets are importantAttention retailers! It's time to celebrate. According to SAS Analytics, the holiday shopping season is shaping up to be a jolly one.
- Analyst Report IDC MarketScape: Worldwide General-Purpose Artificial Intelligence Software Platforms 2019 Vendor AssessmentThis IDC MarketScape evaluated general-purpose AI platforms. General-purpose artificial intelligence software platforms provide the functionality to analyze, organize, access, and provide advisory services based on a range of structured and unstructured information.
- E-Book Streaming analytics: Life happens fast. Are your analytics keeping up?Download this free e-book to find out what streaming analytics is, the unique opportunities it can address and five key success factors for planning your streaming analytics program.
- Customer Story Financial lender cuts third-party fraud by more than 80% with layered detectionAxcess Financial uses SAS Identity 360 to dramatically reduce fraud losses and boost customer satisfaction.
- Customer Story Forecasting accuracy brings ‘new energy’ to CameroonEnergy supplier Eneo balances supply and demand to boost efficiency, save millions and improve reliability with SAS Energy Forecasting.
- E-Book Governments leading through changeIn this e-book, SAS has collected the wisdom and stories of the government agencies that are rising to the challenges of our times and applying analytics to drive evidence-based decision making. These stories are pulled from every sector of government and are relevant across all sectors because they each share innovative new ways to respond to a changing landscape.
- Article Homelessness data holds insights to a hidden problemSAS partnered with The Carying Place, an organization that supports working homeless families, to find new ways to measure indicators of participant success and provide families the help they deserve.
- E-Book Accelerate and improve business outcomes with AIoTOrganizations across multiple industries are using AIoT to improve quality, maximize equipment performance, improve efficiencies and more. Download this e-book to find out how you can reap the same benefits.
- Article AI marketing: What does the future hold?AI marketing uses artificial intelligence and analytics to improve marketing results while enhancing customer experiences through real-time personalization.
- Article How to improve your AI marketing skillsMarketing teams can use current AI capabilities to enhance their efforts around campaign automation, dynamic pricing based on forecasting models, and by providing more relevant, real-time customer offers.
- White Paper Artificial Intelligence in Banking and Risk ManagementGlobal Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) and SAS survey drew more than 2,000 responses from across the financial services industry to answer questions about the current and future state of AI in risk.
- Article Contact tracing investigations for public health: Technology enhances epidemic investigationWhat was once a cumbersome process that relied on an individual’s often incomplete or inaccurate memory, contact tracing investigations for public health has entered the digital era thanks to advanced analytics and data visualization.
- Article Situational awareness guides our responses – routine to crisisMany circumstances call for situational awareness – that is, being mindful of what’s present and happening around you. The COVID-19 pandemic heightened this need, as leaders across industries used analytics and visualization to gain real-time situational awareness and respond with fast, critical decisions.
- White Paper Understanding Data Streams in IoTThis paper explains how streaming analytics helps you acquire, understand and use real-time, streaming data to make fact-based, automated decisions – and instantaneously react to new information.
- E-Book What’s the new normal in health care?Even before the COVID-19 crisis, health care was changing. But the urgency of the pandemic accelerated change in health care delivery, resource optimization, data-driven thinking and decision making, and much more.
- Article 5 ways to measure beehive health with analytics and hive-streaming dataThis analytical approach to understanding bee hive health can automatically alert beekeepers to changes in hive weights, temperatures, flight activity and more.
- White Paper Workforce AnalyticsThis paper explores how government HR functions can use advanced analytics, machine learning and AI to develop effective plans to meet hiring, retention and performance goals.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (Document Focused), Q2 2020Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (Document Focused), Q2 2020.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (People Focused), Q2 2020Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (People Focused), Q2 2020
- Customer Story Pharmacy benefit manager slashes fraud, waste and abuse using artificial intelligencePrime Therapeutics saves its clients $355 million in 18 months with AI-powered SAS Detection and Investigation for Health Care.
- Customer Story Digital retailer bags record sales with analyticsShop Direct delivers award-winning, personalized customer experiences with SAS.
- Customer Story Using artificial intelligence to decode dance patterns of beesAmesto NextBridge and Beefutures use visual analytics and machine learning to help protect and support healthy bee populations.
- Article Fighting coronavirus: 4 ways analytics is making a differenceCoronavirus has separated us from family, friends, cultural and religious communities. Unfortunately, isolation is essential to slowing the spread of the virus. What else can be done? Learn how analytics is being used to improve responses to the coronavirus outbreak.
- Article How AI and advanced analytics are impacting the financial services industryTop SAS experts weigh in on the topics that are keeping institutions up at night and fraudsters in a job.
- Customer Story Advancing mental health care with predictive analyticsCanada’s Centre for Addiction and Mental Health uses SAS Analytics to improve care and streamline hospital operations.
- Customer Story Analytics turns service repair data into cost savingsAmerican Honda turns to SAS to help make sense of warranty and service data.
- Analyst Report IoT Solutions World Congress 2019: The Value Is in the DataIOT Solutions World Congress 2019 was a turning point in the evolution of IoT deployments, with organizations like SAS showing real, scalable deployments of IoT solutions combined with AI.
- Article A data scientist’s views on data literacyGet a data scientist and teacher's perspective on the value of having foundational knowledge so you can more easily tell data fact from data fiction.
- Article Jump-start COVID-19 research with text analytics Applying text analytics and AI to discover trends and commonalities among COVID-19 research documents can lead to new insights about the disease and help answer many unanswered questions.
- White Paper Text Analytics in GovernmentHow can federal, state and local government agencies capture, manage, and use the massive volumes of unstructured text data available to them? This paper explores how agencies can invest in technologies such as text analysis to help them unlock insights hidden in their "big data."
- E-Book The new analytics ecosystemMany organizations are struggling to evolve their current analytics ecosystem, with disparate groups working across multiple technologies and tools. We surveyed more than 1,000 organizations to determine their level of adoption of technology to evolve their analytics ecosystem. In this e-book, you’ll learn the results of our survey and the three approaches to analytics that deserve your attention
- Article Respond, recover and reimagineDisruptions to our lives happen regularly, though most are not as far-reaching as the COVID-19 pandemic. Whatever their nature, it’s helpful to have a plan for how to exit disruption still on your feet and in the game. Learn about the three-phase approach SAS recommends for mitigating widespread disturbances.
Machine Learning Use Cases in Financial Crimes
Learn 10 proven ways machine learning can boost the efficiency and effectiveness of fraud and financial crimes teams – from data collection to detection to investigation and reporting.
- Article Analytics enable companies to provide superior customer experience in telco businessToday in a smartphone driven world telecoms need to develop new business strategies and solutions that answer customer demand and support tech innovation.
- Article From living on the streets to owning a profitable businessZoe Empowers, a ministry for vulnerable children living in life-threatening poverty in Africa and India, finally found a way to measure and reveal its incredible impact. Using SAS, they developed an "empowerment index" that measures improvements in housing, health, education and more for program participants.
- Article Will health care be fundamentally changed post-COVID-19?Many market forces are supporting the transformation to virtual digital health programs -- the COVID-19 pandemic is just the latest compelling event.
- Customer Story Analytics als Schlüsselfaktor der Digitalisierung
- White Paper Getting Value From Your Data ScientistsSimply hiring expensive data scientists isn’t enough. To create real business value with data scientists, top management must learn how to manage them effectively.
- Article ModelOps: How to operationalize the model life cycleModelOps is where analytical models are cycled from the data science team to the IT production team in a regular cadence of deployment and updates. In the race to realizing value from AI models, it’s a winning ingredient that only a few companies are using.
- Article AI in government: The path to adoption and deploymentThe government sector is lagging in AI adoption, but awareness of the importance of AI in the public sector is increasing. Our survey indicates that operational issues are requiring governments to turn their attention to AI projects as a way to address important public issues.
- Series Evolving your institutional insightBig data in education can help administrators understand college applicants and students – including which ones will struggle and why.
- Article AI in manufacturing: New opportunities for IT and operationsAn AI survey reveals that leaders and early adopters in AI are making important advances and are identifying and expanding on what works as they use AI in more ways and more parts of their organizations.
- Customer Story World’s largest sports and humanitarian event builds legacy of inclusion with data-driven technologySpecial Olympics World Games Abu Dhabi uses SAS® Analytics and AI solutions to keep athletes safe and fans engaged.
- Customer Story Brazil tackles insurance fraud with AI and analyticsCNseg relies on SAS to thwart fraud, improves alert accuracy by 67%.
- Article The Humanity in Artificial IntelligenceCould artificial intelligence be the change agent we need to solve many problems around the globe? Read how AI could accelerate our ability to have a a positive, lasting impact.
- Customer Story Reducing hospital-acquired infections with artificial intelligence Hospitals in the Region of Southern Denmark aim to increase patient safety using analytics and AI solutions from SAS.
- Article What do drones, AI and proactive policing have in common?Law enforcement and public safety agencies must wrangle diverse data sets – such as data from drones – in their proactive policing operations. To be most effective, they need modern tools that support AI techniques like machine learning, computer vision and natural language processing.
- Customer Story Workplace solutions retailer creates compelling customer experience via data-driven marketingOffice Depot Europe drives change by putting SAS Customer Intelligence 360 at the center of its digital transformation.
- Customer Story Funding for ground-breaking childhood cancer research fueled by analyticsThe Kids’ Cancer Project uses SAS to improve fundraising efforts for vital cancer research.
- Series Lessons learned, looking forwardHow can community colleges train the next generation of skilled workers? Karen Stout, CEO, Achieving the Dream, discusses the role of analytics.
- Series Use of data visualization and analytics in education is growingEducators use analytics for education to make better decisions on programs, student outcomes and more. Learn how you can, too.
- Series Tips for making the most of your analytics softwareEducators need insights from their data. Learn how to harness big data in education using analytics software.
- Customer Story New Zealand Ministry of Social DevelopmentThe New Zealand Ministry of Social Development uses big data to profoundly improve the lives of citizens.
- Article Fraud detection and machine learning: What you need to knowMachine learning and fraud analytics are critical components of a fraud detection toolkit. Here’s what you’ll need to get started – from integrating supervised and unsupervised machine learning in operations to maintaining customer service while defending against fraud.
- Customer Story Technology aims to protect vulnerable childrenSAS Visual Investigator gives social workers new insight into changing risk factors.
- Article Keeping an open mind about open analyticsSome of the smartest data science teams are using SAS alongside open source analytics. Find out how you can use both and deploy all models consistently.
- Customer Story Providing the best medical care via analyticsCrouse Hospital improves patient outcomes with data-driven approach.
- Article How to work like a disrupterFind out what companies like Netflix, Airbnb, Spotify and Lyft know about analytics that you don't know. Learn how to become technologically and analytically mature just like them.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Insight Platforms, Q1 2019 Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Insight Platforms, Q1 2019
- Article Analytics: A must-have tool for leading the fight on prescription and illicit drug addictionStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- Customer Story Prison violence dramatically drops with analytics-based risk assessmentThe Indiana Department of Correction uses real-time data and predictive analytics from SAS to reduce violent attacks on staff by 50%.
- Customer Story Zeroing in on property values with machine learningArtificial intelligence improves assessment accuracy and productivity in Wake County.
- Customer Story Health breakthroughs driven by DNA analysisCommunity-based genetics study uses SAS machine learning and artificial intelligence to improve population health in Nevada.
*This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from SAS. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
**Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Science & Machine Learning by Peter Krensky, Carlie Idoine, Erick Brethenoux, Pieter den Hamer, Farhan Choudhary, Afraz Jaffri, Shubhangi Vashisth, March 1, 2021.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.