You can’t get the most value from your data if it’s difficult to access. And you can’t move it if it puts security at risk. Data federation from SAS gives you the accessibility and flexibility you need as part of your data virtualization strategy.
Govern views with unprecedented security.
Advanced security options and data masking capabilities let you determine not only who’s authorized to view your data, but also what they see on an extremely granular level. It all helps ensure your data doesn’t fall into the wrong hands.
Reduce cost through query flexibility.
There's no reason to limit the number of times you query your system with our data caching capability. Access the data you need – as often as you need it – without affecting your system or driving up costs.
Maintain and monitor data with centralized controls.
A centralized, web-based console makes it easy to graphically administer, monitor and maintain connections, user privileges and refresh schedules. It makes it easier to deal with multiple permutations and combinations of user access to information.
Get consistent access to multiple data sources.
SAS Federation Server provides big data virtualization access to sources such as Hadoop, Netezza and SAP HANA. It unifies and standardizes access across systems from a single connection, eliminating the need to create separate access strategies for each data source.
Big Data Matters
The proliferation of internal and external data sources shows no signs of slowing down, thanks to cheap storage costs and the rise of big data technologies like Hadoop. All that data can mean better insights – if IT departments can keep up with the onslaught of reporting requests from business users.
In Big Data Virtualization With SAS Federation Server – the fourth webinar in our Big Data Matters on-demand webinar series – you’ll learn how data federation can help you:
- Improve governance with centralized security and auditing capabilities.
- Respond faster to reporting requests.
- Give business users easy access to the data they need.
- Unified data sources with a single view to virtualized data stores. Create federated source data names, enabling users to access multiple, heterogeneous data sources in the same connection.
- Centralized administration, configuration and monitoring. Use the web-based administrative console for simplified maintenance of user access, privileges and authorizations.
- Enhanced data access performance with data caches and scheduling. Keep application queries current and available to users.
- Secured information with comprehensive administrative settings. Define access permissions for a user or group at the catalog, schema, table, column and row level.