The IoT brings unprecedented flows of data, presenting transportation companies with tremendous network and data management challenges, as well as greater security risks. To overcome challenges, companies will have to adopt better network intelligence, automation and security in order to securely handle and extract value from vast flows of data.
How SAS Can Help
Boost uptime, performance and productivity. Better understand – and anticipate – customer behavior, needs and preferences. And adapt more easily and readily to changing business cycles. With IoT solutions from SAS, you can:
- Continuously improve reliability and equipment efficiency. Predict emerging issues and maintenance requirements so you can address them proactively to keep assets in service and maximize uptime.
- Get deeper customer insight with real-time decision management. Combine historical offline data with current customer and in-channel data – and use superior decision engines to take the guesswork out of real-time customer interactions.
- Proactively respond to changing demand signals. Improve the accuracy of your forecasts, and use what-if analyses to assess opportunities quickly so you can allocate resources appropriately.
SAS has the experience and expertise to deliver cutting-edge IoT solutions for manufacturing in the way that works best for your business:
- Superior root-cause analysis and enhanced data visibility. Identify the real drivers of performance issues out of hundreds – or even thousands – of measures and conditions using state-of-the-art analytics, predictive data mining and data visualization. Then develop ideal corrective action plans faster and more effectively.
- Predictive asset maintenance. Increase asset availability by using predictive and near-real-time performance alerts to spot issues that maintenance teams can fix during already scheduled maintenance outages.
- Automated monitoring and predictive alerts. Reduce downtimes, avoid major defects and address potential performance issues before they escalate, and use built-in workflows and case management capabilities for faster problem resolution.
SAS IoT Analytics Solutions for Transportation
- SAS® Analytics for IoTDrive innovation, efficiencies and results by putting powerful IoT analytics with embedded AI and industry-leading streaming capabilities in users' hands
- SAS® Asset Performance AnalyticsHarness M2M and sensor data to boost uptime, performance and productivity while lowering maintenance costs and reducing your risk of revenue loss.
- SAS® Event Stream ProcessingGet immediate analytic insights from real-time big data streaming into your organization.
- SAS® Field Quality AnalyticsDetect emerging issues and perform root-cause analysis to improve product quality and brand reputation.
- SAS® Production Quality AnalyticsGain a holistic view of quality across the enterprise and throughout the entire supply chain.
- SAS® Quality Analytic SuiteIdentify issues earlier, find root causes faster and greatly reduce costs associated with recalls and brand reputation erosion.
- White Paper The Internet of Things Opportunities and Applications Across Industries
- Article Internet of things applications across multiple industries From manufacturing to retail, where are the IoT opportunities?
- IoT and predictive maintenance keep trains rolling Finnish railway VR Group uses SAS Analytics to provide punctual travel service and improve customer satisfaction