A business-oriented approach to drive measurable value rapidly from machine learning and artificial intelligence.
What do you like most?
Click to reveal the response
Time to realized value.
What do you dislike most?
Click to reveal the response
The biggest problem we've faced is the perception of SAS products being legacy vs. the cloud native offerings. This perception is not grounded in reality based on our experience.
Quotes from a Director of Data Insights in the Finance Industry
Explore More SAS Resources
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select resource type
- Analyst Report
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- Webinar What Are Current Challenges and Opportunities in Analytics?Learn about the analytics process model.
- Article Discover a secret resource for working with cloud providersAre you overwhelmed by the hundreds of options and offers in the cloud? Are you finding it hard to select the best cloud services from the different cloud providers? Why not ask a neutral and informed third party for help?
- Customer Story A data-driven approach to whole person careRiverside County relies on data integration and analytics from SAS to improve the health and well-being of vulnerable Californians.
- Customer Story Advanced simulations and ‘stress-proof’ models help digital bank successfully navigate uncertain scenariosBanca Progetto relies on predictive analytics and a cloud-first approach to mitigate risk, better serve clients and plan for the future.
- Customer Story Analytics helps ensure fair and balanced pay structures across Sweden’s public sectorTietoEVRY and SAS partner to help Sweden's largest employer organization, Adda, offer a nationally aggregated salary planning tool for municipalities and regions across the country.
- Article Can data sharing lead to cancer discoveries?Clinical trials can bring new drugs – and new hope – to the market for cancer patients. Now, a new data sharing platform for clinical trial data brings even more hope.
- Article Streaming data: The ins and outs of this technology buzzwordLearn what streaming data is, why it matters to your business and how it relates to big data, event stream processing, data management and the IoT.
- Article Inside sports analytics: Ten lessons for business leadersPost "Moneyball" many sports teams take a highly analytical approach to winning, and there are several important lessons that businesses can learn. These 10 tips come from research Thomas H. Davenport conducted on more than 25 professional teams.
- Customer Story Advanced analytics empower businesses with data-driven decisionsThe Hang Seng University of Hong Kong inspires business organisations to make better decisions using SAS® Viya®
The Machine Learning Primer
This e-book provides a primer on machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing and cognitive computing, as well as 10 best practices and a checklist for machine learning readiness.
- Customer Story Artificial intelligence yields breakthrough innovation in crop scienceBoragen partners with SAS to fight plant disease, protect crops and boost agricultural production sustainably.
- E-Book Transformational decision?Governments can incorporate AI-driven decisioning into existing business processes to take advantage of digital transformation benefits. Through automated processes, deeper insights and the ability to act quickly, governments can innovate service delivery, drive efficiency and help build a better future.
- Customer Story Building a culture of analytics empowers university to lead as an educational enterpriseFrom enrollment to graduation, the University of Texas at Arlington uses SAS Analytics for Education on Amazon Web Services to aid in analysis supporting student success and campus strategic decision making.
- Customer Story Predicting energy production with advanced analyticsSPG Dry Cooling uses advanced analytics from SAS to analyze the performance of its air-cooled condensers, enabling power plants to run more efficiently, improve maintenance planning and better forecast energy production.
- Customer Story Transforming mental health care in California, turning data into insight California's Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission uses analytics and data management to better serve residents and increase community well-being.
- White Paper Making the Case: The ROI of Demand ManagementThis paper shows how to determine the value of improving the credibility of the demand plan. Several templates are included to help in quantifying and documenting the return on investment.
- Article Seven tips for creating a self-service BI governance strategySelf-service BI and IT governance – sometimes the two seem at odds. Can they coexist peacefully? Live happily ever after? TDWI thinks so. They offer seven tips for creating a strategy that works for both.
- Interview How does a center of excellence really work?At the Cincinnati Insurance Companies, analytics is bridging the gulf between IT and business units and leading by example to form common measures and objectives.
- Article Amplify your data career with analyticsIf you're interested in a career in analytics, you'll need to consider if you have the temperament to match. Discover the questions you need to ask yourself, the first steps to set you on the right path and obstacles to avoid.
- Series Women in Analytics: Susan Weidner, IntrinsiQ Specialty SolutionsPractical advice for women interested in pursuing a career in analytics. Mentors were key for Weidner, now a Senior VP at IntrinsiQ Specialty Solutions.
- Series Women in analytics: Susan Thomas, GM FinancialWhen Susan Thomas graduated with a technical degree in the 80s, everyone assumed she'd teach. Instead, she became a coder and programmer.
- Video How machine learning can provide customers with more relevant offersIn this video, industry influencer Daniel Newman offers his perspective on ways machine learning can be used to enhance customer experiences.
- E-Book Innovation driven by strategyFrom curing diseases to studying the sun, innovative uses of analytics are changing the world. Download this e-book to see where tomorrow’s technologies are happening today.
- E-Book Fearless Decision? The most successful banks of the future will be those who can see their customers as individuals, appreciate their unique journeys and make decisions accordingly — across all associated business functions.
- Customer Story Using artificial intelligence to better engage with customersDaiwa Securities uses analytics and machine learning from SAS to better meet customer needs.
- Customer Story Finding your best customers with machine learningSeacoast Bank enhances customer value using AI and SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya.
- Customer Story Improving the fan experience with machine learningAEG Sports uses SAS® advanced analytics on Microsoft Azure to remain agile during uncertain times and plan for the ‘new normal’ of spectator sports.
- Customer Story Smart city uses analytics and IoT to predict and manage flood eventsThe Town of Cary, NC teams up with SAS and Microsoft to protect citizens from flooding, safeguard watersheds and support environmentally sound development.
- Customer Story Personalization is key in telecommunications. And analytics the natural solution.Telenor Norway uses SAS Analytics to enhance business decisions and continuously adapt to customers’ needs.
- White Paper How the first mile of consumer goods can fight climate changeInnovation via digital transformation in agriculture and consumer packaged goods presents a unique opportunity to capture sustainability and move toward scalable, market-driven improvements in the air, soil and water.
- Customer Story Ensuring mental health patient safety during a global pandemicSAS delivers dashboard to monitor COVID-19 in the Copenhagen Regional Psychiatric Centers.
- Customer Story A model of institutional research champions the value of analytics for allOklahoma State University uses SAS to create an analytics culture and increase student success.
- Article SAS CIO: Why leaders must cultivate curiosity in 2021With the change we’re all facing this year, CIOs should be counting on curiosity to play a crucial role in how we’re going to meet the challenges that lie ahead. From the moment COVID-19 hit, our IT organization has relied on curiosity – that strong desire to explore, learn, know - to fuel the urgent changes required. And it’s curiosity that will enable us to meet the needs of the future of work post-pandemic.
- Interview Data visualization: A wise investment in your big data futureData visualization technologies can help the practice of data-driven decision making really take hold. But putting data visualization software in the hands of business users? Is it crazy – or crazy smart?
- White Paper Accelerate Open Source Forecasting With SAS®By running open source forecast models with SAS, organizations can build upon their existing open source strategies in an agile, efficient and highly scalable way.
- Article Student growth measures show the way to educational successStudent test scores don’t tell the whole story about how students are performing. Educators are finding new ways to measure progress.
- Article The opportunity of smart grid analyticsWith smart grid analytics, utility companies can control operating costs, improve grid reliability and deliver personalized energy services.
What Are You Hiring For?
Midsize companies have a lot to offer that large companies don’t, but misconceptions, resource and time constraints unique to midsize businesses make the acquisition of analytic talent more difficult. Could the problem be with your talent management practices?
- White Paper How AI Changes the RulesReaping the benefits of AI will require changes in workplace structures, technology strategies and technology governance. Read on to learn more about the changes that leaders must prepare for to successfully implement trusted AI.
- White Paper ModelOps: Maximizing Value Across the Analytics Life CycleLearn how “ModelOps,” an emerging analytics methodology, can help organizations operationalize the full analytics life cycle at scale.
- White Paper Using a Hybrid Open Source and Commercial Analytics EcosystemAs more companies make the move to advanced analytics such as machine learning, they will need to decide whether to use open source, commercial products, or a combination of the two. An analysis in this TDWI report shows there are benefits to utilizing both.
- White Paper Faster Insights from Faster DataExamines where organizations are facing barriers to getting relevant data into the right condition for analytics, for developing artificial intelligence (AI) programs, and for delivery to users who need insights in time to solve business problems.
- E-Book Innovation: From data to businessReport on findings from a global expert interview study on the topic of analytics driven innovation; Peer insights to help navigate the journey from data to innovation.
How To Use Analytics to Create Health Care Value: An Executive Primer
US health care reform has digitized health care. Analytics holds promise in creating value from the growing stores of health care data but what are the critical executive considerations for applying analytics strategically? This paper presents how to tap into the great potential to use analytics to fish for insight from your growing data lakes.
Analytics Across the Student Life Cycle
Why higher education institutions need to implement data integration, data visualization and analytics solutions. It then shares best practices for applying these technologies across the student life cycle and examples of how schools are using these technologies to improve decision making.
Text Analytics 2014: User Perspectives on Solutions and Providers
This report looks at why and how text analytics has found success in industries such as consumer-facing businesses, public administration and government, life sciences and scientific research. It also shares the findings of a comprehensive market study focused on user experiences with the technology.
How to Take AI Projects From Start to Win
The four pillars of starting a successful AI program and examples of how other organizations have taken their AI projects from start to finish.
- White Paper AI Momentum, Maturity & Models for Success: Focus on SingaporeAdvances in data and analytics have enabled early adopters of AI to grow beyond experiments and quick hits and provide examples for paths to success with AI.
- White Paper AI Momentum, Maturity and Models for SuccessSAS, Intel and Accenture, working with Forbes Insights, surveyed business leaders and interviewed thought leaders around the world to identify early adopters and uncover emerging best practices for AI. Find out what they had to say.
The 3 R’s of AI Adoption: Refactor, Reinvent, Reimagine
Learn how organizations are using AI to refactor, reimage and reinvent business as usual. Understand the relative impacts on business process, analytics and data practices, and DevOps at each level of adoption.
- White Paper AI for the CIO: 10 Tips for SuccessSAS Whitepaper: 10 tips for the CIO who is knee-deep in digital transformation projects that require deploying AI models at an enterprise scale.
Ahead of the game
Learn how professional sports teams win fans and games with analytics.
- White Paper Heavy Reading: Advanced Predictive Network AnalyticsHeavy Reading reveals how predictive analytics gives service providers real-time visibility into their networks – boosting revenue potential and ensuring more satisfied customers, better targeted marketing, fine-tuned capacity planning and top-notch service assurance.
Assessing Your Business Analytics Maturity: Eight Metrics That Matter
SAS conducted a benchmark survey of more than 260 US companies across all industries to determine each organization’s proficiency across the key metrics. The results of this survey are presented in this paper to provide guidance for short- and long-term efforts needed to enhance analytical effectiveness.
Analytical Execution for Today's Mid-Sized Enterprise
An Aberdeen Group research report
- Article Bringing data to the streamHow much do we know about fresh water systems and the dynamic nature of streams and rivers? Find out how one data scientist turned his fascination with streams and rivers into a career.
- Article Detect and prevent banking application fraudSince credit fraud often starts with a falsified application, it makes sense to have analytics-driven tools in place to detect fraud from the earliest point and across the life of the account.
- Article Understanding data in motionLearn how to analyze fast-moving data streams on the fly with event stream processing.
- Article Making sense of streaming data in the Internet of ThingsThe Internet of Things has changed our lives forever. Read about how streaming data in IoT works, and why it has caused such a shift in the analytics world.
- Article The untapped potential in unstructured textText is the largest human-generated data source. It grows every day as we post on social media, interact with chatbots and digital assistants, send emails, conduct business online, generate reports and essentially document our daily thoughts and activities using computers and mobile devices.
- Article Analytics for all, all in one placeFrom Python to R and SAS to Spark, bring all of your analytics packages together with one trusted platform for analytics governance.
- Article Analytics: A must-have tool for leading the fight on prescription and illicit drug addictionStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- Analyst Report Bloor InBrief: SAS Event Stream ProcessingLearn why Bloor considers SAS a major contender in the market for streaming analytics platforms due to SAS’ differentiating analytic capabilities, notable performance and continuous improvement of in-stream models using machine learning.
- Analyst Report Bloor Market Update: Streaming AnalyticsLearn why Bloor considers SAS a major contender in the market for streaming analytics platforms due to SAS’ differentiating analytic capabilities, notable performance and continuous improvement of in-stream models using machine learning.
- Article How Walmart makes data work for its customersTips from the world's largest retailer on building an infrastructure that makes data work for its 240 million customers a week.
- Article An executive’s guide to cognitive computingCognitive computing is the latest buzzworthy term that everyone seems to be talking about in the technology industry. But can machines really think?
- Article Five ways to approach analytics differentlyGo beyond the conventional, the insane and the dabbling. Here are 5 ways to rethink how you do analytics.
- Article Five questions to help bridge the analytics gapEveryone is turning to analytics for a competitive edge. But the real advantage is in using analytics as a tool for exploration and innovation.
- Article Big data in educationA recent MIT Sloan Management report highlights how businesses are using analytics as a source of innovation – so are universities, says SAS' Georgia Mariani.
- Article The advanatges of an analytics cultureGen. Colin Powell and SAS experts focus on the topic of culture and how to change an organization’s DNA to meet the challenges of this brave, new analytics world.
- Article Operationalizing analytics: 4 ways banks are conquering the infamous ‘last mile’Here are four examples across the banking industry that show how these leading organizations followed a clearly defined path to conquer the infamous 'last mile' of analytics.
- Article Exploring the sun with big dataResearchers working for NASA are using automatic, exploratory and visual analysis of big data to help understand the mysteries of our universe.
- Article A guide to machine learning algorithms and their applicationsDo you know the difference between supervised and unsupervised learning? How about the difference between decision trees and forests? Or when to use a support vector algorithm? Get all the answers here.
- Article 4 strategies that will change your approach to fraud detectionTechnology advances are giving financial institutions a better arsenal than ever for fraud detection. Take a look at four ways to turbocharge your defenses.
- Article From Apollo to AI: A new era of American explorationAs we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, what’s the next frontier for American Innovation? It’s available now, from our desks and waits for us to unlock its potential.
- Article Applying technology to ensure voter integrity in electionsVoter integrity is becoming a serious concern for many elections. Recent disclosures of foreign influence campaigns using social media highlight the potential impact on the integrity of the democratic process. In monitoring your systems, technology can identify both legitimate and fraudulent activity; the balancing act is to minimize the impact on legitimate activity while preventing acts of cyber-criminals and fraudsters.
- Article How to drill a better hole with analyticsFrom drilling holes to preventing health care fraud, learn about some of the new technologies SAS has patented with IoT and machine learning technologies.
- Webinar How Do I Migrate SAS® Event Stream Processing Workloads to Microsoft Azure?Learn how SAS and Microsoft work together to seamlessly migrate SAS Event Stream Processing workloads to Microsoft Azure.
- Webinar SAS® Viya® and the cloud: How SAS is changing the game it inventedJoin this webinar to learn how to make the most of cloud migration with SAS Viya.
- Article Super-charge your fraud detection techniquesPreview a white paper by the International Institute for Analytics on how to evolve the fraud function from a set of fraud detection techniques to a cohesive, continuously improving system.
- Article 9 questions on in-memory analyticsWith in-memory analytics, data is stored on the disk but read into memory for faster analytical processing. What does this mean for your business? And how can you benefit? Find out the answers to these and other questions.
- Article Analytics for prescription drug monitoring: How to better identify opioid abusePrescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) are a great start in combating abuse of prescription drugs, but they could be doing much more. Better data and analytics can inform better treatment protocols, provider education and policy decisions – and save lives.
- Article Improve child welfare through analyticsWith tremendous potential for child welfare agencies to use data and analytics to prevent child abuse and improve outcomes for children and families, child welfare advocates discuss the benefits of using data and establishing a data-driven culture to advance practice and policy.
- Series Women in analytics: Elisa Gois, MGM ResortsElisa Gois, Chief Analytics Officer for MGM Resorts, went from social work to the C-suite. Here are her top four tips for a successful career in analytics.
- Case Study Thwarting disruption with strategic investments in innovationNational Australia Bank turns to innovative strategies, like hackathons, to find new solutions to emerging challenges.
- White Paper What Makes a Data Scientist Great?A collection of interviews with top data scientists, who talk about problem solving, creative approaches to data, tenacity and the surprising importance of relationships.
- White Paper Advanced Analytics: Moving Toward AI, Machine Learning, and Natural Language Processingadvanced analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing
- White Paper The Evolution of AnalyticsLearn about modern applications for machine learning, including recommendation systems, streaming analytics, deep learning and cognitive computing. And learn from the experiences of two companies that have successfully navigated organizational and technological challenges to adopt machine learning and embark on their own analytics evolution.
- Article Big data in government: How data and analytics power public programsBig data generated by government and private sources coupled with analytics has become a crucial component for a lot of public-sector work. Why? Because using analytics can improve outcomes of public programs.
- Article Data lineage: Making artificial intelligence smarterFor AI to reach its full potential, the data feeding its algorithms and models needs to be well-understood. Data lineage plays a vital role in understanding data, making it a foundational principle of AI.
- Article Stopping the Zika virus: The potential of big data, analyticsHow do you stop global outbreaks? The answer may be in the data about the disease and how it spreads.
- Article Three C’s of the connected customer in the IoTTo optimize the connected customer experience, Blue Hill Research says organizations should build an IoT model based on three key features.
- Article 10 ways analytics can make your city smarter From child welfare to transportation, read 10 examples of analytics being used to solve problems or simplify tasks for government organizations.
- Article Smart cities, smart energy solutions – thanks to the IoTFind out how Envision America and CPS Energy are using the IoT and analytics to make cities smarter and transform energy programs.
- Article Machine learning and artificial intelligence in a brave new worldWhat is the interplay between man and machine in a brave new world with AI?
- Article Wanted: AI leadersDo you have what it takes to be an AI leader? In this growing field, people skills, innovation and ethics are more important than expertise in artificial intelligence technologies.
- Series A culture of evidenceTransforming US community colleges starts with analyzing the data that you have. Learn how leading schools are building an analytics ecosystem.
- Article Lessons from the trackDoes your organization have an analytics DNA? Here's a baker's dozen of tips for building a healthy, happy data-driven enterprise that can go the distance.
- Article From lab to lifeOnce you've created your analytical model, you need to put it to use. Here are tips from finance industry experts to get your models in the hands of users.
- Article What coaching a new driver and developing an analytics culture have in commonEight lessons that apply equally to nurturing an organization's analytics culture and instructing a young driver how to safely navigate the open road.
- Article The intersection of modern IT and advanced analyticsThornton May explains how IT groups are helping the business use analytics to adapt to the C-suite's need for a modern, agile and results-focused IT function.
- Article Analytics startup focuses on health care optimizationAnalyzing vast amounts of data is key to optimizing health care outcomes, improving patient satisfaction and lowering total costs.
- Series Data drives destinyUS community colleges need to train 11 million more skilled workers by 2025. Karen Stout, CEO, Achieving the Dream, explains how data can make it happen.
- Series Data drives destinyUS community colleges need to train 11 million more skilled workers by 2025. Karen Stout, CEO, Achieving the Dream, explains how data can make it happen.
- Article Demand forecasting and the 7 habits of effective retailersWhy do some retailers consistently outperform others? Retail Systems Research reveals some key reasons and offers essential advice for those who want to become (or continue to be) winners.
- Customer Story Travel and tourism forecasts become more accurate with analyticsDER Touristik builds web-based planning tool with SAS to better predict future demand and quickly react to changes in the market.
- Article Why you should care about episode analyticsThe future of value-based health care requires a better understanding of how patients are treated for thousands of conditions. Only episode analytics can uncover the insights payers and providers need.
- Analyst Report Gartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Quality SolutionsSAS believes product innovation and trusted support are key to market growth for data quality solutions.
- Article Analytics leads to lifesaving cancer therapiesA long-shot treatment offers hope to 10-year-old Harrison after he learns the DNA profile of his cancer is resistant to chemo. Find out how data and analytics play a role in cancer research and cancer treatments that are saving lives.
- Customer Story Community outreach and support for COPD patients enhanced through natural language processing and machine learningText analytics and sentiment analysis from SAS help the COPD Foundation provide health resources and emotional support for patients and caregivers.
- Article Internet of things applications across multiple industriesLearn about existing Internet of Things applications in five industries, and get advice on how to develop your own Internet of Things applications.
- Customer Story Solving crime in less time with analyticsDelaware State Police use law enforcement solutions from SAS to help identify suspects, crack cases and protect communities.
- E-Book What's Next for Life Sciences?The unique challenges of the coronavirus pandemic forced life sciences companies to respond to change more rapidly than ever before. Only the companies that are nimble, innovative and able to act quickly – while maintaining regulatory and scientific standards – will succeed in addressing the immediate needs of the crisis and beyond.
- E-Book Government and education: Leading through changeIn this e-book, SAS has collected the wisdom and stories of government and education leaders who are rising to the challenges of our times and applying analytics to drive evidence-based decision making. These stories are relevant across all sectors because they each share innovative new ways to respond to a changing landscape.
- Customer Story Partnership delivers powerful lessons for energy retailerRed Energy uses SAS Results to help launch its battery and solar operation.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Multichannel Marketing HubsSAS is a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Multichannel Marketing Hubs.
- Article Why pharmaceutical firms are investing in real-world evidenceTo get a compound or device to market – bench to bedside – may be an eight- ,12- or even 15-year process. Real-world evidence has a critical role at every step, particularly in the clinical trials process.
- Article Load Forecasting: Ensuring supply meets energy demandLoad forecasting helps energy suppliers meet demand for residential and commercial customers. As renewable energy resources increase, the necessity for a technology platform that adapts to load forecasting requirements becomes crucial.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Multimodal Predictive Analytics & Machine Learning, Q3 2020.Forrester report states that products evaluated are SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning and SAS® Model Manager.
- Customer Story Strengthening communities with analytics in the cloudNonprofit consulting firm CNM uses SAS Visual Analytics on Amazon Web Services to help other nonprofit organizations measure and communicate the impact of their work.
- Webinar Five Imperatives for the Analytic ExecutiveLearn what it takes to capitalize on the analytics economy and generate substantial business value.
- Analyst Report Worldwide Big Data and Analytics Software Market Shares, 2019: Investment in Data Continues In this compilation of IDC reports, SAS is ranked No.1 in worldwide revenue in Advanced and Predictive Analytics Software, and in the top five for Artificial Intelligence Software Platforms, Analytic Data Integration and Intelligence Software, Services Operations Analytic Applications and Customer Relationship Analytic Applications.
- White Paper Four Elements of Sustainability AnalyticsDirectors at consumer-packaged goods manufacturers who embrace sustainability grow their revenue while improving lives and environmental outcomes.
- Analyst Report IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Advanced Machine Learning Platforms 2020 Vendor AssessmentSAS is a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Advanced Machine Learning Platforms 2020 Vendor Assessment.
- Customer Story The right fit in all the right waysLevi Strauss & Co. crafts better customer experiences through big data and analytics.
- Article Saving lives during a global pandemic through medical resource optimizationCleveland Clinic is operationalizing analytics to combat COVID-19, creating innovative models that help forecast patient volume, bed capacity, medical equipment availability and more.
- Article Finding COVID-19 answers with data and analyticsLearn how data plays a role in optimizing hospital resources, understanding disease spread, supply chain forecasting and scientific discoveries.
- Article Five ways your organization can enhance resilience for years to comeInnovation, agility and customer-centricity frequently top the list of companies’ strategic objectives, and now the most urgent priority is resilience. Given this new urgency, it’s worth taking a close look at the underpinnings of resilience and how they could be applied in any industry. This article explores how analytics can help boost resilience and includes key elements to keep your organization resilient.
- Article Resilience in the face of unpredictabilityUnpredictability can “shatter and reshape” a society. And in these unpredictable times, it is important to remain resilient and be prepared to bounce back. This article explores what it truly means to be resilient, how to build it, and how analytics can help you act when your resilience is tested.
- Customer Story AI-driven personalization gives electronics retailer a boostConrad Electronic uses customer intelligence solutions from SAS to craft relevant offers in real time.
- Customer Story Building materials leader optimizes production using analyticsUSG Corporation relies on SAS to improve its manufacturing process and reduce downtime, costs and energy consumption.
- Customer Story Cancer treatment enters a new era with artificial intelligenceAmsterdam UMC uses the SAS Platform and AI solutions to increase speed and accuracy of tumor evaluations.
- Customer Story Customer engagement blooms with analytics and AIInnovative marketing campaigns lead to improved customer retention and loyalty at 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc.
- E-Book Formidable ForecastsWith artificial intelligence capabilities and traditional forecasting processes, it’s possible to create efficiencies by automating the production of large-scale time-series analyses and hierarchical forecasts.
- White Paper Analytics for Everyone: Seven Tips for Promoting Analytics AdoptionChecklist Report on democratizing analytics.
- E-Book Resilience: The best way to beat coronavirusTo be truly resilient means proactively seeking ways to ensure operational and financial stability no matter the circumstances. In this e-book, we explore digital transformation’s role in reimagining the world beyond COVID-19; how operational agility builds resilience; the five pillars of organizational resilience and more.
- Customer Story Better customer service via machine learningAdvanced analytics helps Rogers Communications become more customer-centric, cutting customer complaints in half.
- Article Analytics. Fighting cancer for more than 40 years. Thanks partly to analytics, cancer survival rates are higher, treatments are more personalized and cancer research continues to expand.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Customer Analytics Technologies, Q3 2020.SAS® Customer Intelligence 360, which helps craft compelling next-best experiences tailored to wherever customers are in their journeys, is named a Leader in The Forrester Wave.
- Article Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- Article IoT in health care: Unlocking true, value-based careGiven the potential of IoT – and the challenges of already overburdened health care systems around the world – we can’t afford not to integrate IoT in health care.
- Article AI in banking: Survey reveals factors for successWhat do banking executives report about their experiences with AI? Where are they focusing today? What’s working? What are their plans for the future?
- E-Book Becoming a data-driven organizationLearn about the three foundations of becoming data-driven – data management, analytics and visualization – and how they can increase profitability, boost performance, raise market share and improve operations.
- Article A police force of our timeLike many countries, the crime and threats that Denmark faces are developing at a rapid pace. The police have to do more with fewer resources, just like the rest of the public sector. The police’s strong professional culture, which focuses on team spirit and on acting in dangerous situations, must be supplemented with new competences.
- Article Optimizing well placement to eliminate water poverty How data visualization is helping Water for Good bring fresh water to the Central African Republic.
- White Paper Holiday shopping secrets: Prices matter and pets are importantAttention retailers! It's time to celebrate. According to SAS Analytics, the holiday shopping season is shaping up to be a jolly one.
- Article The increasing role of analytics in managing disruption in energy and utilitiesThis four-part series, Managing Disruption, will examine disruptions faced by the Australian energy and utilities industry – and the role analytics can play in lessening the impact.
- Article A look inside Southern California Edison’s fire mitigation planThis article examines how Southern California Edison (SCE) uses SAS to apply these practises in the US.
- Analyst Report IDC MarketScape: Worldwide General-Purpose Artificial Intelligence Software Platforms 2019 Vendor AssessmentThis IDC MarketScape evaluated general-purpose AI platforms. General-purpose artificial intelligence software platforms provide the functionality to analyze, organize, access, and provide advisory services based on a range of structured and unstructured information.
- Article AI is a practical tool to help Marketers gain insightsMarketers are not scientists, and technologies like AI have become more important to help Marketers understand customer data and insights. With AI, Marketers are able to focus on the bigger picture - improving experiences for customers and driving revenue for the business.
- Article AI optimises campaign performance at WWF and drives ROIIn its mission to advocate for endangered species and for the environment, the World Wide Fund faces challenges familiar to all brands. By optimising its marketing through the smart use of machine learning and AI the WWF was able to address the issues of cost and purpose successfully.
- Article Engage all areas of the marketing brain to improve the CXIn an increasingly competitive marketplace, and in recent months, in particular, digital channels and capabilities have been critical to success. Organisations need to engage all three areas of the corporate brain: customer intelligence, human intelligence and artificial intelligence.
- Article The impact of the CMO in the coming yearsThe past couple of months for CMOs have seen them thrown into the fire and stress-tested to keep not only the business alive, but also their relationship with their consumers. With this climate, the future role and impact of CMOs has irrevocably changed.
- E-Book Streaming analytics: Life happens fast. Are your analytics keeping up?Download this free e-book to find out what streaming analytics is, the unique opportunities it can address and five key success factors for planning your streaming analytics program.
- Customer Story Financial lender cuts third-party fraud by more than 80% with layered detectionAxcess Financial uses SAS Identity 360 to dramatically reduce fraud losses and boost customer satisfaction.
- Customer Story Forecasting accuracy brings ‘new energy’ to CameroonEnergy supplier Eneo balances supply and demand to boost efficiency, save millions and improve reliability with SAS Energy Forecasting.
- E-Book Governments leading through changeIn this e-book, SAS has collected the wisdom and stories of the government agencies that are rising to the challenges of our times and applying analytics to drive evidence-based decision making. These stories are pulled from every sector of government and are relevant across all sectors because they each share innovative new ways to respond to a changing landscape.
- Article Homelessness data holds insights to a hidden problemSAS partnered with The Carying Place, an organization that supports working homeless families, to find new ways to measure indicators of participant success and provide families the help they deserve.
- Article How health care leaders deployed analytics when crisis hitDuring the COVID-19 pandemic, some health care providers were well-positioned to respond to rapid changes in demand. The factor that most distinguished them was that they already had a strong capacity in place for using data to inform decisions. Read about three key takeaways from their experiences.
- E-Book Accelerate and improve business outcomes with AIoTOrganizations across multiple industries are using AIoT to improve quality, maximize equipment performance, improve efficiencies and more. Download this e-book to find out how you can reap the same benefits.
- Article AI marketing: What does the future hold?AI marketing uses artificial intelligence and analytics to improve marketing results while enhancing customer experiences through real-time personalization.
- Article How to improve your AI marketing skillsMarketing teams can use current AI capabilities to enhance their efforts around campaign automation, dynamic pricing based on forecasting models, and by providing more relevant, real-time customer offers.
- Webinar SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning: Getting StartedThe presentation and accompanying demonstration will offer a view into SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning.
- White Paper Artificial Intelligence in Banking and Risk ManagementGlobal Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) and SAS survey drew more than 2,000 responses from across the financial services industry to answer questions about the current and future state of AI in risk.
- Article Contact tracing investigations for public health: Technology enhances epidemic investigationWhat was once a cumbersome process that relied on an individual’s often incomplete or inaccurate memory, contact tracing investigations for public health has entered the digital era thanks to advanced analytics and data visualization.
- Article Situational awareness guides our responses – routine to crisisMany circumstances call for situational awareness – that is, being mindful of what’s present and happening around you. The COVID-19 pandemic heightened this need, as leaders across industries used analytics and visualization to gain real-time situational awareness and respond with fast, critical decisions.
- White Paper Understanding Data Streams in IoTThis paper explains how streaming analytics helps you acquire, understand and use real-time, streaming data to make fact-based, automated decisions – and instantaneously react to new information.
- E-Book What’s the new normal in health care?Even before the COVID-19 crisis, health care was changing. But the urgency of the pandemic accelerated change in health care delivery, resource optimization, data-driven thinking and decision making, and much more.
- Article 5 ways to measure beehive health with analytics and hive-streaming dataThis analytical approach to understanding bee hive health can automatically alert beekeepers to changes in hive weights, temperatures, flight activity and more.
- Customer Story IoT data with artificial intelligence reduces downtime, helps truckers keep on truckingVolvo Trucks and Mack Trucks use sensor data and SAS AI solutions to minimize unplanned downtime.
- White Paper Workforce AnalyticsThis paper explores how government HR functions can use advanced analytics, machine learning and AI to develop effective plans to meet hiring, retention and performance goals.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (People Focused), Q2 2020Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (People Focused), Q2 2020
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (Document Focused), Q2 2020Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms (Document Focused), Q2 2020.
- Customer Story Pharmacy benefit manager slashes fraud, waste and abuse using artificial intelligencePrime Therapeutics saves its clients $355 million in 18 months with AI-powered SAS Detection and Investigation for Health Care.
- Customer Story Digital retailer bags record sales with analyticsShop Direct delivers award-winning, personalized customer experiences with SAS.
- Customer Story Using artificial intelligence to decode dance patterns of beesAmesto NextBridge and Beefutures use visual analytics and machine learning to help protect and support healthy bee populations.
- Article Fighting coronavirus: 4 ways analytics is making a differenceCoronavirus has separated us from family, friends, cultural and religious communities. Unfortunately, isolation is essential to slowing the spread of the virus. What else can be done? Learn how analytics is being used to improve responses to the coronavirus outbreak.
- Article How AI and advanced analytics are impacting the financial services industryTop SAS experts weigh in on the topics that are keeping institutions up at night and fraudsters in a job.
- Customer Story Analytics turns service repair data into cost savingsAmerican Honda turns to SAS to help make sense of warranty and service data.
- Article A data scientist’s views on data literacyGet a data scientist and teacher's perspective on the value of having foundational knowledge so you can more easily tell data fact from data fiction.
- Article Jump-start COVID-19 research with text analytics Applying text analytics and AI to discover trends and commonalities among COVID-19 research documents can lead to new insights about the disease and help answer many unanswered questions.
- White Paper Text Analytics in GovernmentHow can federal, state and local government agencies capture, manage, and use the massive volumes of unstructured text data available to them? This paper explores how agencies can invest in technologies such as text analysis to help them unlock insights hidden in their "big data."
- E-Book The new analytics ecosystemMany organizations are struggling to evolve their current analytics ecosystem, with disparate groups working across multiple technologies and tools. We surveyed more than 1,000 organizations to determine their level of adoption of technology to evolve their analytics ecosystem. In this e-book, you’ll learn the results of our survey and the three approaches to analytics that deserve your attention
- Article Respond, recover and reimagineDisruptions to our lives happen regularly, though most are not as far-reaching as the COVID-19 pandemic. Whatever their nature, it’s helpful to have a plan for how to exit disruption still on your feet and in the game. Learn about the three-phase approach SAS recommends for mitigating widespread disturbances.
Machine Learning Use Cases in Financial Crimes
Learn 10 proven ways machine learning can boost the efficiency and effectiveness of fraud and financial crimes teams – from data collection to detection to investigation and reporting.
- Article Analytics enable companies to provide superior customer experience in telco businessToday in a smartphone driven world telecoms need to develop new business strategies and solutions that answer customer demand and support tech innovation.
- Article From living on the streets to owning a profitable businessZoe Empowers, a ministry for vulnerable children living in life-threatening poverty in Africa and India, finally found a way to measure and reveal its incredible impact. Using SAS, they developed an "empowerment index" that measures improvements in housing, health, education and more for program participants.
- Article Will health care be fundamentally changed post-COVID-19?Many market forces are supporting the transformation to virtual digital health programs -- the COVID-19 pandemic is just the latest compelling event.
- White Paper Getting Value From Your Data ScientistsSimply hiring expensive data scientists isn’t enough. To create real business value with data scientists, top management must learn how to manage them effectively.
- Article ModelOps: How to operationalize the model life cycleModelOps is where analytical models are cycled from the data science team to the IT production team in a regular cadence of deployment and updates. In the race to realizing value from AI models, it’s a winning ingredient that only a few companies are using.
- Article AI in government: The path to adoption and deploymentThe government sector is lagging in AI adoption, but awareness of the importance of AI in the public sector is increasing. Our survey indicates that operational issues are requiring governments to turn their attention to AI projects as a way to address important public issues.
- Article Establishing a roadmap for government data analytics takes less time than you think Public sector groups need a strategy before taking on government data analytics. Learn how to get the most from your data.
- Article AI in manufacturing: New opportunities for IT and operationsAn AI survey reveals that leaders and early adopters in AI are making important advances and are identifying and expanding on what works as they use AI in more ways and more parts of their organizations.
- Customer Story Brazil tackles insurance fraud with AI and analyticsCNseg relies on SAS to thwart fraud, improves alert accuracy by 67%.
- Article The Humanity in Artificial IntelligenceCould artificial intelligence be the change agent we need to solve many problems around the globe? Read how AI could accelerate our ability to have a a positive, lasting impact.
- Customer Story Reducing hospital-acquired infections with artificial intelligence Hospitals in the Region of Southern Denmark aim to increase patient safety using analytics and AI solutions from SAS.
- Article What do drones, AI and proactive policing have in common?Law enforcement and public safety agencies must wrangle diverse data sets – such as data from drones – in their proactive policing operations. To be most effective, they need modern tools that support AI techniques like machine learning, computer vision and natural language processing.
- Customer Story Workplace solutions retailer creates compelling customer experience via data-driven marketingOffice Depot Europe drives change by putting SAS Customer Intelligence 360 at the center of its digital transformation.
- Customer Story New Zealand Ministry of Social DevelopmentThe New Zealand Ministry of Social Development uses big data to profoundly improve the lives of citizens.
- Article Fraud detection and machine learning: What you need to knowMachine learning and fraud analytics are critical components of a fraud detection toolkit. Here’s what you’ll need to get started – from integrating supervised and unsupervised machine learning in operations to maintaining customer service while defending against fraud.
- Customer Story Advancing mental health care with predictive analyticsCanada’s Centre for Addiction and Mental Health uses SAS Analytics to improve care and streamline hospital operations.
- Customer Story Technology aims to protect vulnerable childrenSAS Visual Investigator gives social workers new insight into changing risk factors.
- Customer Story Using AI and Machine Learning to help injured workers return to workicare use SAS to power claims triage engine for faster decision-making
- Article Keeping an open mind about open analyticsSome of the smartest data science teams are using SAS alongside open source analytics. Find out how you can use both and deploy all models consistently.
- Customer Story World’s largest sports and humanitarian event builds legacy of inclusion with data-driven technologySpecial Olympics World Games Abu Dhabi uses SAS® Analytics and AI solutions to keep athletes safe and fans engaged.
- Article How to work like a disrupterFind out what companies like Netflix, Airbnb, Spotify and Lyft know about analytics that you don't know. Learn how to become technologically and analytically mature just like them.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Insight Platforms, Q1 2019 Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Insight Platforms, Q1 2019
- Customer Story Prison violence dramatically drops with analytics-based risk assessmentThe Indiana Department of Correction uses real-time data and predictive analytics from SAS to reduce violent attacks on staff by 50%.
- Customer Story Zeroing in on property values with machine learningArtificial intelligence improves assessment accuracy and productivity in Wake County.
- Customer Story Health breakthroughs driven by DNA analysisCommunity-based genetics study uses SAS machine learning and artificial intelligence to improve population health in Nevada.
- Customer Story Funding for ground-breaking childhood cancer research fueled by analyticsThe Kids’ Cancer Project uses SAS to improve fundraising efforts for vital cancer research.
- Customer Story Revolutionizing marketing campaigns with AIAlliant relies on machine learning to create qualified marketing audiences for its clients.
- Customer Story Manufacturing smarter, safer vehicles with analyticsKia Motors America relies on advanced analytics and artificial intelligence solutions from SAS to improve its products, services and customer satisfaction.
- Customer Story Curbing traffic accidents and saving lives with machine learningArtificial intelligence and cloud computing make roads safer in Western Australia.
- Analyst Report IoT Solutions World Congress 2019: The Value Is in the DataIOT Solutions World Congress 2019 was a turning point in the evolution of IoT deployments, with organizations like SAS showing real, scalable deployments of IoT solutions combined with AI.
- E-Book Analytics Really Do MatterThis LNS Research report explores the results of the 2018 Analytics That Matter survey and the unexpected (and interesting) responses from companies on their journey toward digital transformation.
- E-Book 5 Steps to Accelerate Value From Your Industrial IoT Data This e-book features five steps industrial leaders can follow to get more value from IIoT data. It describes how to craft a comprehensive IIoT strategy, what to look for in an edge-to-enterprise analytics solution, and how to evaluate IIoT solutions.
- Webinar Five AI Insights – And How Executives Can Use Them for Their AdvantageLearn insights, tips and proven practices from top leaders on the very front lines of the AI revolution.
- Article Three steps for conquering the last mile of analyticsPutting your analytical models into production can be the most difficult part of the analytics journey. It’s no surprise that this last mile of analytics – bringing models into deployment – is the hardest part of digital transformation initiatives for organizations to master, yet it’s the most crucial.
- White Paper SAS® Results Delivers ValueSAS Results combines the expertise of SAS experts with the company's leading analytics platform to give you deeper insights into your data landscape.
- Customer Story Artificial intelligence and IoT analytics keep aircraft operational for crucial missionsLockheed Martin revolutionizes aircraft maintenance with the SAS Platform.
TDWI Checklist Report | Six Best Practices to Ignite the Customer Experience with IoT
The IoT extends digital customer experience to physical customer experience and customer journeys for ultimate brand distinction. This TDWI Checklist Report, sponsored by SAS, outlines six best practices for data professionals and practitioners when using IoT to improve customer experience.
- Article As AI accelerates, focus on 'road' conditionsAI technology has made huge strides in a short amount of time and is ready for broader adoption. But as organizations accelerate their AI efforts, they need to take extra care, because as any police officer will tell you, even small potholes can cause problems for vehicles traveling at high speeds.
Data Management for Analytics: Five Best Practices
“Unpolluted” data is core to a successful business – particularly one that relies on analytics to survive. But preparing data for analytics is full of challenges. By some reports, most data scientists spend 50 to 80 percent of their model development time on data preparation tasks. SAS adheres to five data management best practices that help you access, cleanse, transform and shape your raw data for any analytic purpose. With a trusted data quality foundation and analytics-ready data, you can gain deeper insights, embed that knowledge into models, share new discoveries and automate decision-making processes to build a data-driven business.
- Series Meet the data scientist: Steve EinbenderFind out how Steve Einbender lobbied his analytics skills into a data scientist gig at Home Depot and launched the company’s Advanced Analytics Center of Excellence.
- Article The transformational power of evidence-based decision making in health policyState health agencies are under pressure to deliver better health outcomes while minimizing costs. Read how data and analytics are being used to confront our biggest health care challenges head on.
Operationalizing Analytics for Business Value
Although organizations put considerable emphasis, investment and resources into the model development stage of the analytics life cycle, operationalizing the model is often overlooked. That can lead to project failure or increase the amount of time needed to deploy a model.
This TDWI Pulse Report focuses on operationalizing analytics models in order to help organizations take action and gain value.
- Article What are chatbots?Chatbots are a form of conversational AI designed to simplify human interaction with computers. Learn how chatbots are used in business and how they can be incorporated into analytics applications.
- Customer Story A data-driven approach to suicide prevention in Australia
- Analyst Report SAS takes Event Stream Processing to Cisco's edge for Internet of Things stackSAS and Cisco work together to enable IOT type analytics from the edge of the network to the data center to the cloud, according to 451 Research.
- Analyst Report IDC Perspective: Highlights from the 2018 European SAS Conference for Industry AnalystsThis IDC Perspective summarizes key takeaways from the annual European SAS Conference for Industry Analysts.
- Analyst Report IDC: Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Software Platforms 2018 Market ShareIDC depicts worldwide AI software platforms 2018 share snapshot, showing share and share growth.
- Analyst Report SAS Dives Deeper into IoT AnalyticsIDC reviews the the latest release of SAS Analytics for IoT, a simplified offering aimed at helping customers monetize the value of their IoT data.
- Webinar Have Your Cake and Eat It Too – With R, Python + SASJoin us for a webinar and demo and learn how SAS works with R and Python to easily scale your data science efforts for enterprise analytics deployment.
What Management Must Know About Forecasting
Explore why forecasts are often wrong and learn about ways to improve them.
- Customer Story A new banking philosophy for enhanced customer loyaltyData-driven decisions help Royal Bank of Scotland transform its organizational processes, improve employee engagement and deliver excellent customer service.
Risk Adjustment in Health Care Government Programs
With advanced analytics and machine learning, health care organizations can be more timely and confident in their risk adjustment programs, more effectively managing the cost of care and building a stable annual financial portfolio.
Make every voice heard with natural language processing
Natural language processing: The communication link between human and machine intelligence.
SAS® in the Open Ecosystem
Analytics professionals can create, experiment, test and deploy analytics using different methods, languages and skill sets – within one cohesive platform – while IT can easily govern all analytical assets in a centralized manner and scale big data processing power as needed.
- Webinar Bring AI Capabilities to Life with Natural Language Processing and Text AnalyticsDiscover steps you can take to realize the promise of AI.
- Webinar The promise of data fabrics for analytics and better decisionsDiscover how to make analytically driven decisions and realize the value of data assets.
- Customer Story Telstra calls on SAS to keep customers engagedAustralia’s largest telecommunications company relies on SAS Analytics to better understand customers’ needs and develop the products and services they want.
- Customer Story Q&A: Achieving big financial gains - quicklyInsurance companies uses SAS to help business partners generate revenue increases and maintain competitive edge.
How to Do Deep Learning With SAS®
Get an introduction to deep learning techniques and applications, and learn how SAS supports the creation of deep neural network models.
- Article Machine learning, data science and AI meet IoTIn this video, Kirk Borne and Michele Null discuss the intersection of machine learning, AI and data science with IoT data and analytics.
Data Analytics at the Edge
451 Research explores the value of diverse IoT data that is processed and analyzed at the edge in environments like T&D facilities, oil fields and manufacturing shop floors.
Seven trends that will transform banking
Advanced analytics and big data are enabling smarter decisions and more efficient processes, from credit to compliance and risk management.
Bringing the Power of SAS to Hadoop
Want to get even more value from your Hadoop implementation? Learn about the SAS portfolio of solutions that enable you to bring the full power of business analytics to Hadoop.
- Customer Story Data visualization: Pathway to better customer insightUsing visual analytics, a major retail group pinpoints key trends in customer data to boost merchandizing and loyalty efforts.
- Customer Story Next-day deliveries in hand with analyticsParcel delivery company Relais Colis adapts to online shopping revolution by using SAS Visual Analytics to automate reporting, shorten delivery times.
Redefine Your Analytics Journey With Interactive Data Exploration and Predictive Analytics
What if your analytics journey were easier? It can be, in five easy steps. Learn how SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics together can provide a fast, fun way to explore data, build models and find the best performer.
- Customer Story Advanced analytics can detect and prevent insurance fraud before losses occur
Data, analytics and machine learning: The new frontier of fraud prevention
The Economist explores how global financial institutions are using advanced technologies such as machine learning to support fraud and security intelligence.
A history of hacking
The Economist explores the history of hacking and the evolution into today’s cybersecurity and fraud disruptions.
- Article Five AI TechnologiesDo you know the difference between artificial intelligence and machine learning? And can you explain why computer vision is an AI technology? Find out in this short explainer.
- Research Nerd in the herd: protecting elephants with data scienceA passionate SAS data scientist uses machine learning to detect tuberculosis in elephants. Find out how her research can help prevent the spread of the disease.
- Article Using analytics to prevent deadly infections Dignity Health’s Bio-Surveillance Program predicts new sepsis cases, allowing early intervention and saving lives.
How to Maximize the Impact of Your Analytics
Find out the results of our latest research, which revealed that the use of analytics is continuing to evolve in most organizations and that many organizations are on the path to using analytics strategically.
- Article 3 steps for AI ethicsWill artificial intelligence benefit humanity or usher in a series of unintended consequences? AI ethics may be one way to ensure artificial intelligence is used for good.
- Customer Story Property experts open analytics to new marketsNVM enhances real estate analytics with SAS Viya open architecture.
Refactoring Analytics for the Cloud
Fast-track selected analytics into the could by leveraging expertise, using the latest methods, and focusing on the end state. Find ways to create more business value with analytics in the cloud – and ways to get there faster.
- Webinar Building Trust in Data and AI: How IT and Analytics Leaders Can Partner to Drive InnovationWhy cross-functional collaboration – especially between CIOs and analytics leaders – is key to maximizing the value of AI and analytics.
- Webinar AI and Banking: Survey Reveals Success FactorsWhether you are a business or technology leader in banking, this must-attend webinar will give you a clearer, current, data-driven picture of the state of AI in banking and where it’s heading.
- Article The role for big data in health care’s triple aimIndustry consultant Carolina Wallenius explains the future of health care and the role of analytics.
The secret to IT success? Enabling choice and control
SAS can support an organziation's journey toward becoming a data- and analytics-driven organization. We can help unlock the value by enabling with choices that make sense. Plus, we can show organizations how to get the most out of technology investments.
Operationalizing Analytics: What Is State-of-the-Art in Health Care and Life Sciences?
The potential for analytics to transform health care – to make it more personalized, intelligent, cost-efficient and effective – is immense. The question is, how will you move your organization forward to exploit the power of analytics?
The Autonomous Grid in the Age of the Artificial Intelligence of Things
Explore how AI and IoT work together to deliver everything from improved threat detection to better customer engagement for utilities.
Building your data and analytics strategy
Launch successful data analytics projects, improve data prep and go beyond conventional data governance. Read on to help your organization become truly
Data, Analytics & AI: How Trust Delivers Value
The annual Data and Analytics Global Executive Study with MIT Sloan Management Review looks at how 2,400 global business leaders make decisions based on analytics insights.
The Artificial Intelligence of Things
We’re living in a world that has more connected devices than humans. See how AI amplifies the value and potential of this fast-growing Internet of Things.
Adopting AI: Industry Perspectives
From self-driving cars to supply chain jobs, detecting crime and changing healthcare, AI promises to transform our business world. The promise of AI is no longer speculative—it’s today’s reality.
Adopting AI: Strategic Takes on AI Adoption
A successful AI implementation requires a strong strategy from the beginning. Knowing how and where to fit AI into your business to gain the most benefits is crucial to drive growth.
Adopting AI: The Impacts of AI on Management
The AI revolution is no longer the stuff of science fiction – it’s corporate reality. Harvard Business Review’s AI Adoption Insight Center articles on management discuss the reality of AI execution in businesses today and what we’re learning as AI advances.
Adopting AI: Linchpins of AI Success - Data Scientists and Their Algorithms
The Harvard Business Review’s AI Adoption Insight Center focuses on the the human faces behind the computational and automation advancements that are carrying our world into exciting, uncharted territory.
Open Source for Analytics: Trends, Opportunities and Challenges
At TDWI, we see increasing interest in open source for analytics. In a recent survey, the majority of those planning advanced analytics projects are planning to do so using open source analytics technology, such as R and Python.
SAS Analytics and Open Source
Explore how organizations balance open source solutions along with commercial software to meet the requirements for statistical analysis, both within their organizations and externally with regulatory bodies.
From Data to Action
This Harvard Business Review Insight Center report examines what your data may or may not be telling you. Featuring 30 articles from researchers and practitioners in data science, marketing, and other fields, the report offer guidelines on making good use of information and turning it into profitable behaviors.
The Analytics Mandate: The Best Products Are Made With Insights
To be successful, CPG companies must work with their retailer partners to maximize online awareness while minimizing its impact on other channels. As global consumption increases, investments must be managed in emerging markets while maintaining market share in mature markets. For CPG companies, it’s a constant balancing act and more than ever analytics is needed to gain business advantage.
Accelerating the Path to Value with Business Intelligence and Analytics
Organizations need to accelerate the pace with which they realize business value from data. The focus is on improving “time to value,” which is the length of time it takes from the beginning of a project to the delivery of anticipated business value.
Predictive Analytics in Practice
This Harvard Business Review Insight Center report features 25 articles focusing on how to use predictive analytics in decision making and planning. Look at emerging best practices in the field, as well as examples of companies that use analytics in particularly innovative ways.
TDWI Checklist Report: Seven Steps for Executing a Successful Data Science Strategy
This TDWI Checklist Report describes seven steps to get started on the path to a successful data science strategy. Data science is a hot topic among business and IT leaders. However, excitement about its potential benefits is tempered by the difficulty of finding, hiring and training data science personnel – not to mention defining the term within the context of your organization
The Risks and Rewards of AI
Exploring the rise of AI, Harvard Business Review has published a collection of articles assessing the opportunities and pitfalls that could evolve, with discussions on the innovative uses of data and analytics, industry adoption, impacts to human work, and the factors of business change.
The impact of data and analytics on local government
Globally, data and analytics usage for local governments is on the rise. From planning to operational impact, municipalities benefit from data-driven decision making and data sharing. And the ultimate winners are its citizens, offering better use of taxpayer funding and improved living conditions.
SAS®: A Comprehensive Approach to Big Data Governance, Data Management and Analytics
SAS puts you in charge of burgeoning big data governance issues. See how in this paper by Sunil Soares.
Prepare Your Organization to Capitalize on Predictive Analytics
High-performing organizations take advantage of the power of analytics by channeling their efforts in four areas: focus, adopt, adapt and activate. This Harvard Business Review paper describes how to succeed in those areas, and overcome the barriers that get in the way of an ROI in analytics.
- White Paper Eight Steps for Using Analytics to Gain Value from Text and Unstructured ContentThis TDWI Checklist Report discusses the relevance of text analytics for improving user experiences with the semi-structured and unstructured textual big data now at their disposal.
- White Paper From Value to Vision: Reimagining the Possible with Data Analytics
Sales & Marketing Report 2017 - The Digital Experience
CGT’s Sales & Marketing Report 2017, sponsored by SAS, looks at progress on several key topics, including supply chain, trade promotion, direct-to-consumer marketing, data and analytics, security and the digital enterprise.
Big Data at Work
This Harvard Business Review Key Learning Summary explains how to capitalize on the data you already have and how to integrate big data into everyday business operations.
Leveraging data successfully for development
The Economist Intelligence Unit conducted a survey of global data scientists and professionals on their use and interest in data analytics. One of the key themes from the research was the desire to improve development using data – ranging from policymaking to education and health care.
Achieve Business Agility and Realize Big Data Value with Cloud Analytics
When coupled with a solid strategy, cloud analytics can play an
instrumental role in helping organizations realize big returns on big
Next-Generation Analytics and Platforms
What if you could move from data visualization to big data visualization? From slicing and dicing data to using analytics to predict outcomes? From using more than just structured data for analysis? This TDWI Best Practices Report focuses on how organizations use next-generation analytics to achieve this and more.
Using Big Data to Enable the Omnichannel Retail Experience
As trends in consumer buying patterns continue to evolve, retailers need solutions that can derive deep data analytic insights to provide a more sophisticated, centralized view of their customers’ preferences and buying journeys.
Predictive Analytics: Revolutionizing Business Decision Making
This TDWI e-book explores predictive analytics from several perspectives. First, it offers Q and A on the value, use and requirements of predictive analytics. Then, it explores three safeguards to help you avoid model-building problems.
From chaos to coherence: Managing pandemics with data
Based on a survey by The Economist Intelligence Unit on the use of data and analytics, professionals in the public and private sectors around the world viewed health care as the industry with the greatest potential to benefit from data analytics. In fact, the global sharing of health care data means most are optimistic about preventing future pandemics, and they want businesses to work closer with government entities to share health care data for the greater good.
- White Paper Analytics in Sports: The New Science of Winning
Drive Next-Generation Customer Experiences with Real-Time Connected Product and Service Analytics
SAS, Hortonworks and Intel can help you embrace technologies and processes to anticipate a wide range of customer needs, providing the foundation for next-generation customer experiences.
BI, Analytics, and the Cloud: Strategies for Business Agility
This TDWI Research report examines organizations’ experiences with, and plans for, cloud BI and analytics, new cloud models, and what should be considered when moving to the cloud.
Leadership and Big Data Innovation
A Harvard Business Review Key Learning Summary
Machine learning and artificial intelligence in a brave new world
Machine learning in the last few decades has given way to an AI revolution. From self-driving cars to virtual assistants, learn more about the endless possibilities for these developing technologies.
Cognitive Computing: Analytics and Beyond
With the addition of text and sentiment analytics, predictive modeling and sentiment prescriptive analytics, analytics has taken another leap forward. This paper, by Sue Feldman of Synthexis, explains how cognitive computing helps you understand ambiguous problems while adding accessibility to data for more users.
Drive Next-Generation Performance With Real-Time Connected Manufacturing
This special report sponsored by SAS, Intel and Hortonworks explores how manufacturers are capitalizing on the promise of the IoT, creating new value streams and revolutionizing the relationship with markets.
- White Paper Business Analytics -- Six Questions to Ask About Information and Competition
The Next Analytics Age: Machine Learning
What management and leadership challenges will the next wave of analytic technology bring? This SAS-sponsored Harvard Business Review Insight Center on HBR.org went beyond the buzz to talk about how machine learning will change companies and the way we manage them.
The Analytics Arms Race: May the Best Insights Win
Industry leaders CGT and RIS have joined forces for this annual check on the analytics maturity level in CPG and retail.
Analytics and IT
A Harvard Business Review Key Learning Summary
Improving disaster response efforts through data
This article explores the use of data and analytics in areas of social and economic development, including disaster management. The article was created with data from a survey by The Economist Intelligence Unit of data scientists and professionals in the public and private sectors globally.
Eight Considerations for Utilizing Big Data Analytics with Hadoop
This paper focuses on eight considerations when it comes to applying big data analytics to extract value from Hadoop. Readers will learn about the importance of in-memory analytics, how to optimize the data preparation processes and the skill sets needed to derive benefits from Hadoop.
Inside Sports Analytics
10 lessons that Thomas H. Davenport, Independent Senior Advisor for Deloitte Analytics, uncovered in research conducted on more than 25 professional teams effectively using analytics to improve performance and decision-making.
The Democratization of Analytics
International Institute for Analytics summarizes key questions and answers about grass-roots analytics and the business opportunities and challenges that go with this phenomenon.
Improve Customer Experience with Actionable Artificial Intelligence
While more marketers turn to artificial intelligence technologies, this new territory also raises more questions. This paper offers a detailed look into how AI works, and explores the opportunities and challenges it presents.
Business Intelligence and Analytics Capabilities Report
This report, written by the International Institute for Analytics and sponsored by SAS, examines the relationship between business intelligence (BI) and advanced analytics (AA) in large organizations. The report is based on a survey of midmarket and enterprise businesses about their current BI environments and AA capabilities, including analytics skills and self-service options. Read this report to learn more about the biggest barriers to adoption for BI and AA, the best investments for both, common pitfalls, and how to increase analytics maturity and adoption in your company.
IoT Analytics in Practice
this paper will help business decision makers make informed investment decisions about the future of their own IoT analytics projects
The Talent Dividend
Today’s organizations understand the value of competing with analytics. But this understanding has triggered a demand for analytics talent that far exceeds supply. Many companies are struggling to attract and retain the talent needed to build competitive advantage. This research report explores the success factors of data-oriented companies who are cashing in on their talent dividends. Discover the hallmarks of analytical maturity and see how your plan for developing, cultivating and retaining analytical talent stacks up.
Using Analytics to Improve Customer Engagement
The MIT Sloan Management Review's eighth annual Data & Analytics Global Executive Study and Research Report has released its latest findings regarding organizational use of analytics. Innovators continue to glean analytical insights, noting the use of data from multiple sources including customers, vendors, regulators and, in some cases, competitors.
The Autonomous Grid: Machine Learning and IoT for Utilities
Machine learning and the IoT have the power to create an increasingly autonomous grid that can eventually handle billions of endpoints on utility networks. But is the industry truly maximizing the benefits of either technology? Find out in this report.
Beyond the Hype: The Hard Work Behind Analytics Success
Why competitive advantage from analytics is declining and what to do about it
- White Paper The Analytics Mandate
In-Memory Analytics: Get Faster, Better Insights from Big Data
This QA with Tapan Patel, Global Product Marketing Manager at SAS, provides a great overview of in-memory analytics.
Analytics as a Source of Business Innovation
Competitive advantage from analytics is changing, and for the better. For the first time in four years, MIT Sloan Management Review found an increasing ability to strategically innovate with analytics based on interviews with more than 2,600 practitioners and scholars globally.
Text Analytics: Unlocking the Value of Unstructured Data
This research brief from the International Institute for Analytics and SAS outlines the challenges of implementing text analytics solutions and explores what makes this technology unique and exciting.
Minding the Analytics Gap
This MIT Sloan Management Review explores the gap between an organization’s capacity to produce analytical results and its ability to apply them effectively to business issues. The research highlights how managers can become more comfortable making decisions based on complex analytical insights that they do not yet fully understand. It also explores the difficulty this complexity poses for analytical innovators, who must continue to elicit business value from analytics in order to maintain competitive advantage.
Watching out for Worst Practices
Based on results from an IDG Research Services study, this paper explores how organizations are leveraging unstructured data – and what they must avoid.
Using Next-Generation Advanced Analytics to Harness Big Data
Discover why Heavy Reading recommends using advanced analytics from proven vendors to obtain real-time intelligence from all your big data.
BARC Score Advanced Analytics Platforms, BARC Score: Advanced Analytics Platforms
BARC Score Advanced Analytics Platforms: international vendor evaluation of advanced analytics and data mining platforms names SAS “dominator”.
- White Paper Anatomy of an Analytic Enterprise
The Machine Learning Landscape
This paper, for novice and intermediate data scientists, talks about the four widely recognized machine learning styles and their common uses, data and modeling methodologies, and popular algorithms for solving machine learning problems.
TDWI Navigator Report: Predictive Analytics
This TDWI Navigator Report for Predictive Analytics shares some key differentiators for SAS, including the breadth and depth of functionality when it comes to advanced analytics that supports executives, IT, data scientists and developers.
Your data scientist hiring guide
This ebook provides a brief guide for data scientist hiring. It offers 20 interview questions, 3 data scientist profiles and tips on building a data science program. The book provides a call-to-action to the data scientist primer page.
Data-Driven: Going from all gut to analytically inspired glory
This e-book shares in simple terms what it means to develop and cultivate a data-driven or analytic culture. It identifies key principles and practices that help an organization become more data-driven and provides a simple framework for managing that change.
Why choose a career in analytics?
Why are analytics careers so hot? A few years ago, a Harvard Business Review article by Thomas Davenport, “Data Scientist: The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century” brought analytics as a career choice into the mainstream. Then there was a recent McKinsey study that predicts 3 million big data jobs will need to be filled in the US alone. Businesses, governments and nonprofits all use analytics every single day. To make decisions. Make a difference. And do more with less. Read this e-book to see where a career in analytics could take you. Your dream job awaits.
Forecast Value Added Analysis: Step-by-Step
This paper discusses how the forecast value added (FVA) metric can be used to identify waste in forecasting processes and expose factors that diminish accuracy. The author provides detailed instruction on using FVA: from gathering data, to conducting analysis, to effectively reporting the results to management. He also discusses the real-world results of FVA analysis at companies from a variety of industries.
Structured, Large-Scale Statistical Forecasting Using SAS® Forecast Server
As forecast accuracy continues to be a key focus area in organizations today. SAS Forecast Server is designed to automatically deliver high-quality statistical forecasts quickly and efficiently. However, in some cases the size and complexity of the business problem requires some tweaking of the settings available in SAS Forecast Server to cater for the specific characteristics of different parts of the data. This paper presents a structured approach to statistical forecasting that is both flexible and uses the full power of SAS® Forecast Server without compromising user friendliness and manageability.
Unleashing the Power of Text Analytics for Hotels
Discover how text analytics can improve the way your hotel runs its business – from marketing to operations to revenue management.
Analytics Accelerates Monetization Opportunities for Connected Vehicle and Mobility Services
Learn how automakers and their partners are using IoT data and analytics to help them reshape business models, seize new sources of revenue and develop inventive ways to better serve customers.
Data Mining From A to Z
This paper shows how you can use predictive analytics and data mining to reveal new insights from data, as well as get all the pieces and parts moving together for maximum value.
- White Paper Desktop Forecasting for Small and Midsize Businesses
Building a Foundation for HR Analytics
Valuable insight into what it takes to build HR analytic competency from scratch.
The Art and Science of Reinsurance
This white paper explains how reinsurers can gain a competitive advantage by turning to technology for catastrophe modeling, data analytics and geospatial information systems (GIS) to better understand the data and their risk exposure.
Discovering What You Want: Using Custom Entities in Text Mining
Discovering the value from data can be complex – and that’s even more complicated when you focus on documents and other text information. While text analytics is an emerging field, applying advanced analytics technique to text data is a powerful means to uncover information concealed in document collections.
The Connected Vehicle. Big Data, Big Opportunities
The opportunities for the automotive industry are enormous as the number of connected vehicles is projected to outpace global population growth for the next 10 years. The data collected from these vehicles, up to 30 terabytes each day, will have wide-reaching implications for drivers and manufacturers alike.
The New Approach to Big, Complex and Always-On Data
Organizations struggling with bigger, more complicated data are finding new ways to turn this information into results. This paper provides a framework to embrace the technological and cultural shifts driving the way we consume and use information.
Machine Learning With SAS® Enterprise Miner™
Learn how SAS modelers prepared data and applied different machine learning techniques to create and identify the most accurate model for predicting churn using KDD Cup data.
*This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from SAS. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
**Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Science & Machine Learning by Peter Krensky, Carlie Idoine, Erick Brethenoux, Pieter den Hamer, Farhan Choudhary, Afraz Jaffri, Shubhangi Vashisth, March 1, 2021.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.