To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select resource type
- Analyst Report
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- Executive Brief
- Technical Paper
- White Paper
- White Paper - Partner
- Article How to drill a better hole with analyticsFrom drilling holes to preventing health care fraud, learn about some of the new technologies SAS has patented with IoT and machine learning technologies.
Adopting AI: Industry Perspectives
From self-driving cars to supply chain jobs, detecting crime and changing healthcare, AI promises to transform our business world. The promise of AI is no longer speculative—it’s today’s reality.
- Customer Story Digital retailer bags record sales with analyticsShop Direct delivers award-winning, personalized customer experiences with SAS.
- Customer Story Finding the next football star with artificial intelligenceDutch sports analytics company SciSports uses emerging tech to innovate on the pitch.
- Customer Story Machine learning helps personalize the gift card experience across retail channelsEpipoli uses SAS artificial intelligence and customer intelligence solutions to craft relevant, real-time offers for customers.
TDWI Navigator Report: Predictive Analytics
This TDWI Navigator Report for Predictive Analytics shares some key differentiators for SAS, including the breadth and depth of functionality when it comes to advanced analytics that supports executives, IT, data scientists and developers.
- Analyst Report How Data Science Teams Leverage Machine Learning and Other Advanced AnalyticsGartner's 2017 customer reference survey for data science and machine learning platforms reveals how many organizations are undertaking data science initiatives.
- Analyst Report Top Strategic IoT Trends and Technologies Through 2023In this report, Gartner examines 10 longer-term IoT technologies and trends that will be important in the 2018 through 2023 time frame.
- Customer Story Finding your best customers with machine learningSeacoast Bank enhances customer value using AI and SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya.
- Customer Story IoT data with artificial intelligence reduces downtime, helps truckers keep on truckingVolvo Trucks and Mack Trucks use sensor data and SAS AI solutions to minimize unplanned downtime.
Adopting AI: The Impacts of AI on Management
The AI revolution is no longer the stuff of science fiction – it’s corporate reality. Harvard Business Review’s AI Adoption Insight Center articles on management discuss the reality of AI execution in businesses today and what we’re learning as AI advances.
- Article The untapped potential in unstructured textText is the largest human-generated data source. It grows every day as we post on social media, interact with chatbots and digital assistants, send emails, conduct business online, generate reports and essentially document our daily thoughts and activities using computers and mobile devices.
Making Sense of AI
This e-book explores the current boundaries of AI, as well as the many ways that modern AI applications can improve our understanding of the world and enable us to make better, faster decisions.
- Analyst Report Gartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine-Learning Platforms 2019Gartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine-Learning Platforms 2019 for the sixth consecutive year.
Adopting AI: Linchpins of AI Success - Data Scientists and Their Algorithms
The Harvard Business Review’s AI Adoption Insight Center focuses on the the human faces behind the computational and automation advancements that are carrying our world into exciting, uncharted territory.
- Customer Story Artificial intelligence and IoT analytics keep aircraft operational for crucial missionsLockheed Martin revolutionizes aircraft maintenance with the SAS Platform.
- Article Analytics: A must-have tool for leading the fight on prescription and illicit drug addictionStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
- Customer Story SAS Artificial Intelligence leads to improved customer satisfactionMachine learning models powered by the SAS Platform help high-tech company Konica Minolta Japan reduce costs and enhance competitive edge.
The Risks and Rewards of AI
Exploring the rise of AI, Harvard Business Review has published a collection of articles assessing the opportunities and pitfalls that could evolve, with discussions on the innovative uses of data and analytics, industry adoption, impacts to human work, and the factors of business change.
Improve Customer Experience with Actionable Artificial Intelligence
While more marketers turn to artificial intelligence technologies, this new territory also raises more questions. This paper offers a detailed look into how AI works, and explores the opportunities and challenges it presents.
The Next Analytics Age: Machine Learning
What management and leadership challenges will the next wave of analytic technology bring? This SAS-sponsored Harvard Business Review Insight Center on HBR.org went beyond the buzz to talk about how machine learning will change companies and the way we manage them.
How to Do Deep Learning With SAS®
Get an introduction to deep learning techniques and applications, and learn how SAS supports the creation of deep neural network models.
- Customer Story AI-driven personalization gives electronics retailer a boostConrad Electronic uses customer intelligence solutions from SAS to craft relevant offers in real time.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms, Q2 2018Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms, Q2 2018
- Article What are chatbots?Chatbots are a form of conversational AI designed to simplify human interaction with computers. Learn how chatbots are used in business and how they can be incorporated into analytics applications.
Rationalizing Risk in Artificial Intelligence
Organizations that wait for AI perfection tomorrow will invariably miss out on its great potential today. Because while risk can’t be avoided entirely, it can be rationalized.
- Article Machine learning, Michael J. Fox and finding a cure for Parkinson’sUsing machine learning, data scientists developed a model that can help doctors accurately predict Parkinson's disease progression and start treatment earlier, when it will have greater impact.
Data Management for Artificial Intelligence
When machines learn from exposure to data, the truism of “garbage in, garbage out” for data is truer than ever. Now is the time for executives, particularly the chief data officer, to establish the data management strategy, technology and best practices to ensure success with machine learning.
Machine Learning With SAS® Enterprise Miner™
Learn how SAS modelers prepared data and applied different machine learning techniques to create and identify the most accurate model for predicting churn using KDD Cup data.
- Webinar Zeroing in on property values with machine learningJoin us for a webinar focused on how Wake County and SAS built cloud-based machine learning models to accurately forecast the housing market and property values.
- Article AI in manufacturing: New opportunities for IT and operationsAn AI survey reveals that leaders and early adopters in AI are making important advances and are identifying and expanding on what works as they use AI in more ways and more parts of their organizations.
- Webinar What Were You Thinking?Peek inside the mind of the machine to learn how artificial intelligence and IoT technologies think.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in the 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Multichannel Marketing HubsSAS is a Leader in the 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Multichannel Marketing Hubs.
- Article Data lineage: Making artificial intelligence smarterFor AI to reach its full potential, the data feeding its algorithms and models needs to be well-understood. Data lineage plays a vital role in understanding data, making it a foundational principle of AI.
- Customer Story Increasing customer loyalty with artificial intelligenceConnexions Loyalty Chief Data and Analytics Officer turns streaming customer data into a source of innovation.
- Customer Story Adding a human touch to medical billingBilling innovator RevSpring deploys advanced analytics and machine learning to reimagine the patient billing and communication process.
- Analyst Report Bloor InBrief: SAS Event Stream ProcessingLearn why Bloor considers SAS a major contender in the market for streaming analytics platforms due to SAS’ differentiating analytic capabilities, notable performance and continuous improvement of in-stream models using machine learning.
- Customer Story Using Artificial Intelligence to better engage with customersDaiwa Securities uses analytics and machine learning from SAS to better meet customer needs.
- Webinar An Artificial Intelligence Framework to Combat Human Trafficking How text analytics and visualization can shine a light on one of the most pressing human rights issues of our time.
Artificial Intelligence for Executives
This paper outlines the SAS approach to AI and explains key concepts. It also provides process and implementation tips if you are considering adding AI technologies to your business and analytical strategies.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Streaming Analytics, Q3 2017Streaming analytics are critical to building contextual insights for IoT, mobile, web and enterprise applications. Read the report to learn more.
- Customer Story Reducing costs by forecasting demand for nursing resources OhioHealth turns to SAS to ensure that hospitals are adequately staffed to provide optimal medical care.
Machine learning and artificial intelligence in a brave new world
Machine learning in the last few decades has given way to an AI revolution. From self-driving cars to virtual assistants, learn more about the endless possibilities for these developing technologies.
- Customer Story Health breakthroughs driven by DNA analysisCommunity-based genetics study uses SAS machine learning and artificial intelligence to improve population health in Nevada.
- Article How AI and advanced analytics are impacting the financial services industryTop SAS experts weigh in on the topics that are keeping institutions up at night and fraudsters in a job.
- Article AI in government: The path to adoption and deploymentThe government sector is lagging in AI adoption, but awareness of the importance of AI in the public sector is increasing. Our survey indicates that operational issues are requiring governments to turn their attention to AI projects as a way to address important public issues.
Advanced Analytics: Moving Toward AI, Machine Learning, and Natural Language Processing
The global excitement around the latest advancements in artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and natural language processing (NLP) technologies has increased with the evolution of computing power.
- Webinar Certification: AI and Machine Learning Professional Credential Overview Learn tips for success in earning the SAS® Certified AI and Machine Learning Professional credential.
- Article From Apollo to AI: A new era of American explorationAs we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, what’s the next frontier for American Innovation? It’s available now, from our desks and waits for us to unlock its potential.
- Webinar Five AI Insights – And How Executives Can Use Them for Their AdvantageLearn insights, tips and proven practices from top leaders on the very front lines of the AI revolution.
- Analyst Report Hype Cycle for Data Science and Machine Learning, 2018Data and analytics leaders should use this Hype Cycle to understand technologies generating excitement and inflated expectations, as well as significant movements in adoption and maturity.
Enhancing AML Efficiency and Effectiveness
Celent discusses how banks are adopting artificial intelligence, machine learning and robotic process automation, including the benefits and key lessons learned. The paper explores considerations for AI adoption and future benefits for the AML industry.
- Webinar Synergize Your Tech Stack to Realize AI’s Full Potential Learn how organizations get exponential impact through a layered AI technology stack.
- Customer Story Zeroing in on property values with machine learningArtificial intelligence improves assessment accuracy and productivity in Wake County.
AI Momentum, Maturity and Models for Success
SAS, Intel and Accenture, working with Forbes Insights, surveyed business leaders and interviewed thought leaders around the world to identify early adopters and uncover emerging best practices for AI. Find out what they had to say.
- Article A guide to machine learning algorithms and their applicationsDo you know the difference between supervised and unsupervised learning? How about the difference between decision trees and forests? Or when to use a support vector algorithm? Get all the answers here.
The Machine Learning Primer
This e-book provides a primer on machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing and cognitive computing, as well as 10 best practices and a checklist for machine learning readiness.
- Analyst Report IDC: Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Software Platforms 2018 Market ShareIDC depicts worldwide AI software platforms 2018 share snapshot, showing share and share growth.
- Article GDPR and AI: Friends, foes or something in between?The GDPR may not be best buddies with artificial intelligence – but GDPR and AI aren't enemies, either. Kalliopi Spyridaki explains the tricky relationship between the two.
- Analyst Report IDC Perspective: Highlights from the 2018 European SAS Conference for Industry Analysts
Machine Learning Use Cases in Financial Crimes
Learn 10 proven ways machine learning can boost the efficiency and effectiveness of fraud and financial crimes teams – from data collection to detection to investigation and reporting.
Marketing Analytics Meets Artificial Intelligence: Six Strategies for Success
This paper explores six ways that AI can help marketers improve their marketing effectiveness, including increasing digital intelligence by integrating web analytics data with multichannel data to gain a comprehensive view of the customer for better personalization and engagement.
The Autonomous Grid: Machine Learning and IoT for Utilities
Machine learning and the IoT have the power to create an increasingly autonomous grid that can eventually handle billions of endpoints on utility networks. But is the industry truly maximizing the benefits of either technology? Find out in this report.
- Article AI in banking: Survey reveals factors for successWhat do banking executives report about their experiences with AI? Where are they focusing today? What’s working? What are their plans for the future?
The Autonomous Grid in the Age of the Artificial Intelligence of Things
Explore how AI and IoT work together to deliver everything from improved threat detection to better customer engagement for utilities.
The Artificial Intelligence of Things
We’re living in a world that has more connected devices than humans. See how AI amplifies the value and potential of this fast-growing Internet of Things.
- Customer Story Analytics turns service repair data into cost savingsAmerican Honda turns to SAS to help make sense of warranty and service data.
Data, Analytics & AI: How Trust Delivers Value
The annual Data and Analytics Global Executive Study with MIT Sloan Management Review looks at how 2,400 global business leaders make decisions based on analytics insights.
The Machine Learning Landscape
This paper, for novice and intermediate data scientists, talks about the four widely recognized machine learning styles and their common uses, data and modeling methodologies, and popular algorithms for solving machine learning problems.
The 3 R’s of AI Adoption: Refactor, Reinvent, Reimagine
Learn how organizations are using AI to refactor, reimage and reinvent business as usual. Understand the relative impacts on business process, analytics and data practices, and DevOps at each level of adoption.
- Article Shut the front door on insurance application fraud!Fraudsters love the ease of plying their trade over digital channels. Smart insurance companies are using data from those channels (device fingerprint, IP address, geolocation, etc.) coupled with analytics and machine learning to detect insurance application fraud perpetrated by agents, customers and fraud rings.
- Article Detect and prevent banking application fraudSince credit fraud often starts with a falsified application, it makes sense to have analytics-driven tools in place to detect fraud from the earliest point and across the life of the account.
- Article The Humanity in Artificial IntelligenceCould artificial intelligence be the change agent we need to solve many problems around the globe? Read how AI could accelerate our ability to have a a positive, lasting impact.
Adopting AI: Strategic Takes on AI Adoption
A successful AI implementation requires a strong strategy from the beginning. Knowing how and where to fit AI into your business to gain the most benefits is crucial to drive growth.
- Article Five AI TechnologiesDo you know the difference between artificial intelligence and machine learning? And can you explain why computer vision is an AI technology? Find out in this short explainer.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Multimodal Predictive Analytics And Machine Learning (PAML) Platforms, Q3 2018Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Multimodal Predictive Analytics And Machine Learning (PAML) Solutions, Q3 2018.
TDWI Checklist Report | Six Best Practices to Ignite the Customer Experience with IoT
The IoT extends digital customer experience to physical customer experience and customer journeys for ultimate brand distinction. This TDWI Checklist Report, sponsored by SAS, outlines six best practices for data professionals and practitioners when using IoT to improve customer experience.
- Customer Story Advanced analytics can detect and prevent insurance fraud before losses occur
The Evolution of Analytics
Learn about modern applications for machine learning, including recommendation systems, streaming analytics, deep learning and cognitive computing. And learn from the experiences of two companies that have successfully navigated organizational and technological challenges to adopt machine learning and embark on their own analytics evolution.
- Customer Story A new banking philosophy for enhanced customer loyaltyData-driven decisions help Royal Bank of Scotland transform its organizational processes, improve employee engagement and deliver excellent customer service.
- Webinar AI and Banking: Survey Reveals Success FactorsWhether you are a business or technology leader in banking, this must-attend webinar will give you a clearer, current, data-driven picture of the state of AI in banking and where it’s heading.
- Analyst Report 5 Pitfalls to Avoid When Designing an Effective Data and Analytics Organization In this research report, Gartner examines five major pitfalls that significantly inhibit the design of an effective data and analytics organization, then discusses practical steps that data and analytics leaders can take to avoid them.
- Customer Story Using analytics to proactively treat or even prevent infections in premature babiesUMC Utrecht champions data-driven clinical decision support to provide patients with the optimal care.