Prevent fraud before claims are paid
How SAS® Can Help
Proactively uncovering fraudulent claims requires extensive data gathering and analysis, but such information is often difficult and time-consuming to obtain. With SAS, you can:
- Enhance information credibility by integrating disparate data sources and applying embedded data quality techniques.
- Find fraud before claims are paid using a hybrid of business rules, predictive analytics and social network analysis technology.
- Reduce false positives with a sophisticated fraud scoring engine.
- Improve investigator efficiency with advanced case management tools.
- Measure program performance by defining and monitoring key performance metrics.
How SAS® Is Different
Only SAS delivers a proven foundation along with best practices that tie together all the essential areas of claims fraud detection and prevention. SAS provides:
- Detection and alert generation.
- Alert management functionality.
- Social network analysis.
- Case management capabilities.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Fraud Framework for Insurance
Fraud costs the P&C industry $30 billion each year in the US alone, and that figure is projected to rise as both opportunistic and professional fraud continue to grow. It is estimated that more than 10 percent of all insurance claims are fraudulent, but insurers often accept fraud as a cost of doing business since it isn't cost-effective to pursue fraudulent claims after settlement. That's why SAS developed the SAS Fraud Framework for Insurance, an end-to-end solution for preventing, detecting and managing claims fraud across the various lines of business within today's insurers.
SAS® Enterprise Case Management
SAS Enterprise Case Management enables investigators and operational risk managers in a variety of industries – banking, insurance, government, health care, etc. – to streamline processes and conduct more efficient, effective investigations, leading to reduced costs and better fraud prevention. The solution provides a structured environment for managing investigation workflows, attaching comments or documentation and recording financial information, such as exposures and losses.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.