To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select One
- Analyst Report
- Executive Brief
- Fact Sheet
- Industry Overview
- Product Brief
- Overview Brochure
- Solution Brief
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
Achieving Program Integrity for Health Care Cost Containment Operations
Lear how taking an enterprise approach to payment integrity – one that combines advanced data management and sophisticated analytics – can help payers detect and prevent fraud; effect positive change in how providers, employees and patients behave; and substantially reduce health care costs.
Machine Learning Use Cases in Financial Crimes
Learn 10 proven ways machine learning can boost the efficiency and effectiveness of fraud and financial crimes teams – from data collection to detection to investigation and reporting.
- Customer Story Pharmacy benefit manager slashes fraud, waste and abuse using artificial intelligencePrime Therapeutics saves its clients $355 million in 18 months with AI-powered SAS Detection and Investigation for Health Care.
- Webinar Making Next-Gen AML a Reality With AI and Machine LearningAI and machine learning have the ability to transform your AML programs, but only if you select a vendor with proven implementation capability. Join us for this webinar to learn how SAS expertly delivers next-gen AML.
- White Paper Using Digital Identity To Unleash Organizational DataCustomer experience focuses on speed and ease of access, lowering friction where possible. However, this approach has the potential to open up an organization to fraudulent attacks.
- Article Unemployment fraud meets analytics: Battle lines are clearly drawnMany fraudsters seized opportunities presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. During the crisis, unemployment fraud became a battleground between international criminal networks and government agencies. Learn how analytics can save billions – and deliver benefits to those truly in need.
Using Modern Analytics to Save Government Programs Millions
Next-generation analytic tools from SAS cut across data and program silos and empower investigators to go on the offensive with fraud operators – without disrupting the efficient and timely delivery of benefits, services or tax refunds.
Managing Fraud Risk in the Digital Age
The rise of mobile and online transactions introduces new fraud risks. Retailers and payment processors must adapt their anti-fraud defenses, augmenting them with stronger, analytics-driven authentication, proactive detection and mitigation tools.
- Customer Story Financial lender cuts third-party fraud by more than 80% with layered detectionAxcess Financial uses SAS Identity 360 to dramatically reduce fraud losses and boost customer satisfaction.
Fighting Insurance Application Fraud
Learn about the advantages of using analytics-driven methods for authenticating applicants to reveal customer gaming, agent gaming and potential future claims fraud.
- Article Strengthen your payment fraud defenses with stronger authenticationThe rapid growth of digital wallets and payment applications has ushered in new payment fraud threats to consumers and organizations. Find out how the use of innovative technologies to combat payment fraud is a viable and effective solution with additional benefits.
- Customer Story Advanced analytics can detect and prevent insurance fraud before losses occur
Close the Detection Deficit with Security Analytics
Explore how security analytics can transform the way we understand threats that confront organizations of all sizes. Learn why analytical tools are becoming increasingly crucial to the enterprise security conversation.
Using Analytics to Proactively Deter Insider Threats
Explore the risk of insider threats within government agencies and discuss why a hybrid analytical approach is critical to protecting agencies against such threats.
- White Paper How Public Sector Agencies Can Use Analytics to Lead Through CrisisWhen public service leaders need to make vital decisions quickly – to guide people through a crisis and save lives – data analytics is essential.
- Webinar One Step Ahead: Fight Fraudsters With Cutting-Edge TechnologyLearn about the anticipated trends, challenges and best practices for integrating technology – including AI, advanced analytics and robotic process automation – into your organization’s fraud management strategies.
- E-Book Fight money laundering with these 5 game changers from SASEffectively battling dynamic financial crime threats requires new capabilities for AML defense – such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, intelligent automation and advanced visualization.
- White Paper Fighting Money Laundering with Intelligent AutomationThe world of money laundering and other financial crimes is changing rapidly. This International Institute for Analytics research brief shows how fraudsters and money launderers keep getting more sophisticated.
Government Procurement Offices
Find better ways to address fraud, waste and abuse – and respond more effectively to budget cuts – by using SAS to help you achieve new levels of fiscal responsibility.
- White Paper Operationalizing Analytics for Intelligent Fraud Detection and Case ManagementAs fraudsters scale up, prevention becomes more challenging. To discuss how advanced analytics helps prevent fraud, IIA spoke with Gordon Robinson, Director, Fraud and Security Intelligence at SAS.
Fraud in Communications
In a digital world where everything is available via the web, there’s a whole new level of fraud. Today’s communications providers must be vigilant. This white paper explains how organizations can implement the tools and methods to detect and combat emerging fraud methods.
- Webinar The New World of Value-Based Payments: Fighting Fraud With AnalyticsJoin SAS expert Tom Wriggins as we explore the top fraud fighting tactics to combat fraud, waste and abuse in our newly emerging world of performance/value models.
- White Paper What Lies BeneathThe prevalence of and approaches to procurement fraud in global business.
- Article Continuous monitoring: Stop procurement fraud, waste and abuse nowProcurement fraud, waste and abuse silently robs businesses an average of 5% of spend annually. And even when organizations invest in detection methods, they’re often let down by their techniques. Learn what continuous monitoring is and why this proven analytical method is key to fighting back.
- White Paper Safer communities, trusted law enforcementThrough an analytics-based approach to officer readiness, SAS can help law enforcement ensure public safety and reestablish a culture of trust.
- Webinar Fighting the Opioid Crisis: Why Program Integrity Is Essential As the opioid epidemic continues to overwhelm our systems and communities, advanced analytics is critical to combating this crisis.
AI Is at the Forefront of Reducing Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism
See how artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and robotic process automation (RPA) are helping firms overcome the challenges, improve results and make AML/CFT programs more efficient and effective.
Balancing Fraud Detection and the Customer Experience
Customers of a digital business create an intricate online footprint as they transact online. Businesses that capture and truly understand a complete identity based on online and offline attributes can seamlessly authenticate good customers and reliably spot the fraudulent or hijacked identities – in real time.
- Customer Story A risk-based approach to combat money laundering in IsraelSAS Anti-Money Laundering helps Ayalon Insurance monitor suspicious activity and meet challenging regulatory requirements.
- Webinar Is Your Customer Authentication Strategy Complete?Digital identity is becoming increasingly important to business and customer strategy. Join us to learn more about digital identity and how it can improve customer authentication.
- Article How AI and advanced analytics are impacting the financial services industryTop SAS experts weigh in on the topics that are keeping institutions up at night and fraudsters in a job.
- Article Analytics: A must-have tool for leading the fight on prescription and illicit drug addictionStates and MFCUs now have the analytics tools they need to change the trajectory of the opioid crisis by analyzing data and predicting trouble spots – whether in patients, prescribers, distributors or manufacturers. The OIG Toolkit with free SAS® programming code makes that possible.
The State of Insurance Fraud Technology
For the third consecutive time in six years, insurers report increasing amounts of suspected fraud. Nearly three-quarters of insurers in the 2018 survey say fraud has increased, an 11-point increase since 2014. The expansion in anti-fraud technology does have growth pains, however. Insurers report increased frustration with integrating data into their systems and continuing problems with high levels of false positives.
- Webinar Shell game shutdown: Redefining trade transaction monitoring with automation and analyticsLearn how and why financial institutions need to digitally transform decision processes to reduce the rising cost of trade finance compliance.
- Webinar Fighting the Opioid Crisis at the Source: Pharmacies and Physicians Learn how advanced analytics is being used to fight the opioid crisis on the provider side of the epidemic starting with the source: physicians and pharmacies.
- White Paper Payments Without BordersMitigating fraud risks in cashless payments by holistically understanding your customers across all channels.
Detect and Prevent Identity Theft
The explosion in e-commerce and online account opening has created new convenience and choice for consumers. At the same time, large-scale data breaches have created new opportunities for fraudsters, fueling an 8-percent increase in identity theft in a single year. Find out how to fight back, without hindering your good customers.
- Article Medicaid and benefit fraud in 2018 and beyondTo curb the growing amount of Medicaid and benefit fraud and improper payments, agencies and their commercial counterparts need fraud and abuse detection systems with data management and analysis that can keep up and even stay one step ahead.
- Webinar Health Care in the Post-Honesty EraIt's time for health care payers to assess payment integrity practices and develop a strategy around advanced analytics to modernize and thrive.
- Article The state of insurance fraud technologyA 2019 Coalition Against Insurance Fraud study surveyed 84 companies on their use of anti-fraud technologies and compared results to 2014 and 2016. Get the highlights here.
- Webinar Top Trends Impacting Tax Administrators in 2021Identify the top trends and economic changes reshaping how governments collect taxes
Managing the Intelligence Life Cycle
Because terrorists and other criminals are already using technology to carry out their missions, intelligence professionals need to access all available, appropriate information, to extract important elements and process, analyze and disseminate it quickly to keep ahead of potential threats.
- Webinar Catch a Fraudster: Finding the Needle in the Haystack With AILearn how Prime Therapeutics, the pharmacy benefit manager that Fast Company named among the world’s most innovative companies for 2020, uses SAS® AI to fight fraud, waste and abuse.
Keeping Fraud Detection Software Aligned With the Latest Threats
Learn how SAS enables end users to keep fraud detection software current and able to detect new threats.
- Customer Story Halting payments to healthcare fraudstersState of Illinois identifies and tackles claims fraud with SAS Analytics.
- Article Stop contract and procurement fraudFraud affects an estimated 30 percent of organizations' procurement processes. Beyond business rules and anomaly detection, analytics can detect and prevent fraud and preserve the integrity of the procurement process.
How AI and Machine Learning Are Redefining Anti-Money Laundering
Machine learning can play a big role in the defense against money laundering, either to automate tasks that formerly required human intervention, such as managing the data to train models, or detect more financial crimes risk that rules and more basic analytic techniques might miss.
- Customer Story Preventing crime and ensuring compliance at 120 Nordic banksSDC enables small and medium financial institutions in four Nordic countries to stay compliant.
- Customer Story Analytics powers anti-money laundering effortsSAS helps Landsbankinn reduce false positives and streamline investigation.
How to Succeed With Fraud Analytics
Any large organization that could be a target for fraud has vast resources of data that could power an analytics-driven defense. Find out about the three pillars of analytics success, the eight realities that are reshaping the fraud management environment, and six ways to make a solid business case for funding a new or upgraded fraud analytics program.
- Webinar Evolutions in Anti-Fraud Technology: Leveraging Advanced Analytics and AI to Stay Ahead of Insurance Fraud Learn how better access to data, powerful analytics tools and advancements in AI are empowering the next generation of anti-fraud efforts.
- Webinar Managing Risk in the Age of FraudLearn about the top 10 predictions for fraud in 2020 and the critical role that AI will play in digital transformation.
- Webinar Payments Without Borders: Prevent Fraud and Improve the Customer ExperienceLearn how advanced analytics and machine learning help financial organizations proactively detect and prevent fraudulent payments.
- Article Applying technology to ensure voter integrity in electionsVoter integrity is becoming a serious concern for many elections. Recent disclosures of foreign influence campaigns using social media highlight the potential impact on the integrity of the democratic process. In monitoring your systems, technology can identify both legitimate and fraudulent activity; the balancing act is to minimize the impact on legitimate activity while preventing acts of cyber-criminals and fraudsters.
- White Paper Top Trends: Why Tax Administrators Are Adopting New Data and Analytics StrategiesDespite best efforts, governments lose several trillion dollars annually to the economic crimes of tax evasion and noncompliance. Learn about the top five trends shaping the future for tax administrators.
What's Next in Local Government?
A special report from Government Executive’s Route Fifty and the International City/County Management Association (ICMA), features the rising stars and big ideas advancing local government now and in the future.
- Webinar How Can I Save Time and Build Trust With My Data Preparation?Learn how to use AI and machine learning to save time and build trust in your data preparation techniques.
- Webinar SAS Identity Series: Your Identity Risk Management Strategy: From Obstacles to ActionJoin our experts in part 2 of the SAS Identity Series as we discuss how to effectively move your identity risk management strategy forward in the organization – from next steps to overcoming obstacles to successful execution.
How Advanced Analytics Can Prevent Medicaid Fraud
Medicaid fraud is prevalent, costly and difficult to prevent. With a combination of more integrated data and advanced analytics, state agencies can turn the tables on fraudsters. They can accelerate the transition from detection to prevention, as new forms of fraud are recognized faster and fewer improper payments go out the door.
Opportunities for Insurers: Operationalizing Analytics
As insurers expand the applications of analytics across business functions – underwriting to claims to marketing – they have to master the basics: quality data, business and analytical skills, and focused strategy. To explore what it takes to operationalize analytics in the insurance industry, IIA spoke with Jim Hulett, Insurance Solutions Consultant in the Global Security Intelligence Practice at SAS.
- White Paper Value and Opportunity: An Executive Guide to Procurement IntegrityProcurement integrity (PI) represents a broader problem and bigger opportunity than most businesses recognize. Comprehensive PI programs continuously validate purchasing transactions, using data and analytics to trace patterns, spot anomalies, and reduce fraud, waste and abuse.
- Article Next generation anti-money laundering: robotics, semantic analysis and AIAnti-money laundering taken to its next level is sometimes referred to as AML 2.0 or AML 3.0. What does this next wave of AML technology look like? What can it do that you can’t do with traditional AML? See the results innovative financial institutions around the globe are already getting.
Data and Analytics to Combat the Opioid Epidemic
Physicians, patients, policy makers, pharma companies and more must work together to stem the opioid epidemic. But we often don’t have complete data to understand what’s happening and reduce addiction and deaths. This research brief from the International Institute for Analytics and SAS explores how data and predictive analytics can help develop better treatment protocols, both for initial pain and for remediation when patients become dependent on the drugs.
- Article Fraud detection and machine learning: What you need to knowMachine learning and fraud analytics are critical components of a fraud detection toolkit. Here’s what you’ll need to get started – from integrating supervised and unsupervised machine learning in operations to maintaining customer service while defending against fraud.
- Webinar Cracking the Digital Identity Crisis With Fraud Analytics, AI and MLLearn how diving deep into data helps organizations gauge whether their customers are real and reduce losses from the fastest-growing financial crime in the US.
As criminals find new ways to exploit technology and target potential victims, anti-fraud professionals must adopt new technologies to effectively navigate the evolving threat landscape.
- White Paper When Seconds Count: How Security Analytics Improves Cybersecurity DefensesLearn about successes and roadblocks in the effort to improve cybersecurity defense in this report, which discusses the findings of a Ponemon Institute research study to determine the experience of adopting security analytics as part of an organization's cybersecurity strategy and the impact to security postures.
- Analyst Report SAS named Best in Class in Aite Matrix: Case Management to Combat Global Fraud and Money LaunderingAite names SAS Best in Class in Aite Matrix: Case Management to Combat Global Fraud and Money Laundering.
- White Paper Banking Application Fraud: Enemy at the GatesFind out how you can connect the dots from day one by creating multiple levels of detection that use different analytical techniques to identify both known and unknown patterns, yet one that can evolve and adapt with time.
Analytics to Fight Tax Fraud
This discussion summary from the International Institute for Analytics featuring SAS explores the challenges, opportunities and value of tax fraud analytics.
- Customer Story Brazil tackles insurance fraud with AI and analyticsCNseg relies on SAS to thwart fraud, improves alert accuracy by 67%.
- Webinar Top Trends for Tax Administrators Learn how advanced analytics helps tax administrators across the globe effectively manage the five top trends shaping the tax administration in 2020.
- Customer Story Fast analytical defenseDeutsche Kreditbank AG combats fraud and money laundering with SAS.
Procurement Integrity Powered by Continuous Data Monitoring
Why do many otherwise well-intentioned employees feel tempted to commit fraud today – and end up being successful for so long? Explore how you can change this using SAS for Procurement Integrity.
- Webinar Transforming Investigations: Shifting the Needle From Reactive to Proactive Learn about the new analytical strategies that can help you become more effective and efficient in conducting your own intelligent investigations.
- White Paper Advanced Analytics For Dissolving Data SilosThe growing need for data storage has heightened the proliferation of data silos. Readers will learn how organizations can apply machine learning and artificial intelligence to battle fraud, confirm customer identities and build data systems to avoid potential silos.
Leveraging Analytics to Combat Digital Fraud in Financial Organizations
International Institute for Analytics summarizes key questions and answers about financial fraud in the digital age.
- Article Managing fraud risk: 10 trends you need to watchSynthetic identities, credit washing and income misrepresentation – these are just some of the trends to watch if you’re trying to understand how to manage fraud risk. Find out what’s on the top 10 list of trends according to experts like Frank McKenna and Mary Ann Miller.
- Webinar Understanding Your Customer in a Digitized LandscapeExperts from SAS and Javelin Strategy & Research discuss the pandemic-driven increase in digital banking and its effects on the fraud landscape and the customer experience.
- Customer Story Turkish insurer achieves real-time fraud detectionAksigorta uses advanced analytics to increase fraud detection rate by 66 percent.
Stronger Cybersecurity Starts with Data Management
Cybersecurity professionals are changing their focus from prevention to detection. This paper describes how security analytics and proper data management help organizations quickly identify and investigate abnormal network behavior.
- Article Detect and prevent banking application fraudSince credit fraud often starts with a falsified application, it makes sense to have analytics-driven tools in place to detect fraud from the earliest point and across the life of the account.
- White Paper The Escalation of Digital FraudThis Javelin Research report is based on 120 independent interviews of payment and security executives in 20 countries and delivers a clear picture of how digital fraud has changed the global operating environment for financial institutions.
Data, analytics and machine learning: The new frontier of fraud prevention
The Economist explores how global financial institutions are using advanced technologies such as machine learning to support fraud and security intelligence.
- Analyst Report Chartis RiskTech Quadrant for Enterprise Fraud Solutions, 2021: Vendor AnalysisChartis RiskTech Quadrant for Enterprise Fraud Solutions, 2021 has named SAS a category leader for enterprise fraud solutions.
- Article Shut the front door on insurance application fraud!Fraudsters love the ease of plying their trade over digital channels. Smart insurance companies are using data from those channels (device fingerprint, IP address, geolocation, etc.) coupled with analytics and machine learning to detect insurance application fraud perpetrated by agents, customers and fraud rings.
- White Paper Rethinking customer due diligenceHelp evaluate your organization's CDD processes and technology relative to current industry risks and regulatory requirements.
- White Paper What is next-generation AML? The fight against financial crime fortified with robotics, semantic analysis and artificial intelligence
- White Paper Detect and prevent digital banking fraudDiscover how banks can fight identity-based fraud attacks using proven analytical methods to detect the fraudsters while expediting service for legitimate customers.
- Customer Story Thai bank safeguards customers while managing fraud detection in real timeKrungsri Consumer uses SAS® Fraud Management to find fraud faster and reduce revenue losses.
- Webinar SAS Identity Series: Building a Business Case for Identity Risk ManagementJoin our panel of fraud, risk and innovation experts in part 1 of the SAS Identity Series as we explore how companies can most effectively connect with customers while mitigating identity fraud and risk.
- E-Book High velocity decisions. Trusted outcomes.Protecting against fraud, money laundering and public security challenges requires making intelligent decisions that guide swift, effective actions.