Become data-driven, and make better decisions using data you can trust.
Boost productivity and work more efficiently.
No matter where your data is stored – from cloud, to legacy systems, to data lakes, like Hadoop – SAS Data Management helps you access the data you need. Create data management rules once and reuse them, giving you a standard, repeatable method for improving and integrating data – without additional cost.
Collaborate easily with other teams.
As an IT expert, it's easy to get entangled in tasks outside your normal duties. SAS Data Management enables your business users to update data, tweak processes and analyze results themselves, freeing you up for other projects. Plus, a built-in business glossary as well as SAS and third-party metadata management and lineage visualization capabilities keep everyone on the same page.
Use one seamless technology and be confident your data is ready for action.
SAS Data Management technology is truly integrated, which means you’re not forced to work with a solution that’s been cobbled together. All our components – from data quality to data federation technology – are part of the same architecture. And we’re experts at making sure data is prepared for visualization, analytics or operational use. We promote data quality, transparency and accountability. Built-in auditing tools monitor processing. And source data lineage enables you to trace data usage across the organization.
Support data fabrics.
SAS Data Management gives you the perfect balance of choice and control, enabling you to run in a variety of compute environments with virtually any data – from new computer tiers (Spark, MapReduce, Presto), files systems (S3, Parquet, Avro, Orc) and databases (MongoDB, RedShift, Cassandra) to existing database systems (Teradata, Oracle, SAP). Deploy your ETL flows to run in multiple computing frameworks. Reuse ETL and data quality processes to ensure consistent, trusted data and prevent new silos from developing. Combine batch data with data in motion to glean new insights for calls to action, with real-time alerts and notifications.
Efficiently manage metadata.
Store and manage technical, business, process and administrative metadata to facilitate reuse of existing table definitions, business rules and more. Mapping technologies make it easy to propagate column definitions from sources to targets and create automated, intelligent table joins across both SAS and third-party data integration and data modeling tools.
Explore More on SAS® Data Management and Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Customer Story University aces data strategy to retain more studentsBetter student outcomes, million-dollar savings just the beginning for the University of North Texas.
- Customer Story New Zealand Ministry of Social DevelopmentThe New Zealand Ministry of Social Development uses big data to profoundly improve the lives of citizens.
- Webinar The promise of data fabrics for analytics and better decisionsDiscover how to make analytically driven decisions and realize the value of data assets.
- Customer Story Data management key to trucking companyPitt Ohio refines address information for more efficient shipping times, advanced logistics.
Bringing the Power of SAS to Hadoop
Want to get even more value from your Hadoop implementation? Learn about the SAS portfolio of solutions that enable you to bring the full power of business analytics to Hadoop.
Building an Analytical Culture for Success
An ambitious, culture-centric project reshaped people’s attitudes about data and quickly returned more than a $1 million in cost savings. See the six guiding principles that led to success where three earlier attempts had failed.
How to Apply Analytics to Government Workplace Challenges
See how local, state and federal government agencies can use data and analytics to address the challenges of attracting and keeping the right people, developing a workforce that can deliver the agency’s mission, and doing it efficiently for the best return to taxpayers.
Managing the Analytics Life Cycle for Decisions at Scale
Let the SAS Analytics Life Cycle guide you through the iterative process of going from raw data to predictive modeling to automated decisions, faster. This paper tells you how.
Data Management in Action: Solving Real-World Challenges
Discover how a solid data management foundation helps you make better decisions and attain business success.
I Spy PII: How to Use SAS® Data Management for Personal Data Protection
Get a step-by-step look at how to use SAS Data Management software to access, identify, govern, protect and audit personal data across your organization.
Data Integration Déjà Vu: Big Data Reinvigorates DI
Discover why the latest evolution of data integration delivers more value from big data.
The General Data Protection Regulation: What It Means and How SAS® Data Management Can Help
Find out how the GDPR could affect your business and how SAS Data Management solutions can help you prepare.
- Customer Story Automated laboratories improve uptime with analyticsPredictive service and maintenance keeps Siemens Healthineers lab tests running on time.
- Analyst Report SAS throws its hat into the self-service data preparation ring with Data Loader for Hadoop
- Customer Story Smart data exploration advances K-12 public education programsThe South Carolina Department of Education depends on SAS to analyze data and properly fund and serve its school districts.
- Customer Story The right gift for every occasion1-800-FLOWERS.COM relies on marketing automation and data management from SAS to help customers find the perfect present
Check out these products related to SAS Data Management, built on the powerful SAS® Platform.
- SAS/ACCESS® Interface to HadoopGet out-of-the-box connectivity between SAS and Hadoop, via Hive.
- SAS® In-Database TechnologiesShorten the time needed to perform key data quality and analytic processes by carrying out these functions within the database.