Comprehensive data governance tools for maintaining consistent data governance policies, processes and owners for your corporate information.
Spend less time managing your data – and more time managing your business – with trusted data governance tools.
Control your data through better policies and parameters.
When it comes to knowing what’s happening with your data and who’s altering it, you don’t have to guess – you can know. Set guidelines around who sees what information. Enforce who makes changes – and what changes they can make. Generate snapshots of past business terms and relationships to better meet regulatory requirements. You have the power to be proactive, without compromising security.
Define terms, promote collaboration and pinpoint issues with a business glossary.
SAS Data Governance doesn’t just deliver a standard-issue glossary. It gives you a powerful, interactive repository of terms and definitions that makes it easier to flag and fix issues. You can create and manage SAS and third-party metadata – all from an integrated, workflow-driven environment. Plus you can visualize and create reports to track remediation issues or monitor data health.
Measure your success and track progress.
With built-in reporting, monitoring and validation, our data governance tools let you know if you’re succeeding, or whether you need to make changes. You can use an intuitive dashboard to monitor trends. Know when policies are being followed. And trace them when they aren't.
Manage reference data from a single location.
Setting up and maintaining reference data is easy for both business and IT. Your tech experts build a table directly into a job – and then that information can be updated by business users. It's an efficient way to keep your big data updated and accurate, even if it’s stored in Hadoop or Impala.
Explore More on SAS® Data Governance and Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Webinar Data Management for Streaming DataLearn how to automatically ingest, transform and prepare streaming data in near-real time.
- Article Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- Article The transformational power of evidence-based decision making in health policyState health agencies are under pressure to deliver better health outcomes while minimizing costs. Read how data and analytics are being used to confront our biggest health care challenges head on.
- Customer Story North Carolina gets tougher on crimeLaw enforcement and criminal justice officials in North Carolina improved data access with an annual savings of $12 million.
- Webinar Building a Single Source of Data for Data Science, Discovery and DecisioningLearn how to build a single source of data for use by SAS® Viya® and SAS®9 users without centralizing all your data.
- Article 5 ways to become data-drivenSuccessful data-driven businesses foster collaborative, goal-oriented cultures, have leaders who believe in data and are governance-oriented. Read more in this summary of TDWI research that uncovers best practices for becoming data-driven.
- Analyst Report Bloor Market Update: Streaming AnalyticsLearn why Bloor considers SAS a major contender in the market for streaming analytics platforms due to SAS’ differentiating analytic capabilities, notable performance and continuous improvement of in-stream models using machine learning.
- Customer Story Adding a human touch to medical billingBilling innovator RevSpring deploys advanced analytics and machine learning to reimagine the patient billing and communication process.
- Webinar Data Governance Doesn’t End Where the Cloud BeginsLearn why a strong data governance strategy is needed to support your move to the cloud.
- Webinar Is Dated Data Impacting Your Decisions? Data Preparation Can Help. Minimize the time you spend preparing data so you can spend more time analyzing it.
- Webinar Real-Time Connected Customer Experiences – Easier Than You ThinkGrowth in today’s hyper competitive marketplace is driving intense focus on digitally transforming the customer experience – and for good reason.
- Webinar Create a Resilient Data and Analytics Strategy to Make Informed Decisions in Uncertain Times Learn specific analytic strategies to weather the storm during hard times – and thrive after they’ve passed.
- Article Bringing data to the streamHow much do we know about fresh water systems and the dynamic nature of streams and rivers? Find out how one data scientist turned his fascination with streams and rivers into a career.
- Customer Story World’s largest sports and humanitarian event builds legacy of inclusion with data-driven technologySpecial Olympics World Games Abu Dhabi uses SAS® Analytics and AI solutions to keep athletes safe and fans engaged.
- Article GDPR and AI: Friends, foes or something in between?The GDPR may not be best buddies with artificial intelligence – but GDPR and AI aren't enemies, either. Kalliopi Spyridaki explains the tricky relationship between the two.
- Customer Story Taming the data beastThe largest home shopping outlet in Korea used SAS to improve data quality, speed up deployment, gain business efficiency and improve service.
- Webinar Gaining Faster Insights From Faster DataLearn how to make the most of the latest technologies and strategies to help you quickly go from data to decision
- Article 5 data management best practices to help you do data rightFollow these 5 data management best practices to make sure your business data gives you great results from analytics.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Insight Platforms, Q1 2019 Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Insight Platforms, Q1 2019
- Customer Story New Zealand Ministry of Social DevelopmentThe New Zealand Ministry of Social Development uses big data to profoundly improve the lives of citizens.
- Article IoT: The customer experience accelerator you can't afford to ignoreIoT represents a powerful source of data that, when combined with analytics, can yield insights on everything from behavior to emotions to health. And that's why it's key to improving customer experience.
- Analyst Report Gartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Quality SolutionsSAS believes product innovation and trusted support are key to market growth for data quality solutions.
- Webinar Designing Tomorrow’s Competitive Energy Provider via Data GovernanceGet an overview of building a data governance program that equips utility organizations and leaders with the tools for future success.
- Article Data lineage: Making artificial intelligence smarterFor AI to reach its full potential, the data feeding its algorithms and models needs to be well-understood. Data lineage plays a vital role in understanding data, making it a foundational principle of AI.
- Webinar The promise of data fabrics for analytics and better decisionsDiscover how to make analytically driven decisions and realize the value of data assets.
- Analyst Report SAS throws its hat into the self-service data preparation ring with Data Loader for HadoopThe strategy centers on three key themes: 'big data'management and governance involving Hadoop, the streamlining of access to information, and the use of its federation and integration offerings to enable the right data to be available, at the right time.
- Customer Story Identifying potential trouble spotsFlorida DOC turns to SAS Analytics to help improve citizen safety.
- Webinar Data Management and AI Together: A Recipe for Success Ensure that your artificial intelligence initiatives are successful by incorporating data management.
- Webinar Creating a Data-Driven Culture: How Culture Impacts the Success or Failure of Advanced Analytics and AI Join HBR and world-renowned thought leader Tom Davenport to learn key insights into building a data-driven culture inside your organization.
- E-Book Operationalizing AnalyticsExplore how to overcome difficulties related to data and operationalizing analytics. We’ll also look at how one industry – banking – has been able to realize the full benefit of its analytics investment.
- Customer Story Data quality lifts sales effortsBMC Software achieves real-time data quality to meet customer demand.
- Customer Story Improving loss ratios and profitabilityTriad Analytic Solutions helps insurers benefit from advanced analytics.
- Webinar Improving Manufacturing Quality and Asset Performance With Industrial IoTDiscover how new real-time analytics approaches are driving next-generation manufacturing performance.
- Webinar Making Open Source Analytics Work for BusinessJoin Teradata and SAS and learn how to unlock the power of open source for your business.
- Article What big data has brought to the privacy discussionHow does big data impact your privacy? There are ways to balance privacy and security in an increasingly transparent and dangerous world.
- Article Personal data: Getting it right with GDPRTo learn more about the definition of personal data, why it’s in the news and why it’s being tightly regulated by laws like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we interviewed Jay Exum, Privacy Counsel at SAS.
- Webinar Using SAS With Git: Bring a DevOps Mindset to Your SAS CodeLearn how to add source control, code collaboration and continuous integration and deployment to your SAS processes
- Customer Story Smart data exploration advances K-12 public education programsThe South Carolina Department of Education depends on SAS to analyze data and properly fund and serve its school districts.
- Analyst Report Bloor InBrief: SAS Event Stream ProcessingLearn why Bloor considers SAS a major contender in the market for streaming analytics platforms due to SAS’ differentiating analytic capabilities, notable performance and continuous improvement of in-stream models using machine learning.
- Analyst Report SAS takes Event Stream Processing to Cisco's edge for Internet of Things stackSAS and Cisco work together to enable IOT type analytics from the edge of the network to the data center to the cloud, according to 451 Research.
- Interview Toyota Financial Services’ CIO is a model for change: part innovator, part gatekeeper CIO Ron Guerrier walks a fine line, gently snuffing out rogue IT activities activities without impinging on the innovation and real-time needs that drove business users to adopt them in the first place.
- Customer Story University aces data strategy to retain more studentsBetter student outcomes, million-dollar savings just the beginning for the University of North Texas.
Check out these products related to SAS Data Governance, built on the powerful SAS® Platform.
- Data Management SoftwareGo beyond managing your data to unleashing its full potential.
- SAS® Data ManagementEnsure better, more reliable data integrated from any source.