Solvency II Compliance
Ensure compliance while reducing risk and increasing stakeholder confidence
A 2008 survey of insurance executives revealed that among respondents: 93 percent believed that Solvency II would increase the importance of risk management capabilities, and 86 percent said that their organization's risk culture and quantitative risk management need improvement.
How SAS® Can Help
Insurance companies that treat Solvency II as a pure compliance exercise will be making a mistake. Instead, insurers should focus on identifying the commonalities between business needs and compliance requirements, because doing so will create opportunities to improve overall business efficiency and strategic planning. With SAS Solvency II solutions, you can:
- Meet Solvency II requirements with a risk framework that supports both standard and internal model approaches.
- Reduce the impact of risks by applying advanced analytics that enable insurers to anticipate enterprise risks and initiate risk control measures to mitigate losses.
- Lower your total cost of ownership with a single, integrated solution.
- Ensure transparency and traceability across the entire process.
How SAS® Is Different
Recognized as the industry leader in analytics, SAS provides capabilities to help insurers comply with the Solvency II regulations and beyond. With SAS you get:
- A robust risk analytics framework.
- A data repository and insurance-specific data model.
- Superior data integration capabilities.
- Flexible reporting capabilities.
- Easy integration into risk software and insurance applications.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Risk Management for Insurance
SAS Risk Management for Insurance is a comprehensive solution for performing risk analysis and risk-based capital calculation for insurers. The solution enables life and P&C insurance companies to implement the Solvency II standard model approach for calculating risk-based capital and is built on a robust data management and reporting platform that includes an insurance-specific data model for complex risk analytics.
SAS® Enterprise GRC
SAS Enterprise GRC provides an integrated platform for standardizing and managing strategic and operational risks, as well as consolidating information from all financial risk management systems (credit risk, market risk, etc.) into an enterprisewide view of risk. The solution links your GRC functions to strengthen governance and foster trust by aligning GRC principles with business objectives and strategy execution.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.