Integrate risk management throughout the enterprise
" We are now much more confident in making reinsurance decisions. Today we have a daily, real-time view of our risk."
— John Savage
Vice President, Strategic Risk Analysis, Chartis
How SAS® Can Help
To survive and emerge stronger from the financial crisis, it is essential that insurance companies implement a risk management strategy throughout their organizations. With SAS insurance risk management solutions, you can:
- Ensure accurate information by integrating disparate data and automatically applying embedded data quality techniques.
- Reduce the impact of risks by applying advanced analytics that allow insurers to anticipate enterprise risks and initiate risk control measures to minimize losses.
- Employ stress testing to determine the potential effect of dramatic changes in market circumstances.
- Reduce implementation time and expenses with a single, integrated solution.
- Improve business decisions by allowing risk analysts to access and communicate information when they need it, in the format and level of detail they require.
How SAS® Is Different
Only SAS offers a modular, end-to-end solution for managing risk that lets you oversee the whole process easily. SAS provides:
- A single integrated, scalable risk framework.
- Superior data integration capabilities.
- A data repository and insurance-specific data model.
- A sophisticated risk engine.
- Flexible reporting capabilities.
SAS also gives you the flexibility to implement the solution using a phased approach, starting where your needs are greatest and adding over time as needs change.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Risk Management for Insurance
SAS Risk Management for Insurance is a comprehensive solution for performing risk analysis and risk-based capital calculation for insurers. The solution enables life and P&C insurance companies to implement the Solvency II standard model approach for calculating risk-based capital and is built on a robust data management and reporting platform that includes an insurance-specific data model for complex risk analytics.
SAS® OpRisk Management
SAS OpRisk Management is an end-to-end solution built on the industry-leading SAS Business Analytics Framework. The solution includes a Web-based application for collecting, managing, tracking and reporting risk information; an advanced modeling engine; and the world's largest and most comprehensive database of publicly reported operational losses.
SAS® Enterprise GRC
SAS Enterprise GRC provides an integrated platform for standardizing and managing strategic and operational risks, as well as consolidating information from all financial risk management systems (credit risk, market risk, etc.) into an enterprisewide view of risk. The solution links your GRC functions to strengthen governance and foster trust by aligning GRC principles with business objectives and strategy execution.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.