Explore resources related to utility analytics.
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- Executive Brief
- Fact Sheet
- Industry Overview
- Product Brief
- Overview Brochure
- Solution Brief
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
Discover best practices to help upstream operators manage complex parameters, and learn how SAS technologies address even the most difficult data management and analytical challenges.
- Article Load Forecasting: Ensuring supply meets energy demandLoad forecasting helps energy suppliers meet demand for residential and commercial customers. As renewable energy resources increase, the necessity for a technology platform that adapts to load forecasting requirements becomes crucial.
- Customer Story Electric cooperative sharpens forecasts, reduces energy costsNCEMC decreases forecast generation time from six weeks to just a few hours.
Utility analytics in 2017: Aligning data and analytics with business strategy
To better understand organizational readiness for analytics and key areas of analytic priority in this diverse business landscape, SAS conducted an industry survey. The survey explored the issues and trends that are shaping how utilities are deploying data and analytics to achieve their business goals.
- White Paper Risk Aggregation: Enhancing Energy Risk Management with Data Integration and Advanced Analytics
How Real-Time Analytics on Streaming Data Can Transform the Oil Industry
See how streaming data and real-time analytics are shifting the oil industry’s responsiveness into high gear.
Drilling Optimization Through Advanced Analytics Using Historical and Real-Time Data
With SAS Visual Analytics, drilling engineers, advisors and asset team members can use intuitive analytic tools to improve understanding of their wells and operations – without being statisticians.
The Future of Risk Modeling
Explore the future of risk modeling with a comprehensive offering that covers data management, modeling, governance, reporting, batch execution, real-time scoring and decisioning with a platform designed for all types of risk models.
- E-Book Internet of Things: Understanding the JourneyWhether your focus is business outcomes or technology challenges, this guide provides the insights to accelerate your IoT journey.
Making Sense of AI
This e-book explores the current boundaries of AI, as well as the many ways that modern AI applications can improve our understanding of the world and enable us to make better, faster decisions.
- E-Book Becoming a data-driven organizationLearn about the three foundations of becoming data-driven – data management, analytics and visualization – and how they can increase profitability, boost performance, raise market share and improve operations.
- White Paper Conquering the Digital Divide in the Midst of the DownturnLearn how your peers find paths to analytic success, turning oil and gas data into improved business insights.
- White Paper Dodd-Frank Title VII Compliance
How Does Forecasting Enhance Smart Grid Benefits?
Examines the new challenges affecting forecasters, as well as the opportunities for harnessing smart grid data to get the most out of forecasting.
- E-Book How Customer Intelligence Is Energizing the Utilities IndustryLearn how to use customer analytics to move from mass marketing that often misses your targeted customers (or comes at the wrong time) to more right-timed and contextual offers based on the data you already have.
Analytics and the Modern Energy Supplier
Find out why the modern energy supplier must consider how to incorporate IoT and AI in their business operations to improve data-driven decisions and achieve greater return on asset investments.
- Customer Story Partnership delivers powerful lessons for energy retailerRed Energy uses SAS Results to help launch its battery and solar operation.
- Webinar Investigating Adverse Weather Effects on Electric Power DemandJoin experts from SAS and Solution Design Team to investigate the costs and benefits of traditional benchmarking weather normalization processes versus load normalization against the effects of weather.
- White Paper Understanding Data Streams in IoTThis paper explains how streaming analytics helps you acquire, understand and use real-time, streaming data to make fact-based, automated decisions – and instantaneously react to new information.
IoT Analytics in Practice
this paper will help business decision makers make informed investment decisions about the future of their own IoT analytics projects
Artificial Intelligence for Executives
This paper outlines the SAS approach to AI and explains key concepts. It also provides process and implementation tips if you are considering adding AI technologies to your business and analytical strategies.
- Analyst Report Data Analytics at the Edge
- Customer Story Electric co-op forecasts demand and transmission needs NOVEC, a regional electricity cooperative, relies on SAS to forecast demand for power as well as for future infrastructure needs.
The Autonomous Grid in the Age of the Artificial Intelligence of Things
Explore how AI and IoT work together to deliver everything from improved threat detection to better customer engagement for utilities.
- White Paper Designing the Infrastructure for Credit Risk Model Development and Deployment in UtilitiesExplore the challenges of setting up credit risk modeling – and how to establish an effective program through better planning and design.
- Article Internet of things applications across multiple industriesLearn about existing Internet of Things applications in five industries, and get advice on how to develop your own Internet of Things applications.
Digital Oilfield Outlook Report
Get exclusive insights into the industry’s use of digital oilfield technologies in this report, based on a quantitative survey and individual interviews with oil and gas professionals. The survey reveals the potential of analytics to enhance E&P businesses, as well as executives’ perceptions of the barriers to unleashing that potential.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Real-Time Interaction Management, Q4 2020Forrester names SAS a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Real-Time Interaction Management, Q4 2020.
The Autonomous Grid: Machine Learning and IoT for Utilities
Machine learning and the IoT have the power to create an increasingly autonomous grid that can eventually handle billions of endpoints on utility networks. But is the industry truly maximizing the benefits of either technology? Find out in this report.
- Customer Story Making debt collection less painfulData visualization and analytics help DirectPay improve client relationships, better manage risk and maximize repayment potential.
Charging Ahead with EV Analytics
This white paper from Navigant Research, sponsored by SAS and Intel, explores the analytics infrastructure that is needed to prepare for and benefit from the growth of EVs
- Customer Story Forecasting accuracy brings ‘new energy’ to CameroonEnergy supplier Eneo balances supply and demand to boost efficiency, save millions and improve reliability with SAS Energy Forecasting.
Four Use Cases Show Real-World Impact of IoT
This TDWI e-book explores in detail what IoT means and does for retailers, the automotive industry, state and local governments working with utilities firms, and the manufacturing industry. Common themes include connectedness, data-driven insights, predictive capabilities and transformation.
- White Paper Effective Utility Risk Management