Enterprise Data Access
Access and use data sources from across your enterprise
Easy-to-use interfaces enable fast access to data on the most popular platforms, whether in PC files, relational databases, data warehouse appliances, legacy mainframe systems or Hadoop's distributed file system (HDFS) with visual subsetting of data not possible with other software. SAS also provides the ability to use data from multiple repositories without physically moving or reconciling the data. Support for open standards and messaging-queuing products enable you to read and write data from enterprise applications, as well as use Web services to send and receive information.
Components of Enterprise Data Access
How SAS® Is Different
- Seamless and transparent data integration. With SAS, you can access databases on the most popular platforms, including PC file formats, ERP applications, data warehouse appliances, mainframe systems and Hadoop, without detailed knowledge of the database query languages. SAS/ACCESS® interfaces and SAS Data Surveyor software allow you to treat data as a generally available resource that can be viewed and used by SAS, regardless of the data format.
- Bulk loading and other performance features. SAS data access supports multiple loading options for moving data from SAS into third-party data stores. Bulk loading can significantly enhance performance. Other performance enhancements are provided by a multithreaded read interface, support for automatic partitioning, the ability to pass functionality to the database and the ability to directly control processing.
- Fast, on-demand data access and integration. A federated data view enables demand-driven, real-time access to operational data, transactional data, data warehouses and other sources of information. This complements other SAS capabilities to support whatever data integration needs an organization may have.
- Reusable and maintainable data services. SAS provides technologies that enable developers to build sophisticated and reusable data services once, and deploy them across the enterprise for all data management activities. This enables development teams to be more agile and develop, deliver and maintain environments with minimal effort.
- Comprehensive analytic support for Hadoop. SAS complements the big data crunching capabilities of Hadoop with our professional-grade analytics, meaning you get the maximum benefit from Hadoop's data processing capabilities and SAS' insight generating tools.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.