Regional RFC Program
In order to provide high-quality fitness for all regional offices, SAS contracts with local health clubs and offers additional regional employee discount opportunities whenever possible. Additionally, the RFC Miles and Sports Spectacular incentive programs are available to regional employees.
Fitness/Athletic Club memberships
SAS will reimburse full-time and regular part-time regional office employees for membership in one athletic club, subject to the following conditions:
- SAS will reimburse reasonable membership fees for the employee only.
- SAS will reimburse membership fees for clubs meeting the definition of an athletic club: one whose mission is to provide the highest-quality total fitness program available in the areas of recreation, fitness, sports and wellness; the programs should include access to the newest cardiovascular equipment and comprehensive aerobics and exercise classes.
- SAS will reimburse initiation fees and annual membership dues that are reasonable for the respective locale. It will not pay for any other charges.
- Internal Revenue Code Section 274(e)(2) and (4) does not allow a deduction for health club dues paid on behalf of regional office employees; therefore, such payments are taxable wages to the employee.
- SAS will not reimburse fees or dues incurred after an employee is terminated.
Before you join!
Regional employees should e-mail theRecreation and Fitness Center team for more information before joining an athletic club.