FIT is a four-month incentive program designed to help you make a commitment to a regular weekly exercise program. The FIT program allows participants to choose their commitment level by selecting anywhere from two to five workouts per week.
Activities included in FIT program
Participants may choose from the following activities at the RFC to complete the FIT program:
- Aerobics classes (land or water).
- Other fitness or wellness classes (yoga, taijiquan, belly dance, etc.).
- Non-sport outdoor activity (walking/running, cycling, in-line skating, etc.)
- Workout on any cardiovascular equipment.
- Workout on any strength equipment.
- Personal training with a staff trainer.
- Aquatics workout (lap swimming or water walking/toning).
FitFlex – New for 2010!
Weve added an option to our popular FIT incentive program to meet the needs of participants who want a more flexible schedule to complete the requirements. Complete a set number of workouts, 48 to be exact, equivalent to a 3-day-a-week Fit commitment, but without the time restraints. You may start the program on the first Monday of any month and complete it at your own pace.
Guidelines for participation
- A health check or Medical Evaluation form(PDF) is required to participate in the program.
- No sports activities (free play or leagues) count toward this program.
- All workouts must be at least 30 minutes in duration. If your workout exceeds 30 minutes, it still counts as only one workout.
- Any workout may count toward only one RFC incentive program.
- The program begins on the first Monday of each month.
- You must keep an accurate log of your workouts on the FIT card provided.
- You must get your workout card initialed by an RFC staff member following each workout.
- Allowances will be made when the RFC is closed.
- Participants are allowed absence days to be used at their discretion during the four-month period.
- Sunday workouts may count for either the preceding week or the upcoming week, but not both.
- Once the program has started, participants cannot change their required number of workouts per week.
Successful completion of this program rewards participants with RFC dollars.
A signed copy of this contract(PDF) is required to start the program.
E-mail the Recreation and Fitness Center team for assistance with these services.