Bridge gaps. Crush barriers.
Analytics silos have become commonplace in organizations as departments and divisions use whatever tools they have to gain insights and solve business problems. A lot of good – even great – ideas are generated this way, but those same analytics silos have made turning good ideas into reality a daunting task. That's where openness comes in. An open analytics platform gives thinkers and innovators access to their tools of choice, along with the standardized deployment rigor needed to drive action – and turn ideas into reality.
SAS and the Open Ecosystem
SAS software's primary focus is on getting maximum value from analytics. A reliable, open analytics platform underpins that focus. Combining the power of SAS with open source technologies enables you to unify disparate toolsets, eliminate silos, increase productivity, foster collaboration and facilitate business agility.
How does an open analytics platform benefit you?
- Boost productivity and efficiency with a single, cohesive analytics environment to govern both SAS and open source technology analytics.
- Simplify model validation and deployment with algorithms optimized for any processing environment.
- Get models into production faster by minimizing code re-writes for different data types, speeds, platforms, infrastructures and cloud providers.
- Streamline application development and integration with prebuilt connectors to any data source, REST APIs, and interfaces for Python, Java, R, C, JSON and XML.
- Minimize data movement by embedding analytics to run wherever needed – in database, in Hadoop, in cloud, in memory or in stream.
- Build analytics your way using your preferred programming language (SAS, Python, Java, R), an intuitive interface or open REST APIs – from one platform.
- Craft relevant, portable analytic assets using consistent processes for model assessment, benchmarking and monitoring.
- Uncover insights faster with computational processing optimized for analytic workloads.
- Free yourself from mundane data manipulation tasks using prebuilt routines designed for analytics, without moving the data.
- Ensure trusted results with analytics built for rapid deployment.
- Empower staff to seek analytic insights using an interface that fits their skill sets.
- Encourage innovation by giving everyone in your organization access to analytics.
- Foster collaboration to solve complex organizational issues based on a common, consistent interpretation of data.
- Navigate fluctuating regulations and markets with enterprise data and analytic actions that are traceable, without requiring arduous and costly customization.
- Instill confidence with reliable results derived from secure technology.
- Establish a flexible infrastructure where enterprise insights are seamlessly portable to changing physical and virtual hardware environments.
Find out how an open analytics platform delivers faster results from analytics efforts.
Discover the power of combining commercial software and free open source software.
Learn what Carl Farrell, CRO of SAS, has to say about openness.