NETWORKING WITH SKILLED PROFESSIONALS
Career connections for employers.
Hiring early-career talent is a smart move for your business. Find out why, then connect with potential employees.
Top Qualities of Early-Career Talent
They're independent and self-motivated, seeking help only after they've tried to solve problems on their own.
They're more diverse than other generations, bringing new perspectives and experiences to your organization.
As digital natives, they tend to learn new technologies easily and are always looking for ways to innovate.
Competitive, purposeful and career-driven, this generation doesn't hesitate to go after what it wants.
Tips for recruiting talent and using Handshake, a networking site that's partnered with SAS.
- Review your careers page to be sure you're communicating your corporate values to potential employees.
- Is your website telling the story about your business that you want it to tell? Remember that potential hires will be reading your site as part of their research.
- Define the type of employee you're looking for and write a job description that targets a specific skill set.
- Publish educational materials to help students sharpen their skills and focus their talents before they graduate.
- Create an account on Handshake (or find your existing account) and request to connect with schools to recruit early talent.
- Hold a virtual recruiting event on Handshake for students seeking internships.
Academic Institutions Teaching SAS®
Check out our list of institutions that have integrated SAS into their curriculums, so you can focus your search on graduates who have specific skills.
Get your team up to speed.
Handshake is used by more than 1,400 colleges and universities and features more than 9 million profiles.
TAKE THE LEARNING NEEDS ASSESSMENT
Assess your team members' needs so you can understand where they are and where they need to go to achieve your business goals. Go to the Learning Needs Assessment.
EXPLORE THE SAS® ACADEMY FOR DATA SCIENCE
Help your team gain data science skills and boost analytics skills with our intensive academy. Go to the SAS Academy for Data Science page.
SAS® TRAINING POINTS
Take advantage of our best training discount. Save up to 30% on your team's training needs. Go to the SAS Training Points page.
6 reasons why hiring early-career talent may be a strategy to explore
Talent planning requires assessing current employees and unearthing the gaps to identify what’s needed to meet business demands. Here are six reasons why hiring early-career talent may be a talent strategy to explore.