Query and analysis
SAS Enterprise BI Server provides self-service, visual query capabilities and Web-based wizards that enable information producers to easily access and query data on their own without having to learn new skills or make constant demands on IT for data and reports.
- Makes it simple for users across organizations to query and analyze data.
- Enables users at all skill levels to access and combine data from multiple platforms in a single query.
- Provides query capabilities for all levels of users across multiple BI interfaces.
- Provides a zero-footprint, Web-based, interactive interface for advanced users looking for new views that define answers to questions.
- Provides wizard-driven query capabilities within the user-reporting environment.
- Explore and analyze OLAP cubes.
- Change business queries by selecting business items to be displayed from a sidebar.
- Slice and dice multidimensional data using a special slicer dimension and by applying filters on any level of a hierarchy.
- Drill up/down through hierarchies or expand/collapse entire levels.
- Explore data following ragged or unbalanced hierarchies that model true hierarchies as they are experienced in business.
- Obtain detailed information for every cell (drill through) with the option to export it to Microsoft Excel.
- Rank multidimensional data to identify top performers or losers (ties can be handled).
- Display visual totals/subtotals, parent value, security-based totals and percent of totals.
- Calculate new measures and add them to any view.
- Use conditional highlighting to provide visual highlight information inside tables and graphs depending on conditions defined by the user.
- Use text formatting, cell formatting and text replacement with fixed strings or images and display images next to cell values.
- Use maps from ESRI's ArcGIS Server to display OLAP data just like any other view on the data:
- Synchronize, drill and display for map and table view.
- Drill on regions in maps to visualize information from an OLAP data source in real time, enabling a zoom to the level of individual houses on a road.
- Drive the color coding of maps by data from the OLAP data source.
- Use multiple selections in a map.
- Save views as SAS Web Report Studio reports, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets or Adobe PDF documents.
- Share views with other advanced data exploration users.
- Remove complexity of data structures from nontechnical users.
- Allow queries to be performed across multiple data sources.
- Incrementally update cubes for new data and new members.
- Ability for users to set OLAP query time-out option.
- Fast, easy and guided OLAP cube creation, including a highly scalable, integrated and open OLAP server to provide the best possible support of the various interfaces that can use multidimensional data; and a purpose-built interface that makes it easy to build and maintain SAS OLAP cubes.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.