OLAP data storage and cube creation
SAS Enterprise BI Server includes a powerful, multidimensional database (SAS OLAP Server) that is designed to handle large volumes of business intelligence data. A specialized interface makes it easy to build and maintain OLAP data storage cubes.
- Delivers fast, stable performance for business intelligence applications.
- Frees IT from constantly creating ad hoc reports and data summaries.
- Provides a transparent and integrated ETL process.
- Provides a powerful, industrial-strength multidimensional database designed to handle large volumes of business intelligence data.
- Supports multidimensional (MOLAP) and hybrid (HOLAP) data stores.
- Query the server using SQL Pass-Through with reach-through to the underlying detail data.
- Native support for open industry standards.
- Fast, efficient processing of queries.
- Parallel storage allows data to be spread across multiple-disk systems.
- Tunable optimizations conserve system resources. Store seldom used data in compressed formats or frequently queried data cached in memory for faster access.
- GUI for building and maintaining OLAP cubes. Easily define data measures, dimensions and aggregations.
- Special dimensions facilitate use in everyday business: time dimensions for calculating time-based measures, ragged and unbalanced hierarchies, and parallel drill hierarchies.
- Metadata integrated with the rest of SAS architecture.
- Powerful interfaces for server maintenance and monitoring.
OLAP storage and cube creation capabilities are provided in SAS Enterprise BI Server. They are also available as a standalone product, SAS OLAP Server.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.