An open, centralized repository means metadata can be integrated, centrally managed and shared across the enterprise. SAS Enterprise BI Server lets you create information maps — business metadata that translates your warehouse and data structures into easily understood business terms. Business users can create queries and build reports from the data without IT intervention and without having to know anything about the physical data stores held throughout the organization.
- Ensures your business intelligence is a consistent, strategic asset.
- Frees IT from one-time reporting requests and reconciling data inconsistencies.
- Information is presented consistently with everyone using the same terminology in the same way.
- Simplifies systems support.
- Create and manage metadata, define access controls and register and manage users through a single environment.
- More than 150 predefined metadata types are provided.
- Import and export metadata from a variety of sources.
- Control concurrent access to metadata.
- Track change history to determine who made changes and when the changes took place.
- Map physical data structures to understandable business terms (information maps) with an easy-to-use interface.
- Access and combine data from multiple sources.
- Define consistent business view of data for relational data and OLAP cubes.
- Create data items with descriptive labels. Organize data items into folders and subfolders so users can easily find information.
- Generate data lineage reports, showing what physical resources are referenced.
- Includes a GUI for drawing data models.
- Create table aliases to provide additional flexibility required for proper query generation.
- Create predefined filter expressions so users can select the appropriate result subset.
- Create prompted filters so users can dynamically select filter values when creating or viewing a report.
- Define calculated expressions, using either the expression builder or by manually entering code. The code can be validated to ensure proper syntax.
- Set the data format to provide a consistent representation in downstream reports and other applications.
- Specify allowable options for business users.
- Capture allowable aggregations for numeric measures, so business users have the appropriate information on how to use a data item.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.