The IRC has identified expensive diagnostic procedures as “major drivers of overall medical costs in auto injury claims.” These drivers can help fuel medical mill scams and make it difficult to differentiate between suspected fraud and suspected medical billing abuse. Scams such as these are putting pressure on legitimate providers to remain competitive. James Ruotolo has some advice for insurers and medical providers.
Cyberrisk in Banking
- Situational awareness – 'seeing' your security gaps - Risk Management on Fighting cyberwars with cyber-analytics
- Kathy Joyner on Anti-fraud and error – what does success look like?
- The adventures of Solvency II - The ORSA - Risk Management on The adventures of Solvency II
- Operationalizing a fraud detection solution - Risk Management on Insurers tackle thorny issues in fraud detection and prevention
- David Rogers on Board of directors’ dashboards – Navigation or naiveté