- Article 5 IoT applications retailers are using today The Internet of Things can bring big benefits, but what is IoT and how are retailers taking advantage of it?
- Video See IoT industry examples in action How can analytics unlock the limitless possibilities in the Internet of Things?
- Article An executive’s guide to cognitive computing Cognitive computing is the latest buzzworthy term that everyone seems to be talking about in the technology industry. But can machines really think?
- Article Smart cities, smart energy solutions – thanks to the IoT Find out how Envision America and CPS Energy are using the IoT and analytics to make cities smarter and transform energy programs.
- Article Become a strategic business partner using analytics in finance Collecting, validating and reporting information is no longer enough for finance professionals – it’s time to transform your role using analytics in finance.
- Article Exploring the sun with big data Researchers working for NASA are using automatic, exploratory and visual analysis of big data to help understand the mysteries of our universe.
- Interview A brave new world of analytics Mike Frost from SAS explains how a modern analytics platform can help make sense of the new, complex data reality.
- Article Five tips for faster, data-informed decision making Three educational institutions share how they use data visualization to drive data-informed decision making. Five tips that apply to all organizations.
- Article Coming soon: The Industrial Internet and IoT standards From smart farms to connected water meters, the IIoT party is happening – with consensus around IoT standards playing host.
- Research Unifying master data management with existing data practices Philip Russom, TDWI Research, gives tips for unifying MDM with other data practices
- Article The importance of data quality: A sustainable approach Bad data wrecks countless business ventures. Here’s a data quality plan to help you get it right.
- Article Chief data officer role shakes up traditional data governance Does every organization need someone in the chief data officer role to manage data governance?
Fraud & Security
- Series A modern cybersecurity strategy: Building a cybersecurity plan The main considerations of a foundational component of a cyber strategy: the cybersecurity plan.
- Article Advanced analytics: Helping fight international money laundering Terrorists and criminals use ages-old methods to hide the flow of money that drives their efforts. Big data and advanced analytics are helping stem the tide.
- Article How to uncover common point of purchase Banks that want to stay ahead of CPP and contain the costs of fraud need to implement advanced anti-fraud techniques.
- Research Containing health care costs: Analytics paves the way to payment integrity For payment integrity, health care organizations need to uncover a wider range of abuse, waste and errors and data-driven analytics is making that possible.
- Series The value of marketing metrics at Visa Marketing metrics are the bane of many marketing teams, but at Visa metrics not only matter but make a real difference in strategy and brand value.
- Article Building confidence in your customer experience Forbes Insights surveyed more than 350 leaders at large organizations to determine how they are using data and analytics to power the customer experience.
- Article Putting you at the frontier of the fan experience The fan experience has remained unchanged for decades, but new technologies coupled with advanced analytics is poised to give new meaning to spectator sports.
- Article Supercharging governance, risk and compliance with data visualization Regulatory challenges are accelerating much-needed improvements in firms’ information management practices. Technologies implemented for governance, risk and compliance have the added advantage of driving business improvements.
- Article Attitudes toward liquidity risk have changed To effectively manage their liquidity risk, banks will need the right strategy, solutions architecture and IT systems, and governance in place to manage the process and realize business benefits.
- Article Model risk management: Vital to regulatory and business sustainability Sloppy model risk management can lead to failure to gain regulatory approval for capital plans, financial loss, damage to a bank's reputation and loss of shareholder value. Learn how to improve model risk management by establishing controls and guidelines to measure and address model risk at every stage of the life cycle.
- Article Should banks adopt regulations as best practices? The regulatory tsunami isn't letting up, but is there value to be gained in adopting, for instance, BCBS 239 principles?