Lifecycle Price Optimization
" SAS' High-Performance Revenue Optimization suite enables enterprise-wide re-forecasting and price optimization to be completed for the largest retailers in hours and individual user forecasting and optimizing in seconds."
— Greg Girard
IDC Retail Insights
How SAS® Can Help
The SAS Revenue Optimization Suite enables you to maximize revenue throughout the product life cycle – across all kinds of merchandise – with a flexible approach that lets you invest in SAS without straining your budget. SAS approaches the problem by delivering software and services to help you:
- Optimize pricing at the appropriate level – even to the store-SKU level of pricing – as well as handle zone pricing.
- Provide price optimization throughout the product lifecycle, from regular to promotion to clearance pricing.
- Create more accurate retail forecasts which account for seasonality, shifting holiday dates and promotional variations using advanced analytics.
- Model both short- and long-lifecycle products.
- Recommend prices to merchants and price analysts, while providing reports that give visibility into pricing decisions.
- Manage for trade/vendor funds in promotion optimization.
- And much more.
With the SAS Revenue Optimization Suite, you can optimize regular or everyday pricing, promotion pricing and markdown pricing.
How SAS® Is Different
The SAS Revenue Optimization Suite is the only software suite available today that helps retailers manage revenue and margin through the entire merchandise life cycle. Only SAS allows you to:
- Maximize profitability through optimal pricing. Set and manage regular prices, quantify the impact of promotional activities to create optimal promotions, and identify nonperforming or slow-moving items to plan optimal markdown schedules.
- Improve productivity with automated, exception-based pricing. The SAS Revenue Optimization Suite eases decision making for merchants, allowing them to respond quickly to product performance, market opportunities and competitive actions.
- Minimize revenues lost due to stock-outs. Best-in-class demand forecasting and demand modeling capabilities calculate base sales volume and demand lift, helping you achieve better in-stock positions during promotional periods.
- Achieve ROI quickly. The component solutions in the SAS Revenue Optimization Suite incorporate industry domain expertise and contain industry-proven business definitions, data models, analytic models and reporting templates, resulting in reduced project risk and quicker, more substantial ROI.
- Maintain a lower cost of ownership. Eliminate the need for bolt-on analysis, reporting and data management tools.
The SAS Revenue Optimization Suite is built on SAS®9, the industry's leading business intelligence platform, which combines all these applications to provide power, speed and scalability at a significantly lower cost than our competitors.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Revenue Optimization Suite
Pricing has a dramatic effect on a retailer's bottom line. Just a 1 percent increase in product price can raise operating profit by as much as 8 percent to 11 percent. You can get results quickly from retail pricing experts – with low up-front costs – with SAS.
SAS continues to change the game with SAS Markdown Optimization. With this solution (included in SAS Revenue Optimization Suite) retailers can run advanced optimization at 22 times the speed and save 70% in hardware costs.
Competing in retail means offering the right product to the right customer at the right price – even at the right moment. As a result, retailers have to get it right – every time.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.