Integrated Merchandise Planning
" Our financial results are being impacted by SAS because SAS allows us to make decisions more quickly and at a much lower level of detail."
Vice President of IT Solutions Delivery
How SAS® Can Help
SAS Integrated Merchandise Planning increases sales and margins while reducing staff time and increasing company performance. With SAS, you can:
- Create a business workflow encapsulating retail best practices.
- Reconcile plans top-down, bottom-up and middle-out to help retailers plan, execute and ensure that financial and merchandise plans work hand-in-hand.
- Deliver the optimal set of store clusters to retailers for assortment planning and category management.
- Create optimized local assortments.
- Predict customer demand with statistical forecasting for retail.
How SAS® Is Different
SAS Integrated Merchandise Planning drives the best results for retailers through the merchandise planning process thanks to superior analytics and retail expertise. Only SAS delivers:
- Merchandise planning integrated across the company.
- Retail best practices embedded in the solution and reflected in the retail business workflow and configurable business interface.
- Localized assortment optimization that uses customer preferences to make local assortments a reality.
- A recommended plan approach that uses SAS Business Analytics and optimization to provide guidance on depth and breadth of styles for fashion assortments.
- SKU rationalization that provides an analytical process to determine which SKUs to keep and which to drop.
- Demand forecasting that gives retailers the ability to develop and implement plans based on expected customer demand, not just historical data.
- One database for all solutions that plans and facilitates collaboration across departments, reconciles plans, and provides category managers, planners and buyers with access to a common view of information and performance measures across the retail organization.
- A system that can scale to manage large volumes of plans at a fast pace, allowing retail organizations of any size to plan down to the store level as well as across multiple channels.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Integrated Merchandise Planning
- SAS® Intelligent Clustering for Retail
- SAS® Demand Forecasting for Retail
- SAS® Retail Space Management
SAS® Integrated Merchandise Planning
SAS Integrated Merchandise Planning is the most comprehensive retail planning suite to help retailers achieve the best results. It delivers everything you need to create accurate plans that optimize every item across all stores and channels. SAS retail solutions provide optimization, planning and analytics across the enterprise and to the local store level and can reconcile plans top-down, bottom-up and middle-out to help retailers plan, execute, and ensure that financial plans and merchandise plans work hand-in-hand.
SAS® Intelligent Clustering for Retail
The SAS Intelligent Clustering for Retail solution identifies clusters of stores with a history of similar customer preferences. The results can then be used with other planning systems so intelligence can be integrated into the planning process and store clusters can be planned together to drive better sales, margins and customer satisfaction.
SAS® Demand Forecasting for Retail
SAS Demand Forecasting for Retail uses SAS software's unique, high-performance forecasting engine to automatically diagnose, model, execute and reconcile forecasts across multiple merchandise levels and locations. It allows the creation of forecast projects and manages forecasts with a built-in repository and versioning system.
SAS® Retail Space Management
SAS Retail Space Management uses powerful automation, optimization, graphics, workflow and analytics in an easy-to-use solution to foster better decisions faster. It aids collaboration across functional groups, allows management greater visibility into important business metrics and improves collaboration with vendor partners.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.