Assortment Planning and Optimization
" Our financial results are being impacted by SAS because SAS allows us to make decisions more quickly and at a much lower level of detail."
Vice President of IT Solutions Delivery
How SAS® Can Help
SAS helps retailers drive greater results through a comprehensive assortment planning and optimization that integrates customer insights, demand forecasts, knowledge of pricing and size within local markets, and use of advanced store clustering techniques.
SAS can grow with you – starting with assortment planning and optimization and moving to other areas, such as size optimization, allocation, price optimization and more.
More optimized localized assortments help retailers:
- Improve depth and breadth of assortments (style/color option count and quantity to buy).
- Improve depth and reduce breadth to meet store capacity requirements.
- Plan assortment mix attributes for the right penetration by brand, vendor, fabric, color and price point.
- Improve profit margins and receipt flow.
- Produce a shopping list for the buyer to go to market.
How SAS® Is Different
SAS brings a holistic approach to assortment planning and optimization. Only SAS can:
- Provide holistic analysis as part of assortment planning and optimization, including demand forecasts, customer segmentation, customer insight, marketbasket analysis, advanced clustering techniques, SKU rationalization, size profiles, and macro and micro space analysis.
- Analyze customer information, recommend plans and execute assortment planning as an integral part of the merchandise planning process.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Integrated Merchandise Planning
SAS Integrated Merchandise Planning is the most comprehensive retail planning suite to help retailers achieve the best results. It delivers everything you need to create accurate plans that optimize every item across all stores and channels. SAS retail solutions provide optimization, planning and analytics across the enterprise and to the local store level and can reconcile plans top-down, bottom-up and middle-out to help retailers plan, execute, and ensure that financial plans and merchandise plans work hand-in-hand.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.