Financial Planning and Forecasting – Workforce Planning
" With other solutions, the amount of manual work would have been overwhelming. SAS has the ability to incorporate hundreds of different models, allowing us to create a custom forecasting methodology. That is very important because every unit in a hospital behaves so differently."
Manager of Analytics
How SAS® Can Help
As health care providers face tomorrow's financial and operational challenges, predictive financial and workforce planning capabilities can deliver solid results both today and in the future. We approach the problem by providing software and services to help you:
- Forecast workforce and service level demand based on expectations, macroeconomic variables and external factors using advanced forecasting technology that uses multiple data points, as well as public and proprietary market data and your organization's historical demand patterns.
- Forecast workforce supply based on history, current workforce and regional demographics by gathering disparate employee data (e.g., skills, positions, turnover, etc.) and applying forecasting techniques to anticipate the future volume of available workforce by location and time.
- Determine the right skills to employ at the right time, in the right place and at the right cost by assessing the gaps predicted between demand and supply and highlighting areas where critical workforce planning is needed so you can mitigate the effects of any predicted workforce gaps.
- Effectively manage your bottom line by integrating forecasts with financial information and using scenario analyses to gain a balanced perspective on pursuing various workforce plans so you can minimize the impact of any workforce changes.
How SAS® Is Different
SAS offers workforce and operational planning capabilities that match the reality of health care providers today, while anticipating demand for tomorrow and beyond. Only SAS provides you with the right resources for intelligent forecasting, including:
- Superior data management. Consolidate disparate data sources (e.g., performance evaluations, training, compensation, etc.) for a holistic view of talent.
- Repeatable processes. Reduce manual, error-prone activities with automated, repeatable processes for data gathering and analysis.
- Flexible forecast generation. Run forecasts automatically or on an ad hoc basis whenever there's a change in predicted demand or available talent.
Automated forecasting models. Quickly generate large quantities of high-quality forecasts so you can plan more effectively for the future.
- SAS automatically chooses the most appropriate model from an extensive model repository, optimizes model parameters and then runs the forecast.
- Forecasters can focus attention on problematic or high-value forecasts and conduct what-if analysis through the Scenario Analyzer tool.
- Advanced forecasting. Determine what will happen, the best that can happen and the next best action to take using advanced, predictive analytics.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
- SAS® Forecast Server
- SAS® Activity-Based Management
- SAS® Financial Management
SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
SAS Enterprise Data Integration Server is a powerful, configurable and comprehensive solution designed for managing big data that can access virtually all data sources; extract, cleanse, transform, conform, aggregate, load and manage data; support data warehousing, migration, synchronization and federation initiatives; support both batch-oriented and real-time master data management solutions; and create real-time data integration services in support of service-oriented architectures.
SAS® Forecast Server
SAS Forecast Server generates large quantities of forecasts quickly and automatically without the need for human intervention unless so desired. The software automatically chooses the most appropriate forecasting model, optimizes the model parameters and produces the forecasts. Time series data management capabilities are also included. The ability to preprocess transactional data can save organizations significant time and resources, and the unsurpassed scalability of SAS Forecast Server enables your business to operate more efficiently.
SAS® Activity-Based Management
SAS Activity-Based Management is an analytic application that models business processes to determine cost, profitability and drivers. With this solution, organizations can make informed decisions that streamline processes, deliver revenue growth and reduce costs across the organization.
SAS® Financial Management
SAS® Financial Management is a comprehensive solution for enterprise planning, budgeting, consolidation and reporting. With a proprietary calculation engine and accounting logic, this remarkable solution consolidates planning or historical information on demand, ensuring that the latest information is always available for decision makers and regulatory agencies.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.