Law Enforcement, Justice and Public Safety
Enhance public safety through prevention-focused solutions from SAS
Public safety agencies need reliable, timely and accurate data so they can work strategically and tactically to reduce crime and victimization, enhance public and officer safety, and optimize the allocation of finite resources.
SAS hosts the NC Criminal Justice Law Enforcement Automated Data Services application (CJLEADS), an on-demand Web-based application that integrates criminal data into a single application, providing courts, law enforcement, and probation and parole officials a complete view of a criminal offender.
How SAS® Can Help
By first integrating the massive amounts of information housed in multiple disparate systems, SAS provides intelligent insight to support real-time decision making. SAS assists in the fight against crime through the operational investigation, detection, and anticipation of criminal activities and other threats.
Using operational solutions, decision makers - from executives to front-line officers - have information about events, intelligence and cases that is presented in a meaningful format. This information allows police departments, fusion centers and other public safety practitioners to establish a robust, intelligence-led framework that supports innovative efforts to reduce crime and increase public safety. The solution also protects the security of intelligence and sources, reducing the risk of security breaches. SAS solutions speed up the entire process of improving your effectiveness in the fight against crime.
To fight crime effectively while observing the law and maintaining good client relations, law enforcement agencies need an end-to-end operational solution that supports their processes with full, accurate, consistent and up-to-date information. SAS supports all core stages of your investigation, guiding you from the initial intelligence capture and management all the way to preparation for prosecution.
- Streamline information management and provide a foundation for sharing knowledge throughout the criminal justice system. By seamlessly integrating all data, the agency gains one single version of the truth. By accessing a wider pool of data, the overall breadth and quality of intelligence provides a holistic view in the fight against crime.
- Free up officer time through the use of a single end-to-end solution covering all operational areas of intelligence, case, crime and custody. Once data has been entered, it is made immediately available to those who need it at the appropriate stages of an operation, subject to security levels. This accessibility eliminates the need to re-key important pieces of intelligence.
- Assess risks and make the right decisions at every step based on analysis. By applying analytics, agencies can forge a single intelligence-led strategy that supports all the activities involved in turning raw data into useful intelligence. Criminal justice leaders can accurately assess risk and make decisions based on solid, robust data and then disseminate and allocate resources effectively to guide prevention, intervention and suppression tactics.
- Understand how and when workforce trends affect your organization and proactively manage organizational risk by understanding skill shortages. By understanding staff skill sets and cross-referencing those with effective information management, you can put the right people with the right skills in the right place at the right time.
- Articulate a clear mission, strategy and a set of performance measures that incorporate all critical success factors so that your organization can ensure responsibilities are being fulfilled. With one system for strategic decision making, program performance can easily be measured and demonstrated in an accountable and transparent manner.
How SAS® Is Different
Since SAS employs subject-matter experts with many years of direct policing experience, the solutions are designed to address the day-to-day practical priorities and concerns of law enforcement officers.
- Manage a deluge of new data. Using SAS' world-class data management capabilities, you can access and use data from any system while ensuring data quality and managing security and administration across the board. Share information at all levels of government to reframe service models, reduce costs, improve operations and strategically benefit the community. As a complete, unified operational law enforcement platform, SAS solutions avoid the complexity and integration problems that can be associated with maintaining multiple systems. Removing the need to input information separately into multiple systems, officers are able to save time and reduce support costs by using a single solution that can be customized to reflect local legislative and judicial requirements.
- Transform data into practical information. Using SAS software's unsurpassed predictive analytics capabilities, you can capture, analyze and simulate risks for more targeted and productive investigations; strategically allocate and supervise community corrections caseloads; implement a successful crime prevention mission; optimize people, programs and technology to support your agency's mission; and make sound decisions based on accurate data and information to track progress and measure success.
- Make business intelligence a part of every decision. SAS’ Web-based reporting gives every decision maker, at every level across your organization, access to self-service data query and reporting capabilities, allowing your agency to disseminate accurate and real-time information to officers in the field, where it is most needed.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Criminal Justice Data Integration and Analytics
- High-Performance Analytics
- SAS® Visual Analytics
- SAS® Information Management
- SAS® for Border Management
- SAS® for Intelligence Management
- SAS® for Fusion Centers
- SAS® for Law Enforcement
SAS® Criminal Justice Data Integration and Analytics
Shrinking budgets, stretched resources and mounting data from a multitude of sources impede the efforts of criminal justice agencies to effectively coordinate information and maintain public safety. One of the biggest challenges is getting consistent, accurate and complete views of offenders.
SAS Criminal Justice Data Integration and Analytics combines data from all sources across the criminal justice system and beyond to give magistrates, clerks, law enforcement and corrections officers a comprehensive, easy-to-understand view of offenders. It integrates data sources such as court and arrest records, incarceration, sex offender data, concealed handgun permits, motor vehicle and driver's license data to help agencies improve community and officer safety, reduce crime and victimization, and optimize resource allocation.
High-performance analytics enables organizations to quickly and confidently seize new opportunities in order to make better choices ahead of competitors and create new value from big data.
SAS® Visual Analytics
SAS Visual Analytics is a high-performance, in-memory solution for exploring any size of data very quickly. It enables you to spot patterns, identify opportunities for further analysis and convey visual results via Web reports, the iPad® or an Android tablet.
A key component is the SAS® LASR™ Analytic Server, which quickly reads data into memory for fast processing and data visualization. Users can then explore all data, execute analytic correlations on billions of rows of data in just minutes or seconds, and visually present results. This helps quickly identify patterns, trends and relationships in data that were not easily seen before.
SAS® Information Management
SAS can help you manage the entire information continuum with unified technology solutions and strategy and implementation services that span data, analytics and decision management. SAS Information Management enables organizations to fully exploit and govern their information assets to provide competitive differentiation and sustained success.
SAS® for Border Management
SAS for Border Management uses advanced analytics to determine which travelers and cargoes are most likely to be illegal or high risk, as well as which should most likely be unimpeded, based on all available and relevant information sources and social network linkages.
SAS® for Intelligence Management
With SAS for Intelligence Management, security and law enforcement agencies can rapidly and securely collect, process, evaluate, grade, analyze and disseminate intelligence garnered from big data.
SAS® for Fusion Centers
SAS® for Fusion Centers provides a single, secure platform that enables law enforcement and security agencies to process and corroborate information from multiple data sources in order to produce intelligence that can be used by analysts, investigators, officers and commanders in a fast, secure and effective way to act upon threats to the public.
SAS® for Law Enforcement
By merging accessibility with security, SAS for Law Enforcement provides agencies with a complete operational solution to support policing best practices. Delivering secure, accurate and real-time information at every stage of the intelligence life cycle, the solution fully integrates with other systems and is capable of processing and analyzing large volumes of information to improve intelligence, reduce crime and protect citizens.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.