Natural Resources and Conservation
Transform data into predictive insight to increase program effectiveness and efficiency
" We view our customers as our most important asset. As such, we need the capability to develop a comprehensive picture of customer behavior. SAS provides the critical solution that allows us to do that."
— Greg L. Summers
Supervisor, Oklahoma Fishery Research Laboratory, Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation
How SAS® Can Help
Collecting and processing vast amounts of data while ensuring that data integrity standards are met is one of the biggest challenges facing public sector organizations today. SAS helps you:
- Effectively market your programs to individual citizens based on their recreational and purchasing behaviors.
- Identify individuals likely to lapse or abandon activities so you can minimize lost revenue from decreasing license sales.
- Determine how to meet wildlife population goals that are based on past, present and future demand, carrying capacity and hunter/angler demographics.
- Forecast impacts of stressors (e.g., nonnative species, diseases) on native populations.
- Understand the biotic and abiotic relationships that affect the resources you manage and protect.
- Integrate financial data from your cost information system to manage federal and state budget reporting requirements.
- Identify the metrics that have the greatest impact on goal attainment so you can make the most informed strategic decisions. By applying the power of SAS optimization, forecasting and data mining capabilities, you can analyze scenarios and run simulations to improve response and successful strategy execution to improve performance.
- Ensure transparency with key stakeholders and compliance with regulatory agencies. With SAS, you can establish an integrated, consistent source of quality information to align initiatives across all lines of business – from the water treatment facility to the data center.
How SAS® Is Different
- Data integration. Only SAS offers a powerful, configurable and comprehensive solution that can access virtually all data sources – including operational and transactional data from legacy systems – coupled with advanced analytics, to transform data into meaningful, forward-looking insights that can dramatically increase effectiveness, efficiency and revenue.
- Enterprise approach. SAS offers an integrated suite of analytics software that is unmatched and delivered in a single environment. The SAS approach provides improved operational efficiency while decreasing spending from a total cost of ownership perspective ensuring regulatory requirements for transparency and accountability are met.
- Advanced data mining and risk management. SAS is the only vendor that enables you to analyze both structured and unstructured data to reveal hidden patterns in your data, allowing you to enhance citizen services.
- Experience and know-how. SAS offers prebuilt natural resource-specific models, created in part from more than 30 years' experience working with government agencies, including all 15 major US federal departments, all 50 US state governments and more than 115 US local governments.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Customer Intelligence
- SAS® for Sustainability Management
- SAS® Forecast Server
- SAS® Strategy Management
SAS® Customer Intelligence
SAS Customer Intelligence provides the most comprehensive suite of analytic marketing solutions, enabling marketing executives to make smarter decisions and solve more business challenges. Only SAS provides the complete set of capabilities needed for a customer-focused marketing process.
SAS® for Sustainability Management
SAS provides problem-specific models, proven methodologies and best practices to support sustainability strategies for your organization. Whether modeling cleaner generation of power, improving energy efficiency, promoting better utilization of critical resources to minimize waste, or assisting environmental protection agencies, SAS enables its customers to do well and do good.
SAS® Forecast Server
SAS Forecast Server generates large quantities of forecasts quickly and automatically without the need for human intervention unless so desired. The software automatically chooses the most appropriate forecasting model, optimizes the model parameters and produces the forecasts. Time series data management capabilities are also included. The ability to preprocess transactional data can save organizations significant time and resources, and the unsurpassed scalability of SAS Forecast Server enables your business to operate more efficiently.
SAS/OR software provides a powerful array of optimization, simulation and project scheduling techniques to identify the actions that will produce the best results, while operating within resource limitations and tight restrictions. It enables organizations to consider more alternative actions and scenarios, and determine the best allocation of resources and the best plans for accomplishing goals.
SAS® Strategy Management
SAS Strategy Management improves governance, focus and alignment of key initiatives and goals by breaking down organizational silos that can inhibit effective strategy execution throughout an organization. The unique SAS capability to validate statistically what influences outcomes may help prevent an organization from pursuing flawed strategies for months or even years at higher costs in terms of money, reputation and brand.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.