All-Payer Claims Database (APCD)
Increase transparency of health care costs, quality and access to make the right decisions about health care
" In an effort to increase price transparency, many states have enacted legislation with provisions for public reporting of pricing and quality information across providers … some require participation in an all-payer claims database (APCD) and empower the APCD manager to publish detailed quality and cost of care reports, by provider."
Health Care Incentives Improvement Institute, March 2013
How SAS® Can Help
SAS® performs advanced analytics on massive data sets extremely quickly and has a visual interface that makes it easy for anyone – even those without analytics training – to discover new insights. Using SAS, you can prepare data for analytics, use health care metrics, and create custom analysis and research. Through a portal, consumer users can view easy-to-understand health care cost and quality information in your state.
- Build a flexible APCD infrastructure that can grow with your state's vision. Create a health data infrastructure that integrates data of various types from multiple sources and enables you to grow your state’s APCD for future needs.
Enable fact-based policy decisions. Explore all of the APCD data, rather than a sample, and use advanced analytics to make better informed, fact-based policy decisions to improve the health of your citizens. Standard reports provide a quick display of some of the most important health care metrics surrounding cost, quality, access and utilization, so you can:
- Identify the correlation of factors that influence health outcomes in your state, for example, socioeconomics, risk for disease and access to preventive care.
- Study high-performing communities that provide cost-effective care.
- Enable targeted public health initiatives and interventions based on granular assessment of health care disparities across geographies.
- Forecast program/service costs over time to plan out-year budgets.
- Manage Medicaid programs and services more effectively.
- Plan health reform efforts, like measuring the effectiveness of care coordination models and value-based payment models.
- Inform your citizenry. To empower your citizens to make informed decisions about their health care, consumers can view health care cost and quality data across the state through a consumer Web portal.
How SAS® Is Different
- SAS delivers an innovative foundation for health care data that supports advanced analytics on data of all sizes, with extremely fast performance. Designed specifically to address diverse advanced analytic use cases, SAS puts a wealth of information at your fingertips to bolster transparency.
- Our data visualization environment allows you to visually explore huge amounts of data easily and quickly. Anyone with access rights can use interactive Web-based reports and study relationships, even through mobile devices, without having to be an expert in analytics.
- With SAS, you have the option to use additional analytic modules, such as SAS Episode Analytics, SAS Fraud Framework and SAS for readmission analytics, which can grow the APCD's value and expand your APCD from data to deep insights.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Visual Analytics
- SAS® Data Management
- SAS® Fraud Framework for Government
- SAS® for ECR Analytics™
SAS® Visual Analytics
No matter the size of your organization – or your data – with SAS Visual Analytics you can explore all relevant data quickly and easily. Now you can look at more options, uncover hidden opportunities, identify key relationships and make more precise decisions to drive success faster than ever before. Self-service, ad hoc visual data discovery and exploration put lightning fast insights within everyone's reach.
SAS® Data Management
Transform your data into a corporate asset.
Your data needs discipline. Bad data isn't just annoying – it damages your organization. You can't base decisions on bad information. SAS Data Management helps you analyze, improve and control data in one platform. The result? Better data governance. More collaboration between business and IT. And more consistent metadata and security services. It's as easy as it sounds.
SAS® Fraud Framework for Government
Government agencies face enormous challenges in attempting to prevent improper payments caused by fraud, waste and abuse. In the US, the federal government estimated more than $108 billion in improper payments was lost in fiscal year 2012 alone – a conservative estimate at best. And it's the taxpayer who ends up footing the bill. The SAS Fraud Framework for Government can help agencies at all levels of government wage a war against the misuse of government funds.
SAS® for ECR Analytics™
Identify potentially avoidable care variation to mitigate financial risk; negotiate achievable gain-sharing targets for accountable care and bundled payment contracts.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.