Integrated Citizen Outcome Management
Ensure all citizens are receiving needed benefits in an efficient and effective manner
This can only be achieved through a holistic approach to serving clients and families, which requires aggregating program and service data for comprehensive views and analysis to achieve an integrated approach to citizen outcomes.
The Los Angeles County government implemented a SAS solution that gave it a cross-county view of program service utilization, reduced redundant expenses and ensured program participant privacy. Now, the government of Los Angeles County can better serve the impoverished who depend on multiple government programs in separate departments.
How SAS® Can Help
By eliminating the complexity of sharing data and applications across the organization, SAS allows HHS agencies to create a holistic and integrated view of individual citizens and families, and their service utilization and needs. You can achieve integrated citizen outcome management through SAS software and services that help you:
- Meet the needs of the entire family unit – in the short and long term. With a comprehensive view of the needs of a client or family across multiple programs and services, you can gain a better understanding of those you serve to design an effective program of services for them. SAS offers modeling that also enables you to predict the future needs of a client or family unit to plan for appropriate, desired long-term outcomes.
- Increase the quality of services while reducing costs and combating fraudulent activity. SAS provides integrated views of citizens and providers of those services across all service areas so you can understand the distribution of needs and service use among families. You'll also gain insight into how family issues affect an individual, and have the information needed to curtail fraudulent activity by uncovering suspicious patterns of behavior.
- Improve program effectiveness. With SAS, facilitate the evaluation of program effectiveness to improve the lives of the most vulnerable citizens.
- Employ reporting that meets citizen needs and adheres to accountability standards. By accessing data across multiple, disparate systems and databases with accurate and timely Web-based reporting, you can respond to requests for information and more efficiently complete accurate and beneficial studies required by the legislature.
- Ensure the safety of those citizens who are at high risk for criminal activity. With SAS' predictive analytics, you can intervene and avert a potential situation of child abuse, neglect or family violence and obtain needed services for a family unit – all without compromising privacy.
How SAS® Is Different
- Exceptional data integration and data quality capabilities. SAS improves data effectiveness by turning incomplete data into accurate, reliable information in a unified view of enterprise data – so you can then verify the identity, eligibility and authentication of citizens for services.
- Advanced, predictive analytics. With SAS, you can gain a depth of understanding by automating the collection and analysis of volumes of complex data, such as service claims and delivery of service events, to better manage outcomes for citizens and their families.
- Enhance the identification of fraudulent activity. One key differentiator of the SAS Fraud Framework for Government is the SAS hybrid approach to fraud analytics – employing business rules, anomaly detection algorithms, predictive models and social network analytics.
- Flexible reporting environment. Users can process their own information through a secure, user-friendly Web browser without waiting on the backlog of programming requests, enabling more time for actual analysis.
- Measure and monitor program performance. When an agency develops a clear mission, strategy and set of performance measures that are aligned and on-course throughout the agency, government leaders can easily identify successes and failures.
Related Products and Solutions
- Data Integration
- SAS® Analytics
- SAS® Strategy Management
- SAS® Fraud Framework for Government
- SAS® Business Analytics
SAS Data Integration forms the solid foundation needed to support your enterprise information management needs. It provides capabilities for enterprise data access and processing across systems and platforms; integrated data quality, which is critical to producing accurate, consistent information; and an interactive, visual data integration development environment that enables collaboration and easy reusability, all with a single point of IT administration.
SAS Analytics provides an integrated environment for predictive and descriptive modeling, data mining, text analytics, forecasting, optimization, simulation, experimental design and more. From dynamic visualization to predictive modeling, model deployment and process optimization, SAS provides a range of techniques and processes for the collection, classification, analysis and interpretation of data to reveal patterns, anomalies, key variables and relationships, leading ultimately to new insights and better answers faster.
SAS® Strategy Management
SAS Strategy Management improves governance, focus and alignment of key initiatives and goals by breaking down organizational silos that can inhibit effective strategy execution throughout an organization. The unique SAS capability to validate statistically what influences outcomes may help prevent an organization from pursuing flawed strategies for months or even years at higher costs in terms of money, reputation and brand.
SAS® Fraud Framework for Government
Government agencies face enormous challenges in attempting to prevent improper payments caused by fraud, waste and abuse. The US Office of Management and Budget estimated that the government lost more than $125 billion in improper payments in fiscal year 2010 alone – a conservative estimate at best. And it's the taxpayer who ends up footing the bill. The SAS Fraud Framework for Government can help agencies at all levels of government wage a war against the misuse of government funds.
SAS® Business Analytics
To lead your organization in today’s challenging economic climate, you need fact-based answers that you and others can believe in. Traditional approaches to decision support have not yielded optimal results. SAS provides the world’s best analytics embedded in a framework that supports the entire decision making process. This helps our customers find answers to immediate business issues and implement their visions for the future.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.