Performance Management in Government
Measure, track and improve program performance
Results with SAS®
A large government agency restructured its enterprise to strengthen procurement and contracting, and optimize the management of a $27 billion investment portfolio that includes eight programs and more than 20 major projects. Using SAS, personnel at all levels can now gather, analyze, report and share program performance information across the entire organization.
How SAS® Can Help
Understanding and monitoring program effectiveness – and achieving true performance improvements – involve more than better budgeting, reporting and control. They encompass the methodologies, processes, metrics, software and systems that make it all possible. SAS approaches the problem by delivering software and services to help you:
- Access performance data from every source – even legacy systems – with unmatched data management and integration capabilities that include embedded data quality techniques to ensure data integrity.
- Develop performance scorecards that have meaningful, targeted outcome measures to clearly communicate the value and results of agencies and programs.
- Predict likely outcomes given certain parameters – such as available resources – and even uncover hidden cause-and-effect relationships between KPIs using advanced predictive analytics to analyze scenarios, run simulations and model the impact of decisions.
- Understand the true costs of programs and services by using activity-based management to assign the process costs of outputs and outcomes with associated program resources and activities.
- Enable collaboration and information sharing with self-service reporting that lets stakeholders access reports in their preferred format through a Web interface.
- Create visual workflows with automated documentation for complete transparency, so that all stakeholders can see and understand performance and financial results.
SAS delivers a performance management framework that helps government agencies demonstrate accountability and prove the effectiveness of programs that seek to protect and enrich the lives of citizens.
How SAS® Is Different
SAS provides the only suite of performance management solutions from a single vendor that can facilitate both strategic and operational decision making. SAS software's integrated platform supports open standards, reads from and writes to any database and runs on nearly any computing environment. SAS seamlessly integrates into any IT environment, offering the highest performance with the lowest total cost of ownership so you can:
- Quickly and easily discover new insights with our advanced, industry-leading suite of analytics software – delivered in a single environment so you can formulate and evolve analysis as needed.
- Process huge data volumes, no matter how large or complex your programs become, thanks to the robustness and scalability of SAS software’s multithreaded architecture.
- Take an iterative approach to implementation with our component-based architecture that lets you start where your needs are greatest and build on that over time.
No matter what your greatest area of concern – human capital management, information technology or financial performance – SAS is your trusted partner. For more than 30 years, government entities the world over have relied on SAS for proven solutions to their most confounding issues.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Strategy Management
SAS Strategy Management improves governance, focus and alignment of key initiatives and goals by breaking down organizational silos that can inhibit effective strategy execution throughout an organization. The unique SAS capability to validate statistically what influences outcomes may help prevent an organization from pursuing flawed strategies for months or even years at higher costs in terms of money, reputation and brand.
SAS® Activity-Based Management
SAS Activity-Based Management is an analytic application that models business processes to determine cost, profitability and drivers. With this solution, organizations can make informed decisions that streamline processes, deliver revenue growth and reduce costs across the organization.
SAS® Business Analytics
To lead your organization in today’s challenging economic climate, you need fact-based answers that you and others can believe in. Traditional approaches to decision support have not yielded optimal results. SAS provides the world’s best analytics embedded in a framework that supports the entire decision making process. This helps our customers find answers to immediate business issues and implement their visions for the future.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.