Increase border safety through risk assessment solutions from SAS®
Bringing together the massive amounts of data for a single view of all available relevant information can help border management agencies tackle their most complex challenges. Applying advanced analytics to identify and mitigate threats helps border and customs agents do their jobs more effectively.
" The capacity to develop timely, well-formulated, and actionable intelligence is vital to the prevention and disruption of threats."
— US Customs and Border Protection
2012 – 2016 Border Patrol Strategic Plan
How SAS® Can Help
By combining available information about travelers and freight shippers with information from other relevant sources, agents can better address challenges on a daily basis. With SAS, agencies are able to dynamically identify travelers and cargo most likely to be illegal or high-risk, while letting legitimate travelers and cargo pass through more quickly.
With SAS' data integration and data management solutions, you can create a single, coherent view of all information from available sources. These solutions help match, cleanse and fuse together data elements so agents see the complete picture. SAS helps you:
- Correctly identify travelers on watch lists with SAS watch-list management capabilities.
- Assess risk by deploying scoring models that further improve accuracy and reduce false positives. Also, understand relationships and connections between suspicious entities with link or social network analysis.
- Spot rings or repeated behavior with predictive analytics that can identify patterns of behavior across multiple landscapes.
- Create and disseminate of a wide range of reports tailored to meet the needs and the operations of the border management or customs process. Agents can even receive alerts on high-risk passengers or cargo before arrival.
- Accurately forecast the flow of travelers to allocate resources to the right place at the right time, reducing bottlenecks and passenger frustration.
How SAS® Is Different
- Scale across multiple data sets. SAS software’s ability to handle huge data volumes is unsurpassed by our competitors. Customers with massive amounts of data rely on SAS’ ability to scale with their missions.
- Predictive analytics and forecasting leadership. SAS predictive analytics and data mining software are recognized by our customers and industry analysts as best in class. We continue to push the boundaries on different ways to approach problems that take our users and their organizations to the next level of analytic insight.
- Proven. SAS has a wealth of experience and proven track record in helping border management agencies solve their most complex problems. Our success in implementing solutions enables countries to improve their border management effectiveness around the world.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Security Intelligence
- SAS® Analytics
- SAS® DataFlux® Data Management
- SAS® Business Intelligence
- SAS® for Border Management
- SAS® for Intelligence Management
- SAS® for Fusion Centers
- SAS® for Law Enforcement
SAS® Security Intelligence
From financial services, to insurance, to health care, to the public sector, organizations must begin to look at national and public security trends holistically across the enterprise in order to identify large-scale threats early in their development while there is still time to mount effective countermeasures that deliver maximum impact. SAS can help.
SAS Analytics provides an integrated environment for predictive and descriptive modeling, data mining, text analytics, forecasting, optimization, simulation, experimental design and more. From dynamic visualization to predictive modeling, model deployment and process optimization, SAS provides a range of techniques and processes for the collection, classification, analysis and interpretation of data to reveal patterns, anomalies, key variables and relationships, leading ultimately to new insights and better answers faster.
SAS® DataFlux® Data Management
SAS provides an integrated environment of solutions, tools, methodologies and workflows that enables organizations to manage big data as a valued asset, driving both core operational processes and strategic decision making. With these data management capabilities, organizations can make full use of all incoming data to uncover hidden insights and increase competitive edge.
The breadth of SAS DataFlux technologies helps organizations lower costs, increase efficiency and productivity, and provide measurable value. High-performance, scalable solutions ensure that organizations can successfully complete the most demanding data integration, data management and data governance projects.
Data is just as important of an asset for small and midsize companies as it is for their larger counterparts. SAS offers data management solutions designed and priced specifically for small and midsize businesses.
SAS® Business Intelligence
SAS Business Intelligence gives you the information you need, when you need it, in the right format. By integrating data from across your enterprise and delivering self-service reporting and analysis, IT spends less time responding to requests and business users spend less time looking for information. SAS Business Intelligence also offers an integrated, robust and flexible presentation layer for the full breadth of SAS Analytics capabilities, including statistics, predictive analytics, data and text mining, forecasting, and optimization – all integrated within the business context for better, faster decision making.
To meet the reporting needs of smaller organizations, SAS offers solutions geared specifically for small and midsize businesses. Discover how SAS can help.
SAS® for Border Management
SAS for Border Management uses advanced analytics to determine which travelers and cargoes are most likely to be illegal or high risk, as well as which should most likely be unimpeded, based on all available and relevant information sources and social network linkages.
SAS® for Intelligence Management
With SAS for Intelligence Management, security and law enforcement agencies can rapidly and securely collect, process, evaluate, grade, analyze and disseminate intelligence garnered from big data.
SAS® for Fusion Centers
SAS® for Fusion Centers provides a single, secure platform that enables law enforcement and security agencies to process and corroborate information from multiple data sources in order to produce intelligence that can be used by analysts, investigators, officers and commanders in a fast, secure and effective way to act upon threats to the public.
SAS® for Law Enforcement
By merging accessibility with security, SAS for Law Enforcement provides agencies with a complete operational solution to support policing best practices. Delivering secure, accurate and real-time information at every stage of the intelligence life cycle, the solution fully integrates with other systems and is capable of processing and analyzing large volumes of information to improve intelligence, reduce crime and protect citizens.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.