Workforce Planning and Analytics for Government
Optimize government workforce planning
" By using SAS technology to build the NC WORKS data warehouse [for the North Carolina Office of State Personnel ], we are now able to be more proactive and more predictive in understanding our state's workforce needs."
— Sharon Howard, Human Resources Consultant
How SAS® Can Help
SAS provides capabilities to optimize workforce management strategies and avoid unnecessary future costs by balancing short- and long-term skill development with the financial implications of increasing or reducing the workforce. With SAS, you can:
- Forecast workforce demand based on program expectations, macroeconomic variables (e.g., policy decisions) and external factors, using advanced forecasting technology that pulls from multiple data sources, public and proprietary market data, and your organization's historical patterns.
- Forecast workforce supply based on history, current workforce and regional demographics by gathering disparate employee data and using forecasting techniques to anticipate the future volume of available workforce by location, time, skill and more.
- Determine the right skills to employ at the right time, in the right place and at the right cost by assessing predicted gaps between demand and supply and identifying areas where you need workforce planning – such as training time for new employees.
- Effectively manage program operations to minimize the impact of workforce changes by integrating forecasts with financial information and using scenario analyses for a balanced perspective on workforce plans, such as comparing retraining options with hire-and-replace scenarios.
How SAS® Is Different
SAS offers workforce planning capabilities that match your reality today, while anticipating demand for tomorrow. Only SAS provides you with the right resources for intelligent workforce analytics, including:
- Repeatable processes. Reduce manual, error-prone activities with automated, repeatable processes for data gathering and analysis.
- Flexible forecast generation. Run forecasts automatically or on an ad hoc basis whenever there is a change in predicted demand for a program or available talent.
- Automated forecasting models. Quickly generate large quantities of high-quality forecasts so you can plan more effectively for the future.
- Advanced forecasting. Determine what will happen, the best that can happen and the next best action to take using advanced, predictive analytics.
Superior data management. Consolidate disparate data sources (e.g., performance evaluations, training, compensation) for a holistic view of talent.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS financial intelligence provides every essential capability for the finance department, all built on a single platform. Capabilities include integration and cleansing of all financial data, budgeting, forecasting, scorecarding, simulation, risk management and more. With the combined power of SAS financial intelligence components, you can improve the accuracy of plans and budgets and understand profit drivers to grow profitability.
SAS® Forecast Server
SAS Forecast Server generates large quantities of forecasts quickly and automatically without the need for human intervention unless so desired. The software automatically chooses the most appropriate forecasting model, optimizes the model parameters and produces the forecasts. Time series data management capabilities are also included. The ability to preprocess transactional data can save organizations significant time and resources, and the unsurpassed scalability of SAS Forecast Server enables your business to operate more efficiently.
SAS® Enterprise Miner™
SAS Enterprise Miner streamlines the data mining process to create highly accurate predictive and descriptive models based on large volumes of data from across the enterprise. It offers a rich, easy-to-use set of integrated capabilities for creating and sharing insights that can be used to drive better decisions.
Forward-thinking organizations today are using SAS data mining software to detect fraud, minimize risk, anticipate resource demands, reduce asset downtime, increase response rates for marketing campaigns and curb customer attrition.
SAS/OR software provides a powerful array of optimization, simulation and project scheduling techniques to identify the actions that will produce the best results, while operating within resource limitations and tight restrictions. It enables organizations to consider more alternative actions and scenarios, and determine the best allocation of resources and the best plans for accomplishing goals.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.