Transparency and Accountability in Government
Enable a higher degree of transparency, better accountability and increased effectiveness
Required to consolidate reports from various federal bureaus into a single financial statement, a US government department uses SAS to enable quick, easy access to information and painless reporting to provide greater fiscal accountability and meet the demands of the Office of Management and Budget.
How SAS® Can Help
While agencies are beginning to recognize the crucial role that data plays in their success, discovering the value hidden in data continues to be a struggle. Without a clear view of data and its significance, agencies are finding it difficult to boost organizational financial performance and comply with strict regulations. SAS approaches the problem by delivering software and services to help you:
- Create a single version of the truth by consolidating data from all relevant sources, cleansing the data and transforming it so that it's ready for analysis.
- Gain deeper insight into the long-term economic impact of expenditures and make better, more reliable decisions with advanced analytic capabilities, including large-scale forecasting and optimization.
- Clearly communicate the value and results of programs by developing a performance management system that has meaningful, targeted outcome measures.
- Provide valuable insights and essential decision-support information to stakeholders and policy makers by delivering accurate and timely reports on spending and program effectiveness.
How SAS® Is Different
Only SAS gives users access to the right data, the tools to analyze and transform data into meaningful information, and the ability to report on that information. The end result is greater transparency, better accountability and increased effectiveness. With SAS, you get:
- Data management. SAS lets you access, integrate and cleanse both structured and unstructured data from disparate systems, regardless of format or location.
- Advanced, predictive analytics. In addition to standard and ad hoc reporting, query drill-down and alerts to help you understand what has happened, SAS delivers predictive modeling to help you create detailed forecasts to address what will happen next if trends continue.
- Reporting. SAS provides an accurate, unified view of program performance and project status at all levels of government, giving users the ability to draw conclusions, format presentation-quality results and easily share findings via a single, Web-based reporting interface.
- Strategy management. SAS lets you align program performance with goals and track outcomes against spending, as well as manage projects through timelines and alarms, create program and budget forecasts, and engage in scenario planning.
- An integrated framework. SAS delivers a platform that is engineered to seamlessly deliver data management, reporting and analytics through a single framework that can flexibly grow within and across government organizations.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Business Analytics
- Data Integration
- SAS® Analytics
- SAS® Business Intelligence
- SAS® Strategy Management
SAS® Business Analytics
To lead your organization in today’s challenging economic climate, you need fact-based answers that you and others can believe in. Traditional approaches to decision support have not yielded optimal results. SAS provides the world’s best analytics embedded in a framework that supports the entire decision making process. This helps our customers find answers to immediate business issues and implement their visions for the future.
SAS Data Integration forms the solid foundation needed to support your enterprise information management needs. It provides capabilities for enterprise data access and processing across systems and platforms; integrated data quality, which is critical to producing accurate, consistent information; and an interactive, visual data integration development environment that enables collaboration and easy reusability, all with a single point of IT administration.
SAS Analytics provides an integrated environment for predictive and descriptive modeling, data mining, text analytics, forecasting, optimization, simulation, experimental design and more. From dynamic visualization to predictive modeling, model deployment and process optimization, SAS provides a range of techniques and processes for the collection, classification, analysis and interpretation of data to reveal patterns, anomalies, key variables and relationships, leading ultimately to new insights and better answers faster.
SAS® Business Intelligence
SAS Business Intelligence gives you the information you need, when you need it, in the right format. By integrating data from across your enterprise and delivering self-service reporting and analysis, IT spends less time responding to requests and business users spend less time looking for information. SAS Business Intelligence also offers an integrated, robust and flexible presentation layer for the full breadth of SAS Analytics capabilities, including statistics, predictive analytics, data and text mining, forecasting, and optimization – all integrated within the business context for better, faster decision making.
SAS® Strategy Management
SAS Strategy Management improves governance, focus and alignment of key initiatives and goals by breaking down organizational silos that can inhibit effective strategy execution throughout an organization. The unique SAS capability to validate statistically what influences outcomes may help prevent an organization from pursuing flawed strategies for months or even years at higher costs in terms of money, reputation and brand.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.