Understand public sentiment to improve government policy and operations
" Public engagement enhances the Government's effectiveness and improves the quality of its decisions."
— President Barack Obama
Transparency and Open Government Memorandum for the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies , Jan. 21, 2009
How SAS® Can Help
SAS helps make unstructured data usable, providing insights to all formats of text documents, and using the content itself to improve operational efficiencies and information relevance. With SAS, you can:
- Eliminate content chaos. Accurately categorize content and manage new inputs in real time, enabling topical relevance, efficient information processing, and managed access, distribution and retrievability.
- Discover hidden patterns. Identify explicit relationships and trends buried in unstructured and structured data collections for more informed decision making.
- Respond to citizen feedback. Analyze information from the Web, social networking sites, and internal electronic document collections to understand expressed sentiments and their effect on your agency.
How SAS® Is Different
SAS offers a more comprehensive and thorough perspective to discover trends and emerging issues, leading to in-depth analysis and better decision making. With SAS, you get:
- A rich suite of integrated tools for discovering and extracting knowledge from text documents, including sophisticated natural language processing rules and a comprehensive text mining solution that integrates text-based information with structured data, enabling predictive analytics for better answers to complex questions.
- A combination of advanced statistical modeling, natural language processing and advanced linguistic technologies to quickly and automatically extract concepts, identify entities and evaluate large volumes of multilingual content to discover trends, patterns and sentiments.
- The ability to take full advantage of content assets and ensure reuse, spanning disparate departmental repositories regardless of who owns the content or where it was generated.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Text Analytics
SAS Text Analytics help organizations address many big data issues that arise from unstructured content by applying linguistic rules and statistical methods to automatically assess, analyze and act upon the insight buried in electronic text – such as social media content, call center logs, survey data, email, loan applications, service notes, and insurance or warranty claims.
SAS helps you incorporate these insights to create new metadata for search and document retrieval relevancy and to improve predictive accuracy, provide greater understanding to organizational reports and streamline business priorities – driving proactive, evidence-based business decisions.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.