Avert disaster and increase public health and safety
SAS lets government leaders take advantage of the growing volumes of unstructured information stored in agency repositories, plus open-source public information in blogs and other social media outlets, to identify and monitor potentially explosive situations, such as banking crises and political unrest. This gives government leaders the opportunity to develop risk mitigation strategies proactively rather than reactively.
" In hindsight, many of the major crises of the past decade seemed foreseeable if only pieces of information from various corners of the government had been brought together."
"ANALYSIS: Management Matters Complex Risks," GovernmentExecutive.com, January 1, 2010
How SAS® Can Help
SAS allows organizations to automate the assessment of unstructured text data as part of ongoing analysis and monitoring, producing better insights into potential issues so that risk is mitigated by action. With SAS, you can:
- Gain a more holistic, comprehensive view of potentially volatile situations. Marry statistical analysis on structured data with insights derived from unstructured data.
- Receive early warnings when potential crises are brewing. Quickly search and analyze voluminous amounts of text data to identify and categorize emerging patterns.
- Receive continuously updated information. SAS solutions are able to crawl and mine websites, blogs and internal file systems, incrementally adding new content to existing investigations.
- Use all available information. Bring together disparate information sources for key contextual insights and examine the entire collection to understand the full scope of issues.
How SAS® Is Different
SAS offers a more comprehensive and thorough perspective for discovering trends, threats and emerging issues, leading to more comprehensive analyses and better decisions. With SAS, you get:
- A rich suite of tools for extracting knowledge from text documents, including a comprehensive text mining solution that integrates text-based information with structured data and predictive analytics for better answers to complex questions.
- A combination of advanced statistical modeling, natural language processing and advanced linguistic technologies to quickly and automatically extract concepts and events from large volumes of multilingual content to discover trends, patterns and sentiments locked away in textual content.
- The ability to fully exploit content assets and ensure reuse spanning disparate departmental repositories, no matter who owns the content or where it was generated.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Text Analytics
Your business is slammed with unstructured content from electronic text. Social media content, call center logs, emails, loan applications, service notes, warranty claims – it's up to 90 percent of all your business data. Are you taking full advantage of it all?
With SAS, you can get insights from electronic text data regardless of format or location. SAS Text Analytics uses sophisticated linguistic rules and statistical methods to evaluate text like a human mind would – minus the inconsistency and ambiguity. It automatically determines keywords and topics, categorizes content, manages semantic terms, unearths sentiment and puts things in context. So you can interpret customers' opinions, improve products, optimize services, streamline processes and make proactive, fact-based decisions.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.