SAS Community Relations Program: Criteria for Donations Related to Education
SAS support focuses on strategic initiatives in the region surrounding SAS global headquarters that increase interest and achievement in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Most efforts are directed toward sustainable programs that help teens succeed in the classroom and graduate from high school. Interested organizations should demonstrate their long-term impact and effect on significant numbers of people, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, disability, religious beliefs or income levels.SAS will consider financial and in-kind requests from education-related organizations and institutions meeting the following criteria:
- Have nonprofit tax exemption status under Internal Revenue Service code 501(c)(3).
- Have a responsible board of directors serving without compensation.
- Show financial stability as evidenced by annual financial statements.
- Employ ethical methods of publicity, promotion and solicitation of funds.
- Raise funds without payment of commissions, street solicitations or mailing of unordered tickets.
- Operate from a detailed annual budget.
- Request funds for programs or operations with a minimal portion applied to overhead.
- Use the in-kind donation to benefit organizational members or constituents.
- Sponsorship of professional athletic or amateur sports teams or individuals.
- Single events such as walk-a-thons, fundraisers, workshops, seminars, etc.
- Religious causes.
- Political parties, candidates or issues.
- Organizations that are in any way exclusive.
- Trips, tours.
- Independent film/video productions.
- Requests from individuals.