SAS® Programming for High School
In response to an increasing number of requests for more relevant curriculum in high schools, SAS developed course materials and a teacher training program for high school teachers. The program was piloted in 2007 at Apex High School in Apex, NC and is now available to any high school in the US.
Join a growing network of teachers interested in providing students with an advantage in their college and career aspirations. SAS provides five days of training and all the instructional materials, assessments and teaching guides necessary to successfully teach SAS programming.
Why Teach SAS® Programming?
- Offering SAS Programming parallels national high school reform trends by providing more rigor and relevance for secondary students.
- SAS programmers are in high demand in the marketplace. Knowledge of SAS programming can help students enter careers in the technology, marketing, financial services, insurance and pharmaceutical sectors.
- SAS software is used in college-level courses requiring quantitative analysis including psychology, sociology, statistics, mathematics, business, life sciences and public health.
Career Opportunities with SAS® Skills
- SAS programming skills are used in the vast number of industries that rely on advanced analytics. Knowledge of SAS programming leads to 21st century careers in data mining, risk management, fraud detection, clinical trials analysis and virtually any industry that depends on accurate data analysis.
- A recent search on Monster.com resulted in thousands of jobs requiring knowledge of SAS programming.
- Students who graduate with SAS programming skills will have a distinct advantage as they begin their post-secondary education.
- Career sites such as icrunchdata.com contain thousands of jobs requiring SAS programming skills at all levels in all geographies.
- Students may take a recognized certification exam documenting their skill level.