The North Carolina 1:1 Learning Technology Initiative
The 1:1 Learning Technology Initiative is a public-private partnership in which pilot high schools across North Carolina are taking a strategic approach to creating future-ready schools.
- A laptop computer for every student and teacher (provided by SAS and Golden LEAF).
- Broadband connectivity to the school (provided by the North Carolina School Connectivity Program).
- SAS® Curriculum Pathways® online resources,online resources, available at no cost to all US educators and their students. (view press release).
- The North Carolina General Assembly provided funds for wireless Internet access throughout the school, professional development, and site-based staff for instructional support.
- The Friday Institute at North Carolina State University provided the evaluation.
- See evaluations and critical issue papers.
- The North Carolina 1:1 Learning Collaborative provides a Framework for Planning for any school or district wishing to replicate this program.
Videos: Students and Teachers Tell Their Story
- Learning in Action at North Carolina middle and high schools (filmed by staff at the Friday Institute).